|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Gabrielle wants to destroy Akasha for taking her son, Lestat. What does she ask Maharet about that plan?
2. What does Marius suggest the vampires do when they learn of the massacres committed by Akasha and Lestat?
3. Why doesn't Akasha accept Lestat's suggestion that she just dazzle men into obedience rather than kill them?
4. What does Akasha want from Lestat, as she is taking him from place to place to see the poor and downtrodden?
5. What effect does Maharet's red hair have on Marius' mood?
Short Essay Questions
1. Once the twins are back in their cell, what does Amel tell them about himself?
2. Who was keeping Akasha still on the throne and what does she do to that person?
3. Lestat is very reluctant to cooperate with Akasha's plan and tries to talk her out of it. What is it about him that attracts her, even though she can't control him?
4. Was Akasha unconscious and unaware during her years of dormancy?
5. How does Lestat feel about the events that led to him becoming a vampire?
6. Why does Marius feel so strongly about seeing Armand--whom he calls Amadeo--again?
7. Akasha wants 99 percent of male humans killed, reasoning that a world ruled by women will be more peaceful than the world under the rule of men. What is the irony of that plan?
8. Maharet has searched for her twin for 6,000 years. What clues or proof has she had over that time that Mekare is alive?
9. What is Marius' reaction to the gathering of vampires which he has joined?
10. Marius suggests that Akasha postpone her plans until she can see that humans are evolving toward peace on their own. What is Akasha's response?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
When Marius learns that the dreams are the products of Mekare's thoughts and obsessions, he is stunned and considers the situation worse than he had imagined. Why? What does he surmise about Mekare's reawakening?
Essay Topic 2
From the start, various characters in The Queen of the Damned express the desire to be--or at least, to feel--human. Lestat, Armand and Pandora all have different strategies for recalling the sensations of being alive and human. What is it that the vampires miss about being human? What are the sensations they miss, how do they attempt to relive them, and are they successful in their efforts? Give examples and evidence from the text.
Essay Topic 3
Several vampire characters have expressed the feeling that they lost something by becoming vampires. Several are reluctant to make other vampires, even when the individual begs. What human aspects do the vampire lose and why does it matter? Use examples from the book to support your argument.
This section contains 1,053 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)