|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Akasha knows something about Lestat's nature. What is it?
(a) He is a compulsive overeater.
(b) He cannot obey anyone for very long.
(c) He is argumentative.
(d) He has attention deficit disorder.
2. What does Marius suggest the vampires do when they learn of the massacres committed by Akasha and Lestat?
(a) Hide from Akasha.
(b) Join in Akasha's plan.
(c) Call 911.
(d) Kill Akasha.
3. At the meeting of Akasha and the others, where does Lestat sit?
(a) At Akasha's right hand.
(b) To the left of Maharat.
(c) In Armand's lap.
(d) At Akasha's feet.
4. What is the disagreement between Lestat and Akasha?
(a) Akasha wants to make all women into vampires; Lestat prefers that men only be made.
(b) Lestat is against killing the men; Akasha insists it will eventually bring world peace.
(c) Lestat is all for killing as many men as possible; Akasha protests that only a few should be killed.
(d) Lestat wants Chinese for dinner; Akasha insists on Greek.
5. Why does Khayman want the twins to become vampires?
(a) One is a lonely number, three is a party.
(b) He, too, is an evil spirit and wants to debauch others.
(c) Misery loves company.
(d) He needs help fighting Akasha and Enkil.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which part of their mother's body does Mekare and Mahareta believe is most significant?
2. What does Akasha want Lestat to do for her?
3. What does Akasha say about her temperament?
4. Where does Akasha take Lestat after she kidnaps him from the concert.?
5. What image blinks through Lestat's mind when he looks at Jesse?
Short Essay Questions
1. Was Akasha unconscious and unaware during her years of dormancy?
2. Does Lestat believe in Akasha's quest? Why or why not?
3. What does Maharet say about Akasha's dream?
4. Lestat is very reluctant to cooperate with Akasha's plan and tries to talk her out of it. What is it about him that attracts her, even though she can't control him?
5. What has Jesse seen that adds to the vampires' belief Mekare is sending the dreams?
6. What weapon with sentimental meaning does Akasha show Lestat in his father's castle?
7. Akasha tells Lestat why she loves him. What does she say?
8. Akasha wants 99 percent of male humans killed, reasoning that a world ruled by women will be more peaceful than the world under the rule of men. What is the irony of that plan?
9. Akasha commands Lestat to kill in her name, starting with male acolytes at Azim's temple. What is his reaction to the order?
10. Khayman is the longtime servant of the King and Queen. He also has a soft spot for the twins. To whom is he the most loyal during the early period of the vampires?
This section contains 991 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)