|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Marahet say about Akasha?
2. What does Akasha shout as her first victim burns?
3. The idea that Mekare is alive and sending the dreams causes what emotions among the older vampires?
4. What is Lestat imbibing when he is with Akasha that gives him power and pleasure?
5. What enemy did Lestat slay when he was mortal?
Short Essay Questions
1. Does Lestat believe in Akasha's quest? Why or why not?
2. What is Marius' reaction to the gathering of vampires which he has joined?
3. Describe Lestat's feelings as he watches Akasha's plan unfolding.
4. Akasha tells Lestat why she loves him. What does she say?
5. Akasha commands Lestat to kill in her name, starting with male acolytes at Azim's temple. What is his reaction to the order?
6. Marius suggests that Akasha postpone her plans until she can see that humans are evolving toward peace on their own. What is Akasha's response?
7. Maharet has searched for her twin for 6,000 years. What clues or proof has she had over that time that Mekare is alive?
8. How does Lestat feel about the events that led to him becoming a vampire?
9. Once the twins are back in their cell, what does Amel tell them about himself?
10. Why is Akasha so intent on questioning the twins and, through them, the spirits? What does she hopes to gain?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
At the conference between Akasha and the other vampires, she argues first with Marius and then with Mahareta. What is the thrust of Marius' argument and how does Akasha refute what he says? How does Mahareta frame her opposition to Akasha's plan? What are the most persuasive points that Marius and Mahareta make?
Essay Topic 2
What genre or genres is The Queen of the Damned? Give a thesis, a definition of the chosen genre, and supportive examples from the book. Discuss whether the book overlaps any other genres or in some significant way does not fit the classical definition of the chosen genre. You may also discuss "sub-genres" contained within the main narrative.
Essay Topic 3
The author uses Baby Jenks as a contradictory character, one who experiences death--both her own and that of others--several times in this short chapter. What are her experiences of death and how are they relevant to the on-going story of the vampires?
This section contains 974 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)