|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What effect does Maharet's red hair have on Marius' mood?
(a) It makes him think of his mother.
(b) He has the urge to wrap it around him like a cloak.
(c) He is disgusted and thinks she should update the style.
(d) He is entranced by it momentarily and feels joyful again.
2. What image blinks through Lestat's mind when he looks at Jesse?
(a) Black crows plucking out the eyes of a witch.
(b) Two red-haired women with the body of their mother.
(c) A witch melting, melting...into a puddle of water.
(d) A mud-covered woman striding through the forest.
3. What does Akasha believe will be the result of her reign?
(a) Peace on Earth.
(b) Purging fires destroy all the world's evil.
(c) She marries Lestat in a grand ceremony.
(d) Women rule all the world's countries,
4. What finally breaks Khayman's spirit?
(a) A brown bag on his doorstep, filled with excrement.
(b) A severed horse head under his sheets.
(c) The rotting corpse of his father, dancing at the front door.
(d) A big dead fish, wrapped in newspapers.
5. Where had Lestat been happiest?
(a) As a rock star in San Francisco.
(b) As a singer in Paris.
(c) As a child, in the monastery.
(d) As a vampire drinking his mother's blood.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Marius suggest the vampires do when they learn of the massacres committed by Akasha and Lestat?
2. What is Lestat's reaction to the vision of Baby Jenks dying?
3. What enemy did Lestat slay when he was mortal?
4. What does Lestat do at Akasha's command and under the influence of her blood?
5. What is the reaction of Akasha and Enkil to their transformation?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why is Akasha so intent on questioning the twins and, through them, the spirits? What does she hopes to gain?
2. Marius suggests that Akasha postpone her plans until she can see that humans are evolving toward peace on their own. What is Akasha's response?
3. When the twins fail to restore them, the King and Queen first vow to kill them but settle for plucking out Maharet's eyes and cutting out Mekare's tongue. What happens to the eyes and the tongue, and then what happens to the twins?
4. Akasha commands Lestat to kill in her name, starting with male acolytes at Azim's temple. What is his reaction to the order?
5. Was Akasha unconscious and unaware during her years of dormancy?
6. What weapon with sentimental meaning does Akasha show Lestat in his father's castle?
7. Once the twins are back in their cell, what does Amel tell them about himself?
8. Akasha tells Lestat why she loves him. What does she say?
9. Khayman is the longtime servant of the King and Queen. He also has a soft spot for the twins. To whom is he the most loyal during the early period of the vampires?
10. Who was keeping Akasha still on the throne and what does she do to that person?
This section contains 978 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)