|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Mael's theory regarding the Queen's motives in killing most vampires but allowing some to live?
(a) He believes she spares only those loved by Lestat.
(b) He thinks she plans to restock the vampire community with those of the purest blood.
(c) He believes those spared are being saved to be sacrificed later in a beach ritual south of San Francisco.
(d) He speculates that the survivors have been immunized against fire, and the Queen is unable to kill them.
2. What is the message Lestat telepathically passes to Jesse when he kisses her during the concert?
(a) That he is evil, as she has always known.
(b) That she could live forever, if she only says the word.
(c) That he is staying at the Four Seasons, Room 713.
(d) That all vampires are about to die.
3. Does Khayman wish or ask to be made a blood drinker?
(a) Yes, he begs the Queen to make him a blood drinker and promises to do all she asks.
(b) No, the Queen takes him by surprise.
(c) No, he is trapped in the forest and made by an evil spirit.
(d) Yes, he earns the right performing a certain number of tasks--the equivelent of a high-level frequent flyer's award.
4. What is the clue that the archeologist scrawls on a piece of paper as he dies?
(a) "In the jungles--walking."
(b) "Beware the blood of a red-haired woman."
(c) "Twins ate their mother's heart."
(d) "Rubies are buried beneath the cave paintings."
5. What is special or different about Claudia?
(a) She ages mentally and emotionally, but not physically.
(b) She is clairvoyant and could connect with anyone under the age of 15.
(c) She doesn't age mentally beyond 21, but her body ages at four times the normal speed.
(d) She sleeps in a closet.
Short Answer Questions
1. How is Lestat's character described?
2. Who was Akasha in a past life?
3. What revelation does the archeologist have on his deathbed?
4. What does Khayman do as he sees the Queen streak in from the forest, grab Lestat, and fly away with him in her arms?
5. What kind of vehicle does Baby Jenks have?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Baby Jenks dislike her mother?
2. What is the point of view of the prologue. Does the reader know if this will continue throughout the book?
3. Did Jesse feel more loyalty to the Great Family or to Talamasca?
4. Mael is at Lestat's concert. What is he doing there and who sent him? Who volunteers to be his ally?
5. Are there other factors besides love in the reunion of Daniel and Armand?
6. What does the first paragraph in Part 1, Chapter 3, The Goddess Pandora tell you about Pandora? Does it give you a feeling of Pandora's attitude as well as her appearance?
7. Why is Pandora so worried about Marius?
8. Does the archeologist's daughter really understand what her father has spent his life studying?
9. What was one of the most fascinating aspects of Maharet's house for Jesse?
10. In Chapter 4, The Story of Daniel, what point does the author make about how many vampires decide to take a particular action that doesn't seem to make sense?
This section contains 1,033 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)