|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the reaction of the other vampires as Akasha is destroyed?
2. Lestat describes being "blanketed in succulent human flesh." How does he respond?
3. What is the reaction of Akasha and Enkil to their transformation?
4. What finally breaks Khayman's spirit?
5. What does Akasha say about her temperament?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
The gathering of the vampires includes some who are ancient and some who are newly made. Pick three--of varying age and/or temperament--and analyze what strengths they bring to the situation at hand.
Essay Topic 2
When Marius learns that the dreams are the products of Mekare's thoughts and obsessions, he is stunned and considers the situation worse than he had imagined. Why? What does he surmise about Mekare's reawakening?
Essay Topic 3
Both Pandora and Khayman are portrayed as longing to be human, and Khayman is described as almost unbearably lonely during the concert events. Analyze their characters, the relationship between the two (if any), and the reasons why the author put these two characters together.
This section contains 1,318 words
(approx. 5 pages at 300 words per page)