|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Akasha shout as her first victim burns?
(a) "You fool! I was born before you and I'll live long after you've perished."
(b) "Die, damnable one! Go into the pit of perdition!"
(c) "You'll never savor the warm taste of blood again, you monster!"
(d) "I warned you I would return with a vengence!"
2. What sort of creatures are Mekare, Maharet, and their mother?
(a) Disco queens.
(b) Evil spirits.
(c) Blood drinkers.
3. What does Lestat do at Akasha's command and under the influence of her blood?
(a) He dismembers the blood king and eats his heart and brain.
(b) He causes the mountain to erupt as a volcano, killing all inhabitants.
(c) He bars the front gates and traps the women, so they could be killed.
(d) He slaughters dozens of men mindlessly, taking pleasure in their deathsl
4. What does Akasha believe will be the result of her reign?
(a) Women rule all the world's countries,
(b) Peace on Earth.
(c) Purging fires destroy all the world's evil.
(d) She marries Lestat in a grand ceremony.
5. What does Marius suggest the vampires do when they learn of the massacres committed by Akasha and Lestat?
(a) Join in Akasha's plan.
(b) Hide from Akasha.
(c) Call 911.
(d) Kill Akasha.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Akasha want from Lestat, as she is taking him from place to place to see the poor and downtrodden?
2. How does Enkil come to rule his kingdom?
3. How do Akasha and Lestat get to their first destination?
4. What is Lestat imbibing when he is with Akasha that gives him power and pleasure?
5. How does Akasha pass time while she sits on the golden throne?
Short Essay Questions
1. Was Akasha unconscious and unaware during her years of dormancy?
2. When the twins fail to restore them, the King and Queen first vow to kill them but settle for plucking out Maharet's eyes and cutting out Mekare's tongue. What happens to the eyes and the tongue, and then what happens to the twins?
3. What weapon with sentimental meaning does Akasha show Lestat in his father's castle?
4. Enkil and Akasha are frightened and ashamed of what they have become, even though they have no name for it. What has come over them and how do they act?
5. Who was keeping Akasha still on the throne and what does she do to that person?
6. Maharet has searched for her twin for 6,000 years. What clues or proof has she had over that time that Mekare is alive?
7. What is Marius' reaction to the gathering of vampires which he has joined?
8. Why does Marius feel so strongly about seeing Armand--whom he calls Amadeo--again?
9. Why is Akasha so intent on questioning the twins and, through them, the spirits? What does she hopes to gain?
10. Describe Lestat's feelings as he watches Akasha's plan unfolding.
This section contains 1,045 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)