|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Akasha say to Marius just before she pushes him?
2. Does Jesse recognize right away that Maharet and Mael are vampires?
3. Does Khayman wish or ask to be made a blood drinker?
4. Lestat's concert took place in what city?
5. What is Lestat's reaction when he realizes something or someone is preventing him from the attacking crowd?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Lestat feel about the events that led to him becoming a vampire?
2. What does the first paragraph in Part 1, Chapter 3, The Goddess Pandora tell you about Pandora? Does it give you a feeling of Pandora's attitude as well as her appearance?
3. What is Armand's dilemma in deciding whether to make Daniel a vampire?
4. What was one of the most fascinating aspects of Maharet's house for Jesse?
5. When the twins fail to restore them, the King and Queen first vow to kill them but settle for plucking out Maharet's eyes and cutting out Mekare's tongue. What happens to the eyes and the tongue, and then what happens to the twins?
6. What seems to be happening in the first cave paintings of the twins?
7. Marius suggests that Akasha postpone her plans until she can see that humans are evolving toward peace on their own. What is Akasha's response?
8. Mael is at Lestat's concert. What is he doing there and who sent him? Who volunteers to be his ally?
9. Is there any reason or purpose to the fact that Khayman has regained consciousness at the same time as Akasha? What is it? Is there a literary term that could be applied to Khayman's questioning?
10. What is Jesse's first reaction when David Talbot asked her to investigate the veracity of <i>Interview with the Vampire</i>?
Essay Topic 1
There are several sexually charged and/or committed relationships between vampires in The Queen of the Damned. The sexual aspect or symbolism is particularly strong when a mortal is made into a vampire. What purpose do those scenes or images serve in developing the theme or themes of the book? Use examples to support your argument.
Essay Topic 2
The author describes Pandora and Azim as characters who are opposite in their adaption to the vampire existence. Pandora yearns for life as a human, tries not to use her powers, and restrains herself from feeding on blood. Azim is lusty and vigorous in his pursuit of blood and celebrates his life as a vampire. Are there any parallels in the ways that human individuals live? Should either Pandora or Azim change their ways?
Essay Topic 3
Several vampire characters have expressed the feeling that they lost something by becoming vampires. Several are reluctant to make other vampires, even when the individual begs. What human aspects do the vampire lose and why does it matter? Use examples from the book to support your argument.
This section contains 2,018 words
(approx. 7 pages at 300 words per page)