|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Marius' job?
(a) Lobbying for research funds to cure anemia.
(b) Watching over Akasha and Enkil.
(c) Roadie in Lestat's band.
(d) Assisting newly made vampires in adjusting to the transformation.
2. What happened to Jesse's parents?
(a) They abandoned her at a hospital.
(b) They were killed by vampires.
(c) They died in a car crash.
(d) They time-traveled to another universe.
3. What is Mael's theory regarding the Queen's motives in killing most vampires but allowing some to live?
(a) He believes she spares only those loved by Lestat.
(b) He thinks she plans to restock the vampire community with those of the purest blood.
(c) He believes those spared are being saved to be sacrificed later in a beach ritual south of San Francisco.
(d) He speculates that the survivors have been immunized against fire, and the Queen is unable to kill them.
4. Does Jesse recognize right away that Maharet and Mael are vampires?
(a) No, but she notes their odd habits and appearance.
(b) No, she doesn't have a clue and believes them to be old hippies.
(c) Yes, because Maharet told her once in a letter.
(d) Yes, she can tell right away by their skin color.
5. What are the red-haired twins eating in Daniel's visionary dream about them?
(a) A vegetarian feast of grilled vegetables and polenta.
(b) The leg of a lioness.
(c) Their grandmother.
(d) Their mother's heart and brain.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Baby Jenks think her mother was a fool?
2. What does the red-haired woman in Khayman's dream eat?
3. Who was Akasha in a past life?
4. What is Jesse's odd trait while growing up?
5. What does Khayman do as he sees the Queen streak in from the forest, grab Lestat, and fly away with him in her arms?
Short Essay Questions
1. In Chapter 4, The Story of Daniel, what point does the author make about how many vampires decide to take a particular action that doesn't seem to make sense?
2. How does Akasha mock Marius when she awakens?
3. What is one of the primary purposes of the Prologue of The Queen of the Damned? Why is that important?
4. When Khayman, before the concert, gets up to move closer to another vampire, the narrator says: "He would be near to one of these two...That's what he had wanted in Athens...To be near another like himself. To speak, to touch...something." What theme does this passage illustrate?
5. What happens to Daniel after ten years, when Armand doesn't make him a vampire?
6. How are Khayman and Akasha related in terms of age and power? What do these factors mean in terms of their modern-day relationship?
7. What happens in Lestat's music video, which Marius sees in a television store window?
8. During the concert, Jesse throws herself against Lestat and wraps her arms around him. Why does she feel the need to touch him, and what does she learn from the experience?
9. How does Khayman feel when he wakes up (besides hungry)? How does this feeling tie in with one of the themes of the book?
10. What was one of the most fascinating aspects of Maharet's house for Jesse?
This section contains 1,043 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)