|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Lestat do inadvertently to his watch and purposefully to a mirror?
2. What are Lestat's thoughts as he falls deeper and deeper into Akasha's spell?
3. What is Lestat imbibing when he is with Akasha that gives him power and pleasure?
4. What does Akasha say about her temperament?
5. Where does Akasha take Lestat after she kidnaps him from the concert.?
Short Essay Questions
1. Maharet has searched for her twin for 6,000 years. What clues or proof has she had over that time that Mekare is alive?
2. Akasha wants 99 percent of male humans killed, reasoning that a world ruled by women will be more peaceful than the world under the rule of men. What is the irony of that plan?
3. Marius suggests that Akasha postpone her plans until she can see that humans are evolving toward peace on their own. What is Akasha's response?
4. Lestat is very reluctant to cooperate with Akasha's plan and tries to talk her out of it. What is it about him that attracts her, even though she can't control him?
5. Akasha commands Lestat to kill in her name, starting with male acolytes at Azim's temple. What is his reaction to the order?
6. Was Akasha unconscious and unaware during her years of dormancy?
7. Enkil and Akasha are frightened and ashamed of what they have become, even though they have no name for it. What has come over them and how do they act?
8. Khayman is the longtime servant of the King and Queen. He also has a soft spot for the twins. To whom is he the most loyal during the early period of the vampires?
9. What does Maharet say about Akasha's dream?
10. Akasha tells Lestat why she loves him. What does she say?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
There are many allusions to Christian rituals, beliefs, and themes throughout The Queen of the Damned but they are particularly prominent in the chapter describing events at the concert. Why does the author use those images and references? Support your theory with examples. Did she use them effectively? Would the meaning of the book be markedly different without them?
Essay Topic 2
Would you, if given the choice, choose immortality over being human? If so, why? If not, why not?
Essay Topic 3
The author describes Pandora and Azim as characters who are opposite in their adaption to the vampire existence. Pandora yearns for life as a human, tries not to use her powers, and restrains herself from feeding on blood. Azim is lusty and vigorous in his pursuit of blood and celebrates his life as a vampire. Are there any parallels in the ways that human individuals live? Should either Pandora or Azim change their ways?
This section contains 1,095 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)