|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who or what mortally wounded Akasha and Enkil when they were humans?
(a) Khayman, out of guilt for what they made him do to the twins.
(b) Noblemen, who wanted to be rid of the king and queen so they could return to their old traditions.
(c) An evil spirit, acting on behest of the red-haired twins.
(d) A falling marble pillar, rocked from its foundation in an earthquake.
2. What does Marahet say about Akasha?
(a) "We are damned if we do kill her and damned if we don't."
(b) "She is the Queen of the Damned and the Damned can't live without her."
(c) "My loyalty is to the Queen and the rest of you are damned."
(d) "She has a vicious temper, but she loves us all as her children."
3. Where does Akasha take Lestat after she kidnaps him from the concert.?
(a) The pyramids in Egypt.
(b) The Sonoma compound.
(c) His father's ruined castle.
(d) The old theater district in Paris.
4. Where had Lestat been happiest?
(a) As a rock star in San Francisco.
(b) As a child, in the monastery.
(c) As a vampire drinking his mother's blood.
(d) As a singer in Paris.
5. Why do the people of Mount Carmel eat their dead?
(a) There is a famine in the countryside and people are starving.
(b) So the flesh of the dead would not rot and their souls could flourish.
(c) A neighboring tribe forces them to become cannibals.
(d) They have a taste for the tender flesh of relatives.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Maharet reveal to the gathering?
2. Which god does Akasha represent to her subjects?
3. What are Lestat's thoughts as he falls deeper and deeper into Akasha's spell?
4. What does Marius notices that every surviving vampire has in common?
5. What insight does Akasha have at the conference that both shocks and saddens her?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why is Akasha so intent on questioning the twins and, through them, the spirits? What does she hopes to gain?
2. Akasha commands Lestat to kill in her name, starting with male acolytes at Azim's temple. What is his reaction to the order?
3. Was Akasha unconscious and unaware during her years of dormancy?
4. Who was keeping Akasha still on the throne and what does she do to that person?
5. Maharet has searched for her twin for 6,000 years. What clues or proof has she had over that time that Mekare is alive?
6. Once the twins are back in their cell, what does Amel tell them about himself?
7. Lestat is very reluctant to cooperate with Akasha's plan and tries to talk her out of it. What is it about him that attracts her, even though she can't control him?
8. Describe Lestat's feelings as he watches Akasha's plan unfolding.
9. Does Lestat believe in Akasha's quest? Why or why not?
10. Why does Marius feel so strongly about seeing Armand--whom he calls Amadeo--again?
This section contains 1,072 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)