|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Marius' condition when Pandora rescues him from the ice?
2. How does Enkil come to rule his kingdom?
3. Where does Akasha take Lestat after she kidnaps him from the concert.?
4. What enemy did Lestat slay when he was mortal?
5. What does the spirit Amel give to Akasha?
Short Essay Questions
1. Akasha wants 99 percent of male humans killed, reasoning that a world ruled by women will be more peaceful than the world under the rule of men. What is the irony of that plan?
2. What is Marius' reaction to the gathering of vampires which he has joined?
3. Akasha commands Lestat to kill in her name, starting with male acolytes at Azim's temple. What is his reaction to the order?
4. How does Lestat feel about the events that led to him becoming a vampire?
5. What weapon with sentimental meaning does Akasha show Lestat in his father's castle?
6. What does Maharet say about Akasha's dream?
7. Why is Akasha so intent on questioning the twins and, through them, the spirits? What does she hopes to gain?
8. Was Akasha unconscious and unaware during her years of dormancy?
9. When the twins fail to restore them, the King and Queen first vow to kill them but settle for plucking out Maharet's eyes and cutting out Mekare's tongue. What happens to the eyes and the tongue, and then what happens to the twins?
10. Khayman is the longtime servant of the King and Queen. He also has a soft spot for the twins. To whom is he the most loyal during the early period of the vampires?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
The gathering of the vampires includes some who are ancient and some who are newly made. Pick three--of varying age and/or temperament--and analyze what strengths they bring to the situation at hand.
Essay Topic 2
At the conference between Akasha and the other vampires, she argues first with Marius and then with Mahareta. What is the thrust of Marius' argument and how does Akasha refute what he says? How does Mahareta frame her opposition to Akasha's plan? What are the most persuasive points that Marius and Mahareta make?
Essay Topic 3
Several female characters have been described. Pandora is aloof and longs to be human. Akasha is a vampire with a religious fervor to save the world. Maharet seems to have some wisdom that has kept her awake for centuries. What sense does a reader get about the female vampire's place in their world? Is it positive or negative? Support your argument with examples from the book.
This section contains 987 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)