|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What happens to Daniel after he sips some of Armand's blood?
2. What is Armand's real motivation for making Daniel a vampire?
3. Who is the original vampire?
4. Does Khayman wish or ask to be made a blood drinker?
5. What seems to have happened to the twins, according to the cave paintings?
Short Essay Questions
1. What, if any, clues are there in Part 1, Chapter 1, The Legend of the Twins that links the Legend of the Twins to the world of the vampires?
2. In Chapter 4, The Story of Daniel, what point does the author make about how many vampires decide to take a particular action that doesn't seem to make sense?
3. Why is Baby Jenks feeling disturbed?
4. What was one of the most fascinating aspects of Maharet's house for Jesse?
5. How are Khayman and Akasha related in terms of age and power? What do these factors mean in terms of their modern-day relationship?
6. How does Akasha mock Marius when she awakens?
7. What has Marius done to entertain Akasha and Enkil over the centuries?
8. Does Pandora enjoy drinking the blood of Azim's followers?
9. What additional information is added by the discovery of the second set of cave paintings?
10. Why is Pandora so worried about Marius?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Both Pandora and Khayman are portrayed as longing to be human, and Khayman is described as almost unbearably lonely during the concert events. Analyze their characters, the relationship between the two (if any), and the reasons why the author put these two characters together.
Essay Topic 2
As Maharet tells the saga of the twins to the assembled vampires, she recalls an argument between Mekare and the evil spirit Amel about the nature of flesh, spirit and soul. As a result, Amel lingers around the witches. Eventually, he does something catastrophic. Discuss the argument between Amel and Mekare. How does it explain Amel's subsequent action?
Essay Topic 3
There are many allusions to Christian rituals, beliefs, and themes throughout The Queen of the Damned but they are particularly prominent in the chapter describing events at the concert. Why does the author use those images and references? Support your theory with examples. Did she use them effectively? Would the meaning of the book be markedly different without them?
This section contains 896 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)