|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What are Lestat's thoughts as he falls deeper and deeper into Akasha's spell?
(a) He knows Marius will persuade Akasha to share power with the others.
(b) He believes he can control Akasha with a little of his old charm.
(c) He wishes she would drop the plan and let him take her to Paris.
(d) He is growing more excited about the plan and the prospect of being Akasha's consort.
2. Why is Marius so anxious to see Armando?
(a) Marius believes Armando has the power to bring back Marius' youth.
(b) Armando borrowed a fortune from Marius in another century, and never repaid it.
(c) Marius loves him and makes Armando a vampire to preserve him forever.
(d) Armando has taken another lover and Marius wants to berate him.
3. Lestat describes being "blanketed in succulent human flesh." How does he respond?
(a) He takes them all to the Plaka and buys a round of drinks.
(b) He sends the women away without feeding on them.
(c) He murders them and flees the room.
(d) He succumbs to the pleasures of their necks.
4. What does Marius wish he had done when he had the chance?
(a) Written down his experiences and made them into a blockbuster movie.
(b) Disappeared into the centuries to lead a life of debauchery.
(c) Destroyed the Queen and King and,with them, all vampires.
(d) Danced and made merry, without the worry of keeping the Queen and King.
5. How does the group of Greek women treat Lestat when he awakens?
(a) They act as though he hired them for entertainment.
(b) They treat him like trash, berating him for the death of their brothers.
(c) They treat him like a rock star, clamoring for his autograph and attention.
(d) They treat him like a god, bathing, anointing, and dressing him.
6. What does Akasha shout as her first victim burns?
(a) "You'll never savor the warm taste of blood again, you monster!"
(b) "I warned you I would return with a vengence!"
(c) "You fool! I was born before you and I'll live long after you've perished."
(d) "Die, damnable one! Go into the pit of perdition!"
7. Where do the remaining vampires gather?
(a) At the icy hideaway where Akasha and Enkil were kept.
(b) At the San Francisco Hyatt Regency.
(c) In the conference room of the Stanford University Library.
(d) At the Sonoma compound, in a redwood forest.
8. What finally breaks Khayman's spirit?
(a) A brown bag on his doorstep, filled with excrement.
(b) A severed horse head under his sheets.
(c) The rotting corpse of his father, dancing at the front door.
(d) A big dead fish, wrapped in newspapers.
9. What is Armand dreaming when Akasha lets Lestat see him?
(a) A polar bear tracking salmon.
(b) A lioness stalking wild deer along the Amazon.
(c) A falcon hunting on the plains.
(d) A red-haired woman walking in the jungle.
10. What is Akasha's response when Lestat demands they go to his friends?
(a) She kisses him passionately.
(b) She calls for the bellman.
(c) She laughs hysterically.
(d) She slaps him.
11. What has Maharet been doing during the vampire catastrophes?
(a) She has been consumed with protecting Jesse.
(b) She has been preparing the compound for guests, knowing they would arrive soon.
(c) She has been searching for her sister, Mekare.
(d) She has been hiding in her tomb to escape destruction.
12. Which part of their mother's body does Mekare and Mahareta believe is most significant?
(a) The heart.
(b) The tongue.
(c) The brain.
(d) The liver.
13. How does Akasha pass time while she sits on the golden throne?
(a) She creates complicated crossword puzzles in her mind.
(b) She imagines a world without vampires.
(c) She practices speaking foreign languages.
(d) She would inhabit the body of someone who walked the earth.
14. How do Akasha and Lestat get to their first destination?
(a) They fly; Akasha has Lestat carry her.
(b) They project themselves there, using telepathy.
(c) They charter a Lear jet; Akasha has her pilot's license.
(d) Being exercise enthusiasts, they hike and bike as much as possible.
15. What effect does Maharet's red hair have on Marius' mood?
(a) It makes him think of his mother.
(b) He has the urge to wrap it around him like a cloak.
(c) He is disgusted and thinks she should update the style.
(d) He is entranced by it momentarily and feels joyful again.
Short Answer Questions
1. At the meeting of Akasha and the others, where does Lestat sit?
2. Where had Lestat been happiest?
3. What does the spirit Amel give to Akasha?
4. What is Marius' condition when Pandora rescues him from the ice?
5. What is Lestat imbibing when he is with Akasha that gives him power and pleasure?
This section contains 854 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)