|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Akasha knows something about Lestat's nature. What is it?
2. How does Lestat feel about killing for Akasha?
3. What has Lestat become, as he and Akasha leave Greece?
4. What does Marius notices that every surviving vampire has in common?
5. What does Marius suggest the vampires do when they learn of the massacres committed by Akasha and Lestat?
Short Essay Questions
1. When the twins fail to restore them, the King and Queen first vow to kill them but settle for plucking out Maharet's eyes and cutting out Mekare's tongue. What happens to the eyes and the tongue, and then what happens to the twins?
2. What weapon with sentimental meaning does Akasha show Lestat in his father's castle?
3. Maharet has searched for her twin for 6,000 years. What clues or proof has she had over that time that Mekare is alive?
4. Marius suggests that Akasha postpone her plans until she can see that humans are evolving toward peace on their own. What is Akasha's response?
5. Describe Lestat's feelings as he watches Akasha's plan unfolding.
6. Why does Marius feel so strongly about seeing Armand--whom he calls Amadeo--again?
7. Was Akasha unconscious and unaware during her years of dormancy?
8. Once the twins are back in their cell, what does Amel tell them about himself?
9. Why is Akasha so intent on questioning the twins and, through them, the spirits? What does she hopes to gain?
10. What is Marius' reaction to the gathering of vampires which he has joined?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
The author uses Baby Jenks as a contradictory character, one who experiences death--both her own and that of others--several times in this short chapter. What are her experiences of death and how are they relevant to the on-going story of the vampires?
Essay Topic 2
What is Lestat's relationship with Claudia? What is the significance of the doll that he gives her each year for her birthday and how does Claudia react to the gift? Why does Jesse have such a strong reaction to the doll she finds at Lestat's house?
Essay Topic 3
The night before Lestat's concert, Armand gives in to Daniel's obsessive desire to become a vampire. Armand says he does this out of love and weakness. What benefits will Armand get out of making Daniel immortal? What are the drawbacks for Daniel, considering that he really wants to be a vampire? Did Armand make the right decision? Why or why not? Do modern Americans face similar dilemmas when balancing what they want and the consequences to getting what they want?
This section contains 956 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)