|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is special or different about Claudia?
2. What is the message Lestat telepathically passes to Jesse when he kisses her during the concert?
3. How old is Jesse when she visits Maharet?
4. Why are other vampires mad at Lestat?
5. What has Baby Jenks seen while searching for the Fang Gang?
Short Essay Questions
1. How are Khayman and Akasha related in terms of age and power? What do these factors mean in terms of their modern-day relationship?
2. What is Jesse's first reaction when David Talbot asked her to investigate the veracity of Interview with the Vampire?
3. During the concert, Jesse throws herself against Lestat and wraps her arms around him. Why does she feel the need to touch him, and what does she learn from the experience?
4. How does Khayman feel when he wakes up (besides hungry)? How does this feeling tie in with one of the themes of the book?
5. Are there other factors besides love in the reunion of Daniel and Armand?
6. What was one of the most fascinating aspects of Maharet's house for Jesse?
7. What does the first paragraph in Part 1, Chapter 3, The Goddess Pandora tell you about Pandora? Does it give you a feeling of Pandora's attitude as well as her appearance?
8. What seems to be happening in the first cave paintings of the twins?
9. Who is Lestat and what was his role in the second book of the Chronicles of the Vampire?
10. What happens to Daniel after ten years, when Armand doesn't make him a vampire?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Would you, if given the choice, choose immortality over being human? If so, why? If not, why not?
Essay Topic 2
Lestat is introspective in Greece. He realizes Akasha has granted all his wishes and especially his wish to be a symbol of an evil that shouldn't exist. What precipitates his insight? How does the realization make him feel. Why?
Essay Topic 3
Several female characters have been described. Pandora is aloof and longs to be human. Akasha is a vampire with a religious fervor to save the world. Maharet seems to have some wisdom that has kept her awake for centuries. What sense does a reader get about the female vampire's place in their world? Is it positive or negative? Support your argument with examples from the book.
This section contains 907 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)