|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Akasha pass time while she sits on the golden throne?
(a) She would inhabit the body of someone who walked the earth.
(b) She practices speaking foreign languages.
(c) She creates complicated crossword puzzles in her mind.
(d) She imagines a world without vampires.
2. What are Lestat's thoughts as he falls deeper and deeper into Akasha's spell?
(a) He knows Marius will persuade Akasha to share power with the others.
(b) He believes he can control Akasha with a little of his old charm.
(c) He wishes she would drop the plan and let him take her to Paris.
(d) He is growing more excited about the plan and the prospect of being Akasha's consort.
3. Where do Akasha and Lestat go first so she could begin her killing spree?
(a) A World Cup soccer match in London.
(b) A temple in the Himalayas.
(c) The castle of Zeus near Athens.
(d) Mao's home, overlooking the Great Wall in China.
4. What sort of creatures are Mekare, Maharet, and their mother?
(a) Evil spirits.
(b) Disco queens.
(c) Blood drinkers.
5. What is Lestat imbibing when he is with Akasha that gives him power and pleasure?
(a) Akasha's blood.
(b) Stolen morphine.
(c) Armand's tears.
(d) Baby Jenks' dreams.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Akasha take Lestat after she kidnaps him from the concert.?
2. What argument is made regarding mortals in hopes of stalling Akasha's plan?
3. What image blinks through Lestat's mind when he looks at Jesse?
4. What was Lestat's childhood ambition?
5. The idea that Mekare is alive and sending the dreams causes what emotions among the older vampires?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Maharet say about Akasha's dream?
2. How does Lestat feel about the events that led to him becoming a vampire?
3. What has Jesse seen that adds to the vampires' belief Mekare is sending the dreams?
4. Khayman is the longtime servant of the King and Queen. He also has a soft spot for the twins. To whom is he the most loyal during the early period of the vampires?
5. Why is Akasha so intent on questioning the twins and, through them, the spirits? What does she hopes to gain?
6. Was Akasha unconscious and unaware during her years of dormancy?
7. Lestat is very reluctant to cooperate with Akasha's plan and tries to talk her out of it. What is it about him that attracts her, even though she can't control him?
8. Who was keeping Akasha still on the throne and what does she do to that person?
9. Akasha wants 99 percent of male humans killed, reasoning that a world ruled by women will be more peaceful than the world under the rule of men. What is the irony of that plan?
10. When the twins fail to restore them, the King and Queen first vow to kill them but settle for plucking out Maharet's eyes and cutting out Mekare's tongue. What happens to the eyes and the tongue, and then what happens to the twins?
This section contains 1,091 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)