|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Lestat do inadvertently to his watch and purposefully to a mirror?
(a) Makes them burst into flames with the power of his mind.
(b) Smashes them with his boot.
(c) Gives them to a beggar below the balcony of his room.
(d) Breaks them with the power of his mind.
2. What does Akasha say about her temperament?
(a) She has always been a ruler and doesn't intend to give it up now.
(b) She knows she is strong, powerful and bold.
(c) She might have a temper but, deep down, her heart is soft.
(d) She has matured and calmed down during the years of dormancy.
3. Who or what mortally wounded Akasha and Enkil when they were humans?
(a) A falling marble pillar, rocked from its foundation in an earthquake.
(b) Noblemen, who wanted to be rid of the king and queen so they could return to their old traditions.
(c) Khayman, out of guilt for what they made him do to the twins.
(d) An evil spirit, acting on behest of the red-haired twins.
4. What is the reaction of the other vampires as Akasha is destroyed?
(a) They race from the room.
(b) They ask for a bite of her brain and her heart.
(c) They realize they will miss her, and begin to weep.
(d) They, too, begin to die.
5. What does the spirit Amel give to Akasha?
(a) A blouse woven from the fine hair of infants.
(b) A necklace she has lost as a child.
(c) A cape which would make her invisible.
(d) A gold bracelet that belonged to her mother.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Marius wish he had done when he had the chance?
2. Lestat describes being "blanketed in succulent human flesh." How does he respond?
3. Gabrielle wants to destroy Akasha for taking her son, Lestat. What does she ask Maharet about that plan?
4. What has Lestat become, as he and Akasha leave Greece?
5. What does Maharet reveal to the gathering?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is Marius' reaction to the gathering of vampires which he has joined?
2. Enkil and Akasha are frightened and ashamed of what they have become, even though they have no name for it. What has come over them and how do they act?
3. What does Maharet say about Akasha's dream?
4. Does Lestat believe in Akasha's quest? Why or why not?
5. Why is Akasha so intent on questioning the twins and, through them, the spirits? What does she hopes to gain?
6. Was Akasha unconscious and unaware during her years of dormancy?
7. What has Jesse seen that adds to the vampires' belief Mekare is sending the dreams?
8. What weapon with sentimental meaning does Akasha show Lestat in his father's castle?
9. What, to Maharet, is more important than her life, even more important than finding her twin?
10. When the twins fail to restore them, the King and Queen first vow to kill them but settle for plucking out Maharet's eyes and cutting out Mekare's tongue. What happens to the eyes and the tongue, and then what happens to the twins?
This section contains 1,140 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)