|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What are The Vampire Chronicles?
2. Which of Lestat's songs does Baby Jenks like best?
3. How does Lestat pass for human?
4. Who summarizes the two previous books in the prologue?
5. How does Khayman know about the red-haired twins?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why is Pandora so worried about Marius?
2. During the concert, Jesse throws herself against Lestat and wraps her arms around him. Why does she feel the need to touch him, and what does she learn from the experience?
3. What is Armand's dilemma in deciding whether to make Daniel a vampire?
4. What was one of the most fascinating aspects of Maharet's house for Jesse?
5. How did Baby Jenks become a vampire?
6. Does the archeologist's daughter really understand what her father has spent his life studying?
7. When Khayman, before the concert, gets up to move closer to another vampire, the narrator says: "He would be near to one of these two...That's what he had wanted in Athens...To be near another like himself. To speak, to touch...something." What theme does this passage illustrate?
8. Is there any reason or purpose to the fact that Khayman has regained consciousness at the same time as Akasha? What is it? Is there a literary term that could be applied to Khayman's questioning?
9. Are there other factors besides love in the reunion of Daniel and Armand?
10. How does Akasha mock Marius when she awakens?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Both Pandora and Khayman are portrayed as longing to be human, and Khayman is described as almost unbearably lonely during the concert events. Analyze their characters, the relationship between the two (if any), and the reasons why the author put these two characters together.
Essay Topic 2
There are several sexually charged and/or committed relationships between vampires in The Queen of the Damned. The sexual aspect or symbolism is particularly strong when a mortal is made into a vampire. What purpose do those scenes or images serve in developing the theme or themes of the book? Use examples to support your argument.
Essay Topic 3
The gathering of the vampires includes some who are ancient and some who are newly made. Pick three--of varying age and/or temperament--and analyze what strengths they bring to the situation at hand.
This section contains 877 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)