|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does the group of Greek women treat Lestat when he awakens?
(a) They treat him like trash, berating him for the death of their brothers.
(b) They treat him like a rock star, clamoring for his autograph and attention.
(c) They act as though he hired them for entertainment.
(d) They treat him like a god, bathing, anointing, and dressing him.
2. What is Armand dreaming when Akasha lets Lestat see him?
(a) A lioness stalking wild deer along the Amazon.
(b) A red-haired woman walking in the jungle.
(c) A falcon hunting on the plains.
(d) A polar bear tracking salmon.
3. Where do the remaining vampires gather?
(a) In the conference room of the Stanford University Library.
(b) At the San Francisco Hyatt Regency.
(c) At the Sonoma compound, in a redwood forest.
(d) At the icy hideaway where Akasha and Enkil were kept.
4. What finally breaks Khayman's spirit?
(a) The rotting corpse of his father, dancing at the front door.
(b) A brown bag on his doorstep, filled with excrement.
(c) A big dead fish, wrapped in newspapers.
(d) A severed horse head under his sheets.
5. Why doesn't Akasha accept Lestat's suggestion that she just dazzle men into obedience rather than kill them?
(a) She doesn't want Lestat to think she gives any weight to his opinions.
(b) She won't be able to control women, if the men are still around.
(c) She is writing a feminist manifesto; the death of men is essential to the plot.
(d) She doesn't believe the men would ever obey her; they would die first.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where do Akasha and Lestat go first so she could begin her killing spree?
2. Who is the first vampire at the meeting to raise objections to Akasha's plan?
3. What has Lestat become, as he and Akasha leave Greece?
4. Who controlls the spirits?
5. What was Lestat's childhood ambition?
Short Essay Questions
1. Was Akasha unconscious and unaware during her years of dormancy?
2. Once the twins are back in their cell, what does Amel tell them about himself?
3. Khayman is the longtime servant of the King and Queen. He also has a soft spot for the twins. To whom is he the most loyal during the early period of the vampires?
4. Why does Marius feel so strongly about seeing Armand--whom he calls Amadeo--again?
5. How does Lestat feel about the events that led to him becoming a vampire?
6. What, to Maharet, is more important than her life, even more important than finding her twin?
7. What does Maharet say about Akasha's dream?
8. Does Lestat believe in Akasha's quest? Why or why not?
9. Why is Akasha so intent on questioning the twins and, through them, the spirits? What does she hopes to gain?
10. Describe Lestat's feelings as he watches Akasha's plan unfolding.
This section contains 1,001 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)