|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When do other vampires plan to kill Lestat?
(a) During final episode of "Dancing With the Stars."
(b) High noon.
(c) Christmas Eve, at midnight services.
(d) The night of his Halloween concert.
2. What is Azim's plan for dealing with the danger he feels?
(a) He plans to gather an army of old vampires and ferret out the problem.
(b) He plans to cast a telepathic dome of silence over his temple, so that it cannot be found.
(c) He plans to move to New Delhi and pass as a street beggar.
(d) He plans to ignore and continue his lifestyle.
3. One of the cave paintings depicted the twins handing over a treasure. Where was this cave located?
4. Why does Maharet decide, despite her earlier reluctance, to make Jesse into one of the undead?
(a) She makes her undead out of anger that Jesse has disobeyed her and gone to the concert.
(b) Because Jesse is so badly injured, she is going to die.
(c) She has taken some bad acid at the concert and isn't thinking straight.
(d) She realizes she is going to need all the allies she could get in the coming crisis.
5. What is Lestat's reaction when he realizes something or someone is preventing him from the attacking crowd?
(a) He is miserable because he never intended to cause so much trouble.
(b) He doesn't really care; he is used to being taken care of.
(c) He is in a rage because he has been robbed of his hoped-for battle.
(d) He is grateful; he hadn't realized he had stirred up so much hate.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Daniel get involved in the vampire world?
2. What does Pandora do after leaving Azim?
3. Why is it important that Akasha and Enkil not be destroyed?
4. Which of Lestat's songs does Baby Jenks like best?
5. What does Talamasca ask Jesse to investigate?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is Armand's dilemma in deciding whether to make Daniel a vampire?
2. In Chapter 4, The Story of Daniel, what point does the author make about how many vampires decide to take a particular action that doesn't seem to make sense?
3. What happens to Daniel after ten years, when Armand doesn't make him a vampire?
4. Who is Lestat and what was his role in the second book of the Chronicles of the Vampire?
5. Why doesn't Pandora like to fly, even though she can?
6. What is one of the primary purposes of the Prologue of The Queen of the Damned? Why is that important?
7. What seems to be happening in the first cave paintings of the twins?
8. What does the first paragraph in Part 1, Chapter 3, The Goddess Pandora tell you about Pandora? Does it give you a feeling of Pandora's attitude as well as her appearance?
9. Does the archeologist's daughter really understand what her father has spent his life studying?
10. Did Jesse feel more loyalty to the Great Family or to Talamasca?
This section contains 1,044 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)