|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What happens to Daniel after he sips some of Armand's blood?
2. How does Khayman know about the red-haired twins?
3. What emotion does Lestat look forward to feeling during his concert?
4. What does Baby Jenks see, looking down as she dies?
5. What is the Fang Gang's planned destination, once Baby Jenks rejoins them in Dallas?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why do some of the vampires view their telepathic gift--the ability to read the minds of mortals and other vampires--as something of a curse?
2. Maharet has searched for her twin for 6,000 years. What clues or proof has she had over that time that Mekare is alive?
3. What does Lestat ask David Talbot of the Telamasca and why is Talbot's answer so important?
4. Is Killer a good teacher for a new vampire? Why or why not?
5. Why is Lestat writing yet another book, even though it is against the rules and Khayman advises against it?
6. Why is Akasha so intent on questioning the twins and, through them, the spirits? What does she hopes to gain?
7. What weapon with sentimental meaning does Akasha show Lestat in his father's castle?
8. Describe Lestat's feelings as he watches Akasha's plan unfolding.
9. What does Jesse notice about Maharet and Mael that at first leads her to think of them as "different" and eventually to realize that they are vampires?
10. What seems to be happening in the first cave paintings of the twins?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
What is Lestat's relationship with Claudia? What is the significance of the doll that he gives her each year for her birthday and how does Claudia react to the gift? Why does Jesse have such a strong reaction to the doll she finds at Lestat's house?
Essay Topic 2
There are several sexually charged and/or committed relationships between vampires in The Queen of the Damned. The sexual aspect or symbolism is particularly strong when a mortal is made into a vampire. What purpose do those scenes or images serve in developing the theme or themes of the book? Use examples to support your argument.
Essay Topic 3
There are many allusions to Christian rituals, beliefs, and themes throughout The Queen of the Damned but they are particularly prominent in the chapter describing events at the concert. Why does the author use those images and references? Support your theory with examples. Did she use them effectively? Would the meaning of the book be markedly different without them?
This section contains 1,934 words
(approx. 7 pages at 300 words per page)