|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why do the people of Mount Carmel eat their dead?
2. What does Marius suggest the vampires do when they learn of the massacres committed by Akasha and Lestat?
3. Where does Akasha take Lestat after she kidnaps him from the concert.?
4. What does Marahet say about Akasha?
5. What is Akasha's response when Lestat demands they go to his friends?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Lestat feel about the events that led to him becoming a vampire?
2. Maharet has searched for her twin for 6,000 years. What clues or proof has she had over that time that Mekare is alive?
3. Enkil and Akasha are frightened and ashamed of what they have become, even though they have no name for it. What has come over them and how do they act?
4. Does Lestat believe in Akasha's quest? Why or why not?
5. Once the twins are back in their cell, what does Amel tell them about himself?
6. Lestat is very reluctant to cooperate with Akasha's plan and tries to talk her out of it. What is it about him that attracts her, even though she can't control him?
7. Describe Lestat's feelings as he watches Akasha's plan unfolding.
8. What weapon with sentimental meaning does Akasha show Lestat in his father's castle?
9. What has Jesse seen that adds to the vampires' belief Mekare is sending the dreams?
10. What does Maharet say about Akasha's dream?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Several female characters have been described. Pandora is aloof and longs to be human. Akasha is a vampire with a religious fervor to save the world. Maharet seems to have some wisdom that has kept her awake for centuries. What sense does a reader get about the female vampire's place in their world? Is it positive or negative? Support your argument with examples from the book.
Essay Topic 2
At the conference between Akasha and the other vampires, she argues first with Marius and then with Mahareta. What is the thrust of Marius' argument and how does Akasha refute what he says? How does Mahareta frame her opposition to Akasha's plan? What are the most persuasive points that Marius and Mahareta make?
Essay Topic 3
The night before Lestat's concert, Armand gives in to Daniel's obsessive desire to become a vampire. Armand says he does this out of love and weakness. What benefits will Armand get out of making Daniel immortal? What are the drawbacks for Daniel, considering that he really wants to be a vampire? Did Armand make the right decision? Why or why not? Do modern Americans face similar dilemmas when balancing what they want and the consequences to getting what they want?
This section contains 1,026 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)