|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where do Akasha and Lestat go first so she could begin her killing spree?
(a) A temple in the Himalayas.
(b) A World Cup soccer match in London.
(c) Mao's home, overlooking the Great Wall in China.
(d) The castle of Zeus near Athens.
2. Where do the remaining vampires gather?
(a) At the San Francisco Hyatt Regency.
(b) At the icy hideaway where Akasha and Enkil were kept.
(c) In the conference room of the Stanford University Library.
(d) At the Sonoma compound, in a redwood forest.
3. Why do the people of Mount Carmel eat their dead?
(a) A neighboring tribe forces them to become cannibals.
(b) So the flesh of the dead would not rot and their souls could flourish.
(c) There is a famine in the countryside and people are starving.
(d) They have a taste for the tender flesh of relatives.
4. Why is Marius so anxious to see Armando?
(a) Marius believes Armando has the power to bring back Marius' youth.
(b) Marius loves him and makes Armando a vampire to preserve him forever.
(c) Armando has taken another lover and Marius wants to berate him.
(d) Armando borrowed a fortune from Marius in another century, and never repaid it.
5. Where does Akasha take Lestat after she kidnaps him from the concert.?
(a) The Sonoma compound.
(b) The pyramids in Egypt.
(c) The old theater district in Paris.
(d) His father's ruined castle.
6. What is Marius' condition when Pandora rescues him from the ice?
(a) He has many broken bones, but his spirit is exuberant.
(b) His physical injuries are healing, but he is sad and exhausted.
(c) He is unconscious and not expected to survive.
(d) He is a good as new, well-groomed, and eager for battle.
7. What is Akasha's response when Lestat demands they go to his friends?
(a) She kisses him passionately.
(b) She calls for the bellman.
(c) She laughs hysterically.
(d) She slaps him.
8. What finally breaks Khayman's spirit?
(a) A severed horse head under his sheets.
(b) The rotting corpse of his father, dancing at the front door.
(c) A brown bag on his doorstep, filled with excrement.
(d) A big dead fish, wrapped in newspapers.
9. Who is the first vampire at the meeting to raise objections to Akasha's plan?
10. What is the reaction of Akasha and Enkil to their transformation?
11. Where do Lestat and Akasha go after putting their plan into effect in Greece?
(a) San Francisco
(b) Buenos Aires.
12. How does the group of Greek women treat Lestat when he awakens?
(a) They act as though he hired them for entertainment.
(b) They treat him like a god, bathing, anointing, and dressing him.
(c) They treat him like a rock star, clamoring for his autograph and attention.
(d) They treat him like trash, berating him for the death of their brothers.
13. What skill does Lestat gain when he is with Akasha?
(a) The ability to fly.
(b) The power to throw lightning bolts.
(c) The power to create massive storms.
(d) The ability to summon demons.
14. Why does Khayman want the twins to become vampires?
(a) He, too, is an evil spirit and wants to debauch others.
(b) Misery loves company.
(c) He needs help fighting Akasha and Enkil.
(d) One is a lonely number, three is a party.
15. Gabrielle wants to destroy Akasha for taking her son, Lestat. What does she ask Maharet about that plan?
(a) "Will the rest of us lose our powers if Akasha dies?"
(b) "If I destroy this monster who's taken my son, do we all die?"
(c) "What is the most efficient way to waste her, if I get the chance?"
(d) "If I drive a stake through her heart, will Lestat survive?"
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the reaction of the other vampires as Akasha is destroyed?
2. What are Lestat's thoughts as he falls deeper and deeper into Akasha's spell?
3. What does Marahet say about Akasha?
4. What is Armand dreaming when Akasha lets Lestat see him?
5. Why doesn't Akasha accept Lestat's suggestion that she just dazzle men into obedience rather than kill them?
This section contains 857 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)