Mid-Book Test - Hard
|Name: _____________________________||Period: ___________________________|
This quiz consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the message Lestat telepathically passes to Jesse when he kisses her during the concert?
2. What is the clue that the archeologist scrawls on a piece of paper as he dies?
3. One of the cave paintings depicted the twins handing over a treasure. Where was this cave located?
4. What color is Jesse's hair?
5. Where is Pandora headed when the reader first sees her?
Short Essay Questions
1. When Khayman, before the concert, gets up to move closer to another vampire, the narrator says: "He would be near to one of these two...That's what he had wanted in Athens...To be near another like himself. To speak, to touch...something." What theme does this passage illustrate?
2. Once the twins are back in their cell, what does Amel tell them about himself?
3. Who was keeping Akasha still on the throne and what does she do to that person?
4. What is one of the primary purposes of the Prologue of <i>The Queen of the Damned</i>? Why is that important?
5. During the concert, Jesse throws herself against Lestat and wraps her arms around him. Why does she feel the need to touch him, and what does she learn from the experience?
6. What happens in Lestat's music video, which Marius sees in a television store window?
7. Why does Khayman hate Akasha?
8. What does Lestat ask David Talbot of the Telamasca and why is Talbot's answer so important?
9. Why is Akasha so intent on questioning the twins and, through them, the spirits? What does she hopes to gain?
10. Who is Lestat and what was his role in the second book of the <i>Chronicles of the Vampire</i>?
Lestat is introspective in Greece. He realizes Akasha has granted all his wishes and especially his wish to be a symbol of an evil that shouldn't exist. What precipitates his insight? How does the realization make him feel. Why?
Would you, if given the choice, choose immortality over being human? If so, why? If not, why not?
What is Lestat's relationship with Claudia? What is the significance of the doll that he gives her each year for her birthday and how does Claudia react to the gift? Why does Jesse have such a strong reaction to the doll she finds at Lestat's house?
This section contains 878 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)