|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the message Lestat telepathically passes to Jesse when he kisses her during the concert?
(a) That all vampires are about to die.
(b) That he is staying at the Four Seasons, Room 713.
(c) That she could live forever, if she only says the word.
(d) That he is evil, as she has always known.
2. How is Lestat's character described?
(a) Shy, but likes to sing karaoke.
(b) Well-dressed and good at keeping secrets.
(c) Unlikely to draw attention to himself.
(d) Thirsty for fame and adoration.
3. How old are the cave paintings that tell the Legend of the Twins?
(a) No one knows for sure.
(b) 12,000 years.
(c) They are fakes, created in 1966.
(d) At least 6,000 years.
4. One of the cave paintings depicted the twins handing over a treasure. Where was this cave located?
5. How does Lestat pass for human?
(a) By using makeup, skillfully applied.
(b) By keeping his collar up and wearing a hat and dark glasses.
(c) By wearing a George W. Bush mask.
(d) By projecting an aura that confuses onlookers.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who pays for the archeologist's research?
2. What causes Akasha to wake up?
3. What are the red-haired twins eating in Daniel's visionary dream about them?
4. What do Armand and Daniel do after becoming a couple?
5. What is Marius' job?
Short Essay Questions
1. What, if any, clues are there in Part 1, Chapter 1, The Legend of the Twins that links the Legend of the Twins to the world of the vampires?
2. What additional information is added by the discovery of the second set of cave paintings?
3. The prologue gives Lestat the opportunity to talk about himself and therefore to establish his character. What does the reader learn about Lestat?
4. Why is Baby Jenks feeling disturbed?
5. What is Jesse's first reaction when David Talbot asked her to investigate the veracity of Interview with the Vampire?
6. Does Pandora enjoy drinking the blood of Azim's followers?
7. What is the point of view of the prologue. Does the reader know if this will continue throughout the book?
8. How does Akasha mock Marius when she awakens?
9. Are there other factors besides love in the reunion of Daniel and Armand?
10. What seems to be happening in the first cave paintings of the twins?
This section contains 890 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)