|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Gabrielle wants to destroy Akasha for taking her son, Lestat. What does she ask Maharet about that plan?
(a) "If I drive a stake through her heart, will Lestat survive?"
(b) "Will the rest of us lose our powers if Akasha dies?"
(c) "If I destroy this monster who's taken my son, do we all die?"
(d) "What is the most efficient way to waste her, if I get the chance?"
2. What enemy did Lestat slay when he was mortal?
(a) The Three Musketeers.
(b) Maurading bears.
(c) Highway robbers.
3. What does Marius wish he had done when he had the chance?
(a) Disappeared into the centuries to lead a life of debauchery.
(b) Danced and made merry, without the worry of keeping the Queen and King.
(c) Written down his experiences and made them into a blockbuster movie.
(d) Destroyed the Queen and King and,with them, all vampires.
4. Why doesn't Akasha accept Lestat's suggestion that she just dazzle men into obedience rather than kill them?
(a) She won't be able to control women, if the men are still around.
(b) She doesn't want Lestat to think she gives any weight to his opinions.
(c) She doesn't believe the men would ever obey her; they would die first.
(d) She is writing a feminist manifesto; the death of men is essential to the plot.
5. What image blinks through Lestat's mind when he looks at Jesse?
(a) Two red-haired women with the body of their mother.
(b) A mud-covered woman striding through the forest.
(c) A witch melting, melting...into a puddle of water.
(d) Black crows plucking out the eyes of a witch.
6. What is Lestat's reaction to the vision of Baby Jenks dying?
(a) He laughs.
(b) He frowns.
(c) He cries.
(d) He curses.
7. Lestat describes being "blanketed in succulent human flesh." How does he respond?
(a) He sends the women away without feeding on them.
(b) He succumbs to the pleasures of their necks.
(c) He takes them all to the Plaka and buys a round of drinks.
(d) He murders them and flees the room.
8. What does the spirit Amel give to Akasha?
(a) A gold bracelet that belonged to her mother.
(b) A cape which would make her invisible.
(c) A blouse woven from the fine hair of infants.
(d) A necklace she has lost as a child.
9. What does Marius notices that every surviving vampire has in common?
(a) Each is more than six feet tall.
(b) Though "monsters," each is beautiful in his or her own way.
(c) Every one of them is unattractive, with lanky hair and blank eyes.
(d) They all smell the same.
10. Where do the remaining vampires gather?
(a) At the Sonoma compound, in a redwood forest.
(b) At the icy hideaway where Akasha and Enkil were kept.
(c) In the conference room of the Stanford University Library.
(d) At the San Francisco Hyatt Regency.
11. The idea that Mekare is alive and sending the dreams causes what emotions among the older vampires?
(a) A certain dread about her purpose in sending the dreams.
(b) Annoyance that their sleep has been so badly disturbed the past 10 nights.
(c) Joy that she is alive and apparently coming to see them.
(d) Apprehension that she will join ranks with their enemies.
12. What does Lestat do inadvertently to his watch and purposefully to a mirror?
(a) Breaks them with the power of his mind.
(b) Gives them to a beggar below the balcony of his room.
(c) Smashes them with his boot.
(d) Makes them burst into flames with the power of his mind.
13. What does Akasha want Lestat to do for her?
(a) She wants him to renounce his immortality.
(b) She wants him to kill mortals for her.
(c) She wants him to bring her victims with a certain blood type.
(d) She wants him to create grand feasts for her.
14. At the meeting of Akasha and the others, where does Lestat sit?
(a) At Akasha's right hand.
(b) To the left of Maharat.
(c) At Akasha's feet.
(d) In Armand's lap.
15. Who controlls the spirits?
(a) Only the poorest of the poor could command them.
(b) No one, they are independent.
(c) The red-haired twins.
(d) The royal couple controlls them.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the "blood god" wearing when Akasha and Lestat arrive?
2. Where do Lestat and Akasha go after putting their plan into effect in Greece?
3. What does Akasha shout as her first victim burns?
4. What does Lestat do at Akasha's command and under the influence of her blood?
5. Who or what mortally wounded Akasha and Enkil when they were humans?
This section contains 889 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)