|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Lestat describes being "blanketed in succulent human flesh." How does he respond?
(a) He succumbs to the pleasures of their necks.
(b) He takes them all to the Plaka and buys a round of drinks.
(c) He sends the women away without feeding on them.
(d) He murders them and flees the room.
2. What enemy did Lestat slay when he was mortal?
(a) Maurading bears.
(b) The Three Musketeers.
(c) Highway robbers.
3. What secret does Khayman keep from the King and Queen after the twins return home?
(a) The evil spirit Amel was tormenting him, disrupting his home and stealing things.
(b) That Mahareta had born his child.
(c) He knew the location of a tomb holding vast golden treasures.
(d) That a band of spirits would help him flee Egypt.
4. What is Lestat's reaction to the vision of Baby Jenks dying?
(a) He laughs.
(b) He cries.
(c) He frowns.
(d) He curses.
5. Which part of their mother's body does Mekare and Mahareta believe is most significant?
(a) The liver.
(b) The heart.
(c) The tongue.
(d) The brain.
6. Who is the first vampire at the meeting to raise objections to Akasha's plan?
7. What does Akasha want from Lestat, as she is taking him from place to place to see the poor and downtrodden?
(a) She wants him to believe in her and become like her.
(b) She wants his body, heart, and soul.
(c) She wants him to act like a man and take care of her.
(d) She wants him to die with her in a flaming pyre.
8. What was Lestat's childhood ambition?
(a) To rule the countryside from his father's castle.
(b) To become the most famous wolf-slayer in France.
(c) To become a priest and do good.
(d) To become a vampire.
9. What effect does Maharet's red hair have on Marius' mood?
(a) He is disgusted and thinks she should update the style.
(b) He is entranced by it momentarily and feels joyful again.
(c) It makes him think of his mother.
(d) He has the urge to wrap it around him like a cloak.
10. What is the reaction of Akasha and Enkil to their transformation?
11. How does Enkil come to rule his kingdom?
(a) The people of the Nile Valley anoint him king while he is still a child.
(b) He is chosen by lottery, as is the custom of his people.
(c) His mother dies and there are no female realtives to ascend to the throne.
(d) Like Oedipus, he slays his father and marries his mother.
12. Which god does Akasha represent to her subjects?
(a) Louis XIII.
13. What argument is made regarding mortals in hopes of stalling Akasha's plan?
(a) Given enough time, human males will eradicate themselves through violence.
(b) She's been asleep so long, she's lost touch with reality.
(c) The human soul and race are evolving on their own toward a peaceful world.
(d) The vampires should take time and develop less violent means of killing the men.
14. What does Akasha shout as her first victim burns?
(a) "You'll never savor the warm taste of blood again, you monster!"
(b) "Die, damnable one! Go into the pit of perdition!"
(c) "I warned you I would return with a vengence!"
(d) "You fool! I was born before you and I'll live long after you've perished."
15. What is the reaction of the other vampires as Akasha is destroyed?
(a) They realize they will miss her, and begin to weep.
(b) They ask for a bite of her brain and her heart.
(c) They race from the room.
(d) They, too, begin to die.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Akasha believe will be the result of her reign?
2. What does Lestat do inadvertently to his watch and purposefully to a mirror?
3. What does Akasha say about her temperament?
4. What are Lestat's thoughts as he falls deeper and deeper into Akasha's spell?
5. What finally breaks Khayman's spirit?
This section contains 806 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)