Final Test - Hard
|Name: _____________________________||Period: ___________________________|
This quiz consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What argument is made regarding mortals in hopes of stalling Akasha's plan?
2. Gabrielle wants to destroy Akasha for taking her son, Lestat. What does she ask Maharet about that plan?
3. What does Marius notices that every surviving vampire has in common?
4. What is Akasha's response when Lestat demands they go to his friends?
5. What does Lestat do at Akasha's command and under the influence of her blood?
Both Pandora and Khayman are portrayed as longing to be human, and Khayman is described as almost unbearably lonely during the concert events. Analyze their characters, the relationship between the two (if any), and the reasons why the author put these two characters together.
What genre or genres is The Queen of the Damned? Give a thesis, a definition of the chosen genre, and supportive examples from the book. Discuss whether the book overlaps any other genres or in some significant way does not fit the classical definition of the chosen genre. You may also discuss "sub-genres" contained within the main narrative.
Lestat expresses a lifelong desire to be good, to do good, to be celebrated as a hero or a star. He wanted to become a priest, a famous entertainer and even a catalyst to show mortals the evil of vampires. What kept Lestat from realizing that overall ambition? Was it chance or something in his character? Use examples from the book.
This section contains 429 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)