|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the archeologist discover?
2. What kind of vehicle does Baby Jenks have?
3. Identify one of Armand's major fears.
4. What is the "dark gift"?
5. What happens to Daniel after he sips some of Armand's blood?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is Jesse's first reaction when David Talbot asked her to investigate the veracity of Interview with the Vampire?
2. Why is Baby Jenks feeling disturbed?
3. Why does Khayman hate Akasha?
4. What is Armand's dilemma in deciding whether to make Daniel a vampire?
5. What is one of the primary purposes of the Prologue of The Queen of the Damned? Why is that important?
6. What happens in Lestat's music video, which Marius sees in a television store window?
7. Is Killer a good teacher for a new vampire? Why or why not?
8. Does Pandora enjoy drinking the blood of Azim's followers?
9. What, if any, clues are there in Part 1, Chapter 1, The Legend of the Twins that links the Legend of the Twins to the world of the vampires?
10. Mael is at Lestat's concert. What is he doing there and who sent him? Who volunteers to be his ally?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
There are many allusions to Christian rituals, beliefs, and themes throughout The Queen of the Damned but they are particularly prominent in the chapter describing events at the concert. Why does the author use those images and references? Support your theory with examples. Did she use them effectively? Would the meaning of the book be markedly different without them?
Essay Topic 2
The gathering of the vampires includes some who are ancient and some who are newly made. Pick three--of varying age and/or temperament--and analyze what strengths they bring to the situation at hand.
Essay Topic 3
What is Lestat's relationship with Claudia? What is the significance of the doll that he gives her each year for her birthday and how does Claudia react to the gift? Why does Jesse have such a strong reaction to the doll she finds at Lestat's house?
This section contains 846 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)