|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Does Jesse recognize right away that Maharet and Mael are vampires?
(a) No, but she notes their odd habits and appearance.
(b) Yes, because Maharet told her once in a letter.
(c) No, she doesn't have a clue and believes them to be old hippies.
(d) Yes, she can tell right away by their skin color.
2. What does Pandora remember most vividly about feeding on a human's blood?
(a) The momentary union with another soul.
(b) The way it makes her sleepy and peaceful for at least a week afterwards.
(c) The slightly spicy taste of blood.
(d) The pounding of a heart as she squeezes it into her mouth.
3. What does Baby Jenks see, looking down as she dies?
(a) St. Peter, casting a deadly net around the world.
(b) A white figure resembling a statue of the Virgin Mary.
(c) Satan, with a sword of fire.
(d) A glistening spider, spinning a silver thread.
4. Lestat's concert took place in what city?
(a) New Orleans.
(b) San Francisco
(d) The Emerald City.
5. In what period of time does the "Queen of the Damned" take place?
(a) A month.
(b) Ten days.
(c) A decade.
(d) Two hours.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the subject of the cave drawings?
2. Who causes the coven house to explode when Khayman visits?
3. What color is Jesse's hair?
4. When do other vampires plan to kill Lestat?
5. What causes Akasha to wake up?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Baby Jenks dislike her mother?
2. How does Marius feel about Akasha and Enkil?
3. Why doesn't Pandora like to fly, even though she can?
4. How does Khayman feel when he wakes up (besides hungry)? How does this feeling tie in with one of the themes of the book?
5. What happens in Lestat's music video, which Marius sees in a television store window?
6. Why do some of the vampires view their telepathic gift--the ability to read the minds of mortals and other vampires--as something of a curse?
7. What is one of the primary purposes of the Prologue of The Queen of the Damned? Why is that important?
8. What is Jesse's first reaction when David Talbot asked her to investigate the veracity of Interview with the Vampire?
9. Why is Pandora so worried about Marius?
10. Does the archeologist's daughter really understand what her father has spent his life studying?
This section contains 806 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)