|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Lestat imbibing when he is with Akasha that gives him power and pleasure?
(a) Armand's tears.
(b) Baby Jenks' dreams.
(c) Akasha's blood.
(d) Stolen morphine.
2. What is the reaction of the other vampires as Akasha is destroyed?
(a) They race from the room.
(b) They, too, begin to die.
(c) They ask for a bite of her brain and her heart.
(d) They realize they will miss her, and begin to weep.
3. What secret does Khayman keep from the King and Queen after the twins return home?
(a) He knew the location of a tomb holding vast golden treasures.
(b) That Mahareta had born his child.
(c) The evil spirit Amel was tormenting him, disrupting his home and stealing things.
(d) That a band of spirits would help him flee Egypt.
4. What does Marius suggest the vampires do when they learn of the massacres committed by Akasha and Lestat?
(a) Kill Akasha.
(b) Hide from Akasha.
(c) Call 911.
(d) Join in Akasha's plan.
5. The idea that Mekare is alive and sending the dreams causes what emotions among the older vampires?
(a) A certain dread about her purpose in sending the dreams.
(b) Joy that she is alive and apparently coming to see them.
(c) Annoyance that their sleep has been so badly disturbed the past 10 nights.
(d) Apprehension that she will join ranks with their enemies.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Marius notices that every surviving vampire has in common?
2. Who is the first vampire at the meeting to raise objections to Akasha's plan?
3. What is the only solution the twins can offer Akasha and Enkil to end their torment?
4. Why is Marius so anxious to see Armando?
5. What does Lestat do at Akasha's command and under the influence of her blood?
Short Essay Questions
1. When the twins fail to restore them, the King and Queen first vow to kill them but settle for plucking out Maharet's eyes and cutting out Mekare's tongue. What happens to the eyes and the tongue, and then what happens to the twins?
2. Who was keeping Akasha still on the throne and what does she do to that person?
3. Describe Lestat's feelings as he watches Akasha's plan unfolding.
4. Was Akasha unconscious and unaware during her years of dormancy?
5. What does Maharet say about Akasha's dream?
6. Akasha wants 99 percent of male humans killed, reasoning that a world ruled by women will be more peaceful than the world under the rule of men. What is the irony of that plan?
7. Why is Akasha so intent on questioning the twins and, through them, the spirits? What does she hopes to gain?
8. How does Lestat feel about the events that led to him becoming a vampire?
9. Akasha commands Lestat to kill in her name, starting with male acolytes at Azim's temple. What is his reaction to the order?
10. What, to Maharet, is more important than her life, even more important than finding her twin?
This section contains 1,062 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)