|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The idea that Mekare is alive and sending the dreams causes what emotions among the older vampires?
(a) Apprehension that she will join ranks with their enemies.
(b) A certain dread about her purpose in sending the dreams.
(c) Annoyance that their sleep has been so badly disturbed the past 10 nights.
(d) Joy that she is alive and apparently coming to see them.
2. What has Jesse seen that startles Marius?
(a) The painting Marius made of Armand, surrounded by angels.
(b) The possibility of making a hit television series about vampires.
(c) A ruby ring worn by the mother of the red-haired twins.
(d) The pinnacle of Mt. Everest where there is secret coven.
3. Where had Lestat been happiest?
(a) As a singer in Paris.
(b) As a vampire drinking his mother's blood.
(c) As a child, in the monastery.
(d) As a rock star in San Francisco.
4. What is the threat made against Akasha by one of the twins?
(a) Akasha's heart will be set afire and eaten, creating a dessert called baked Akasha.
(b) Vast Egyptian armies will surround Akasha with fire, so she will die slowly.
(c) She will strike Akasha down, even if it means rising from the dead.
(d) A man named Dracula will drive a stake through Akasha's heart, killing her.
5. What was Lestat's childhood ambition?
(a) To become the most famous wolf-slayer in France.
(b) To become a vampire.
(c) To become a priest and do good.
(d) To rule the countryside from his father's castle.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Akasha take Lestat after she kidnaps him from the concert.?
2. Who or what mortally wounded Akasha and Enkil when they were humans?
3. At the meeting of Akasha and the others, where does Lestat sit?
4. What does Maharet reveal to the gathering?
5. What does Lestat do at Akasha's command and under the influence of her blood?
Short Essay Questions
1. Marius suggests that Akasha postpone her plans until she can see that humans are evolving toward peace on their own. What is Akasha's response?
2. What, to Maharet, is more important than her life, even more important than finding her twin?
3. Describe Lestat's feelings as he watches Akasha's plan unfolding.
4. Maharet has searched for her twin for 6,000 years. What clues or proof has she had over that time that Mekare is alive?
5. Akasha commands Lestat to kill in her name, starting with male acolytes at Azim's temple. What is his reaction to the order?
6. Why does Marius feel so strongly about seeing Armand--whom he calls Amadeo--again?
7. What weapon with sentimental meaning does Akasha show Lestat in his father's castle?
8. What has Jesse seen that adds to the vampires' belief Mekare is sending the dreams?
9. Why is Akasha so intent on questioning the twins and, through them, the spirits? What does she hopes to gain?
10. Was Akasha unconscious and unaware during her years of dormancy?
This section contains 1,039 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)