|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Lestat's reaction to the vision of Baby Jenks dying?
2. What does Lestat do at Akasha's command and under the influence of her blood?
3. Which god does Akasha represent to her subjects?
4. What has Jesse seen that startles Marius?
5. What image blinks through Lestat's mind when he looks at Jesse?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why is Akasha so intent on questioning the twins and, through them, the spirits? What does she hopes to gain?
2. What is Marius' reaction to the gathering of vampires which he has joined?
3. What, to Maharet, is more important than her life, even more important than finding her twin?
4. Akasha tells Lestat why she loves him. What does she say?
5. Once the twins are back in their cell, what does Amel tell them about himself?
6. What does Maharet say about Akasha's dream?
7. Lestat is very reluctant to cooperate with Akasha's plan and tries to talk her out of it. What is it about him that attracts her, even though she can't control him?
8. Marius suggests that Akasha postpone her plans until she can see that humans are evolving toward peace on their own. What is Akasha's response?
9. Maharet has searched for her twin for 6,000 years. What clues or proof has she had over that time that Mekare is alive?
10. How does Lestat feel about the events that led to him becoming a vampire?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Several female characters have been described. Pandora is aloof and longs to be human. Akasha is a vampire with a religious fervor to save the world. Maharet seems to have some wisdom that has kept her awake for centuries. What sense does a reader get about the female vampire's place in their world? Is it positive or negative? Support your argument with examples from the book.
Essay Topic 2
Several vampire characters have expressed the feeling that they lost something by becoming vampires. Several are reluctant to make other vampires, even when the individual begs. What human aspects do the vampire lose and why does it matter? Use examples from the book to support your argument.
Essay Topic 3
What is Lestat's relationship with Claudia? What is the significance of the doll that he gives her each year for her birthday and how does Claudia react to the gift? Why does Jesse have such a strong reaction to the doll she finds at Lestat's house?
This section contains 1,003 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)