|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What argument is made regarding mortals in hopes of stalling Akasha's plan?
2. Gabrielle wants to destroy Akasha for taking her son, Lestat. What does she ask Maharet about that plan?
3. What does Marius notices that every surviving vampire has in common?
4. What is Akasha's response when Lestat demands they go to his friends?
5. What does Lestat do at Akasha's command and under the influence of her blood?
Essay Topic 1
The gathering of the vampires includes some who are ancient and some who are newly made. Pick three--of varying age and/or temperament--and analyze what strengths they bring to the situation at hand.
Essay Topic 2
Throughout The Queen of the Damned, vampires and some mortals struggle with the concepts of right and wrong, mortality and immortality, spirit and flesh, belief and non-belief. In your opinion, what is the outcome? Use examples to illustrate your thesis.
Essay Topic 3
Both Pandora and Khayman are portrayed as longing to be human, and Khayman is described as almost unbearably lonely during the concert events. Analyze their characters, the relationship between the two (if any), and the reasons why the author put these two characters together.
This section contains 1,382 words
(approx. 5 pages at 300 words per page)