Mid-Book Test - Hard
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the message Lestat telepathically passes to Jesse when he kisses her during the concert?
2. What is the clue that the archeologist scrawls on a piece of paper as he dies?
3. One of the cave paintings depicted the twins handing over a treasure. Where was this cave located?
4. What color is Jesse's hair?
5. Where is Pandora headed when the reader first sees her?
Short Essay Questions
1. When Khayman, before the concert, gets up to move closer to another vampire, the narrator says: "He would be near to one of these two...That's what he had wanted in Athens...To be near another like himself. To speak, to touch...something." What theme does this passage illustrate?
2. Once the twins are back in their cell, what does Amel tell them about himself?
3. Who was keeping Akasha still on the throne and what does she do to that person?
4. What is one of the primary purposes of the Prologue of <i>The Queen of the Damned</i>? Why is that important?
5. During the concert, Jesse throws herself against Lestat and wraps her arms around him. Why does she feel the need to touch him, and what does she learn from the experience?
6. What happens in Lestat's music video, which Marius sees in a television store window?
7. Why does Khayman hate Akasha?
8. What does Lestat ask David Talbot of the Telamasca and why is Talbot's answer so important?
9. Why is Akasha so intent on questioning the twins and, through them, the spirits? What does she hopes to gain?
10. Who is Lestat and what was his role in the second book of the <i>Chronicles of the Vampire</i>?
Essay Topic 1
From the start, various characters in The Queen of the Damned express the desire to be--or at least, to feel--human. Lestat, Armand and Pandora all have different strategies for recalling the sensations of being alive and human. What is it that the vampires miss about being human? What are the sensations they miss, how do they attempt to relive them, and are they successful in their efforts? Give examples and evidence from the text.
Essay Topic 2
At the conference between Akasha and the other vampires, she argues first with Marius and then with Mahareta. What is the thrust of Marius' argument and how does Akasha refute what he says? How does Mahareta frame her opposition to Akasha's plan? What are the most persuasive points that Marius and Mahareta make?
Essay Topic 3
Lestat expresses a lifelong desire to be good, to do good, to be celebrated as a hero or a star. He wanted to become a priest, a famous entertainer and even a catalyst to show mortals the evil of vampires. What kept Lestat from realizing that overall ambition? Was it chance or something in his character? Use examples from the book.
This section contains 971 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)