|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What skill does Lestat gain when he is with Akasha?
(a) The power to create massive storms.
(b) The ability to summon demons.
(c) The ability to fly.
(d) The power to throw lightning bolts.
2. What does Marius suggest the vampires do when they learn of the massacres committed by Akasha and Lestat?
(a) Call 911.
(b) Join in Akasha's plan.
(c) Hide from Akasha.
(d) Kill Akasha.
3. What is Akasha's response when Lestat demands they go to his friends?
(a) She kisses him passionately.
(b) She laughs hysterically.
(c) She calls for the bellman.
(d) She slaps him.
4. Why does Khayman want the twins to become vampires?
(a) He, too, is an evil spirit and wants to debauch others.
(b) Misery loves company.
(c) One is a lonely number, three is a party.
(d) He needs help fighting Akasha and Enkil.
5. Where do Lestat and Akasha go after putting their plan into effect in Greece?
(b) San Francisco
(d) Buenos Aires.
6. What does Akasha say about her temperament?
(a) She has matured and calmed down during the years of dormancy.
(b) She has always been a ruler and doesn't intend to give it up now.
(c) She might have a temper but, deep down, her heart is soft.
(d) She knows she is strong, powerful and bold.
7. How does the group of Greek women treat Lestat when he awakens?
(a) They treat him like a god, bathing, anointing, and dressing him.
(b) They act as though he hired them for entertainment.
(c) They treat him like a rock star, clamoring for his autograph and attention.
(d) They treat him like trash, berating him for the death of their brothers.
8. Who is the first vampire at the meeting to raise objections to Akasha's plan?
9. How do Akasha and Lestat get to their first destination?
(a) They project themselves there, using telepathy.
(b) Being exercise enthusiasts, they hike and bike as much as possible.
(c) They charter a Lear jet; Akasha has her pilot's license.
(d) They fly; Akasha has Lestat carry her.
10. What insight does Akasha have at the conference that both shocks and saddens her?
(a) Lestat has been seeing Jesse all along.
(b) The survivors lntend to withdraw her blood and bank it for future use.
(c) Not a single one of the survivors, not even Lestat, agrees with her vision.
(d) Every single one of the survivors is doomed to die from sun-poisoning.
11. Why do the people of Mount Carmel eat their dead?
(a) So the flesh of the dead would not rot and their souls could flourish.
(b) There is a famine in the countryside and people are starving.
(c) A neighboring tribe forces them to become cannibals.
(d) They have a taste for the tender flesh of relatives.
12. How does Enkil come to rule his kingdom?
(a) He is chosen by lottery, as is the custom of his people.
(b) His mother dies and there are no female realtives to ascend to the throne.
(c) Like Oedipus, he slays his father and marries his mother.
(d) The people of the Nile Valley anoint him king while he is still a child.
13. What are Lestat's thoughts as he falls deeper and deeper into Akasha's spell?
(a) He wishes she would drop the plan and let him take her to Paris.
(b) He knows Marius will persuade Akasha to share power with the others.
(c) He believes he can control Akasha with a little of his old charm.
(d) He is growing more excited about the plan and the prospect of being Akasha's consort.
14. What sort of creatures are Mekare, Maharet, and their mother?
(b) Disco queens.
(c) Evil spirits.
(d) Blood drinkers.
15. What does the spirit Amel give to Akasha?
(a) A cape which would make her invisible.
(b) A gold bracelet that belonged to her mother.
(c) A blouse woven from the fine hair of infants.
(d) A necklace she has lost as a child.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Lestat imbibing when he is with Akasha that gives him power and pleasure?
2. Gabrielle wants to destroy Akasha for taking her son, Lestat. What does she ask Maharet about that plan?
3. What is Akasha's only weakness?
4. What argument is made regarding mortals in hopes of stalling Akasha's plan?
5. At the meeting of Akasha and the others, where does Lestat sit?
This section contains 824 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)