|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Akasha's response when Lestat demands they go to his friends?
2. How does Enkil come to rule his kingdom?
3. Why does Khayman want the twins to become vampires?
4. What skill does Lestat gain when he is with Akasha?
5. What does Marius suggest the vampires do when they learn of the massacres committed by Akasha and Lestat?
Essay Topic 1
What is Lestat's relationship with Claudia? What is the significance of the doll that he gives her each year for her birthday and how does Claudia react to the gift? Why does Jesse have such a strong reaction to the doll she finds at Lestat's house?
Essay Topic 2
Throughout The Queen of the Damned, vampires and some mortals struggle with the concepts of right and wrong, mortality and immortality, spirit and flesh, belief and non-belief. In your opinion, what is the outcome? Use examples to illustrate your thesis.
Essay Topic 3
As Maharet tells the saga of the twins to the assembled vampires, she recalls an argument between Mekare and the evil spirit Amel about the nature of flesh, spirit and soul. As a result, Amel lingers around the witches. Eventually, he does something catastrophic. Discuss the argument between Amel and Mekare. How does it explain Amel's subsequent action?
This section contains 1,304 words
(approx. 5 pages at 300 words per page)