|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Armand dreaming when Akasha lets Lestat see him?
2. How does the group of Greek women treat Lestat when he awakens?
3. What is the threat made against Akasha by one of the twins?
4. What does the spirit Amel give to Akasha?
5. Why doesn't Akasha accept Lestat's suggestion that she just dazzle men into obedience rather than kill them?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why is Akasha so intent on questioning the twins and, through them, the spirits? What does she hopes to gain?
2. Maharet has searched for her twin for 6,000 years. What clues or proof has she had over that time that Mekare is alive?
3. What has Jesse seen that adds to the vampires' belief Mekare is sending the dreams?
4. Why does Marius feel so strongly about seeing Armand--whom he calls Amadeo--again?
5. Lestat is very reluctant to cooperate with Akasha's plan and tries to talk her out of it. What is it about him that attracts her, even though she can't control him?
6. Does Lestat believe in Akasha's quest? Why or why not?
7. Describe Lestat's feelings as he watches Akasha's plan unfolding.
8. Akasha commands Lestat to kill in her name, starting with male acolytes at Azim's temple. What is his reaction to the order?
9. How does Lestat feel about the events that led to him becoming a vampire?
10. Akasha wants 99 percent of male humans killed, reasoning that a world ruled by women will be more peaceful than the world under the rule of men. What is the irony of that plan?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
What genre or genres is The Queen of the Damned? Give a thesis, a definition of the chosen genre, and supportive examples from the book. Discuss whether the book overlaps any other genres or in some significant way does not fit the classical definition of the chosen genre. You may also discuss "sub-genres" contained within the main narrative.
Essay Topic 2
Lestat is introspective in Greece. He realizes Akasha has granted all his wishes and especially his wish to be a symbol of an evil that shouldn't exist. What precipitates his insight? How does the realization make him feel. Why?
Essay Topic 3
Both Pandora and Khayman are portrayed as longing to be human, and Khayman is described as almost unbearably lonely during the concert events. Analyze their characters, the relationship between the two (if any), and the reasons why the author put these two characters together.
This section contains 1,048 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)