|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Jesse find in New Orleans?
2. What do Armand and Daniel do after becoming a couple?
3. What is a legend?
4. Why does Maharet decide, despite her earlier reluctance, to make Jesse into one of the undead?
5. What does the Queen do just before getting to the concert hall?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Baby Jenks dislike her mother?
2. What happens in Lestat's music video, which Marius sees in a television store window?
3. Did Jesse feel more loyalty to the Great Family or to Talamasca?
4. During the concert, Jesse throws herself against Lestat and wraps her arms around him. Why does she feel the need to touch him, and what does she learn from the experience?
5. The prologue gives Lestat the opportunity to talk about himself and therefore to establish his character. What does the reader learn about Lestat?
6. What was one of the most fascinating aspects of Maharet's house for Jesse?
7. Why do some of the vampires view their telepathic gift--the ability to read the minds of mortals and other vampires--as something of a curse?
8. Why doesn't Pandora like to fly, even though she can?
9. What is one of the primary purposes of the Prologue of The Queen of the Damned? Why is that important?
10. What does Jesse notice about Maharet and Mael that at first leads her to think of them as "different" and eventually to realize that they are vampires?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Lestat is introspective in Greece. He realizes Akasha has granted all his wishes and especially his wish to be a symbol of an evil that shouldn't exist. What precipitates his insight? How does the realization make him feel. Why?
Essay Topic 2
Several vampire characters have expressed the feeling that they lost something by becoming vampires. Several are reluctant to make other vampires, even when the individual begs. What human aspects do the vampire lose and why does it matter? Use examples from the book to support your argument.
Essay Topic 3
The gathering of the vampires includes some who are ancient and some who are newly made. Pick three--of varying age and/or temperament--and analyze what strengths they bring to the situation at hand.
This section contains 974 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)