|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which of the twins usually did the talking in the early days?
(a) Both; they say everything in unison.
(d) Both are mute.
2. What is the reaction of the other vampires as Akasha is destroyed?
(a) They ask for a bite of her brain and her heart.
(b) They race from the room.
(c) They, too, begin to die.
(d) They realize they will miss her, and begin to weep.
3. What finally breaks Khayman's spirit?
(a) A severed horse head under his sheets.
(b) A big dead fish, wrapped in newspapers.
(c) The rotting corpse of his father, dancing at the front door.
(d) A brown bag on his doorstep, filled with excrement.
4. How does Enkil come to rule his kingdom?
(a) He is chosen by lottery, as is the custom of his people.
(b) Like Oedipus, he slays his father and marries his mother.
(c) The people of the Nile Valley anoint him king while he is still a child.
(d) His mother dies and there are no female realtives to ascend to the throne.
5. What has Maharet been doing during the vampire catastrophes?
(a) She has been preparing the compound for guests, knowing they would arrive soon.
(b) She has been consumed with protecting Jesse.
(c) She has been searching for her sister, Mekare.
(d) She has been hiding in her tomb to escape destruction.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Lestat's reaction to the vision of Baby Jenks dying?
2. Akasha knows something about Lestat's nature. What is it?
3. What is the reaction of Akasha and Enkil to their transformation?
4. What is the only solution the twins can offer Akasha and Enkil to end their torment?
5. What does Lestat do at Akasha's command and under the influence of her blood?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe Lestat's feelings as he watches Akasha's plan unfolding.
2. Akasha commands Lestat to kill in her name, starting with male acolytes at Azim's temple. What is his reaction to the order?
3. Lestat is very reluctant to cooperate with Akasha's plan and tries to talk her out of it. What is it about him that attracts her, even though she can't control him?
4. Who was keeping Akasha still on the throne and what does she do to that person?
5. Once the twins are back in their cell, what does Amel tell them about himself?
6. What has Jesse seen that adds to the vampires' belief Mekare is sending the dreams?
7. Why is Akasha so intent on questioning the twins and, through them, the spirits? What does she hopes to gain?
8. Enkil and Akasha are frightened and ashamed of what they have become, even though they have no name for it. What has come over them and how do they act?
9. Akasha tells Lestat why she loves him. What does she say?
10. Akasha wants 99 percent of male humans killed, reasoning that a world ruled by women will be more peaceful than the world under the rule of men. What is the irony of that plan?
This section contains 1,033 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)