|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who or what mortally wounded Akasha and Enkil when they were humans?
(a) Khayman, out of guilt for what they made him do to the twins.
(b) An evil spirit, acting on behest of the red-haired twins.
(c) A falling marble pillar, rocked from its foundation in an earthquake.
(d) Noblemen, who wanted to be rid of the king and queen so they could return to their old traditions.
2. What has Lestat become, as he and Akasha leave Greece?
(a) A wealthy potentate, dressed in silks and fine leather.
(b) The embodiment of evil in the eyes of mortals.
(c) The last, best hope of mankind.
(d) A man-child, powerless around women.
3. How does Akasha pass time while she sits on the golden throne?
(a) She creates complicated crossword puzzles in her mind.
(b) She practices speaking foreign languages.
(c) She would inhabit the body of someone who walked the earth.
(d) She imagines a world without vampires.
4. What does Lestat do inadvertently to his watch and purposefully to a mirror?
(a) Breaks them with the power of his mind.
(b) Gives them to a beggar below the balcony of his room.
(c) Smashes them with his boot.
(d) Makes them burst into flames with the power of his mind.
5. What does Akasha shout as her first victim burns?
(a) "You'll never savor the warm taste of blood again, you monster!"
(b) "I warned you I would return with a vengence!"
(c) "You fool! I was born before you and I'll live long after you've perished."
(d) "Die, damnable one! Go into the pit of perdition!"
6. What argument is made regarding mortals in hopes of stalling Akasha's plan?
(a) The vampires should take time and develop less violent means of killing the men.
(b) The human soul and race are evolving on their own toward a peaceful world.
(c) Given enough time, human males will eradicate themselves through violence.
(d) She's been asleep so long, she's lost touch with reality.
7. What has Maharet been doing during the vampire catastrophes?
(a) She has been searching for her sister, Mekare.
(b) She has been consumed with protecting Jesse.
(c) She has been preparing the compound for guests, knowing they would arrive soon.
(d) She has been hiding in her tomb to escape destruction.
8. Where does Akasha take Lestat after she kidnaps him from the concert.?
(a) The old theater district in Paris.
(b) His father's ruined castle.
(c) The Sonoma compound.
(d) The pyramids in Egypt.
9. What is the disagreement between Lestat and Akasha?
(a) Lestat is against killing the men; Akasha insists it will eventually bring world peace.
(b) Lestat is all for killing as many men as possible; Akasha protests that only a few should be killed.
(c) Lestat wants Chinese for dinner; Akasha insists on Greek.
(d) Akasha wants to make all women into vampires; Lestat prefers that men only be made.
10. Who is the first vampire at the meeting to raise objections to Akasha's plan?
11. Why doesn't Akasha accept Lestat's suggestion that she just dazzle men into obedience rather than kill them?
(a) She doesn't want Lestat to think she gives any weight to his opinions.
(b) She doesn't believe the men would ever obey her; they would die first.
(c) She is writing a feminist manifesto; the death of men is essential to the plot.
(d) She won't be able to control women, if the men are still around.
12. What has Jesse seen that startles Marius?
(a) The painting Marius made of Armand, surrounded by angels.
(b) The pinnacle of Mt. Everest where there is secret coven.
(c) A ruby ring worn by the mother of the red-haired twins.
(d) The possibility of making a hit television series about vampires.
13. Why does Khayman want the twins to become vampires?
(a) He needs help fighting Akasha and Enkil.
(b) One is a lonely number, three is a party.
(c) He, too, is an evil spirit and wants to debauch others.
(d) Misery loves company.
14. What does Marahet say about Akasha?
(a) "My loyalty is to the Queen and the rest of you are damned."
(b) "We are damned if we do kill her and damned if we don't."
(c) "She is the Queen of the Damned and the Damned can't live without her."
(d) "She has a vicious temper, but she loves us all as her children."
15. What sort of creatures are Mekare, Maharet, and their mother?
(a) Blood drinkers.
(c) Disco queens.
(d) Evil spirits.
Short Answer Questions
1. How do Mekare and Maharet rescue the king and queen?
2. What does Marius wish he had done when he had the chance?
3. What does Lestat do at Akasha's command and under the influence of her blood?
4. What does Maharet reveal to the gathering?
5. Lestat describes being "blanketed in succulent human flesh." How does he respond?
This section contains 965 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)