|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who summarizes the two previous books in the prologue?
2. What is Maharet's family role?
3. What kind of publication or broadcast is used to summarize information from the first two books for the reader?
4. How does Khayman know about the red-haired twins?
5. What causes Akasha to wake up?
Short Essay Questions
1. Who is Lestat and what was his role in the second book of the Chronicles of the Vampire?
2. What does the first paragraph in Part 1, Chapter 3, The Goddess Pandora tell you about Pandora? Does it give you a feeling of Pandora's attitude as well as her appearance?
3. How does Marius feel about Akasha and Enkil?
4. Why is Pandora so worried about Marius?
5. Why do some of the vampires view their telepathic gift--the ability to read the minds of mortals and other vampires--as something of a curse?
6. Why does Baby Jenks dislike her mother?
7. What is one of the primary purposes of the Prologue of The Queen of the Damned? Why is that important?
8. What, if any, clues are there in Part 1, Chapter 1, The Legend of the Twins that links the Legend of the Twins to the world of the vampires?
9. How are Khayman and Akasha related in terms of age and power? What do these factors mean in terms of their modern-day relationship?
10. Are there other factors besides love in the reunion of Daniel and Armand?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
When Marius learns that the dreams are the products of Mekare's thoughts and obsessions, he is stunned and considers the situation worse than he had imagined. Why? What does he surmise about Mekare's reawakening?
Essay Topic 2
Lestat expresses a lifelong desire to be good, to do good, to be celebrated as a hero or a star. He wanted to become a priest, a famous entertainer and even a catalyst to show mortals the evil of vampires. What kept Lestat from realizing that overall ambition? Was it chance or something in his character? Use examples from the book.
Essay Topic 3
The gathering of the vampires includes some who are ancient and some who are newly made. Pick three--of varying age and/or temperament--and analyze what strengths they bring to the situation at hand.
This section contains 878 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)