|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Marius notices that every surviving vampire has in common?
(a) Every one of them is unattractive, with lanky hair and blank eyes.
(b) They all smell the same.
(c) Each is more than six feet tall.
(d) Though "monsters," each is beautiful in his or her own way.
2. The idea that Mekare is alive and sending the dreams causes what emotions among the older vampires?
(a) Annoyance that their sleep has been so badly disturbed the past 10 nights.
(b) Joy that she is alive and apparently coming to see them.
(c) A certain dread about her purpose in sending the dreams.
(d) Apprehension that she will join ranks with their enemies.
3. What does Marius suggest the vampires do when they learn of the massacres committed by Akasha and Lestat?
(a) Call 911.
(b) Hide from Akasha.
(c) Join in Akasha's plan.
(d) Kill Akasha.
4. What does Akasha want from Lestat, as she is taking him from place to place to see the poor and downtrodden?
(a) She wants him to die with her in a flaming pyre.
(b) She wants him to act like a man and take care of her.
(c) She wants his body, heart, and soul.
(d) She wants him to believe in her and become like her.
5. What is the reaction of the other vampires as Akasha is destroyed?
(a) They race from the room.
(b) They realize they will miss her, and begin to weep.
(c) They, too, begin to die.
(d) They ask for a bite of her brain and her heart.
6. Where do Lestat and Akasha go after putting their plan into effect in Greece?
(c) Buenos Aires.
(d) San Francisco
7. What does Lestat do at Akasha's command and under the influence of her blood?
(a) He bars the front gates and traps the women, so they could be killed.
(b) He slaughters dozens of men mindlessly, taking pleasure in their deathsl
(c) He causes the mountain to erupt as a volcano, killing all inhabitants.
(d) He dismembers the blood king and eats his heart and brain.
8. How do Mekare and Maharet rescue the king and queen?
(a) They refuse to even try, out of vengence for their previous treatment.
(b) They don't; it is beyond their power.
(c) They burn incense; the smoke drives Amel out of the palace.
(d) The twins bathe the royal couple in holy water and chant over them.
9. At the meeting of Akasha and the others, where does Lestat sit?
(a) In Armand's lap.
(b) At Akasha's right hand.
(c) To the left of Maharat.
(d) At Akasha's feet.
10. What has Maharet been doing during the vampire catastrophes?
(a) She has been searching for her sister, Mekare.
(b) She has been hiding in her tomb to escape destruction.
(c) She has been consumed with protecting Jesse.
(d) She has been preparing the compound for guests, knowing they would arrive soon.
11. Where had Lestat been happiest?
(a) As a singer in Paris.
(b) As a child, in the monastery.
(c) As a rock star in San Francisco.
(d) As a vampire drinking his mother's blood.
12. What is the disagreement between Lestat and Akasha?
(a) Lestat is all for killing as many men as possible; Akasha protests that only a few should be killed.
(b) Lestat wants Chinese for dinner; Akasha insists on Greek.
(c) Lestat is against killing the men; Akasha insists it will eventually bring world peace.
(d) Akasha wants to make all women into vampires; Lestat prefers that men only be made.
13. What does Akasha say about her temperament?
(a) She might have a temper but, deep down, her heart is soft.
(b) She has matured and calmed down during the years of dormancy.
(c) She has always been a ruler and doesn't intend to give it up now.
(d) She knows she is strong, powerful and bold.
14. What is the threat made against Akasha by one of the twins?
(a) Akasha's heart will be set afire and eaten, creating a dessert called baked Akasha.
(b) Vast Egyptian armies will surround Akasha with fire, so she will die slowly.
(c) She will strike Akasha down, even if it means rising from the dead.
(d) A man named Dracula will drive a stake through Akasha's heart, killing her.
15. What does Akasha shout as her first victim burns?
(a) "I warned you I would return with a vengence!"
(b) "Die, damnable one! Go into the pit of perdition!"
(c) "You fool! I was born before you and I'll live long after you've perished."
(d) "You'll never savor the warm taste of blood again, you monster!"
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the spirit Amel give to Akasha?
2. How does Lestat feel about killing for Akasha?
3. What was Lestat's childhood ambition?
4. Who controlls the spirits?
5. What finally breaks Khayman's spirit?
This section contains 870 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)