|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. How long have Akasha and Enkil been dormant?
2. What can always kill a vampire?
3. Why is it important that Akasha and Enkil not be destroyed?
4. What does Khayman do as he sees the Queen streak in from the forest, grab Lestat, and fly away with him in her arms?
5. What does the archeologist discover?
Short Essay Questions
1. Mael is at Lestat's concert. What is he doing there and who sent him? Who volunteers to be his ally?
2. What seems to be happening in the first cave paintings of the twins?
3. How does Khayman feel when he wakes up (besides hungry)? How does this feeling tie in with one of the themes of the book?
4. What, if any, clues are there in Part 1, Chapter 1, The Legend of the Twins that links the Legend of the Twins to the world of the vampires?
5. Why do some of the vampires view their telepathic gift--the ability to read the minds of mortals and other vampires--as something of a curse?
6. What happens to Daniel after ten years, when Armand doesn't make him a vampire?
7. What does Jesse notice about Maharet and Mael that at first leads her to think of them as "different" and eventually to realize that they are vampires?
8. How does Akasha mock Marius when she awakens?
9. What happens in Lestat's music video, which Marius sees in a television store window?
10. Does Pandora enjoy drinking the blood of Azim's followers?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
When Marius learns that the dreams are the products of Mekare's thoughts and obsessions, he is stunned and considers the situation worse than he had imagined. Why? What does he surmise about Mekare's reawakening?
Essay Topic 2
Both Pandora and Khayman are portrayed as longing to be human, and Khayman is described as almost unbearably lonely during the concert events. Analyze their characters, the relationship between the two (if any), and the reasons why the author put these two characters together.
Essay Topic 3
The gathering of the vampires includes some who are ancient and some who are newly made. Pick three--of varying age and/or temperament--and analyze what strengths they bring to the situation at hand.
This section contains 914 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)