|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Akasha's only weakness?
(a) Her inability to admit she is wrong.
(b) Chronic anemia.
(c) She needs Lestat because she is afraid of being alone.
(d) Her passion for the finest treasures of all time.
2. Who controlls the spirits?
(a) The red-haired twins.
(b) Only the poorest of the poor could command them.
(c) The royal couple controlls them.
(d) No one, they are independent.
3. What does Akasha want from Lestat, as she is taking him from place to place to see the poor and downtrodden?
(a) She wants him to die with her in a flaming pyre.
(b) She wants his body, heart, and soul.
(c) She wants him to believe in her and become like her.
(d) She wants him to act like a man and take care of her.
4. What secret does Khayman keep from the King and Queen after the twins return home?
(a) That Mahareta had born his child.
(b) That a band of spirits would help him flee Egypt.
(c) He knew the location of a tomb holding vast golden treasures.
(d) The evil spirit Amel was tormenting him, disrupting his home and stealing things.
5. Why is Marius so anxious to see Armando?
(a) Marius loves him and makes Armando a vampire to preserve him forever.
(b) Armando has taken another lover and Marius wants to berate him.
(c) Marius believes Armando has the power to bring back Marius' youth.
(d) Armando borrowed a fortune from Marius in another century, and never repaid it.
6. What was Lestat's childhood ambition?
(a) To become a priest and do good.
(b) To become the most famous wolf-slayer in France.
(c) To become a vampire.
(d) To rule the countryside from his father's castle.
7. What image blinks through Lestat's mind when he looks at Jesse?
(a) Two red-haired women with the body of their mother.
(b) A mud-covered woman striding through the forest.
(c) A witch melting, melting...into a puddle of water.
(d) Black crows plucking out the eyes of a witch.
8. What is Lestat's reaction to the vision of Baby Jenks dying?
(a) He curses.
(b) He frowns.
(c) He laughs.
(d) He cries.
9. What is the reaction of the other vampires as Akasha is destroyed?
(a) They race from the room.
(b) They realize they will miss her, and begin to weep.
(c) They ask for a bite of her brain and her heart.
(d) They, too, begin to die.
10. Who or what mortally wounded Akasha and Enkil when they were humans?
(a) A falling marble pillar, rocked from its foundation in an earthquake.
(b) Noblemen, who wanted to be rid of the king and queen so they could return to their old traditions.
(c) An evil spirit, acting on behest of the red-haired twins.
(d) Khayman, out of guilt for what they made him do to the twins.
11. What has Lestat become, as he and Akasha leave Greece?
(a) A wealthy potentate, dressed in silks and fine leather.
(b) A man-child, powerless around women.
(c) The embodiment of evil in the eyes of mortals.
(d) The last, best hope of mankind.
12. What is Akasha's response when Lestat demands they go to his friends?
(a) She kisses him passionately.
(b) She slaps him.
(c) She laughs hysterically.
(d) She calls for the bellman.
13. What is the only solution the twins can offer Akasha and Enkil to end their torment?
(a) Seek the advice of a shaman to be found in the jungles of Peru.
(b) Entice the spirit out with the sacrifice of 49 tender children.
(c) Walk seven times around a fire, while the witches chant and spirits pray.
(d) Commit suicide and deprive the evil spirit of their bodies.
14. What does Lestat do inadvertently to his watch and purposefully to a mirror?
(a) Breaks them with the power of his mind.
(b) Smashes them with his boot.
(c) Makes them burst into flames with the power of his mind.
(d) Gives them to a beggar below the balcony of his room.
15. The idea that Mekare is alive and sending the dreams causes what emotions among the older vampires?
(a) Annoyance that their sleep has been so badly disturbed the past 10 nights.
(b) A certain dread about her purpose in sending the dreams.
(c) Joy that she is alive and apparently coming to see them.
(d) Apprehension that she will join ranks with their enemies.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Khayman want the twins to become vampires?
2. Where had Lestat been happiest?
3. What does Marahet say about Akasha?
4. Gabrielle wants to destroy Akasha for taking her son, Lestat. What does she ask Maharet about that plan?
5. How can the King and Queen reduce their extreme thirst for blood?
This section contains 910 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)