|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which god does Akasha represent to her subjects?
(d) Louis XIII.
2. Where had Lestat been happiest?
(a) As a child, in the monastery.
(b) As a singer in Paris.
(c) As a rock star in San Francisco.
(d) As a vampire drinking his mother's blood.
3. What does Lestat do inadvertently to his watch and purposefully to a mirror?
(a) Breaks them with the power of his mind.
(b) Gives them to a beggar below the balcony of his room.
(c) Smashes them with his boot.
(d) Makes them burst into flames with the power of his mind.
4. What does Marius suggest the vampires do when they learn of the massacres committed by Akasha and Lestat?
(a) Hide from Akasha.
(b) Call 911.
(c) Kill Akasha.
(d) Join in Akasha's plan.
5. What has Jesse seen that startles Marius?
(a) The pinnacle of Mt. Everest where there is secret coven.
(b) A ruby ring worn by the mother of the red-haired twins.
(c) The painting Marius made of Armand, surrounded by angels.
(d) The possibility of making a hit television series about vampires.
6. What sort of creatures are Mekare, Maharet, and their mother?
(a) Blood drinkers.
(b) Evil spirits.
(c) Disco queens.
7. How can the King and Queen reduce their extreme thirst for blood?
(a) By eating clay found on the banks of the Nile.
(b) By making other vampires--to dilute the thirst among them.
(c) By sleeping in an iron casket.
(d) By spiking the blood with vodka.
8. Why is Marius so anxious to see Armando?
(a) Armando borrowed a fortune from Marius in another century, and never repaid it.
(b) Armando has taken another lover and Marius wants to berate him.
(c) Marius loves him and makes Armando a vampire to preserve him forever.
(d) Marius believes Armando has the power to bring back Marius' youth.
9. Where does Akasha take Lestat after she kidnaps him from the concert.?
(a) His father's ruined castle.
(b) The Sonoma compound.
(c) The pyramids in Egypt.
(d) The old theater district in Paris.
10. Who is the first vampire at the meeting to raise objections to Akasha's plan?
11. What does Akasha say about her temperament?
(a) She has always been a ruler and doesn't intend to give it up now.
(b) She might have a temper but, deep down, her heart is soft.
(c) She knows she is strong, powerful and bold.
(d) She has matured and calmed down during the years of dormancy.
12. How do Akasha and Lestat get to their first destination?
(a) They fly; Akasha has Lestat carry her.
(b) They charter a Lear jet; Akasha has her pilot's license.
(c) They project themselves there, using telepathy.
(d) Being exercise enthusiasts, they hike and bike as much as possible.
13. What was Lestat's childhood ambition?
(a) To rule the countryside from his father's castle.
(b) To become a vampire.
(c) To become the most famous wolf-slayer in France.
(d) To become a priest and do good.
14. What finally breaks Khayman's spirit?
(a) A brown bag on his doorstep, filled with excrement.
(b) A big dead fish, wrapped in newspapers.
(c) A severed horse head under his sheets.
(d) The rotting corpse of his father, dancing at the front door.
15. Which part of their mother's body does Mekare and Mahareta believe is most significant?
(a) The brain.
(b) The heart.
(c) The tongue.
(d) The liver.
Short Answer Questions
1. At the meeting of Akasha and the others, where does Lestat sit?
2. How does Enkil come to rule his kingdom?
3. What does Lestat do at Akasha's command and under the influence of her blood?
4. What does Akasha shout as her first victim burns?
5. What does Akasha believe will be the result of her reign?
This section contains 751 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)