|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What do Armand and Daniel do after becoming a couple?
(a) Take a world cruise, on which Armand drinks the blood of rich women and Daniel takes their money.
(b) Move to New York and go broke when the stock market crashes.
(c) Get rich and buy a private island offshore from Miami.
(d) Settle in Paris and open an exclusive cooking school.
2. What revelation does the archeologist have on his deathbed?
(a) That his daughter is a vampire, the descendant of the twins.
(b) He believes that his dreams have finally revealed what happened to the twins.
(c) He finally recognizes that his benefactress was in love with him and wished to marry.
(d) He realizes he wasted his life chasing an unimportant event.
3. What does Baby Jenks see, looking down as she dies?
(a) A glistening spider, spinning a silver thread.
(b) A white figure resembling a statue of the Virgin Mary.
(c) St. Peter, casting a deadly net around the world.
(d) Satan, with a sword of fire.
4. What does Akasha do when she awakens?
(a) Vows to establish unity between Lestat and his critics.
(b) Stretches, to get the kinks out after 6,000 years of not moving a muscle.
(c) Hacks into the city's computer system as a demonstration of power.
(d) Kills her husband, by turning him to glass.
5. Faced with the idea that he might be hunted down and killed, how or what does Lestat feel?
(a) The need to go to church.
(b) Somewhat excited.
(c) Like he might faint.
(d) Deathly afraid.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the clue that the archeologist scrawls on a piece of paper as he dies?
2. What does the archeologist discover?
3. What surrounds Baby Jenks as she dies?
4. What does Akasha say to Marius just before she pushes him?
5. What color is Jesse's hair?
Short Essay Questions
1. Akasha tells Lestat why she loves him. What does she say?
2. Why is Lestat writing yet another book, even though it is against the rules and Khayman advises against it?
3. Akasha commands Lestat to kill in her name, starting with male acolytes at Azim's temple. What is his reaction to the order?
4. What is the point of view of the prologue. Does the reader know if this will continue throughout the book?
5. How does Lestat feel about the events that led to him becoming a vampire?
6. What is one of the primary purposes of the Prologue of <i>The Queen of the Damned</i>? Why is that important?
7. How does Akasha mock Marius when she awakens?
8. What additional information is added by the discovery of the second set of cave paintings?
9. How does Khayman feel when he wakes up (besides hungry)? How does this feeling tie in with one of the themes of the book?
10. In Chapter 4, The Story of Daniel, what point does the author make about how many vampires decide to take a particular action that doesn't seem to make sense?
This section contains 988 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)