|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Pandora know that Marius is in danger?
(a) There was a front-page article in the Wall Street Journal.
(b) She's heard him "broadcasting" the danger alert, telepathically.
(c) She has a vague sense. There's something in the air she can't explain.
(d) She's dreamed about him falling into the ice.
2. Where is Pandora headed when the reader first sees her?
(a) Into the jungles of Peru, looking for the cave paintings.
(b) Into Sonoma valley, looking for her coven of vampires.
(c) Into Miami, to join the nightclub scene.
(d) Into the Himalayas, to Azim's temple.
3. What can always kill a vampire?
(a) Garlic and onions.
(b) Bleach and tabasco sauce.
(c) Crosses and a stake through the heart.
(d) Fire and sun.
4. What is Azim's plan for dealing with the danger he feels?
(a) He plans to cast a telepathic dome of silence over his temple, so that it cannot be found.
(b) He plans to ignore and continue his lifestyle.
(c) He plans to move to New Delhi and pass as a street beggar.
(d) He plans to gather an army of old vampires and ferret out the problem.
5. Why are other vampires mad at Lestat?
(a) He borrowed money and never repaid them.
(b) He shows up whenever dinner is on the table.
(c) He betrayed them by revealing secrets of the vampires.
(d) They are jealous of his success.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Akasha say to Marius just before she pushes him?
2. Who surprises Khayman by showing up at the concert?
3. What is Maharet's family role?
4. What is the subject of the cave drawings?
5. What does Talamasca ask Jesse to investigate?
Short Essay Questions
1. In Chapter 4, The Story of Daniel, what point does the author make about how many vampires decide to take a particular action that doesn't seem to make sense?
2. Mael is at Lestat's concert. What is he doing there and who sent him? Who volunteers to be his ally?
3. What is Armand's dilemma in deciding whether to make Daniel a vampire?
4. Does Pandora enjoy drinking the blood of Azim's followers?
5. Are there other factors besides love in the reunion of Daniel and Armand?
6. What is the point of view of the prologue. Does the reader know if this will continue throughout the book?
7. Does the archeologist's daughter really understand what her father has spent his life studying?
8. What happens in Lestat's music video, which Marius sees in a television store window?
9. How are Khayman and Akasha related in terms of age and power? What do these factors mean in terms of their modern-day relationship?
10. Why do some of the vampires view their telepathic gift--the ability to read the minds of mortals and other vampires--as something of a curse?
This section contains 997 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)