|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What happens to vampires as they age?
(a) They wrinkle terribly around the eyes.
(b) They turn into white marble.
(c) They become transparent.
(d) They lose their taste for human blood.
2. What is an acolyte?
(a) An acolyte is a follower of a leader or belief system.
(b) An acolyte is a small candle burned in dark passages.
(c) An acolyte is a spirit that feeds off vampires.
(d) An acolyte is a form of blood serum vampires can drink when there are no fresh humans available.
3. How does Khayman know about the red-haired twins?
(a) The twins put Khayman into a centuries-long sleep.
(b) The twins are Khayman's sisters.
(c) He rapes them at Enkil's command.
(d) He tries to save them from drowning.
4. What effect does drinking the blood of Marius have on Pandora?
(a) It makes her sick to her stomach.
(b) It makes her able to hear Marius' warning directly.
(c) It puts a glow in her cheeks.
(d) It gives her a momentary surge of power.
5. How old is Jesse when she visits Maharet?
Short Answer Questions
1. What is worrying Azim when Pandora arrives to question him about Marius?
2. What kind of vehicle does Baby Jenks have?
3. What is Maharet's family role?
4. What does Jesse find in New Orleans?
5. What can always kill a vampire?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why doesn't Pandora like to fly, even though she can?
2. What is Jesse's first reaction when David Talbot asked her to investigate the veracity of Interview with the Vampire?
3. Is there any reason or purpose to the fact that Khayman has regained consciousness at the same time as Akasha? What is it? Is there a literary term that could be applied to Khayman's questioning?
4. What seems to be happening in the first cave paintings of the twins?
5. What does the first paragraph in Part 1, Chapter 3, The Goddess Pandora tell you about Pandora? Does it give you a feeling of Pandora's attitude as well as her appearance?
6. Mael is at Lestat's concert. What is he doing there and who sent him? Who volunteers to be his ally?
7. What additional information is added by the discovery of the second set of cave paintings?
8. How are Khayman and Akasha related in terms of age and power? What do these factors mean in terms of their modern-day relationship?
9. Are there other factors besides love in the reunion of Daniel and Armand?
10. When Khayman, before the concert, gets up to move closer to another vampire, the narrator says: "He would be near to one of these two...That's what he had wanted in Athens...To be near another like himself. To speak, to touch...something." What theme does this passage illustrate?
This section contains 906 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)