|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Akasha's response when Lestat demands they go to his friends?
(a) She kisses him passionately.
(b) She laughs hysterically.
(c) She slaps him.
(d) She calls for the bellman.
2. Why doesn't Akasha accept Lestat's suggestion that she just dazzle men into obedience rather than kill them?
(a) She doesn't want Lestat to think she gives any weight to his opinions.
(b) She is writing a feminist manifesto; the death of men is essential to the plot.
(c) She doesn't believe the men would ever obey her; they would die first.
(d) She won't be able to control women, if the men are still around.
3. What finally breaks Khayman's spirit?
(a) A big dead fish, wrapped in newspapers.
(b) The rotting corpse of his father, dancing at the front door.
(c) A brown bag on his doorstep, filled with excrement.
(d) A severed horse head under his sheets.
4. How can the King and Queen reduce their extreme thirst for blood?
(a) By spiking the blood with vodka.
(b) By eating clay found on the banks of the Nile.
(c) By making other vampires--to dilute the thirst among them.
(d) By sleeping in an iron casket.
5. Akasha knows something about Lestat's nature. What is it?
(a) He cannot obey anyone for very long.
(b) He is a compulsive overeater.
(c) He is argumentative.
(d) He has attention deficit disorder.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why do the people of Mount Carmel eat their dead?
2. What does Akasha want from Lestat, as she is taking him from place to place to see the poor and downtrodden?
3. What has Jesse seen that startles Marius?
4. What sort of creatures are Mekare, Maharet, and their mother?
5. Gabrielle wants to destroy Akasha for taking her son, Lestat. What does she ask Maharet about that plan?
Short Essay Questions
1. Was Akasha unconscious and unaware during her years of dormancy?
2. Why is Akasha so intent on questioning the twins and, through them, the spirits? What does she hopes to gain?
3. Once the twins are back in their cell, what does Amel tell them about himself?
4. Describe Lestat's feelings as he watches Akasha's plan unfolding.
5. What is Marius' reaction to the gathering of vampires which he has joined?
6. Enkil and Akasha are frightened and ashamed of what they have become, even though they have no name for it. What has come over them and how do they act?
7. Why does Marius feel so strongly about seeing Armand--whom he calls Amadeo--again?
8. Does Lestat believe in Akasha's quest? Why or why not?
9. What does Maharet say about Akasha's dream?
10. Marius suggests that Akasha postpone her plans until she can see that humans are evolving toward peace on their own. What is Akasha's response?
This section contains 1,085 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)