|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What seems to have happened to the twins, according to the cave paintings?
2. What does Lestat hope will happen at the concert?
3. Does Khayman wish or ask to be made a blood drinker?
4. What kind of publication or broadcast is used to summarize information from the first two books for the reader?
5. What happens to Daniel after he sips some of Armand's blood?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why is Pandora so worried about Marius?
2. What does Jesse notice about Maharet and Mael that at first leads her to think of them as "different" and eventually to realize that they are vampires?
3. Are there other factors besides love in the reunion of Daniel and Armand?
4. When Khayman, before the concert, gets up to move closer to another vampire, the narrator says: "He would be near to one of these two...That's what he had wanted in Athens...To be near another like himself. To speak, to touch...something." What theme does this passage illustrate?
5. What is the point of view of the prologue. Does the reader know if this will continue throughout the book?
6. The prologue gives Lestat the opportunity to talk about himself and therefore to establish his character. What does the reader learn about Lestat?
7. What has Marius done to entertain Akasha and Enkil over the centuries?
8. What happens in Lestat's music video, which Marius sees in a television store window?
9. Does the archeologist's daughter really understand what her father has spent his life studying?
10. How does Khayman feel when he wakes up (besides hungry)? How does this feeling tie in with one of the themes of the book?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
There are many allusions to Christian rituals, beliefs, and themes throughout The Queen of the Damned but they are particularly prominent in the chapter describing events at the concert. Why does the author use those images and references? Support your theory with examples. Did she use them effectively? Would the meaning of the book be markedly different without them?
Essay Topic 2
Would you, if given the choice, choose immortality over being human? If so, why? If not, why not?
Essay Topic 3
Throughout The Queen of the Damned, vampires and some mortals struggle with the concepts of right and wrong, mortality and immortality, spirit and flesh, belief and non-belief. In your opinion, what is the outcome? Use examples to illustrate your thesis.
This section contains 943 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)