|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Marius call Lestat?
(a) Prince Changeling.
(b) The Devil We Know.
(c) The Brat Prince.
(d) The Marble Prince.
2. What does Daniel have to do to avoid being killed by Armand?
(a) Keep Armand amused by trying, over and over, to escape.
(b) Drink the blood of the first blonde he meets on Saturday night.
(c) Convert three houses New Orleans townhouses into an exclusive vampire retreat called The Night Club.
(d) Give up trying to become a vampire.
3. What realization does Khayman come to even before the concert begins?
(a) Mortal fans can sense the presence of the blood-drinkers at the concert.
(b) That he is way too old to attend a modern concert, with all the noise and light.
(c) Talamasca is the financial promoter of the concert and is actually filming a documentary on vampires.
(d) Jesse is Maharet's mortal child, is a member of Talamasca, and is in danger.
4. Who is the original vampire?
(c) Baby Jenks
5. What is the clue that the archeologist scrawls on a piece of paper as he dies?
(a) "Rubies are buried beneath the cave paintings."
(b) "In the jungles--walking."
(c) "Twins ate their mother's heart."
(d) "Beware the blood of a red-haired woman."
Short Answer Questions
1. Which of these skills are typical of vampires?
2. Who causes the coven house to explode when Khayman visits?
3. What has Baby Jenks seen while searching for the Fang Gang?
4. What does Pandora do after leaving Azim?
5. What color is Jesse's hair?
Short Essay Questions
1. Does the archeologist's daughter really understand what her father has spent his life studying?
2. When Khayman, before the concert, gets up to move closer to another vampire, the narrator says: "He would be near to one of these two...That's what he had wanted in Athens...To be near another like himself. To speak, to touch...something." What theme does this passage illustrate?
3. Is there any reason or purpose to the fact that Khayman has regained consciousness at the same time as Akasha? What is it? Is there a literary term that could be applied to Khayman's questioning?
4. Mael is at Lestat's concert. What is he doing there and who sent him? Who volunteers to be his ally?
5. What is Armand's dilemma in deciding whether to make Daniel a vampire?
6. What seems to be happening in the first cave paintings of the twins?
7. Why doesn't Pandora like to fly, even though she can?
8. Why is Pandora so worried about Marius?
9. Did Jesse feel more loyalty to the Great Family or to Talamasca?
10. What, if any, clues are there in Part 1, Chapter 1, The Legend of the Twins that links the Legend of the Twins to the world of the vampires?
This section contains 964 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)