|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What has Maharet been doing during the vampire catastrophes?
(a) She has been hiding in her tomb to escape destruction.
(b) She has been preparing the compound for guests, knowing they would arrive soon.
(c) She has been consumed with protecting Jesse.
(d) She has been searching for her sister, Mekare.
2. What is the reaction of the other vampires as Akasha is destroyed?
(a) They realize they will miss her, and begin to weep.
(b) They, too, begin to die.
(c) They ask for a bite of her brain and her heart.
(d) They race from the room.
3. How does the group of Greek women treat Lestat when he awakens?
(a) They act as though he hired them for entertainment.
(b) They treat him like a rock star, clamoring for his autograph and attention.
(c) They treat him like a god, bathing, anointing, and dressing him.
(d) They treat him like trash, berating him for the death of their brothers.
4. What does Marius notices that every surviving vampire has in common?
(a) Each is more than six feet tall.
(b) They all smell the same.
(c) Though "monsters," each is beautiful in his or her own way.
(d) Every one of them is unattractive, with lanky hair and blank eyes.
5. What is Akasha's response when Lestat demands they go to his friends?
(a) She kisses him passionately.
(b) She calls for the bellman.
(c) She slaps him.
(d) She laughs hysterically.
6. Where do the remaining vampires gather?
(a) At the icy hideaway where Akasha and Enkil were kept.
(b) At the San Francisco Hyatt Regency.
(c) In the conference room of the Stanford University Library.
(d) At the Sonoma compound, in a redwood forest.
7. What does Lestat do at Akasha's command and under the influence of her blood?
(a) He slaughters dozens of men mindlessly, taking pleasure in their deathsl
(b) He bars the front gates and traps the women, so they could be killed.
(c) He dismembers the blood king and eats his heart and brain.
(d) He causes the mountain to erupt as a volcano, killing all inhabitants.
8. Who is the first vampire at the meeting to raise objections to Akasha's plan?
9. What does the spirit Amel give to Akasha?
(a) A cape which would make her invisible.
(b) A gold bracelet that belonged to her mother.
(c) A blouse woven from the fine hair of infants.
(d) A necklace she has lost as a child.
10. What is Akasha's only weakness?
(a) She needs Lestat because she is afraid of being alone.
(b) Her inability to admit she is wrong.
(c) Her passion for the finest treasures of all time.
(d) Chronic anemia.
11. Which god does Akasha represent to her subjects?
(a) Louis XIII.
12. What does Akasha want Lestat to do for her?
(a) She wants him to renounce his immortality.
(b) She wants him to create grand feasts for her.
(c) She wants him to kill mortals for her.
(d) She wants him to bring her victims with a certain blood type.
13. Where do Lestat and Akasha go after putting their plan into effect in Greece?
(b) San Francisco
(c) Buenos Aires.
14. What is the reaction of Akasha and Enkil to their transformation?
15. How can the King and Queen reduce their extreme thirst for blood?
(a) By making other vampires--to dilute the thirst among them.
(b) By spiking the blood with vodka.
(c) By sleeping in an iron casket.
(d) By eating clay found on the banks of the Nile.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Marius' condition when Pandora rescues him from the ice?
2. Which of the twins usually did the talking in the early days?
3. Which part of their mother's body does Mekare and Mahareta believe is most significant?
4. What does Marahet say about Akasha?
5. What is the threat made against Akasha by one of the twins?
This section contains 769 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)