|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who summarizes the two previous books in the prologue?
(a) The Queen of the Damned.
2. Who surprises Khayman by showing up at the concert?
(a) David Talbot and another member of the Talamasca; they are looking for Jesse.
(b) Maharet and Miriam, the ghost of Jesse's mortal mother.
(c) Baby Jenks and the survivor of the St. Louis coven house.
(d) Danielle Steele, because she lives nearby.
3. Identify one of Armand's major fears.
(a) A Category 5 hurricane will destroy Night Island.
(b) He'll be caught robbing a blood bank.
(c) He will be alone through eternity.
(d) Daniel's mother will move to Miami.
4. What are the Himalayas?
(a) A major mountain range in Asia, containing Mt. Everest.
(b) A series of lakes in Great Britian, including Lockerbie.
(c) A singing group that chants traditional Hindu prayers.
(d) A set of symptoms suffered by vampires who don't drink enough blood.
5. What does Pandora remember most vividly about feeding on a human's blood?
(a) The slightly spicy taste of blood.
(b) The momentary union with another soul.
(c) The pounding of a heart as she squeezes it into her mouth.
(d) The way it makes her sleepy and peaceful for at least a week afterwards.
Short Answer Questions
1. One of the cave paintings depicted the twins handing over a treasure. Where was this cave located?
2. Does Jesse recognize right away that Maharet and Mael are vampires?
3. How do Armand and Daniel meet?
4. Which of these skills are typical of vampires?
5. What happens when Khayman tries to makes friends with a trio of other vampires?
Short Essay Questions
1. Does Pandora enjoy drinking the blood of Azim's followers?
2. How does Akasha mock Marius when she awakens?
3. What additional information is added by the discovery of the second set of cave paintings?
4. What is Armand's dilemma in deciding whether to make Daniel a vampire?
5. What does the first paragraph in Part 1, Chapter 3, The Goddess Pandora tell you about Pandora? Does it give you a feeling of Pandora's attitude as well as her appearance?
6. Why do some of the vampires view their telepathic gift--the ability to read the minds of mortals and other vampires--as something of a curse?
7. How did Baby Jenks become a vampire?
8. What was one of the most fascinating aspects of Maharet's house for Jesse?
9. What, if any, clues are there in Part 1, Chapter 1, The Legend of the Twins that links the Legend of the Twins to the world of the vampires?
10. What has Marius done to entertain Akasha and Enkil over the centuries?
This section contains 923 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)