|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the spirit Amel give to Akasha?
(a) A gold bracelet that belonged to her mother.
(b) A cape which would make her invisible.
(c) A necklace she has lost as a child.
(d) A blouse woven from the fine hair of infants.
2. What image blinks through Lestat's mind when he looks at Jesse?
(a) A witch melting, melting...into a puddle of water.
(b) Two red-haired women with the body of their mother.
(c) A mud-covered woman striding through the forest.
(d) Black crows plucking out the eyes of a witch.
3. How can the King and Queen reduce their extreme thirst for blood?
(a) By sleeping in an iron casket.
(b) By making other vampires--to dilute the thirst among them.
(c) By eating clay found on the banks of the Nile.
(d) By spiking the blood with vodka.
4. Which god does Akasha represent to her subjects?
(a) Louis XIII.
5. Lestat describes being "blanketed in succulent human flesh." How does he respond?
(a) He murders them and flees the room.
(b) He sends the women away without feeding on them.
(c) He succumbs to the pleasures of their necks.
(d) He takes them all to the Plaka and buys a round of drinks.
6. What is Marius' condition when Pandora rescues him from the ice?
(a) His physical injuries are healing, but he is sad and exhausted.
(b) He has many broken bones, but his spirit is exuberant.
(c) He is a good as new, well-groomed, and eager for battle.
(d) He is unconscious and not expected to survive.
7. Akasha knows something about Lestat's nature. What is it?
(a) He has attention deficit disorder.
(b) He is a compulsive overeater.
(c) He is argumentative.
(d) He cannot obey anyone for very long.
8. How does Enkil come to rule his kingdom?
(a) He is chosen by lottery, as is the custom of his people.
(b) Like Oedipus, he slays his father and marries his mother.
(c) His mother dies and there are no female realtives to ascend to the throne.
(d) The people of the Nile Valley anoint him king while he is still a child.
9. Where do Akasha and Lestat go first so she could begin her killing spree?
(a) Mao's home, overlooking the Great Wall in China.
(b) A World Cup soccer match in London.
(c) The castle of Zeus near Athens.
(d) A temple in the Himalayas.
10. What effect does Maharet's red hair have on Marius' mood?
(a) He has the urge to wrap it around him like a cloak.
(b) He is disgusted and thinks she should update the style.
(c) It makes him think of his mother.
(d) He is entranced by it momentarily and feels joyful again.
11. What does Akasha say about her temperament?
(a) She knows she is strong, powerful and bold.
(b) She has matured and calmed down during the years of dormancy.
(c) She might have a temper but, deep down, her heart is soft.
(d) She has always been a ruler and doesn't intend to give it up now.
12. What has Maharet been doing during the vampire catastrophes?
(a) She has been searching for her sister, Mekare.
(b) She has been hiding in her tomb to escape destruction.
(c) She has been consumed with protecting Jesse.
(d) She has been preparing the compound for guests, knowing they would arrive soon.
13. Where do Lestat and Akasha go after putting their plan into effect in Greece?
(a) San Francisco
(d) Buenos Aires.
14. What does Lestat do at Akasha's command and under the influence of her blood?
(a) He causes the mountain to erupt as a volcano, killing all inhabitants.
(b) He bars the front gates and traps the women, so they could be killed.
(c) He slaughters dozens of men mindlessly, taking pleasure in their deathsl
(d) He dismembers the blood king and eats his heart and brain.
15. What is the "blood god" wearing when Akasha and Lestat arrive?
(a) A Juicy Couture velour sweat suit.
(b) A black silk turban and jeweled robes.
(c) A suit woven of the softest cashmere.
(d) A caftan of spun gold.
Short Answer Questions
1. What secret does Khayman keep from the King and Queen after the twins return home?
2. Who or what mortally wounded Akasha and Enkil when they were humans?
3. What does Akasha want Lestat to do for her?
4. What is Akasha's only weakness?
5. Why doesn't Akasha accept Lestat's suggestion that she just dazzle men into obedience rather than kill them?
This section contains 904 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)