|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Pandora remember most vividly about feeding on a human's blood?
(a) The momentary union with another soul.
(b) The slightly spicy taste of blood.
(c) The pounding of a heart as she squeezes it into her mouth.
(d) The way it makes her sleepy and peaceful for at least a week afterwards.
2. In the beginning of Part 1, Chapter 5, what does Khayman know about his past?
(a) That he is destined for greatness through an act of violence.
(b) Only that he is a blood drinker.
(c) Only that he hasn't shaven in a very long time.
(d) That his clothing seems old fashioned, compared to others he sees.
3. Why does Khayman decide to go to the live concert in San Francisco?
(a) Because he has always wanted to ride the cable cars.
(b) Because he has no friends and nowhere else to go.
(c) Because he thinks it will be his generation's Woodstock.
(d) Because he hears Lestat's music.
4. Why does Maharet decide, despite her earlier reluctance, to make Jesse into one of the undead?
(a) She realizes she is going to need all the allies she could get in the coming crisis.
(b) Because Jesse is so badly injured, she is going to die.
(c) She has taken some bad acid at the concert and isn't thinking straight.
(d) She makes her undead out of anger that Jesse has disobeyed her and gone to the concert.
5. As Jesse is dying, what vision does she see?
(a) She sees Miriam fighting with the vampire who attacked her.
(b) That she is walking through a jungle, brushing aside vines to get to the bank of the river.
(c) The image of a cackling old woman on a bicycle, pedaling madly with a tiny dog in the bike basket.
(d) She sees a small, marble-like woman floating in the clouds, laughing.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the clue that the archeologist scrawls on a piece of paper as he dies?
2. How does Marius communicate as he falls into a crevasse?
3. Does Jesse recognize right away that Maharet and Mael are vampires?
4. How does Pandora know that Marius is in danger?
5. What does Lestat look like?
Short Essay Questions
1. Are there other factors besides love in the reunion of Daniel and Armand?
2. Why is Pandora so worried about Marius?
3. Why does Baby Jenks dislike her mother?
4. What does the first paragraph in Part 1, Chapter 3, The Goddess Pandora tell you about Pandora? Does it give you a feeling of Pandora's attitude as well as her appearance?
5. Did Jesse feel more loyalty to the Great Family or to Talamasca?
6. What has Marius done to entertain Akasha and Enkil over the centuries?
7. What additional information is added by the discovery of the second set of cave paintings?
8. What is Jesse's first reaction when David Talbot asked her to investigate the veracity of Interview with the Vampire?
9. Is Killer a good teacher for a new vampire? Why or why not?
10. Why do some of the vampires view their telepathic gift--the ability to read the minds of mortals and other vampires--as something of a curse?
This section contains 1,026 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)