|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Pandora do after leaving Azim?
2. When do other vampires plan to kill Lestat?
3. Faced with the idea that he might be hunted down and killed, how or what does Lestat feel?
4. How do Khayman, Akasha, Mael, and Armand track one another?
5. What color is Jesse's hair?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why do some of the vampires view their telepathic gift--the ability to read the minds of mortals and other vampires--as something of a curse?
2. What happens in Lestat's music video, which Marius sees in a television store window?
3. What does the first paragraph in Part 1, Chapter 3, The Goddess Pandora tell you about Pandora? Does it give you a feeling of Pandora's attitude as well as her appearance?
4. What additional information is added by the discovery of the second set of cave paintings?
5. What seems to be happening in the first cave paintings of the twins?
6. What is Jesse's first reaction when David Talbot asked her to investigate the veracity of Interview with the Vampire?
7. What, if any, clues are there in Part 1, Chapter 1, The Legend of the Twins that links the Legend of the Twins to the world of the vampires?
8. How does Marius feel about Akasha and Enkil?
9. What has Marius done to entertain Akasha and Enkil over the centuries?
10. How does Akasha mock Marius when she awakens?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
When Marius learns that the dreams are the products of Mekare's thoughts and obsessions, he is stunned and considers the situation worse than he had imagined. Why? What does he surmise about Mekare's reawakening?
Essay Topic 2
There are many allusions to Christian rituals, beliefs, and themes throughout The Queen of the Damned but they are particularly prominent in the chapter describing events at the concert. Why does the author use those images and references? Support your theory with examples. Did she use them effectively? Would the meaning of the book be markedly different without them?
Essay Topic 3
Would you, if given the choice, choose immortality over being human? If so, why? If not, why not?
This section contains 813 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)