|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is a legend?
(a) An old adverstising slogan for mink coats: "What becomes a legend most?"
(b) A fairy tale that doesn't end "happily ever after."
(c) A handsome man with a history of dangerous adventures all over the world.
(d) An ancient story with historic roots that takes on symbolic or moral meaning.
2. Who surprises Khayman by showing up at the concert?
(a) Danielle Steele, because she lives nearby.
(b) David Talbot and another member of the Talamasca; they are looking for Jesse.
(c) Maharet and Miriam, the ghost of Jesse's mortal mother.
(d) Baby Jenks and the survivor of the St. Louis coven house.
3. What is Marius' job?
(a) Lobbying for research funds to cure anemia.
(b) Assisting newly made vampires in adjusting to the transformation.
(c) Roadie in Lestat's band.
(d) Watching over Akasha and Enkil.
4. How do Armand and Daniel meet?
(a) Armand finds Daniel snooping around New Orleans, looking for vampires.
(b) Lestat introduces them.
(c) Through an internet dating site called vHarmony.
(d) Armand was the college roommate of one of Daniel's friends.
5. In what period of time does the "Queen of the Damned" take place?
(a) A month.
(b) A decade.
(c) Ten days.
(d) Two hours.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Maharet do when she discovers Mael "kissing" Jesse.
2. What is Daniel doing when he meets Armand?
3. How is Lestat's character described?
4. What is special or different about Claudia?
5. What happened to Jesse's parents?
Short Essay Questions
1. Mael is at Lestat's concert. What is he doing there and who sent him? Who volunteers to be his ally?
2. Is there any reason or purpose to the fact that Khayman has regained consciousness at the same time as Akasha? What is it? Is there a literary term that could be applied to Khayman's questioning?
3. What has Marius done to entertain Akasha and Enkil over the centuries?
4. Why does Khayman hate Akasha?
5. What, if any, clues are there in Part 1, Chapter 1, The Legend of the Twins that links the Legend of the Twins to the world of the vampires?
6. What happens in Lestat's music video, which Marius sees in a television store window?
7. How did Baby Jenks become a vampire?
8. What was one of the most fascinating aspects of Maharet's house for Jesse?
9. In Chapter 4, The Story of Daniel, what point does the author make about how many vampires decide to take a particular action that doesn't seem to make sense?
10. What is Jesse's first reaction when David Talbot asked her to investigate the veracity of Interview with the Vampire?
This section contains 865 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)