|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Daniel leave Armand?
2. What is Armand's real motivation for making Daniel a vampire?
3. How does Pandora know that Marius is in danger?
4. What does Marius call Lestat?
5. What color is Jesse's hair?
Short Essay Questions
1. Is Killer a good teacher for a new vampire? Why or why not?
2. How did Baby Jenks become a vampire?
3. How does Akasha mock Marius when she awakens?
4. During the concert, Jesse throws herself against Lestat and wraps her arms around him. Why does she feel the need to touch him, and what does she learn from the experience?
5. Who is Lestat and what was his role in the second book of the Chronicles of the Vampire?
6. Why is Pandora so worried about Marius?
7. What happens to Daniel after ten years, when Armand doesn't make him a vampire?
8. What seems to be happening in the first cave paintings of the twins?
9. In Chapter 4, The Story of Daniel, what point does the author make about how many vampires decide to take a particular action that doesn't seem to make sense?
10. What happens in Lestat's music video, which Marius sees in a television store window?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Mahareta shows her fellow surviving vampires a family tree of the mortal descendants of her daughter Miriam. She says that protecting that family as it grew and spread gave her a reason for continuing. The other vampires are moved and acknowledge the importance of these mortals. What is it about the family that is important to the vampires? What are they willing to sacrifice in order to protect that family and other mortal families? How do the feelings expressed by the vampires fit into the themes of the book?
Essay Topic 2
As Maharet tells the saga of the twins to the assembled vampires, she recalls an argument between Mekare and the evil spirit Amel about the nature of flesh, spirit and soul. As a result, Amel lingers around the witches. Eventually, he does something catastrophic. Discuss the argument between Amel and Mekare. How does it explain Amel's subsequent action?
Essay Topic 3
From the start, various characters in The Queen of the Damned express the desire to be--or at least, to feel--human. Lestat, Armand and Pandora all have different strategies for recalling the sensations of being alive and human. What is it that the vampires miss about being human? What are the sensations they miss, how do they attempt to relive them, and are they successful in their efforts? Give examples and evidence from the text.
This section contains 931 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)