|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where do Lestat and Akasha go after putting their plan into effect in Greece?
(b) Buenos Aires.
(d) San Francisco
2. Lestat describes being "blanketed in succulent human flesh." How does he respond?
(a) He sends the women away without feeding on them.
(b) He murders them and flees the room.
(c) He succumbs to the pleasures of their necks.
(d) He takes them all to the Plaka and buys a round of drinks.
3. What does Akasha shout as her first victim burns?
(a) "You fool! I was born before you and I'll live long after you've perished."
(b) "I warned you I would return with a vengence!"
(c) "You'll never savor the warm taste of blood again, you monster!"
(d) "Die, damnable one! Go into the pit of perdition!"
4. Who controlls the spirits?
(a) The red-haired twins.
(b) The royal couple controlls them.
(c) Only the poorest of the poor could command them.
(d) No one, they are independent.
5. What does Akasha say about her temperament?
(a) She has matured and calmed down during the years of dormancy.
(b) She might have a temper but, deep down, her heart is soft.
(c) She knows she is strong, powerful and bold.
(d) She has always been a ruler and doesn't intend to give it up now.
Short Answer Questions
1. What enemy did Lestat slay when he was mortal?
2. How does the group of Greek women treat Lestat when he awakens?
3. Why is Marius so anxious to see Armando?
4. How do Akasha and Lestat get to their first destination?
5. Why do the people of Mount Carmel eat their dead?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Marius feel so strongly about seeing Armand--whom he calls Amadeo--again?
2. Marius suggests that Akasha postpone her plans until she can see that humans are evolving toward peace on their own. What is Akasha's response?
3. Describe Lestat's feelings as he watches Akasha's plan unfolding.
4. Akasha tells Lestat why she loves him. What does she say?
5. When the twins fail to restore them, the King and Queen first vow to kill them but settle for plucking out Maharet's eyes and cutting out Mekare's tongue. What happens to the eyes and the tongue, and then what happens to the twins?
6. What weapon with sentimental meaning does Akasha show Lestat in his father's castle?
7. Akasha commands Lestat to kill in her name, starting with male acolytes at Azim's temple. What is his reaction to the order?
8. Khayman is the longtime servant of the King and Queen. He also has a soft spot for the twins. To whom is he the most loyal during the early period of the vampires?
9. Enkil and Akasha are frightened and ashamed of what they have become, even though they have no name for it. What has come over them and how do they act?
10. Lestat is very reluctant to cooperate with Akasha's plan and tries to talk her out of it. What is it about him that attracts her, even though she can't control him?
This section contains 1,145 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)