|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What argument is made regarding mortals in hopes of stalling Akasha's plan?
(a) Given enough time, human males will eradicate themselves through violence.
(b) The vampires should take time and develop less violent means of killing the men.
(c) The human soul and race are evolving on their own toward a peaceful world.
(d) She's been asleep so long, she's lost touch with reality.
2. Why doesn't Akasha accept Lestat's suggestion that she just dazzle men into obedience rather than kill them?
(a) She doesn't believe the men would ever obey her; they would die first.
(b) She doesn't want Lestat to think she gives any weight to his opinions.
(c) She won't be able to control women, if the men are still around.
(d) She is writing a feminist manifesto; the death of men is essential to the plot.
3. Where do Akasha and Lestat go first so she could begin her killing spree?
(a) A World Cup soccer match in London.
(b) A temple in the Himalayas.
(c) Mao's home, overlooking the Great Wall in China.
(d) The castle of Zeus near Athens.
4. What has Maharet been doing during the vampire catastrophes?
(a) She has been searching for her sister, Mekare.
(b) She has been hiding in her tomb to escape destruction.
(c) She has been preparing the compound for guests, knowing they would arrive soon.
(d) She has been consumed with protecting Jesse.
5. What is Lestat's reaction to the vision of Baby Jenks dying?
(a) He frowns.
(b) He curses.
(c) He cries.
(d) He laughs.
Short Answer Questions
1. At the meeting of Akasha and the others, where does Lestat sit?
2. Who controlls the spirits?
3. Where had Lestat been happiest?
4. What is the only solution the twins can offer Akasha and Enkil to end their torment?
5. How do Mekare and Maharet rescue the king and queen?
This section contains 436 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)