|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What argument is made regarding mortals in hopes of stalling Akasha's plan?
2. Gabrielle wants to destroy Akasha for taking her son, Lestat. What does she ask Maharet about that plan?
3. What does Marius notices that every surviving vampire has in common?
4. What is Akasha's response when Lestat demands they go to his friends?
5. What does Lestat do at Akasha's command and under the influence of her blood?
Essay Topic 1
Lestat is introspective in Greece. He realizes Akasha has granted all his wishes and especially his wish to be a symbol of an evil that shouldn't exist. What precipitates his insight? How does the realization make him feel. Why?
Essay Topic 2
There are many allusions to Christian rituals, beliefs, and themes throughout The Queen of the Damned but they are particularly prominent in the chapter describing events at the concert. Why does the author use those images and references? Support your theory with examples. Did she use them effectively? Would the meaning of the book be markedly different without them?
Essay Topic 3
The night before Lestat's concert, Armand gives in to Daniel's obsessive desire to become a vampire. Armand says he does this out of love and weakness. What benefits will Armand get out of making Daniel immortal? What are the drawbacks for Daniel, considering that he really wants to be a vampire? Did Armand make the right decision? Why or why not? Do modern Americans face similar dilemmas when balancing what they want and the consequences to getting what they want?
This section contains 1,382 words
(approx. 5 pages at 300 words per page)