|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What finally breaks Khayman's spirit?
(a) A severed horse head under his sheets.
(b) A brown bag on his doorstep, filled with excrement.
(c) A big dead fish, wrapped in newspapers.
(d) The rotting corpse of his father, dancing at the front door.
2. What is Marius' condition when Pandora rescues him from the ice?
(a) He is a good as new, well-groomed, and eager for battle.
(b) His physical injuries are healing, but he is sad and exhausted.
(c) He is unconscious and not expected to survive.
(d) He has many broken bones, but his spirit is exuberant.
3. What is the "blood god" wearing when Akasha and Lestat arrive?
(a) A Juicy Couture velour sweat suit.
(b) A suit woven of the softest cashmere.
(c) A caftan of spun gold.
(d) A black silk turban and jeweled robes.
4. Who controlls the spirits?
(a) The royal couple controlls them.
(b) The red-haired twins.
(c) Only the poorest of the poor could command them.
(d) No one, they are independent.
5. Lestat describes being "blanketed in succulent human flesh." How does he respond?
(a) He takes them all to the Plaka and buys a round of drinks.
(b) He succumbs to the pleasures of their necks.
(c) He sends the women away without feeding on them.
(d) He murders them and flees the room.
6. Why is Marius so anxious to see Armando?
(a) Marius believes Armando has the power to bring back Marius' youth.
(b) Armando has taken another lover and Marius wants to berate him.
(c) Armando borrowed a fortune from Marius in another century, and never repaid it.
(d) Marius loves him and makes Armando a vampire to preserve him forever.
7. What is Akasha's response when Lestat demands they go to his friends?
(a) She laughs hysterically.
(b) She slaps him.
(c) She kisses him passionately.
(d) She calls for the bellman.
8. What is the only solution the twins can offer Akasha and Enkil to end their torment?
(a) Entice the spirit out with the sacrifice of 49 tender children.
(b) Commit suicide and deprive the evil spirit of their bodies.
(c) Seek the advice of a shaman to be found in the jungles of Peru.
(d) Walk seven times around a fire, while the witches chant and spirits pray.
9. Who is the first vampire at the meeting to raise objections to Akasha's plan?
10. What is Lestat imbibing when he is with Akasha that gives him power and pleasure?
(a) Stolen morphine.
(b) Akasha's blood.
(c) Armand's tears.
(d) Baby Jenks' dreams.
11. What is the reaction of the other vampires as Akasha is destroyed?
(a) They race from the room.
(b) They ask for a bite of her brain and her heart.
(c) They realize they will miss her, and begin to weep.
(d) They, too, begin to die.
12. What is Akasha's only weakness?
(a) Her passion for the finest treasures of all time.
(b) Chronic anemia.
(c) She needs Lestat because she is afraid of being alone.
(d) Her inability to admit she is wrong.
13. What image blinks through Lestat's mind when he looks at Jesse?
(a) Two red-haired women with the body of their mother.
(b) A mud-covered woman striding through the forest.
(c) Black crows plucking out the eyes of a witch.
(d) A witch melting, melting...into a puddle of water.
14. What does Maharet reveal to the gathering?
(a) She tells them her twin is alive, though her whereabouts are unknown.
(b) That Akasha is, in fact, her twin.
(c) She says she has found the body of her sister in the jungle.
(d) That she, Maharet, has been sending the dreams.
15. What does Marius wish he had done when he had the chance?
(a) Written down his experiences and made them into a blockbuster movie.
(b) Danced and made merry, without the worry of keeping the Queen and King.
(c) Disappeared into the centuries to lead a life of debauchery.
(d) Destroyed the Queen and King and,with them, all vampires.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Akasha take Lestat after she kidnaps him from the concert.?
2. What effect does Maharet's red hair have on Marius' mood?
3. What secret does Khayman keep from the King and Queen after the twins return home?
4. What has Maharet been doing during the vampire catastrophes?
5. Why doesn't Akasha accept Lestat's suggestion that she just dazzle men into obedience rather than kill them?
This section contains 863 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)