|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the archeologist tell his patron when she arrives in Rio?
(a) Nothing, he realizes she was a vampire with evil intent.
(b) That the twins are still alive, imprisoned in the jungle.
(c) That she would live forever, if she could find the twins' ruby.
(d) Nothing, he has already died.
2. In what period of time does the "Queen of the Damned" take place?
(a) A decade.
(b) Ten days.
(c) Two hours.
(d) A month.
3. What are <i>The Vampire Chronicles</i>?
(a) The history of giants of the newspaper industry.
(b) The on-going exploits at a school for dentistry.
(c) The saga of modern-day vampires fighting to save the human race.
(d) A band that got its start at Six Flags.
4. How is Enkil related to Akasha?
(a) Enkil is Akasha's son.
(b) Enkil doesn't know Akasha.
(c) Enkil is Akasha's husband.
(d) Enkil creates Akasha.
5. What is Azim's plan for dealing with the danger he feels?
(a) He plans to move to New Delhi and pass as a street beggar.
(b) He plans to cast a telepathic dome of silence over his temple, so that it cannot be found.
(c) He plans to gather an army of old vampires and ferret out the problem.
(d) He plans to ignore and continue his lifestyle.
Short Answer Questions
1. How old are the cave paintings that tell the Legend of the Twins?
2. In the beginning of Part 1, Chapter 5, what does Khayman know about his past?
3. What is Armand's real motivation for making Daniel a vampire?
4. Which of Lestat's songs does Baby Jenks like best?
5. Why is it important that Akasha and Enkil not be destroyed?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe Lestat's feelings as he watches Akasha's plan unfolding.
2. Did Jesse feel more loyalty to the Great Family or to Talamasca?
3. Akasha wants 99 percent of male humans killed, reasoning that a world ruled by women will be more peaceful than the world under the rule of men. What is the irony of that plan?
4. Maharet has searched for her twin for 6,000 years. What clues or proof has she had over that time that Mekare is alive?
5. The prologue gives Lestat the opportunity to talk about himself and therefore to establish his character. What does the reader learn about Lestat?
6. During the concert, Jesse throws herself against Lestat and wraps her arms around him. Why does she feel the need to touch him, and what does she learn from the experience?
7. What is Armand's dilemma in deciding whether to make Daniel a vampire?
8. What is one of the primary purposes of the Prologue of <i>The Queen of the Damned</i>? Why is that important?
9. What does Jesse notice about Maharet and Mael that at first leads her to think of them as "different" and eventually to realize that they are vampires?
10. Marius suggests that Akasha postpone her plans until she can see that humans are evolving toward peace on their own. What is Akasha's response?
This section contains 1,063 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)