|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the spirit Amel give to Akasha?
2. What is Armand dreaming when Akasha lets Lestat see him?
3. Which of the twins usually did the talking in the early days?
4. What is Marius' condition when Pandora rescues him from the ice?
5. What is Lestat's reaction to the vision of Baby Jenks dying?
Short Essay Questions
1. What, to Maharet, is more important than her life, even more important than finding her twin?
2. Lestat is very reluctant to cooperate with Akasha's plan and tries to talk her out of it. What is it about him that attracts her, even though she can't control him?
3. What weapon with sentimental meaning does Akasha show Lestat in his father's castle?
4. Marius suggests that Akasha postpone her plans until she can see that humans are evolving toward peace on their own. What is Akasha's response?
5. Akasha commands Lestat to kill in her name, starting with male acolytes at Azim's temple. What is his reaction to the order?
6. Akasha wants 99 percent of male humans killed, reasoning that a world ruled by women will be more peaceful than the world under the rule of men. What is the irony of that plan?
7. What does Maharet say about Akasha's dream?
8. Was Akasha unconscious and unaware during her years of dormancy?
9. Once the twins are back in their cell, what does Amel tell them about himself?
10. Does Lestat believe in Akasha's quest? Why or why not?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Would you, if given the choice, choose immortality over being human? If so, why? If not, why not?
Essay Topic 2
The gathering of the vampires includes some who are ancient and some who are newly made. Pick three--of varying age and/or temperament--and analyze what strengths they bring to the situation at hand.
Essay Topic 3
There are several sexually charged and/or committed relationships between vampires in The Queen of the Damned. The sexual aspect or symbolism is particularly strong when a mortal is made into a vampire. What purpose do those scenes or images serve in developing the theme or themes of the book? Use examples to support your argument.
This section contains 910 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)