|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Akasha shout as her first victim burns?
(a) "You fool! I was born before you and I'll live long after you've perished."
(b) "Die, damnable one! Go into the pit of perdition!"
(c) "You'll never savor the warm taste of blood again, you monster!"
(d) "I warned you I would return with a vengence!"
2. What does Lestat do at Akasha's command and under the influence of her blood?
(a) He bars the front gates and traps the women, so they could be killed.
(b) He slaughters dozens of men mindlessly, taking pleasure in their deathsl
(c) He dismembers the blood king and eats his heart and brain.
(d) He causes the mountain to erupt as a volcano, killing all inhabitants.
3. What effect does Maharet's red hair have on Marius' mood?
(a) He has the urge to wrap it around him like a cloak.
(b) He is entranced by it momentarily and feels joyful again.
(c) It makes him think of his mother.
(d) He is disgusted and thinks she should update the style.
4. What does Akasha say about her temperament?
(a) She knows she is strong, powerful and bold.
(b) She has matured and calmed down during the years of dormancy.
(c) She might have a temper but, deep down, her heart is soft.
(d) She has always been a ruler and doesn't intend to give it up now.
5. Gabrielle wants to destroy Akasha for taking her son, Lestat. What does she ask Maharet about that plan?
(a) "If I destroy this monster who's taken my son, do we all die?"
(b) "Will the rest of us lose our powers if Akasha dies?"
(c) "If I drive a stake through her heart, will Lestat survive?"
(d) "What is the most efficient way to waste her, if I get the chance?"
Short Answer Questions
1. Why is Marius so anxious to see Armando?
2. What insight does Akasha have at the conference that both shocks and saddens her?
3. What is Armand dreaming when Akasha lets Lestat see him?
4. Why do the people of Mount Carmel eat their dead?
5. What is the only solution the twins can offer Akasha and Enkil to end their torment?
Short Essay Questions
1. Who was keeping Akasha still on the throne and what does she do to that person?
2. Maharet has searched for her twin for 6,000 years. What clues or proof has she had over that time that Mekare is alive?
3. What has Jesse seen that adds to the vampires' belief Mekare is sending the dreams?
4. Describe Lestat's feelings as he watches Akasha's plan unfolding.
5. Was Akasha unconscious and unaware during her years of dormancy?
6. Enkil and Akasha are frightened and ashamed of what they have become, even though they have no name for it. What has come over them and how do they act?
7. When the twins fail to restore them, the King and Queen first vow to kill them but settle for plucking out Maharet's eyes and cutting out Mekare's tongue. What happens to the eyes and the tongue, and then what happens to the twins?
8. Once the twins are back in their cell, what does Amel tell them about himself?
9. What does Maharet say about Akasha's dream?
10. How does Lestat feel about the events that led to him becoming a vampire?
This section contains 1,160 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)