|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who surprises Khayman by showing up at the concert?
(a) Baby Jenks and the survivor of the St. Louis coven house.
(b) David Talbot and another member of the Talamasca; they are looking for Jesse.
(c) Maharet and Miriam, the ghost of Jesse's mortal mother.
(d) Danielle Steele, because she lives nearby.
2. How old are the cave paintings that tell the Legend of the Twins?
(a) At least 6,000 years.
(b) 12,000 years.
(c) No one knows for sure.
(d) They are fakes, created in 1966.
3. Identify one of Armand's major fears.
(a) Daniel's mother will move to Miami.
(b) He'll be caught robbing a blood bank.
(c) A Category 5 hurricane will destroy Night Island.
(d) He will be alone through eternity.
4. How does Azim feel about his life as a vampire?
(a) He is indifferent, but resigned to fulfilling his need for blood.
(b) He longs every day to be human and mortal.
(c) He revels in it and participates completely.
(d) He is disgusted at himself.
5. What does Maharet do when she discovers Mael "kissing" Jesse.
(a) Maharet cries and throws a tantrum.
(b) Maharet lures Mael away with an offer of food and wine.
(c) Maharet hits Mael, sending Mael flying into the air.
(d) Maharet ignores the situation.
Short Answer Questions
1. How long have Akasha and Enkil been dormant?
2. What happens when Akasha and Khayman see one another?
3. What is the subject of the cave drawings?
4. What revelation does the archeologist have on his deathbed?
5. What does Khayman do as he sees the Queen streak in from the forest, grab Lestat, and fly away with him in her arms?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why doesn't Pandora like to fly, even though she can?
2. Who is Lestat and what was his role in the second book of the Chronicles of the Vampire?
3. Does Pandora enjoy drinking the blood of Azim's followers?
4. What is one of the primary purposes of the Prologue of The Queen of the Damned? Why is that important?
5. What, if any, clues are there in Part 1, Chapter 1, The Legend of the Twins that links the Legend of the Twins to the world of the vampires?
6. Why is Pandora so worried about Marius?
7. What happens in Lestat's music video, which Marius sees in a television store window?
8. Is there any reason or purpose to the fact that Khayman has regained consciousness at the same time as Akasha? What is it? Is there a literary term that could be applied to Khayman's questioning?
9. What is Armand's dilemma in deciding whether to make Daniel a vampire?
10. The prologue gives Lestat the opportunity to talk about himself and therefore to establish his character. What does the reader learn about Lestat?
This section contains 1,036 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)