|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Akasha want from Lestat, as she is taking him from place to place to see the poor and downtrodden?
(a) She wants his body, heart, and soul.
(b) She wants him to act like a man and take care of her.
(c) She wants him to die with her in a flaming pyre.
(d) She wants him to believe in her and become like her.
2. Which god does Akasha represent to her subjects?
(a) Louis XIII.
3. What is the disagreement between Lestat and Akasha?
(a) Lestat wants Chinese for dinner; Akasha insists on Greek.
(b) Akasha wants to make all women into vampires; Lestat prefers that men only be made.
(c) Lestat is all for killing as many men as possible; Akasha protests that only a few should be killed.
(d) Lestat is against killing the men; Akasha insists it will eventually bring world peace.
4. Where had Lestat been happiest?
(a) As a child, in the monastery.
(b) As a singer in Paris.
(c) As a vampire drinking his mother's blood.
(d) As a rock star in San Francisco.
5. What does Akasha want Lestat to do for her?
(a) She wants him to create grand feasts for her.
(b) She wants him to bring her victims with a certain blood type.
(c) She wants him to kill mortals for her.
(d) She wants him to renounce his immortality.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Marius suggest the vampires do when they learn of the massacres committed by Akasha and Lestat?
2. What sort of creatures are Mekare, Maharet, and their mother?
3. What is Armand dreaming when Akasha lets Lestat see him?
4. At the meeting of Akasha and the others, where does Lestat sit?
5. How does Enkil come to rule his kingdom?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Maharet say about Akasha's dream?
2. Lestat is very reluctant to cooperate with Akasha's plan and tries to talk her out of it. What is it about him that attracts her, even though she can't control him?
3. How does Lestat feel about the events that led to him becoming a vampire?
4. Enkil and Akasha are frightened and ashamed of what they have become, even though they have no name for it. What has come over them and how do they act?
5. Why does Marius feel so strongly about seeing Armand--whom he calls Amadeo--again?
6. What weapon with sentimental meaning does Akasha show Lestat in his father's castle?
7. Marius suggests that Akasha postpone her plans until she can see that humans are evolving toward peace on their own. What is Akasha's response?
8. Maharet has searched for her twin for 6,000 years. What clues or proof has she had over that time that Mekare is alive?
9. When the twins fail to restore them, the King and Queen first vow to kill them but settle for plucking out Maharet's eyes and cutting out Mekare's tongue. What happens to the eyes and the tongue, and then what happens to the twins?
10. Akasha commands Lestat to kill in her name, starting with male acolytes at Azim's temple. What is his reaction to the order?
This section contains 1,092 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)