|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the reaction of Akasha and Enkil to their transformation?
2. What does Marahet say about Akasha?
3. What does Maharet reveal to the gathering?
4. What are Lestat's thoughts as he falls deeper and deeper into Akasha's spell?
5. What does the spirit Amel give to Akasha?
Short Essay Questions
1. Maharet has searched for her twin for 6,000 years. What clues or proof has she had over that time that Mekare is alive?
2. What weapon with sentimental meaning does Akasha show Lestat in his father's castle?
3. What, to Maharet, is more important than her life, even more important than finding her twin?
4. Marius suggests that Akasha postpone her plans until she can see that humans are evolving toward peace on their own. What is Akasha's response?
5. What is Marius' reaction to the gathering of vampires which he has joined?
6. Akasha commands Lestat to kill in her name, starting with male acolytes at Azim's temple. What is his reaction to the order?
7. Once the twins are back in their cell, what does Amel tell them about himself?
8. Akasha wants 99 percent of male humans killed, reasoning that a world ruled by women will be more peaceful than the world under the rule of men. What is the irony of that plan?
9. Was Akasha unconscious and unaware during her years of dormancy?
10. What does Maharet say about Akasha's dream?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
There are many allusions to Christian rituals, beliefs, and themes throughout The Queen of the Damned but they are particularly prominent in the chapter describing events at the concert. Why does the author use those images and references? Support your theory with examples. Did she use them effectively? Would the meaning of the book be markedly different without them?
Essay Topic 2
Both Pandora and Khayman are portrayed as longing to be human, and Khayman is described as almost unbearably lonely during the concert events. Analyze their characters, the relationship between the two (if any), and the reasons why the author put these two characters together.
Essay Topic 3
When Marius learns that the dreams are the products of Mekare's thoughts and obsessions, he is stunned and considers the situation worse than he had imagined. Why? What does he surmise about Mekare's reawakening?
This section contains 954 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)