Mid-Book Test - Medium
|Name: _____________________________||Period: ___________________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the message Lestat telepathically passes to Jesse when he kisses her during the concert?
(a) That he is staying at the Four Seasons, Room 713.
(b) That he is evil, as she has always known.
(c) That all vampires are about to die.
(d) That she could live forever, if she only says the word.
2. What is the clue that the archeologist scrawls on a piece of paper as he dies?
(a) "Twins ate their mother's heart."
(b) "In the jungles--walking."
(c) "Rubies are buried beneath the cave paintings."
(d) "Beware the blood of a red-haired woman."
3. One of the cave paintings depicted the twins handing over a treasure. Where was this cave located?
4. What color is Jesse's hair?
5. Where is Pandora headed when the reader first sees her?
(a) Into the jungles of Peru, looking for the cave paintings.
(b) Into Miami, to join the nightclub scene.
(c) Into Sonoma valley, looking for her coven of vampires.
(d) Into the Himalayas, to Azim's temple.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Jesse find in New Orleans?
2. How do Armand and Daniel meet?
3. In what period of time does the "Queen of the Damned" take place?
4. As Jesse is dying, what vision does she see?
5. Who was Akasha in a past life?
Short Essay Questions
1. When Khayman, before the concert, gets up to move closer to another vampire, the narrator says: "He would be near to one of these two...That's what he had wanted in Athens...To be near another like himself. To speak, to touch...something." What theme does this passage illustrate?
2. Once the twins are back in their cell, what does Amel tell them about himself?
3. Who was keeping Akasha still on the throne and what does she do to that person?
4. What is one of the primary purposes of the Prologue of <i>The Queen of the Damned</i>? Why is that important?
5. During the concert, Jesse throws herself against Lestat and wraps her arms around him. Why does she feel the need to touch him, and what does she learn from the experience?
6. What happens in Lestat's music video, which Marius sees in a television store window?
7. Why does Khayman hate Akasha?
8. What does Lestat ask David Talbot of the Telamasca and why is Talbot's answer so important?
9. Why is Akasha so intent on questioning the twins and, through them, the spirits? What does she hopes to gain?
10. Who is Lestat and what was his role in the second book of the <i>Chronicles of the Vampire</i>?
This section contains 947 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)