|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Lestat imbibing when he is with Akasha that gives him power and pleasure?
(a) Baby Jenks' dreams.
(b) Armand's tears.
(c) Stolen morphine.
(d) Akasha's blood.
2. What argument is made regarding mortals in hopes of stalling Akasha's plan?
(a) The human soul and race are evolving on their own toward a peaceful world.
(b) The vampires should take time and develop less violent means of killing the men.
(c) She's been asleep so long, she's lost touch with reality.
(d) Given enough time, human males will eradicate themselves through violence.
3. Where do the remaining vampires gather?
(a) At the Sonoma compound, in a redwood forest.
(b) At the San Francisco Hyatt Regency.
(c) At the icy hideaway where Akasha and Enkil were kept.
(d) In the conference room of the Stanford University Library.
4. What does Akasha want from Lestat, as she is taking him from place to place to see the poor and downtrodden?
(a) She wants him to die with her in a flaming pyre.
(b) She wants his body, heart, and soul.
(c) She wants him to believe in her and become like her.
(d) She wants him to act like a man and take care of her.
5. What is Marius' condition when Pandora rescues him from the ice?
(a) He is a good as new, well-groomed, and eager for battle.
(b) He has many broken bones, but his spirit is exuberant.
(c) His physical injuries are healing, but he is sad and exhausted.
(d) He is unconscious and not expected to survive.
6. What does Marahet say about Akasha?
(a) "She is the Queen of the Damned and the Damned can't live without her."
(b) "We are damned if we do kill her and damned if we don't."
(c) "She has a vicious temper, but she loves us all as her children."
(d) "My loyalty is to the Queen and the rest of you are damned."
7. What skill does Lestat gain when he is with Akasha?
(a) The ability to summon demons.
(b) The power to throw lightning bolts.
(c) The power to create massive storms.
(d) The ability to fly.
8. What does the spirit Amel give to Akasha?
(a) A necklace she has lost as a child.
(b) A gold bracelet that belonged to her mother.
(c) A cape which would make her invisible.
(d) A blouse woven from the fine hair of infants.
9. What does Maharet reveal to the gathering?
(a) She tells them her twin is alive, though her whereabouts are unknown.
(b) That she, Maharet, has been sending the dreams.
(c) That Akasha is, in fact, her twin.
(d) She says she has found the body of her sister in the jungle.
10. Akasha knows something about Lestat's nature. What is it?
(a) He has attention deficit disorder.
(b) He is a compulsive overeater.
(c) He is argumentative.
(d) He cannot obey anyone for very long.
11. What image blinks through Lestat's mind when he looks at Jesse?
(a) A witch melting, melting...into a puddle of water.
(b) Two red-haired women with the body of their mother.
(c) A mud-covered woman striding through the forest.
(d) Black crows plucking out the eyes of a witch.
12. Which part of their mother's body does Mekare and Mahareta believe is most significant?
(a) The tongue.
(b) The liver.
(c) The brain.
(d) The heart.
13. What is Akasha's response when Lestat demands they go to his friends?
(a) She slaps him.
(b) She kisses him passionately.
(c) She calls for the bellman.
(d) She laughs hysterically.
14. What does Marius wish he had done when he had the chance?
(a) Written down his experiences and made them into a blockbuster movie.
(b) Destroyed the Queen and King and,with them, all vampires.
(c) Danced and made merry, without the worry of keeping the Queen and King.
(d) Disappeared into the centuries to lead a life of debauchery.
15. What insight does Akasha have at the conference that both shocks and saddens her?
(a) Lestat has been seeing Jesse all along.
(b) Not a single one of the survivors, not even Lestat, agrees with her vision.
(c) The survivors lntend to withdraw her blood and bank it for future use.
(d) Every single one of the survivors is doomed to die from sun-poisoning.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who or what mortally wounded Akasha and Enkil when they were humans?
2. What has Lestat become, as he and Akasha leave Greece?
3. How do Akasha and Lestat get to their first destination?
4. Who is the first vampire at the meeting to raise objections to Akasha's plan?
5. Gabrielle wants to destroy Akasha for taking her son, Lestat. What does she ask Maharet about that plan?
This section contains 886 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)