Final Test - Hard
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What argument is made regarding mortals in hopes of stalling Akasha's plan?
2. Gabrielle wants to destroy Akasha for taking her son, Lestat. What does she ask Maharet about that plan?
3. What does Marius notices that every surviving vampire has in common?
4. What is Akasha's response when Lestat demands they go to his friends?
5. What does Lestat do at Akasha's command and under the influence of her blood?
Essay Topic 1
Both Pandora and Khayman are portrayed as longing to be human, and Khayman is described as almost unbearably lonely during the concert events. Analyze their characters, the relationship between the two (if any), and the reasons why the author put these two characters together.
Essay Topic 2
Lestat expresses a lifelong desire to be good, to do good, to be celebrated as a hero or a star. He wanted to become a priest, a famous entertainer and even a catalyst to show mortals the evil of vampires. What kept Lestat from realizing that overall ambition? Was it chance or something in his character? Use examples from the book.
Essay Topic 3
Mahareta shows her fellow surviving vampires a family tree of the mortal descendants of her daughter Miriam. She says that protecting that family as it grew and spread gave her a reason for continuing. The other vampires are moved and acknowledge the importance of these mortals. What is it about the family that is important to the vampires? What are they willing to sacrifice in order to protect that family and other mortal families? How do the feelings expressed by the vampires fit into the themes of the book?
This section contains 464 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)