|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What realization does Khayman come to even before the concert begins?
(a) That he is way too old to attend a modern concert, with all the noise and light.
(b) Mortal fans can sense the presence of the blood-drinkers at the concert.
(c) Talamasca is the financial promoter of the concert and is actually filming a documentary on vampires.
(d) Jesse is Maharet's mortal child, is a member of Talamasca, and is in danger.
2. How does Daniel get involved in the vampire world?
(a) He buys a house haunted by vampires in New Orleans.
(b) He stumbles into the wrong San Francisco bar by mistake.
(c) He interviewes the vampire Louis.
(d) He drinks blood left in the office refrigerator, thinking it is V8.
3. How does Azim feel about his life as a vampire?
(a) He revels in it and participates completely.
(b) He is disgusted at himself.
(c) He is indifferent, but resigned to fulfilling his need for blood.
(d) He longs every day to be human and mortal.
4. What is the message Lestat telepathically passes to Jesse when he kisses her during the concert?
(a) That he is evil, as she has always known.
(b) That all vampires are about to die.
(c) That he is staying at the Four Seasons, Room 713.
(d) That she could live forever, if she only says the word.
5. What are the red-haired twins eating in Daniel's visionary dream about them?
(a) The leg of a lioness.
(b) Their grandmother.
(c) Their mother's heart and brain.
(d) A vegetarian feast of grilled vegetables and polenta.
Short Answer Questions
1. How is the archeologist's discovery of the caves and the Legend of the Twins received in the academic world.
2. How does Azim feel about Marius?
3. One of the cave paintings depicted the twins handing over a treasure. Where was this cave located?
4. What is the Great Family?
5. What was Lestat's ambition as a young man?
Short Essay Questions
1. How did Baby Jenks become a vampire?
2. Is there any reason or purpose to the fact that Khayman has regained consciousness at the same time as Akasha? What is it? Is there a literary term that could be applied to Khayman's questioning?
3. Why do some of the vampires view their telepathic gift--the ability to read the minds of mortals and other vampires--as something of a curse?
4. Why does Baby Jenks dislike her mother?
5. What is the point of view of the prologue. Does the reader know if this will continue throughout the book?
6. How are Khayman and Akasha related in terms of age and power? What do these factors mean in terms of their modern-day relationship?
7. Did Jesse feel more loyalty to the Great Family or to Talamasca?
8. Why doesn't Pandora like to fly, even though she can?
9. Who is Lestat and what was his role in the second book of the Chronicles of the Vampire?
10. How does Akasha mock Marius when she awakens?
This section contains 1,021 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)