|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Gabrielle wants to destroy Akasha for taking her son, Lestat. What does she ask Maharet about that plan?
(a) "What is the most efficient way to waste her, if I get the chance?"
(b) "If I drive a stake through her heart, will Lestat survive?"
(c) "Will the rest of us lose our powers if Akasha dies?"
(d) "If I destroy this monster who's taken my son, do we all die?"
2. Which god does Akasha represent to her subjects?
(d) Louis XIII.
3. Why does Khayman want the twins to become vampires?
(a) Misery loves company.
(b) He, too, is an evil spirit and wants to debauch others.
(c) He needs help fighting Akasha and Enkil.
(d) One is a lonely number, three is a party.
4. What are Lestat's thoughts as he falls deeper and deeper into Akasha's spell?
(a) He believes he can control Akasha with a little of his old charm.
(b) He wishes she would drop the plan and let him take her to Paris.
(c) He is growing more excited about the plan and the prospect of being Akasha's consort.
(d) He knows Marius will persuade Akasha to share power with the others.
5. Where do the remaining vampires gather?
(a) At the San Francisco Hyatt Regency.
(b) At the icy hideaway where Akasha and Enkil were kept.
(c) At the Sonoma compound, in a redwood forest.
(d) In the conference room of the Stanford University Library.
6. Why do the people of Mount Carmel eat their dead?
(a) A neighboring tribe forces them to become cannibals.
(b) There is a famine in the countryside and people are starving.
(c) They have a taste for the tender flesh of relatives.
(d) So the flesh of the dead would not rot and their souls could flourish.
7. Lestat describes being "blanketed in succulent human flesh." How does he respond?
(a) He takes them all to the Plaka and buys a round of drinks.
(b) He murders them and flees the room.
(c) He sends the women away without feeding on them.
(d) He succumbs to the pleasures of their necks.
8. How do Mekare and Maharet rescue the king and queen?
(a) They don't; it is beyond their power.
(b) The twins bathe the royal couple in holy water and chant over them.
(c) They refuse to even try, out of vengence for their previous treatment.
(d) They burn incense; the smoke drives Amel out of the palace.
9. What does Akasha want from Lestat, as she is taking him from place to place to see the poor and downtrodden?
(a) She wants him to act like a man and take care of her.
(b) She wants him to believe in her and become like her.
(c) She wants him to die with her in a flaming pyre.
(d) She wants his body, heart, and soul.
10. What is the only solution the twins can offer Akasha and Enkil to end their torment?
(a) Commit suicide and deprive the evil spirit of their bodies.
(b) Seek the advice of a shaman to be found in the jungles of Peru.
(c) Entice the spirit out with the sacrifice of 49 tender children.
(d) Walk seven times around a fire, while the witches chant and spirits pray.
11. Which of the twins usually did the talking in the early days?
(c) Both are mute.
(d) Both; they say everything in unison.
12. What is Akasha's only weakness?
(a) Chronic anemia.
(b) Her passion for the finest treasures of all time.
(c) She needs Lestat because she is afraid of being alone.
(d) Her inability to admit she is wrong.
13. What does Lestat do inadvertently to his watch and purposefully to a mirror?
(a) Makes them burst into flames with the power of his mind.
(b) Breaks them with the power of his mind.
(c) Gives them to a beggar below the balcony of his room.
(d) Smashes them with his boot.
14. At the meeting of Akasha and the others, where does Lestat sit?
(a) In Armand's lap.
(b) To the left of Maharat.
(c) At Akasha's feet.
(d) At Akasha's right hand.
15. What is Lestat imbibing when he is with Akasha that gives him power and pleasure?
(a) Baby Jenks' dreams.
(b) Akasha's blood.
(c) Armand's tears.
(d) Stolen morphine.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Marius suggest the vampires do when they learn of the massacres committed by Akasha and Lestat?
2. Who controlls the spirits?
3. How does Akasha pass time while she sits on the golden throne?
4. What skill does Lestat gain when he is with Akasha?
5. What insight does Akasha have at the conference that both shocks and saddens her?
This section contains 848 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)