|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What realization does Khayman come to even before the concert begins?
(a) Talamasca is the financial promoter of the concert and is actually filming a documentary on vampires.
(b) Mortal fans can sense the presence of the blood-drinkers at the concert.
(c) Jesse is Maharet's mortal child, is a member of Talamasca, and is in danger.
(d) That he is way too old to attend a modern concert, with all the noise and light.
2. Who made Pandora?
3. How is Lestat's character described?
(a) Shy, but likes to sing karaoke.
(b) Well-dressed and good at keeping secrets.
(c) Thirsty for fame and adoration.
(d) Unlikely to draw attention to himself.
4. What was Lestat's ambition as a young man?
(a) To write music with Bach as his teacher.
(b) To become an actor in Paris.
(c) To attend medical school in Berlin.
(d) To study art at the Sorbonne.
5. What is the message Lestat telepathically passes to Jesse when he kisses her during the concert?
(a) That he is evil, as she has always known.
(b) That she could live forever, if she only says the word.
(c) That all vampires are about to die.
(d) That he is staying at the Four Seasons, Room 713.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the Great Family?
2. What is a legend?
3. Lestat's concert took place in what city?
4. What is special or different about Claudia?
5. What is Daniel doing when he meets Armand?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is Jesse's first reaction when David Talbot asked her to investigate the veracity of Interview with the Vampire?
2. Why doesn't Pandora like to fly, even though she can?
3. How does Khayman feel when he wakes up (besides hungry)? How does this feeling tie in with one of the themes of the book?
4. Why does Khayman hate Akasha?
5. Did Jesse feel more loyalty to the Great Family or to Talamasca?
6. What was one of the most fascinating aspects of Maharet's house for Jesse?
7. In Chapter 4, The Story of Daniel, what point does the author make about how many vampires decide to take a particular action that doesn't seem to make sense?
8. How are Khayman and Akasha related in terms of age and power? What do these factors mean in terms of their modern-day relationship?
9. What additional information is added by the discovery of the second set of cave paintings?
10. Mael is at Lestat's concert. What is he doing there and who sent him? Who volunteers to be his ally?
This section contains 849 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)