|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Akasha knows something about Lestat's nature. What is it?
(a) He is a compulsive overeater.
(b) He is argumentative.
(c) He cannot obey anyone for very long.
(d) He has attention deficit disorder.
2. What does Akasha believe will be the result of her reign?
(a) She marries Lestat in a grand ceremony.
(b) Purging fires destroy all the world's evil.
(c) Peace on Earth.
(d) Women rule all the world's countries,
3. How can the King and Queen reduce their extreme thirst for blood?
(a) By sleeping in an iron casket.
(b) By making other vampires--to dilute the thirst among them.
(c) By spiking the blood with vodka.
(d) By eating clay found on the banks of the Nile.
4. What does Akasha shout as her first victim burns?
(a) "You fool! I was born before you and I'll live long after you've perished."
(b) "You'll never savor the warm taste of blood again, you monster!"
(c) "Die, damnable one! Go into the pit of perdition!"
(d) "I warned you I would return with a vengence!"
5. What is Akasha's response when Lestat demands they go to his friends?
(a) She laughs hysterically.
(b) She calls for the bellman.
(c) She kisses him passionately.
(d) She slaps him.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the reaction of Akasha and Enkil to their transformation?
2. Which of the twins usually did the talking in the early days?
3. Who or what mortally wounded Akasha and Enkil when they were humans?
4. What is the threat made against Akasha by one of the twins?
5. Why doesn't Akasha accept Lestat's suggestion that she just dazzle men into obedience rather than kill them?
Short Essay Questions
1. When the twins fail to restore them, the King and Queen first vow to kill them but settle for plucking out Maharet's eyes and cutting out Mekare's tongue. What happens to the eyes and the tongue, and then what happens to the twins?
2. How does Lestat feel about the events that led to him becoming a vampire?
3. What, to Maharet, is more important than her life, even more important than finding her twin?
4. Who was keeping Akasha still on the throne and what does she do to that person?
5. What has Jesse seen that adds to the vampires' belief Mekare is sending the dreams?
6. Lestat is very reluctant to cooperate with Akasha's plan and tries to talk her out of it. What is it about him that attracts her, even though she can't control him?
7. Khayman is the longtime servant of the King and Queen. He also has a soft spot for the twins. To whom is he the most loyal during the early period of the vampires?
8. Akasha commands Lestat to kill in her name, starting with male acolytes at Azim's temple. What is his reaction to the order?
9. What does Maharet say about Akasha's dream?
10. Does Lestat believe in Akasha's quest? Why or why not?
This section contains 1,094 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)