|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What finally breaks Khayman's spirit?
(a) The rotting corpse of his father, dancing at the front door.
(b) A severed horse head under his sheets.
(c) A big dead fish, wrapped in newspapers.
(d) A brown bag on his doorstep, filled with excrement.
2. What has Lestat become, as he and Akasha leave Greece?
(a) A wealthy potentate, dressed in silks and fine leather.
(b) A man-child, powerless around women.
(c) The last, best hope of mankind.
(d) The embodiment of evil in the eyes of mortals.
3. What is Lestat's reaction to the vision of Baby Jenks dying?
(a) He laughs.
(b) He curses.
(c) He frowns.
(d) He cries.
4. How does the group of Greek women treat Lestat when he awakens?
(a) They treat him like a rock star, clamoring for his autograph and attention.
(b) They act as though he hired them for entertainment.
(c) They treat him like trash, berating him for the death of their brothers.
(d) They treat him like a god, bathing, anointing, and dressing him.
5. What is Armand dreaming when Akasha lets Lestat see him?
(a) A polar bear tracking salmon.
(b) A lioness stalking wild deer along the Amazon.
(c) A falcon hunting on the plains.
(d) A red-haired woman walking in the jungle.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Akasha believe will be the result of her reign?
2. What is the "blood god" wearing when Akasha and Lestat arrive?
3. What is the disagreement between Lestat and Akasha?
4. Who is the first vampire at the meeting to raise objections to Akasha's plan?
5. What skill does Lestat gain when he is with Akasha?
Short Essay Questions
1. Lestat is very reluctant to cooperate with Akasha's plan and tries to talk her out of it. What is it about him that attracts her, even though she can't control him?
2. Describe Lestat's feelings as he watches Akasha's plan unfolding.
3. Who was keeping Akasha still on the throne and what does she do to that person?
4. Maharet has searched for her twin for 6,000 years. What clues or proof has she had over that time that Mekare is alive?
5. Akasha commands Lestat to kill in her name, starting with male acolytes at Azim's temple. What is his reaction to the order?
6. When the twins fail to restore them, the King and Queen first vow to kill them but settle for plucking out Maharet's eyes and cutting out Mekare's tongue. What happens to the eyes and the tongue, and then what happens to the twins?
7. Once the twins are back in their cell, what does Amel tell them about himself?
8. What, to Maharet, is more important than her life, even more important than finding her twin?
9. Why is Akasha so intent on questioning the twins and, through them, the spirits? What does she hopes to gain?
10. What does Maharet say about Akasha's dream?
This section contains 1,040 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)