|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Lestat's reaction to the vision of Baby Jenks dying?
(a) He cries.
(b) He laughs.
(c) He curses.
(d) He frowns.
2. Why do the people of Mount Carmel eat their dead?
(a) A neighboring tribe forces them to become cannibals.
(b) So the flesh of the dead would not rot and their souls could flourish.
(c) There is a famine in the countryside and people are starving.
(d) They have a taste for the tender flesh of relatives.
3. What insight does Akasha have at the conference that both shocks and saddens her?
(a) Lestat has been seeing Jesse all along.
(b) Every single one of the survivors is doomed to die from sun-poisoning.
(c) The survivors lntend to withdraw her blood and bank it for future use.
(d) Not a single one of the survivors, not even Lestat, agrees with her vision.
4. What is the only solution the twins can offer Akasha and Enkil to end their torment?
(a) Entice the spirit out with the sacrifice of 49 tender children.
(b) Walk seven times around a fire, while the witches chant and spirits pray.
(c) Commit suicide and deprive the evil spirit of their bodies.
(d) Seek the advice of a shaman to be found in the jungles of Peru.
5. What are Lestat's thoughts as he falls deeper and deeper into Akasha's spell?
(a) He knows Marius will persuade Akasha to share power with the others.
(b) He wishes she would drop the plan and let him take her to Paris.
(c) He is growing more excited about the plan and the prospect of being Akasha's consort.
(d) He believes he can control Akasha with a little of his old charm.
6. Where do Lestat and Akasha go after putting their plan into effect in Greece?
(c) Buenos Aires.
(d) San Francisco
7. What is the reaction of Akasha and Enkil to their transformation?
8. What does Lestat do inadvertently to his watch and purposefully to a mirror?
(a) Breaks them with the power of his mind.
(b) Makes them burst into flames with the power of his mind.
(c) Smashes them with his boot.
(d) Gives them to a beggar below the balcony of his room.
9. What is the disagreement between Lestat and Akasha?
(a) Lestat is against killing the men; Akasha insists it will eventually bring world peace.
(b) Lestat wants Chinese for dinner; Akasha insists on Greek.
(c) Lestat is all for killing as many men as possible; Akasha protests that only a few should be killed.
(d) Akasha wants to make all women into vampires; Lestat prefers that men only be made.
10. What has Jesse seen that startles Marius?
(a) The pinnacle of Mt. Everest where there is secret coven.
(b) The possibility of making a hit television series about vampires.
(c) The painting Marius made of Armand, surrounded by angels.
(d) A ruby ring worn by the mother of the red-haired twins.
11. What argument is made regarding mortals in hopes of stalling Akasha's plan?
(a) Given enough time, human males will eradicate themselves through violence.
(b) The human soul and race are evolving on their own toward a peaceful world.
(c) The vampires should take time and develop less violent means of killing the men.
(d) She's been asleep so long, she's lost touch with reality.
12. What skill does Lestat gain when he is with Akasha?
(a) The ability to summon demons.
(b) The power to throw lightning bolts.
(c) The ability to fly.
(d) The power to create massive storms.
13. Lestat describes being "blanketed in succulent human flesh." How does he respond?
(a) He murders them and flees the room.
(b) He takes them all to the Plaka and buys a round of drinks.
(c) He succumbs to the pleasures of their necks.
(d) He sends the women away without feeding on them.
14. What enemy did Lestat slay when he was mortal?
(a) The Three Musketeers.
(b) Maurading bears.
(d) Highway robbers.
15. Which of the twins usually did the talking in the early days?
(a) Both are mute.
(b) Both; they say everything in unison.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Enkil come to rule his kingdom?
2. Which god does Akasha represent to her subjects?
3. What effect does Maharet's red hair have on Marius' mood?
4. Gabrielle wants to destroy Akasha for taking her son, Lestat. What does she ask Maharet about that plan?
5. What is the threat made against Akasha by one of the twins?
This section contains 890 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)