|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What insight does Akasha have at the conference that both shocks and saddens her?
(a) Every single one of the survivors is doomed to die from sun-poisoning.
(b) The survivors lntend to withdraw her blood and bank it for future use.
(c) Lestat has been seeing Jesse all along.
(d) Not a single one of the survivors, not even Lestat, agrees with her vision.
2. What is the threat made against Akasha by one of the twins?
(a) Vast Egyptian armies will surround Akasha with fire, so she will die slowly.
(b) A man named Dracula will drive a stake through Akasha's heart, killing her.
(c) She will strike Akasha down, even if it means rising from the dead.
(d) Akasha's heart will be set afire and eaten, creating a dessert called baked Akasha.
3. Why does Khayman want the twins to become vampires?
(a) He needs help fighting Akasha and Enkil.
(b) Misery loves company.
(c) One is a lonely number, three is a party.
(d) He, too, is an evil spirit and wants to debauch others.
4. Which god does Akasha represent to her subjects?
(c) Louis XIII.
5. Which part of their mother's body does Mekare and Mahareta believe is most significant?
(a) The tongue.
(b) The brain.
(c) The heart.
(d) The liver.
Short Answer Questions
1. At the meeting of Akasha and the others, where does Lestat sit?
2. Who is the first vampire at the meeting to raise objections to Akasha's plan?
3. What is Lestat imbibing when he is with Akasha that gives him power and pleasure?
4. What has Jesse seen that startles Marius?
5. Where do Lestat and Akasha go after putting their plan into effect in Greece?
Short Essay Questions
1. Who was keeping Akasha still on the throne and what does she do to that person?
2. Akasha tells Lestat why she loves him. What does she say?
3. When the twins fail to restore them, the King and Queen first vow to kill them but settle for plucking out Maharet's eyes and cutting out Mekare's tongue. What happens to the eyes and the tongue, and then what happens to the twins?
4. Why does Marius feel so strongly about seeing Armand--whom he calls Amadeo--again?
5. Khayman is the longtime servant of the King and Queen. He also has a soft spot for the twins. To whom is he the most loyal during the early period of the vampires?
6. Maharet has searched for her twin for 6,000 years. What clues or proof has she had over that time that Mekare is alive?
7. Why is Akasha so intent on questioning the twins and, through them, the spirits? What does she hopes to gain?
8. What weapon with sentimental meaning does Akasha show Lestat in his father's castle?
9. Akasha wants 99 percent of male humans killed, reasoning that a world ruled by women will be more peaceful than the world under the rule of men. What is the irony of that plan?
10. How does Lestat feel about the events that led to him becoming a vampire?
This section contains 985 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)