|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is the first vampire at the meeting to raise objections to Akasha's plan?
2. What is the only solution the twins can offer Akasha and Enkil to end their torment?
(a) Seek the advice of a shaman to be found in the jungles of Peru.
(b) Commit suicide and deprive the evil spirit of their bodies.
(c) Entice the spirit out with the sacrifice of 49 tender children.
(d) Walk seven times around a fire, while the witches chant and spirits pray.
3. How does Enkil come to rule his kingdom?
(a) His mother dies and there are no female realtives to ascend to the throne.
(b) The people of the Nile Valley anoint him king while he is still a child.
(c) Like Oedipus, he slays his father and marries his mother.
(d) He is chosen by lottery, as is the custom of his people.
4. How does Akasha pass time while she sits on the golden throne?
(a) She practices speaking foreign languages.
(b) She would inhabit the body of someone who walked the earth.
(c) She imagines a world without vampires.
(d) She creates complicated crossword puzzles in her mind.
5. Why does Khayman want the twins to become vampires?
(a) One is a lonely number, three is a party.
(b) He, too, is an evil spirit and wants to debauch others.
(c) He needs help fighting Akasha and Enkil.
(d) Misery loves company.
6. What does Marius suggest the vampires do when they learn of the massacres committed by Akasha and Lestat?
(a) Kill Akasha.
(b) Hide from Akasha.
(c) Call 911.
(d) Join in Akasha's plan.
7. What does Lestat do inadvertently to his watch and purposefully to a mirror?
(a) Makes them burst into flames with the power of his mind.
(b) Smashes them with his boot.
(c) Gives them to a beggar below the balcony of his room.
(d) Breaks them with the power of his mind.
8. What is Akasha's only weakness?
(a) She needs Lestat because she is afraid of being alone.
(b) Her passion for the finest treasures of all time.
(c) Chronic anemia.
(d) Her inability to admit she is wrong.
9. What has Maharet been doing during the vampire catastrophes?
(a) She has been searching for her sister, Mekare.
(b) She has been hiding in her tomb to escape destruction.
(c) She has been consumed with protecting Jesse.
(d) She has been preparing the compound for guests, knowing they would arrive soon.
10. Why is Marius so anxious to see Armando?
(a) Marius believes Armando has the power to bring back Marius' youth.
(b) Armando has taken another lover and Marius wants to berate him.
(c) Marius loves him and makes Armando a vampire to preserve him forever.
(d) Armando borrowed a fortune from Marius in another century, and never repaid it.
11. Which part of their mother's body does Mekare and Mahareta believe is most significant?
(a) The tongue.
(b) The liver.
(c) The brain.
(d) The heart.
12. What is the reaction of Akasha and Enkil to their transformation?
13. At the meeting of Akasha and the others, where does Lestat sit?
(a) In Armand's lap.
(b) At Akasha's right hand.
(c) At Akasha's feet.
(d) To the left of Maharat.
14. What finally breaks Khayman's spirit?
(a) A brown bag on his doorstep, filled with excrement.
(b) The rotting corpse of his father, dancing at the front door.
(c) A severed horse head under his sheets.
(d) A big dead fish, wrapped in newspapers.
15. How do Akasha and Lestat get to their first destination?
(a) Being exercise enthusiasts, they hike and bike as much as possible.
(b) They project themselves there, using telepathy.
(c) They fly; Akasha has Lestat carry her.
(d) They charter a Lear jet; Akasha has her pilot's license.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Lestat feel about killing for Akasha?
2. Where does Akasha take Lestat after she kidnaps him from the concert.?
3. What sort of creatures are Mekare, Maharet, and their mother?
4. Akasha knows something about Lestat's nature. What is it?
5. What does Akasha say about her temperament?
This section contains 727 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)