|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the disagreement between Lestat and Akasha?
(a) Akasha wants to make all women into vampires; Lestat prefers that men only be made.
(b) Lestat wants Chinese for dinner; Akasha insists on Greek.
(c) Lestat is all for killing as many men as possible; Akasha protests that only a few should be killed.
(d) Lestat is against killing the men; Akasha insists it will eventually bring world peace.
2. Akasha knows something about Lestat's nature. What is it?
(a) He has attention deficit disorder.
(b) He is a compulsive overeater.
(c) He is argumentative.
(d) He cannot obey anyone for very long.
3. How do Akasha and Lestat get to their first destination?
(a) Being exercise enthusiasts, they hike and bike as much as possible.
(b) They project themselves there, using telepathy.
(c) They charter a Lear jet; Akasha has her pilot's license.
(d) They fly; Akasha has Lestat carry her.
4. How does Lestat feel about killing for Akasha?
(a) Uneasy and reluctant.
(b) Hesitant, but willing.
(c) Ready, willing, and able.
(d) Nervous and excited.
5. What argument is made regarding mortals in hopes of stalling Akasha's plan?
(a) The human soul and race are evolving on their own toward a peaceful world.
(b) The vampires should take time and develop less violent means of killing the men.
(c) She's been asleep so long, she's lost touch with reality.
(d) Given enough time, human males will eradicate themselves through violence.
6. Which part of their mother's body does Mekare and Mahareta believe is most significant?
(a) The liver.
(b) The brain.
(c) The heart.
(d) The tongue.
7. What is the reaction of Akasha and Enkil to their transformation?
8. What does Akasha shout as her first victim burns?
(a) "You fool! I was born before you and I'll live long after you've perished."
(b) "I warned you I would return with a vengence!"
(c) "You'll never savor the warm taste of blood again, you monster!"
(d) "Die, damnable one! Go into the pit of perdition!"
9. Which god does Akasha represent to her subjects?
(b) Louis XIII.
10. What does Akasha want from Lestat, as she is taking him from place to place to see the poor and downtrodden?
(a) She wants his body, heart, and soul.
(b) She wants him to act like a man and take care of her.
(c) She wants him to die with her in a flaming pyre.
(d) She wants him to believe in her and become like her.
11. What has Lestat become, as he and Akasha leave Greece?
(a) The embodiment of evil in the eyes of mortals.
(b) The last, best hope of mankind.
(c) A wealthy potentate, dressed in silks and fine leather.
(d) A man-child, powerless around women.
12. Why does Khayman want the twins to become vampires?
(a) Misery loves company.
(b) One is a lonely number, three is a party.
(c) He, too, is an evil spirit and wants to debauch others.
(d) He needs help fighting Akasha and Enkil.
13. What does Lestat do at Akasha's command and under the influence of her blood?
(a) He slaughters dozens of men mindlessly, taking pleasure in their deathsl
(b) He causes the mountain to erupt as a volcano, killing all inhabitants.
(c) He dismembers the blood king and eats his heart and brain.
(d) He bars the front gates and traps the women, so they could be killed.
14. What is Akasha's response when Lestat demands they go to his friends?
(a) She calls for the bellman.
(b) She laughs hysterically.
(c) She kisses him passionately.
(d) She slaps him.
15. What is Lestat's reaction to the vision of Baby Jenks dying?
(a) He laughs.
(b) He curses.
(c) He cries.
(d) He frowns.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Enkil come to rule his kingdom?
2. What effect does Maharet's red hair have on Marius' mood?
3. What does Lestat do inadvertently to his watch and purposefully to a mirror?
4. What skill does Lestat gain when he is with Akasha?
5. What sort of creatures are Mekare, Maharet, and their mother?
This section contains 774 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)