|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How do Mekare and Maharet rescue the king and queen?
(a) The twins bathe the royal couple in holy water and chant over them.
(b) They refuse to even try, out of vengence for their previous treatment.
(c) They don't; it is beyond their power.
(d) They burn incense; the smoke drives Amel out of the palace.
2. What does Marahet say about Akasha?
(a) "My loyalty is to the Queen and the rest of you are damned."
(b) "We are damned if we do kill her and damned if we don't."
(c) "She is the Queen of the Damned and the Damned can't live without her."
(d) "She has a vicious temper, but she loves us all as her children."
3. What is Marius' condition when Pandora rescues him from the ice?
(a) He is unconscious and not expected to survive.
(b) His physical injuries are healing, but he is sad and exhausted.
(c) He is a good as new, well-groomed, and eager for battle.
(d) He has many broken bones, but his spirit is exuberant.
4. Where do the remaining vampires gather?
(a) At the icy hideaway where Akasha and Enkil were kept.
(b) At the Sonoma compound, in a redwood forest.
(c) In the conference room of the Stanford University Library.
(d) At the San Francisco Hyatt Regency.
5. What does Marius suggest the vampires do when they learn of the massacres committed by Akasha and Lestat?
(a) Hide from Akasha.
(b) Join in Akasha's plan.
(c) Kill Akasha.
(d) Call 911.
6. How do Akasha and Lestat get to their first destination?
(a) They project themselves there, using telepathy.
(b) They charter a Lear jet; Akasha has her pilot's license.
(c) They fly; Akasha has Lestat carry her.
(d) Being exercise enthusiasts, they hike and bike as much as possible.
7. What was Lestat's childhood ambition?
(a) To rule the countryside from his father's castle.
(b) To become the most famous wolf-slayer in France.
(c) To become a priest and do good.
(d) To become a vampire.
8. Why does Khayman want the twins to become vampires?
(a) He, too, is an evil spirit and wants to debauch others.
(b) One is a lonely number, three is a party.
(c) He needs help fighting Akasha and Enkil.
(d) Misery loves company.
9. What has Jesse seen that startles Marius?
(a) A ruby ring worn by the mother of the red-haired twins.
(b) The pinnacle of Mt. Everest where there is secret coven.
(c) The possibility of making a hit television series about vampires.
(d) The painting Marius made of Armand, surrounded by angels.
10. What does Akasha want from Lestat, as she is taking him from place to place to see the poor and downtrodden?
(a) She wants him to believe in her and become like her.
(b) She wants his body, heart, and soul.
(c) She wants him to die with her in a flaming pyre.
(d) She wants him to act like a man and take care of her.
11. What image blinks through Lestat's mind when he looks at Jesse?
(a) A mud-covered woman striding through the forest.
(b) Two red-haired women with the body of their mother.
(c) Black crows plucking out the eyes of a witch.
(d) A witch melting, melting...into a puddle of water.
12. What is the threat made against Akasha by one of the twins?
(a) Akasha's heart will be set afire and eaten, creating a dessert called baked Akasha.
(b) Vast Egyptian armies will surround Akasha with fire, so she will die slowly.
(c) A man named Dracula will drive a stake through Akasha's heart, killing her.
(d) She will strike Akasha down, even if it means rising from the dead.
13. Who is the first vampire at the meeting to raise objections to Akasha's plan?
14. What enemy did Lestat slay when he was mortal?
(a) The Three Musketeers.
(b) Maurading bears.
(d) Highway robbers.
15. How does Enkil come to rule his kingdom?
(a) He is chosen by lottery, as is the custom of his people.
(b) Like Oedipus, he slays his father and marries his mother.
(c) The people of the Nile Valley anoint him king while he is still a child.
(d) His mother dies and there are no female realtives to ascend to the throne.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where do Lestat and Akasha go after putting their plan into effect in Greece?
2. What has Lestat become, as he and Akasha leave Greece?
3. What effect does Maharet's red hair have on Marius' mood?
4. Why doesn't Akasha accept Lestat's suggestion that she just dazzle men into obedience rather than kill them?
5. Why is Marius so anxious to see Armando?
This section contains 893 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)