|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Pandora do after leaving Azim?
(a) She becomes determined to learn more about the red-haired twins.
(b) She flies into the night, looking for Marius in the frozen north of the New World.
(c) She decides to destroy herself, one way or another, and escape her fate.
(d) She writes Marius a note, thanking him for her hospitality.
2. What is Talamasca?
(a) A secret society of vampires.
(b) A secret organization dedicated to investigating supernatural and paranormal incidents.
(c) An Italian restaurant in London with a back bar for vampires.
(d) The code name for gaining entry in the Sonoma compound.
3. What is Mael's theory regarding the Queen's motives in killing most vampires but allowing some to live?
(a) He thinks she plans to restock the vampire community with those of the purest blood.
(b) He believes those spared are being saved to be sacrificed later in a beach ritual south of San Francisco.
(c) He believes she spares only those loved by Lestat.
(d) He speculates that the survivors have been immunized against fire, and the Queen is unable to kill them.
4. What is the clue that the archeologist scrawls on a piece of paper as he dies?
(a) "In the jungles--walking."
(b) "Rubies are buried beneath the cave paintings."
(c) "Beware the blood of a red-haired woman."
(d) "Twins ate their mother's heart."
5. What does Lestat hope will happen at the concert?
(a) That his album will go platinum and he will buy Neverland Ranch.
(b) That mortals will recognize him as evil and want to destroy him.
(c) That other vampires will follow his lead and reveal themselves to humans.
(d) That his mother will meet a suitable vampire of her own age and get her own apartment.
Short Answer Questions
1. In the beginning of Part 1, Chapter 5, what does Khayman know about his past?
2. Who pays for the archeologist's research?
3. What does Talamasca ask Jesse to investigate?
4. What are the red-haired twins eating in Daniel's visionary dream about them?
5. What does Baby Jenks see, looking down as she dies?
Short Essay Questions
1. During the concert, Jesse throws herself against Lestat and wraps her arms around him. Why does she feel the need to touch him, and what does she learn from the experience?
2. How does Akasha mock Marius when she awakens?
3. Are there other factors besides love in the reunion of Daniel and Armand?
4. Mael is at Lestat's concert. What is he doing there and who sent him? Who volunteers to be his ally?
5. Is Killer a good teacher for a new vampire? Why or why not?
6. Did Jesse feel more loyalty to the Great Family or to Talamasca?
7. The prologue gives Lestat the opportunity to talk about himself and therefore to establish his character. What does the reader learn about Lestat?
8. How does Khayman feel when he wakes up (besides hungry)? How does this feeling tie in with one of the themes of the book?
9. What is one of the primary purposes of the Prologue of The Queen of the Damned? Why is that important?
10. What was one of the most fascinating aspects of Maharet's house for Jesse?
This section contains 1,051 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)