|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Gabrielle wants to destroy Akasha for taking her son, Lestat. What does she ask Maharet about that plan?
(a) "What is the most efficient way to waste her, if I get the chance?"
(b) "If I drive a stake through her heart, will Lestat survive?"
(c) "If I destroy this monster who's taken my son, do we all die?"
(d) "Will the rest of us lose our powers if Akasha dies?"
2. What has Jesse seen that startles Marius?
(a) A ruby ring worn by the mother of the red-haired twins.
(b) The pinnacle of Mt. Everest where there is secret coven.
(c) The painting Marius made of Armand, surrounded by angels.
(d) The possibility of making a hit television series about vampires.
3. Why doesn't Akasha accept Lestat's suggestion that she just dazzle men into obedience rather than kill them?
(a) She doesn't want Lestat to think she gives any weight to his opinions.
(b) She is writing a feminist manifesto; the death of men is essential to the plot.
(c) She won't be able to control women, if the men are still around.
(d) She doesn't believe the men would ever obey her; they would die first.
4. What is Lestat's reaction to the vision of Baby Jenks dying?
(a) He cries.
(b) He curses.
(c) He laughs.
(d) He frowns.
5. Why does Khayman want the twins to become vampires?
(a) He needs help fighting Akasha and Enkil.
(b) He, too, is an evil spirit and wants to debauch others.
(c) One is a lonely number, three is a party.
(d) Misery loves company.
6. What does the spirit Amel give to Akasha?
(a) A gold bracelet that belonged to her mother.
(b) A blouse woven from the fine hair of infants.
(c) A necklace she has lost as a child.
(d) A cape which would make her invisible.
7. How do Mekare and Maharet rescue the king and queen?
(a) They don't; it is beyond their power.
(b) They burn incense; the smoke drives Amel out of the palace.
(c) They refuse to even try, out of vengence for their previous treatment.
(d) The twins bathe the royal couple in holy water and chant over them.
8. Which god does Akasha represent to her subjects?
(a) Louis XIII.
9. What is the reaction of Akasha and Enkil to their transformation?
10. Lestat describes being "blanketed in succulent human flesh." How does he respond?
(a) He sends the women away without feeding on them.
(b) He murders them and flees the room.
(c) He takes them all to the Plaka and buys a round of drinks.
(d) He succumbs to the pleasures of their necks.
11. What does Marius suggest the vampires do when they learn of the massacres committed by Akasha and Lestat?
(a) Kill Akasha.
(b) Hide from Akasha.
(c) Call 911.
(d) Join in Akasha's plan.
12. What is Armand dreaming when Akasha lets Lestat see him?
(a) A lioness stalking wild deer along the Amazon.
(b) A falcon hunting on the plains.
(c) A red-haired woman walking in the jungle.
(d) A polar bear tracking salmon.
13. What sort of creatures are Mekare, Maharet, and their mother?
(a) Blood drinkers.
(b) Evil spirits.
(c) Disco queens.
14. How does Lestat feel about killing for Akasha?
(a) Hesitant, but willing.
(b) Nervous and excited.
(c) Ready, willing, and able.
(d) Uneasy and reluctant.
15. How does Enkil come to rule his kingdom?
(a) His mother dies and there are no female realtives to ascend to the throne.
(b) Like Oedipus, he slays his father and marries his mother.
(c) The people of the Nile Valley anoint him king while he is still a child.
(d) He is chosen by lottery, as is the custom of his people.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Marahet say about Akasha?
2. What image blinks through Lestat's mind when he looks at Jesse?
3. What does Akasha say about her temperament?
4. What enemy did Lestat slay when he was mortal?
5. At the meeting of Akasha and the others, where does Lestat sit?
This section contains 774 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)