|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What revelation does the archeologist have on his deathbed?
(a) That his daughter is a vampire, the descendant of the twins.
(b) He realizes he wasted his life chasing an unimportant event.
(c) He finally recognizes that his benefactress was in love with him and wished to marry.
(d) He believes that his dreams have finally revealed what happened to the twins.
2. Identify one of Armand's major fears.
(a) A Category 5 hurricane will destroy Night Island.
(b) Daniel's mother will move to Miami.
(c) He will be alone through eternity.
(d) He'll be caught robbing a blood bank.
3. What emotion does Lestat look forward to feeling during his concert?
(a) The joy of making music and performing, of feeling human.
(b) Amusement at the horror the audience would feel, seeing him drink blood.
(c) Sorrow for the destruction of the human race.
(d) Excitement at the prospect of a battle with other vampires.
4. What is a legend?
(a) A fairy tale that doesn't end "happily ever after."
(b) A handsome man with a history of dangerous adventures all over the world.
(c) An old adverstising slogan for mink coats: "What becomes a legend most?"
(d) An ancient story with historic roots that takes on symbolic or moral meaning.
5. What is Armand's real motivation for making Daniel a vampire?
(a) The massacres of vampires around the world.
(b) Lestat tells Armand that if Armand won't do it, Lestat will.
(c) There is nothing else to eat in the house.
(d) Armand's own fear of being alone and lonely throughout eternity.
Short Answer Questions
1. What happens to vampires as they age?
2. What causes Akasha to wake up?
3. Who causes the coven house to explode when Khayman visits?
4. What does the archeologist tell his patron when she arrives in Rio?
5. How does Lestat pass for human?
Short Essay Questions
1. What additional information is added by the discovery of the second set of cave paintings?
2. Did Jesse feel more loyalty to the Great Family or to Talamasca?
3. During the concert, Jesse throws herself against Lestat and wraps her arms around him. Why does she feel the need to touch him, and what does she learn from the experience?
4. Why does Baby Jenks dislike her mother?
5. Akasha tells Lestat why she loves him. What does she say?
6. How did Baby Jenks become a vampire?
7. What is Armand's dilemma in deciding whether to make Daniel a vampire?
8. Describe Lestat's feelings as he watches Akasha's plan unfolding.
9. Lestat is very reluctant to cooperate with Akasha's plan and tries to talk her out of it. What is it about him that attracts her, even though she can't control him?
10. Akasha wants 99 percent of male humans killed, reasoning that a world ruled by women will be more peaceful than the world under the rule of men. What is the irony of that plan?
This section contains 972 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)