|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who or what mortally wounded Akasha and Enkil when they were humans?
(a) An evil spirit, acting on behest of the red-haired twins.
(b) A falling marble pillar, rocked from its foundation in an earthquake.
(c) Noblemen, who wanted to be rid of the king and queen so they could return to their old traditions.
(d) Khayman, out of guilt for what they made him do to the twins.
2. What skill does Lestat gain when he is with Akasha?
(a) The power to create massive storms.
(b) The ability to fly.
(c) The ability to summon demons.
(d) The power to throw lightning bolts.
3. What is Akasha's only weakness?
(a) Her passion for the finest treasures of all time.
(b) Chronic anemia.
(c) She needs Lestat because she is afraid of being alone.
(d) Her inability to admit she is wrong.
4. Who controlls the spirits?
(a) Only the poorest of the poor could command them.
(b) The red-haired twins.
(c) No one, they are independent.
(d) The royal couple controlls them.
5. Akasha knows something about Lestat's nature. What is it?
(a) He is argumentative.
(b) He cannot obey anyone for very long.
(c) He has attention deficit disorder.
(d) He is a compulsive overeater.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the reaction of Akasha and Enkil to their transformation?
2. What image blinks through Lestat's mind when he looks at Jesse?
3. The idea that Mekare is alive and sending the dreams causes what emotions among the older vampires?
4. What insight does Akasha have at the conference that both shocks and saddens her?
5. What enemy did Lestat slay when he was mortal?
Short Essay Questions
1. Akasha commands Lestat to kill in her name, starting with male acolytes at Azim's temple. What is his reaction to the order?
2. What does Maharet say about Akasha's dream?
3. Marius suggests that Akasha postpone her plans until she can see that humans are evolving toward peace on their own. What is Akasha's response?
4. Who was keeping Akasha still on the throne and what does she do to that person?
5. Maharet has searched for her twin for 6,000 years. What clues or proof has she had over that time that Mekare is alive?
6. Lestat is very reluctant to cooperate with Akasha's plan and tries to talk her out of it. What is it about him that attracts her, even though she can't control him?
7. Does Lestat believe in Akasha's quest? Why or why not?
8. Khayman is the longtime servant of the King and Queen. He also has a soft spot for the twins. To whom is he the most loyal during the early period of the vampires?
9. How does Lestat feel about the events that led to him becoming a vampire?
10. Why does Marius feel so strongly about seeing Armand--whom he calls Amadeo--again?
This section contains 1,053 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)