|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why do the people of Mount Carmel eat their dead?
(a) A neighboring tribe forces them to become cannibals.
(b) There is a famine in the countryside and people are starving.
(c) So the flesh of the dead would not rot and their souls could flourish.
(d) They have a taste for the tender flesh of relatives.
2. What is Akasha's only weakness?
(a) Her inability to admit she is wrong.
(b) Chronic anemia.
(c) She needs Lestat because she is afraid of being alone.
(d) Her passion for the finest treasures of all time.
3. What does Marius wish he had done when he had the chance?
(a) Disappeared into the centuries to lead a life of debauchery.
(b) Destroyed the Queen and King and,with them, all vampires.
(c) Written down his experiences and made them into a blockbuster movie.
(d) Danced and made merry, without the worry of keeping the Queen and King.
4. What enemy did Lestat slay when he was mortal?
(b) Highway robbers.
(c) The Three Musketeers.
(d) Maurading bears.
5. Where does Akasha take Lestat after she kidnaps him from the concert.?
(a) The Sonoma compound.
(b) The pyramids in Egypt.
(c) His father's ruined castle.
(d) The old theater district in Paris.
6. Which of the twins usually did the talking in the early days?
(a) Both are mute.
(c) Both; they say everything in unison.
7. What has Jesse seen that startles Marius?
(a) A ruby ring worn by the mother of the red-haired twins.
(b) The possibility of making a hit television series about vampires.
(c) The painting Marius made of Armand, surrounded by angels.
(d) The pinnacle of Mt. Everest where there is secret coven.
8. Where do Akasha and Lestat go first so she could begin her killing spree?
(a) Mao's home, overlooking the Great Wall in China.
(b) The castle of Zeus near Athens.
(c) A World Cup soccer match in London.
(d) A temple in the Himalayas.
9. What does Lestat do at Akasha's command and under the influence of her blood?
(a) He bars the front gates and traps the women, so they could be killed.
(b) He dismembers the blood king and eats his heart and brain.
(c) He causes the mountain to erupt as a volcano, killing all inhabitants.
(d) He slaughters dozens of men mindlessly, taking pleasure in their deathsl
10. How do Akasha and Lestat get to their first destination?
(a) They fly; Akasha has Lestat carry her.
(b) They project themselves there, using telepathy.
(c) They charter a Lear jet; Akasha has her pilot's license.
(d) Being exercise enthusiasts, they hike and bike as much as possible.
11. What is Armand dreaming when Akasha lets Lestat see him?
(a) A falcon hunting on the plains.
(b) A red-haired woman walking in the jungle.
(c) A polar bear tracking salmon.
(d) A lioness stalking wild deer along the Amazon.
12. How does Lestat feel about killing for Akasha?
(a) Nervous and excited.
(b) Ready, willing, and able.
(c) Uneasy and reluctant.
(d) Hesitant, but willing.
13. What is the disagreement between Lestat and Akasha?
(a) Lestat is all for killing as many men as possible; Akasha protests that only a few should be killed.
(b) Akasha wants to make all women into vampires; Lestat prefers that men only be made.
(c) Lestat wants Chinese for dinner; Akasha insists on Greek.
(d) Lestat is against killing the men; Akasha insists it will eventually bring world peace.
14. What is the only solution the twins can offer Akasha and Enkil to end their torment?
(a) Seek the advice of a shaman to be found in the jungles of Peru.
(b) Walk seven times around a fire, while the witches chant and spirits pray.
(c) Commit suicide and deprive the evil spirit of their bodies.
(d) Entice the spirit out with the sacrifice of 49 tender children.
15. What does Akasha believe will be the result of her reign?
(a) Purging fires destroy all the world's evil.
(b) Women rule all the world's countries,
(c) Peace on Earth.
(d) She marries Lestat in a grand ceremony.
Short Answer Questions
1. What insight does Akasha have at the conference that both shocks and saddens her?
2. What is Marius' condition when Pandora rescues him from the ice?
3. What does Marius notices that every surviving vampire has in common?
4. What does Lestat do inadvertently to his watch and purposefully to a mirror?
5. Where do Lestat and Akasha go after putting their plan into effect in Greece?
This section contains 848 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)