|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which of Lestat's songs does Baby Jenks like best?
2. Who summarizes the two previous books in the prologue?
3. What does Khayman decide after his encounter with Akasha?
4. What do Armand and Daniel do after becoming a couple?
5. What does Pandora do after leaving Azim?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why is Pandora so worried about Marius?
2. What is Jesse's first reaction when David Talbot asked her to investigate the veracity of Interview with the Vampire?
3. What does Jesse notice about Maharet and Mael that at first leads her to think of them as "different" and eventually to realize that they are vampires?
4. Who is Lestat and what was his role in the second book of the Chronicles of the Vampire?
5. What happens to Daniel after ten years, when Armand doesn't make him a vampire?
6. Is Killer a good teacher for a new vampire? Why or why not?
7. What happens in Lestat's music video, which Marius sees in a television store window?
8. What is one of the primary purposes of the Prologue of The Queen of the Damned? Why is that important?
9. What is Armand's dilemma in deciding whether to make Daniel a vampire?
10. Are there other factors besides love in the reunion of Daniel and Armand?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Several vampire characters have expressed the feeling that they lost something by becoming vampires. Several are reluctant to make other vampires, even when the individual begs. What human aspects do the vampire lose and why does it matter? Use examples from the book to support your argument.
Essay Topic 2
Lestat expresses a lifelong desire to be good, to do good, to be celebrated as a hero or a star. He wanted to become a priest, a famous entertainer and even a catalyst to show mortals the evil of vampires. What kept Lestat from realizing that overall ambition? Was it chance or something in his character? Use examples from the book.
Essay Topic 3
Both Pandora and Khayman are portrayed as longing to be human, and Khayman is described as almost unbearably lonely during the concert events. Analyze their characters, the relationship between the two (if any), and the reasons why the author put these two characters together.
This section contains 953 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)