|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who or what mortally wounded Akasha and Enkil when they were humans?
(a) Khayman, out of guilt for what they made him do to the twins.
(b) Noblemen, who wanted to be rid of the king and queen so they could return to their old traditions.
(c) An evil spirit, acting on behest of the red-haired twins.
(d) A falling marble pillar, rocked from its foundation in an earthquake.
2. Where does Akasha take Lestat after she kidnaps him from the concert.?
(a) The old theater district in Paris.
(b) The pyramids in Egypt.
(c) The Sonoma compound.
(d) His father's ruined castle.
3. What does Lestat do inadvertently to his watch and purposefully to a mirror?
(a) Gives them to a beggar below the balcony of his room.
(b) Breaks them with the power of his mind.
(c) Smashes them with his boot.
(d) Makes them burst into flames with the power of his mind.
4. What does Akasha say about her temperament?
(a) She has always been a ruler and doesn't intend to give it up now.
(b) She has matured and calmed down during the years of dormancy.
(c) She might have a temper but, deep down, her heart is soft.
(d) She knows she is strong, powerful and bold.
5. Where had Lestat been happiest?
(a) As a rock star in San Francisco.
(b) As a child, in the monastery.
(c) As a singer in Paris.
(d) As a vampire drinking his mother's blood.
6. The idea that Mekare is alive and sending the dreams causes what emotions among the older vampires?
(a) Joy that she is alive and apparently coming to see them.
(b) Apprehension that she will join ranks with their enemies.
(c) Annoyance that their sleep has been so badly disturbed the past 10 nights.
(d) A certain dread about her purpose in sending the dreams.
7. What does Marius suggest the vampires do when they learn of the massacres committed by Akasha and Lestat?
(a) Call 911.
(b) Hide from Akasha.
(c) Kill Akasha.
(d) Join in Akasha's plan.
8. How does Enkil come to rule his kingdom?
(a) Like Oedipus, he slays his father and marries his mother.
(b) He is chosen by lottery, as is the custom of his people.
(c) The people of the Nile Valley anoint him king while he is still a child.
(d) His mother dies and there are no female realtives to ascend to the throne.
9. What is Lestat imbibing when he is with Akasha that gives him power and pleasure?
(a) Armand's tears.
(b) Akasha's blood.
(c) Stolen morphine.
(d) Baby Jenks' dreams.
10. What are Lestat's thoughts as he falls deeper and deeper into Akasha's spell?
(a) He wishes she would drop the plan and let him take her to Paris.
(b) He knows Marius will persuade Akasha to share power with the others.
(c) He is growing more excited about the plan and the prospect of being Akasha's consort.
(d) He believes he can control Akasha with a little of his old charm.
11. What has Jesse seen that startles Marius?
(a) A ruby ring worn by the mother of the red-haired twins.
(b) The painting Marius made of Armand, surrounded by angels.
(c) The pinnacle of Mt. Everest where there is secret coven.
(d) The possibility of making a hit television series about vampires.
12. How does Akasha pass time while she sits on the golden throne?
(a) She creates complicated crossword puzzles in her mind.
(b) She practices speaking foreign languages.
(c) She would inhabit the body of someone who walked the earth.
(d) She imagines a world without vampires.
13. Akasha knows something about Lestat's nature. What is it?
(a) He has attention deficit disorder.
(b) He is argumentative.
(c) He is a compulsive overeater.
(d) He cannot obey anyone for very long.
14. What does Akasha want from Lestat, as she is taking him from place to place to see the poor and downtrodden?
(a) She wants him to act like a man and take care of her.
(b) She wants him to believe in her and become like her.
(c) She wants his body, heart, and soul.
(d) She wants him to die with her in a flaming pyre.
15. What finally breaks Khayman's spirit?
(a) The rotting corpse of his father, dancing at the front door.
(b) A severed horse head under his sheets.
(c) A brown bag on his doorstep, filled with excrement.
(d) A big dead fish, wrapped in newspapers.
Short Answer Questions
1. How do Mekare and Maharet rescue the king and queen?
2. What is Armand dreaming when Akasha lets Lestat see him?
3. What does Akasha shout as her first victim burns?
4. What enemy did Lestat slay when he was mortal?
5. How can the King and Queen reduce their extreme thirst for blood?
This section contains 882 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)