|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. How do Armand and Daniel meet?
2. Why are other vampires mad at Lestat?
3. What revelation does the archeologist have on his deathbed?
4. What color is Jesse's hair?
5. What seems to have happened to the twins, according to the cave paintings?
Short Essay Questions
1. What happens to Daniel after ten years, when Armand doesn't make him a vampire?
2. What is one of the primary purposes of the Prologue of The Queen of the Damned? Why is that important?
3. How did Baby Jenks become a vampire?
4. How does Khayman feel when he wakes up (besides hungry)? How does this feeling tie in with one of the themes of the book?
5. Is there any reason or purpose to the fact that Khayman has regained consciousness at the same time as Akasha? What is it? Is there a literary term that could be applied to Khayman's questioning?
6. Why do some of the vampires view their telepathic gift--the ability to read the minds of mortals and other vampires--as something of a curse?
7. What does Jesse notice about Maharet and Mael that at first leads her to think of them as "different" and eventually to realize that they are vampires?
8. What was one of the most fascinating aspects of Maharet's house for Jesse?
9. Why does Khayman hate Akasha?
10. How does Akasha mock Marius when she awakens?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Several vampire characters have expressed the feeling that they lost something by becoming vampires. Several are reluctant to make other vampires, even when the individual begs. What human aspects do the vampire lose and why does it matter? Use examples from the book to support your argument.
Essay Topic 2
The author uses Baby Jenks as a contradictory character, one who experiences death--both her own and that of others--several times in this short chapter. What are her experiences of death and how are they relevant to the on-going story of the vampires?
Essay Topic 3
At the conference between Akasha and the other vampires, she argues first with Marius and then with Mahareta. What is the thrust of Marius' argument and how does Akasha refute what he says? How does Mahareta frame her opposition to Akasha's plan? What are the most persuasive points that Marius and Mahareta make?
This section contains 922 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)