|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Akasha's only weakness?
2. At the meeting of Akasha and the others, where does Lestat sit?
3. What sort of creatures are Mekare, Maharet, and their mother?
4. What is Marius' condition when Pandora rescues him from the ice?
5. What is Akasha's response when Lestat demands they go to his friends?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Lestat feel about the events that led to him becoming a vampire?
2. What does Maharet say about Akasha's dream?
3. Does Lestat believe in Akasha's quest? Why or why not?
4. When the twins fail to restore them, the King and Queen first vow to kill them but settle for plucking out Maharet's eyes and cutting out Mekare's tongue. What happens to the eyes and the tongue, and then what happens to the twins?
5. What is Marius' reaction to the gathering of vampires which he has joined?
6. What weapon with sentimental meaning does Akasha show Lestat in his father's castle?
7. Akasha tells Lestat why she loves him. What does she say?
8. Describe Lestat's feelings as he watches Akasha's plan unfolding.
9. Akasha wants 99 percent of male humans killed, reasoning that a world ruled by women will be more peaceful than the world under the rule of men. What is the irony of that plan?
10. Who was keeping Akasha still on the throne and what does she do to that person?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
The author describes Pandora and Azim as characters who are opposite in their adaption to the vampire existence. Pandora yearns for life as a human, tries not to use her powers, and restrains herself from feeding on blood. Azim is lusty and vigorous in his pursuit of blood and celebrates his life as a vampire. Are there any parallels in the ways that human individuals live? Should either Pandora or Azim change their ways?
Essay Topic 2
Several vampire characters have expressed the feeling that they lost something by becoming vampires. Several are reluctant to make other vampires, even when the individual begs. What human aspects do the vampire lose and why does it matter? Use examples from the book to support your argument.
Essay Topic 3
When Marius learns that the dreams are the products of Mekare's thoughts and obsessions, he is stunned and considers the situation worse than he had imagined. Why? What does he surmise about Mekare's reawakening?
This section contains 894 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)