|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Lestat do inadvertently to his watch and purposefully to a mirror?
2. What is the reaction of the other vampires as Akasha is destroyed?
3. What skill does Lestat gain when he is with Akasha?
4. How does Enkil come to rule his kingdom?
5. What does Akasha say about her temperament?
Short Essay Questions
1. Akasha wants 99 percent of male humans killed, reasoning that a world ruled by women will be more peaceful than the world under the rule of men. What is the irony of that plan?
2. What, to Maharet, is more important than her life, even more important than finding her twin?
3. What is Marius' reaction to the gathering of vampires which he has joined?
4. Describe Lestat's feelings as he watches Akasha's plan unfolding.
5. Maharet has searched for her twin for 6,000 years. What clues or proof has she had over that time that Mekare is alive?
6. Who was keeping Akasha still on the throne and what does she do to that person?
7. What does Maharet say about Akasha's dream?
8. Akasha commands Lestat to kill in her name, starting with male acolytes at Azim's temple. What is his reaction to the order?
9. When the twins fail to restore them, the King and Queen first vow to kill them but settle for plucking out Maharet's eyes and cutting out Mekare's tongue. What happens to the eyes and the tongue, and then what happens to the twins?
10. Does Lestat believe in Akasha's quest? Why or why not?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
The author uses Baby Jenks as a contradictory character, one who experiences death--both her own and that of others--several times in this short chapter. What are her experiences of death and how are they relevant to the on-going story of the vampires?
Essay Topic 2
When Marius learns that the dreams are the products of Mekare's thoughts and obsessions, he is stunned and considers the situation worse than he had imagined. Why? What does he surmise about Mekare's reawakening?
Essay Topic 3
Several female characters have been described. Pandora is aloof and longs to be human. Akasha is a vampire with a religious fervor to save the world. Maharet seems to have some wisdom that has kept her awake for centuries. What sense does a reader get about the female vampire's place in their world? Is it positive or negative? Support your argument with examples from the book.
This section contains 1,005 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)