|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Akasha want from Lestat, as she is taking him from place to place to see the poor and downtrodden?
2. What is the only solution the twins can offer Akasha and Enkil to end their torment?
3. What does Maharet reveal to the gathering?
4. What is Akasha's response when Lestat demands they go to his friends?
5. What does Marius notices that every surviving vampire has in common?
Short Essay Questions
1. What, to Maharet, is more important than her life, even more important than finding her twin?
2. Lestat is very reluctant to cooperate with Akasha's plan and tries to talk her out of it. What is it about him that attracts her, even though she can't control him?
3. Does Lestat believe in Akasha's quest? Why or why not?
4. How does Lestat feel about the events that led to him becoming a vampire?
5. Enkil and Akasha are frightened and ashamed of what they have become, even though they have no name for it. What has come over them and how do they act?
6. Marius suggests that Akasha postpone her plans until she can see that humans are evolving toward peace on their own. What is Akasha's response?
7. Khayman is the longtime servant of the King and Queen. He also has a soft spot for the twins. To whom is he the most loyal during the early period of the vampires?
8. Who was keeping Akasha still on the throne and what does she do to that person?
9. Akasha commands Lestat to kill in her name, starting with male acolytes at Azim's temple. What is his reaction to the order?
10. Describe Lestat's feelings as he watches Akasha's plan unfolding.
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Throughout The Queen of the Damned, vampires and some mortals struggle with the concepts of right and wrong, mortality and immortality, spirit and flesh, belief and non-belief. In your opinion, what is the outcome? Use examples to illustrate your thesis.
Essay Topic 2
Mahareta shows her fellow surviving vampires a family tree of the mortal descendants of her daughter Miriam. She says that protecting that family as it grew and spread gave her a reason for continuing. The other vampires are moved and acknowledge the importance of these mortals. What is it about the family that is important to the vampires? What are they willing to sacrifice in order to protect that family and other mortal families? How do the feelings expressed by the vampires fit into the themes of the book?
Essay Topic 3
Lestat is introspective in Greece. He realizes Akasha has granted all his wishes and especially his wish to be a symbol of an evil that shouldn't exist. What precipitates his insight? How does the realization make him feel. Why?
This section contains 1,120 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)