|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Lestat do inadvertently to his watch and purposefully to a mirror?
2. What is the threat made against Akasha by one of the twins?
3. Which part of their mother's body does Mekare and Mahareta believe is most significant?
4. What does Maharet reveal to the gathering?
5. What does Akasha believe will be the result of her reign?
Short Essay Questions
1. Enkil and Akasha are frightened and ashamed of what they have become, even though they have no name for it. What has come over them and how do they act?
2. What is Marius' reaction to the gathering of vampires which he has joined?
3. What has Jesse seen that adds to the vampires' belief Mekare is sending the dreams?
4. Why does Marius feel so strongly about seeing Armand--whom he calls Amadeo--again?
5. What weapon with sentimental meaning does Akasha show Lestat in his father's castle?
6. How does Lestat feel about the events that led to him becoming a vampire?
7. Who was keeping Akasha still on the throne and what does she do to that person?
8. When the twins fail to restore them, the King and Queen first vow to kill them but settle for plucking out Maharet's eyes and cutting out Mekare's tongue. What happens to the eyes and the tongue, and then what happens to the twins?
9. Marius suggests that Akasha postpone her plans until she can see that humans are evolving toward peace on their own. What is Akasha's response?
10. Maharet has searched for her twin for 6,000 years. What clues or proof has she had over that time that Mekare is alive?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Lestat expresses a lifelong desire to be good, to do good, to be celebrated as a hero or a star. He wanted to become a priest, a famous entertainer and even a catalyst to show mortals the evil of vampires. What kept Lestat from realizing that overall ambition? Was it chance or something in his character? Use examples from the book.
Essay Topic 2
As Maharet tells the saga of the twins to the assembled vampires, she recalls an argument between Mekare and the evil spirit Amel about the nature of flesh, spirit and soul. As a result, Amel lingers around the witches. Eventually, he does something catastrophic. Discuss the argument between Amel and Mekare. How does it explain Amel's subsequent action?
Essay Topic 3
Both Pandora and Khayman are portrayed as longing to be human, and Khayman is described as almost unbearably lonely during the concert events. Analyze their characters, the relationship between the two (if any), and the reasons why the author put these two characters together.
This section contains 1,023 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)