|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Armand do after meeting Daniel?
(a) Agrees that vampires should live a more public life.
(b) Kidnaps him.
(c) Kills him.
(d) Advises him to get a better haircut.
2. Who pays for the archeologist's research?
(a) A wealthy socialite living in Manhattan, who collects artifacts.
(b) Queen Elizabeth, who is following the wishes of King Henry VIII.
(c) Akasha, in disguise.
(d) A mysterious, wealthy woman, last known to be living in Thailand.
3. Whose idea is it to have the twins raped, and why?
(a) Akasha's, so that she could make a stew of their innards.
(b) Akasha's, so her subjects would see the twins were mere mortals.
(c) Akasha's, because she is afraid they were gathering an army.
(d) Akasha's, because she is jealous of their long, glorious curls.
4. What is Lestat's reaction when he realizes something or someone is preventing him from the attacking crowd?
(a) He doesn't really care; he is used to being taken care of.
(b) He is grateful; he hadn't realized he had stirred up so much hate.
(c) He is in a rage because he has been robbed of his hoped-for battle.
(d) He is miserable because he never intended to cause so much trouble.
5. What is Talamasca?
(a) An Italian restaurant in London with a back bar for vampires.
(b) A secret society of vampires.
(c) The code name for gaining entry in the Sonoma compound.
(d) A secret organization dedicated to investigating supernatural and paranormal incidents.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is an acolyte?
2. Faced with the idea that he might be hunted down and killed, how or what does Lestat feel?
3. What revelation does the archeologist have on his deathbed?
4. How does Azim feel about Marius?
5. Does Jesse recognize right away that Maharet and Mael are vampires?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does the first paragraph in Part 1, Chapter 3, The Goddess Pandora tell you about Pandora? Does it give you a feeling of Pandora's attitude as well as her appearance?
2. How did Baby Jenks become a vampire?
3. Marius suggests that Akasha postpone her plans until she can see that humans are evolving toward peace on their own. What is Akasha's response?
4. What does Jesse notice about Maharet and Mael that at first leads her to think of them as "different" and eventually to realize that they are vampires?
5. Was Akasha unconscious and unaware during her years of dormancy?
6. Does Lestat believe in Akasha's quest? Why or why not?
7. How does Khayman feel when he wakes up (besides hungry)? How does this feeling tie in with one of the themes of the book?
8. What is Marius' reaction to the gathering of vampires which he has joined?
9. What seems to be happening in the first cave paintings of the twins?
10. What is the point of view of the prologue. Does the reader know if this will continue throughout the book?
This section contains 1,048 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)