|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who causes the coven house to explode when Khayman visits?
2. What is worrying Azim when Pandora arrives to question him about Marius?
3. Why are other vampires mad at Lestat?
4. Why does Baby Jenks think her mother was a fool?
5. What does Pandora remember most vividly about feeding on a human's blood?
Short Essay Questions
1. Does Pandora enjoy drinking the blood of Azim's followers?
2. Does the archeologist's daughter really understand what her father has spent his life studying?
3. What seems to be happening in the first cave paintings of the twins?
4. Why is Pandora so worried about Marius?
5. What is Armand's dilemma in deciding whether to make Daniel a vampire?
6. Why do some of the vampires view their telepathic gift--the ability to read the minds of mortals and other vampires--as something of a curse?
7. What is one of the primary purposes of the Prologue of The Queen of the Damned? Why is that important?
8. What has Marius done to entertain Akasha and Enkil over the centuries?
9. During the concert, Jesse throws herself against Lestat and wraps her arms around him. Why does she feel the need to touch him, and what does she learn from the experience?
10. Is there any reason or purpose to the fact that Khayman has regained consciousness at the same time as Akasha? What is it? Is there a literary term that could be applied to Khayman's questioning?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
When Marius learns that the dreams are the products of Mekare's thoughts and obsessions, he is stunned and considers the situation worse than he had imagined. Why? What does he surmise about Mekare's reawakening?
Essay Topic 2
As Maharet tells the saga of the twins to the assembled vampires, she recalls an argument between Mekare and the evil spirit Amel about the nature of flesh, spirit and soul. As a result, Amel lingers around the witches. Eventually, he does something catastrophic. Discuss the argument between Amel and Mekare. How does it explain Amel's subsequent action?
Essay Topic 3
Both Pandora and Khayman are portrayed as longing to be human, and Khayman is described as almost unbearably lonely during the concert events. Analyze their characters, the relationship between the two (if any), and the reasons why the author put these two characters together.
This section contains 942 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)