|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the only solution the twins can offer Akasha and Enkil to end their torment?
(a) Seek the advice of a shaman to be found in the jungles of Peru.
(b) Walk seven times around a fire, while the witches chant and spirits pray.
(c) Entice the spirit out with the sacrifice of 49 tender children.
(d) Commit suicide and deprive the evil spirit of their bodies.
2. What does Akasha believe will be the result of her reign?
(a) She marries Lestat in a grand ceremony.
(b) Peace on Earth.
(c) Purging fires destroy all the world's evil.
(d) Women rule all the world's countries,
3. Where had Lestat been happiest?
(a) As a singer in Paris.
(b) As a child, in the monastery.
(c) As a vampire drinking his mother's blood.
(d) As a rock star in San Francisco.
4. What has Lestat become, as he and Akasha leave Greece?
(a) A wealthy potentate, dressed in silks and fine leather.
(b) The last, best hope of mankind.
(c) The embodiment of evil in the eyes of mortals.
(d) A man-child, powerless around women.
5. How does Akasha pass time while she sits on the golden throne?
(a) She would inhabit the body of someone who walked the earth.
(b) She imagines a world without vampires.
(c) She creates complicated crossword puzzles in her mind.
(d) She practices speaking foreign languages.
6. What does Akasha want from Lestat, as she is taking him from place to place to see the poor and downtrodden?
(a) She wants him to believe in her and become like her.
(b) She wants his body, heart, and soul.
(c) She wants him to act like a man and take care of her.
(d) She wants him to die with her in a flaming pyre.
7. What finally breaks Khayman's spirit?
(a) A severed horse head under his sheets.
(b) The rotting corpse of his father, dancing at the front door.
(c) A brown bag on his doorstep, filled with excrement.
(d) A big dead fish, wrapped in newspapers.
8. What sort of creatures are Mekare, Maharet, and their mother?
(a) Blood drinkers.
(c) Evil spirits.
(d) Disco queens.
9. Which god does Akasha represent to her subjects?
(c) Louis XIII.
10. What is Lestat's reaction to the vision of Baby Jenks dying?
(a) He cries.
(b) He laughs.
(c) He frowns.
(d) He curses.
11. What does Marius wish he had done when he had the chance?
(a) Disappeared into the centuries to lead a life of debauchery.
(b) Destroyed the Queen and King and,with them, all vampires.
(c) Written down his experiences and made them into a blockbuster movie.
(d) Danced and made merry, without the worry of keeping the Queen and King.
12. Lestat describes being "blanketed in succulent human flesh." How does he respond?
(a) He sends the women away without feeding on them.
(b) He takes them all to the Plaka and buys a round of drinks.
(c) He murders them and flees the room.
(d) He succumbs to the pleasures of their necks.
13. What was Lestat's childhood ambition?
(a) To become a vampire.
(b) To become a priest and do good.
(c) To rule the countryside from his father's castle.
(d) To become the most famous wolf-slayer in France.
14. Why does Khayman want the twins to become vampires?
(a) He, too, is an evil spirit and wants to debauch others.
(b) He needs help fighting Akasha and Enkil.
(c) Misery loves company.
(d) One is a lonely number, three is a party.
15. Who or what mortally wounded Akasha and Enkil when they were humans?
(a) A falling marble pillar, rocked from its foundation in an earthquake.
(b) An evil spirit, acting on behest of the red-haired twins.
(c) Noblemen, who wanted to be rid of the king and queen so they could return to their old traditions.
(d) Khayman, out of guilt for what they made him do to the twins.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Marius' condition when Pandora rescues him from the ice?
2. What is the reaction of Akasha and Enkil to their transformation?
3. What has Jesse seen that startles Marius?
4. How does Enkil come to rule his kingdom?
5. What secret does Khayman keep from the King and Queen after the twins return home?
This section contains 827 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)