|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What are the red-haired twins eating in Daniel's visionary dream about them?
(a) Their mother's heart and brain.
(b) Their grandmother.
(c) A vegetarian feast of grilled vegetables and polenta.
(d) The leg of a lioness.
2. What is the treasure being handed over?
(a) A ruby, which had been crystalized from the twins' blood.
(b) A baby with red hair.
(c) A golden goblet containing the blood of the twins' mother.
(d) An ancient sword with mystical powers.
3. What emotion does Lestat look forward to feeling during his concert?
(a) Sorrow for the destruction of the human race.
(b) Amusement at the horror the audience would feel, seeing him drink blood.
(c) The joy of making music and performing, of feeling human.
(d) Excitement at the prospect of a battle with other vampires.
4. What causes Akasha to wake up?
(a) A very strong earthquake.
(b) Enkil's snoring.
(c) A sudden electrical malfunction.
(d) Lestat's music.
5. What is Talamasca?
(a) A secret society of vampires.
(b) The code name for gaining entry in the Sonoma compound.
(c) An Italian restaurant in London with a back bar for vampires.
(d) A secret organization dedicated to investigating supernatural and paranormal incidents.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the Queen do just before getting to the concert hall?
2. Lestat's concert took place in what city?
3. What is Armand's real motivation for making Daniel a vampire?
4. What does the archeologist tell his patron when she arrives in Rio?
5. What is a legend?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Jesse notice about Maharet and Mael that at first leads her to think of them as "different" and eventually to realize that they are vampires?
2. Is there any reason or purpose to the fact that Khayman has regained consciousness at the same time as Akasha? What is it? Is there a literary term that could be applied to Khayman's questioning?
3. In Chapter 4, The Story of Daniel, what point does the author make about how many vampires decide to take a particular action that doesn't seem to make sense?
4. How does Akasha mock Marius when she awakens?
5. How does Khayman feel when he wakes up (besides hungry)? How does this feeling tie in with one of the themes of the book?
6. Does the archeologist's daughter really understand what her father has spent his life studying?
7. Who is Lestat and what was his role in the second book of the Chronicles of the Vampire?
8. During the concert, Jesse throws herself against Lestat and wraps her arms around him. Why does she feel the need to touch him, and what does she learn from the experience?
9. What happens to Daniel after ten years, when Armand doesn't make him a vampire?
10. Why doesn't Pandora like to fly, even though she can?
This section contains 1,025 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)