|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Maharet reveal to the gathering?
2. What does Marius notices that every surviving vampire has in common?
3. What is Marius' condition when Pandora rescues him from the ice?
4. How do Akasha and Lestat get to their first destination?
5. What is Lestat's reaction to the vision of Baby Jenks dying?
Short Essay Questions
1. Akasha tells Lestat why she loves him. What does she say?
2. Akasha commands Lestat to kill in her name, starting with male acolytes at Azim's temple. What is his reaction to the order?
3. Does Lestat believe in Akasha's quest? Why or why not?
4. Enkil and Akasha are frightened and ashamed of what they have become, even though they have no name for it. What has come over them and how do they act?
5. What is Marius' reaction to the gathering of vampires which he has joined?
6. How does Lestat feel about the events that led to him becoming a vampire?
7. Khayman is the longtime servant of the King and Queen. He also has a soft spot for the twins. To whom is he the most loyal during the early period of the vampires?
8. Who was keeping Akasha still on the throne and what does she do to that person?
9. What does Maharet say about Akasha's dream?
10. Lestat is very reluctant to cooperate with Akasha's plan and tries to talk her out of it. What is it about him that attracts her, even though she can't control him?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
At the conference between Akasha and the other vampires, she argues first with Marius and then with Mahareta. What is the thrust of Marius' argument and how does Akasha refute what he says? How does Mahareta frame her opposition to Akasha's plan? What are the most persuasive points that Marius and Mahareta make?
Essay Topic 2
Several female characters have been described. Pandora is aloof and longs to be human. Akasha is a vampire with a religious fervor to save the world. Maharet seems to have some wisdom that has kept her awake for centuries. What sense does a reader get about the female vampire's place in their world? Is it positive or negative? Support your argument with examples from the book.
Essay Topic 3
Lestat is introspective in Greece. He realizes Akasha has granted all his wishes and especially his wish to be a symbol of an evil that shouldn't exist. What precipitates his insight? How does the realization make him feel. Why?
This section contains 1,029 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)