|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where had Lestat been happiest?
(a) As a singer in Paris.
(b) As a child, in the monastery.
(c) As a rock star in San Francisco.
(d) As a vampire drinking his mother's blood.
2. What does Marius notices that every surviving vampire has in common?
(a) Though "monsters," each is beautiful in his or her own way.
(b) They all smell the same.
(c) Each is more than six feet tall.
(d) Every one of them is unattractive, with lanky hair and blank eyes.
3. What is Marius' condition when Pandora rescues him from the ice?
(a) His physical injuries are healing, but he is sad and exhausted.
(b) He is a good as new, well-groomed, and eager for battle.
(c) He is unconscious and not expected to survive.
(d) He has many broken bones, but his spirit is exuberant.
4. Who controlls the spirits?
(a) Only the poorest of the poor could command them.
(b) No one, they are independent.
(c) The red-haired twins.
(d) The royal couple controlls them.
5. How do Akasha and Lestat get to their first destination?
(a) They project themselves there, using telepathy.
(b) Being exercise enthusiasts, they hike and bike as much as possible.
(c) They fly; Akasha has Lestat carry her.
(d) They charter a Lear jet; Akasha has her pilot's license.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Armand dreaming when Akasha lets Lestat see him?
2. Who or what mortally wounded Akasha and Enkil when they were humans?
3. What sort of creatures are Mekare, Maharet, and their mother?
4. What skill does Lestat gain when he is with Akasha?
5. What image blinks through Lestat's mind when he looks at Jesse?
Short Essay Questions
1. Akasha commands Lestat to kill in her name, starting with male acolytes at Azim's temple. What is his reaction to the order?
2. What, to Maharet, is more important than her life, even more important than finding her twin?
3. How does Lestat feel about the events that led to him becoming a vampire?
4. Does Lestat believe in Akasha's quest? Why or why not?
5. Why is Akasha so intent on questioning the twins and, through them, the spirits? What does she hopes to gain?
6. Khayman is the longtime servant of the King and Queen. He also has a soft spot for the twins. To whom is he the most loyal during the early period of the vampires?
7. What does Maharet say about Akasha's dream?
8. Maharet has searched for her twin for 6,000 years. What clues or proof has she had over that time that Mekare is alive?
9. Akasha tells Lestat why she loves him. What does she say?
10. Marius suggests that Akasha postpone her plans until she can see that humans are evolving toward peace on their own. What is Akasha's response?
This section contains 1,059 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)