|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What are the red-haired twins eating in Daniel's visionary dream about them?
2. One of the cave paintings depicted the twins handing over a treasure. Where was this cave located?
3. What does Talamasca ask Jesse to investigate?
4. As Jesse is dying, what vision does she see?
5. What is special or different about Claudia?
Short Essay Questions
1. Mael is at Lestat's concert. What is he doing there and who sent him? Who volunteers to be his ally?
2. How are Khayman and Akasha related in terms of age and power? What do these factors mean in terms of their modern-day relationship?
3. Does Pandora enjoy drinking the blood of Azim's followers?
4. How did Baby Jenks become a vampire?
5. What seems to be happening in the first cave paintings of the twins?
6. What happens in Lestat's music video, which Marius sees in a television store window?
7. Is there any reason or purpose to the fact that Khayman has regained consciousness at the same time as Akasha? What is it? Is there a literary term that could be applied to Khayman's questioning?
8. Does the archeologist's daughter really understand what her father has spent his life studying?
9. What does Jesse notice about Maharet and Mael that at first leads her to think of them as "different" and eventually to realize that they are vampires?
10. What is Armand's dilemma in deciding whether to make Daniel a vampire?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
From the start, various characters in The Queen of the Damned express the desire to be--or at least, to feel--human. Lestat, Armand and Pandora all have different strategies for recalling the sensations of being alive and human. What is it that the vampires miss about being human? What are the sensations they miss, how do they attempt to relive them, and are they successful in their efforts? Give examples and evidence from the text.
Essay Topic 2
Several vampire characters have expressed the feeling that they lost something by becoming vampires. Several are reluctant to make other vampires, even when the individual begs. What human aspects do the vampire lose and why does it matter? Use examples from the book to support your argument.
Essay Topic 3
The author uses Baby Jenks as a contradictory character, one who experiences death--both her own and that of others--several times in this short chapter. What are her experiences of death and how are they relevant to the on-going story of the vampires?
This section contains 938 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)