|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where had Lestat been happiest?
2. How can the King and Queen reduce their extreme thirst for blood?
3. At the meeting of Akasha and the others, where does Lestat sit?
4. What does Lestat do at Akasha's command and under the influence of her blood?
5. What is the reaction of the other vampires as Akasha is destroyed?
Short Essay Questions
1. Was Akasha unconscious and unaware during her years of dormancy?
2. What, to Maharet, is more important than her life, even more important than finding her twin?
3. Does Lestat believe in Akasha's quest? Why or why not?
4. Akasha wants 99 percent of male humans killed, reasoning that a world ruled by women will be more peaceful than the world under the rule of men. What is the irony of that plan?
5. Why does Marius feel so strongly about seeing Armand--whom he calls Amadeo--again?
6. Khayman is the longtime servant of the King and Queen. He also has a soft spot for the twins. To whom is he the most loyal during the early period of the vampires?
7. Once the twins are back in their cell, what does Amel tell them about himself?
8. What weapon with sentimental meaning does Akasha show Lestat in his father's castle?
9. What has Jesse seen that adds to the vampires' belief Mekare is sending the dreams?
10. When the twins fail to restore them, the King and Queen first vow to kill them but settle for plucking out Maharet's eyes and cutting out Mekare's tongue. What happens to the eyes and the tongue, and then what happens to the twins?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Mahareta shows her fellow surviving vampires a family tree of the mortal descendants of her daughter Miriam. She says that protecting that family as it grew and spread gave her a reason for continuing. The other vampires are moved and acknowledge the importance of these mortals. What is it about the family that is important to the vampires? What are they willing to sacrifice in order to protect that family and other mortal families? How do the feelings expressed by the vampires fit into the themes of the book?
Essay Topic 2
Throughout The Queen of the Damned, vampires and some mortals struggle with the concepts of right and wrong, mortality and immortality, spirit and flesh, belief and non-belief. In your opinion, what is the outcome? Use examples to illustrate your thesis.
Essay Topic 3
Lestat expresses a lifelong desire to be good, to do good, to be celebrated as a hero or a star. He wanted to become a priest, a famous entertainer and even a catalyst to show mortals the evil of vampires. What kept Lestat from realizing that overall ambition? Was it chance or something in his character? Use examples from the book.
This section contains 1,026 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)