|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What causes Akasha to wake up?
2. When do other vampires plan to kill Lestat?
3. How do Armand and Daniel meet?
4. What does Talamasca ask Jesse to investigate?
5. Who causes the coven house to explode when Khayman visits?
Short Essay Questions
1. Is Killer a good teacher for a new vampire? Why or why not?
2. What additional information is added by the discovery of the second set of cave paintings?
3. What, if any, clues are there in Part 1, Chapter 1, The Legend of the Twins that links the Legend of the Twins to the world of the vampires?
4. How does Khayman feel when he wakes up (besides hungry)? How does this feeling tie in with one of the themes of the book?
5. Why is Baby Jenks feeling disturbed?
6. How did Baby Jenks become a vampire?
7. Why is Pandora so worried about Marius?
8. How does Akasha mock Marius when she awakens?
9. The prologue gives Lestat the opportunity to talk about himself and therefore to establish his character. What does the reader learn about Lestat?
10. What happens in Lestat's music video, which Marius sees in a television store window?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Both Pandora and Khayman are portrayed as longing to be human, and Khayman is described as almost unbearably lonely during the concert events. Analyze their characters, the relationship between the two (if any), and the reasons why the author put these two characters together.
Essay Topic 2
Lestat is introspective in Greece. He realizes Akasha has granted all his wishes and especially his wish to be a symbol of an evil that shouldn't exist. What precipitates his insight? How does the realization make him feel. Why?
Essay Topic 3
Would you, if given the choice, choose immortality over being human? If so, why? If not, why not?
This section contains 774 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)