Final Test - Hard
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What argument is made regarding mortals in hopes of stalling Akasha's plan?
2. Gabrielle wants to destroy Akasha for taking her son, Lestat. What does she ask Maharet about that plan?
3. What does Marius notices that every surviving vampire has in common?
4. What is Akasha's response when Lestat demands they go to his friends?
5. What does Lestat do at Akasha's command and under the influence of her blood?
Essay Topic 1
Lestat is introspective in Greece. He realizes Akasha has granted all his wishes and especially his wish to be a symbol of an evil that shouldn't exist. What precipitates his insight? How does the realization make him feel. Why?
Essay Topic 2
The author describes Pandora and Azim as characters who are opposite in their adaption to the vampire existence. Pandora yearns for life as a human, tries not to use her powers, and restrains herself from feeding on blood. Azim is lusty and vigorous in his pursuit of blood and celebrates his life as a vampire. Are there any parallels in the ways that human individuals live? Should either Pandora or Azim change their ways?
Essay Topic 3
The author uses Baby Jenks as a contradictory character, one who experiences death--both her own and that of others--several times in this short chapter. What are her experiences of death and how are they relevant to the on-going story of the vampires?
This section contains 425 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)