|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the clue that the archeologist scrawls on a piece of paper as he dies?
2. One of the cave paintings depicted the twins handing over a treasure. Where was this cave located?
3. What is Armand's real motivation for making Daniel a vampire?
4. What is Jesse's odd trait while growing up?
5. In the beginning of Part 1, Chapter 5, what does Khayman know about his past?
Short Essay Questions
1. Did Jesse feel more loyalty to the Great Family or to Talamasca?
2. Why do some of the vampires view their telepathic gift--the ability to read the minds of mortals and other vampires--as something of a curse?
3. How did Baby Jenks become a vampire?
4. Why is Pandora so worried about Marius?
5. Is there any reason or purpose to the fact that Khayman has regained consciousness at the same time as Akasha? What is it? Is there a literary term that could be applied to Khayman's questioning?
6. How does Akasha mock Marius when she awakens?
7. Mael is at Lestat's concert. What is he doing there and who sent him? Who volunteers to be his ally?
8. During the concert, Jesse throws herself against Lestat and wraps her arms around him. Why does she feel the need to touch him, and what does she learn from the experience?
9. What happens to Daniel after ten years, when Armand doesn't make him a vampire?
10. What is Armand's dilemma in deciding whether to make Daniel a vampire?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
From the start, various characters in The Queen of the Damned express the desire to be--or at least, to feel--human. Lestat, Armand and Pandora all have different strategies for recalling the sensations of being alive and human. What is it that the vampires miss about being human? What are the sensations they miss, how do they attempt to relive them, and are they successful in their efforts? Give examples and evidence from the text.
Essay Topic 2
Would you, if given the choice, choose immortality over being human? If so, why? If not, why not?
Essay Topic 3
When Marius learns that the dreams are the products of Mekare's thoughts and obsessions, he is stunned and considers the situation worse than he had imagined. Why? What does he surmise about Mekare's reawakening?
This section contains 924 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)