|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Marius notices that every surviving vampire has in common?
(a) Though "monsters," each is beautiful in his or her own way.
(b) Each is more than six feet tall.
(c) Every one of them is unattractive, with lanky hair and blank eyes.
(d) They all smell the same.
2. What is Lestat imbibing when he is with Akasha that gives him power and pleasure?
(a) Armand's tears.
(b) Akasha's blood.
(c) Stolen morphine.
(d) Baby Jenks' dreams.
3. Why is Marius so anxious to see Armando?
(a) Armando has taken another lover and Marius wants to berate him.
(b) Marius believes Armando has the power to bring back Marius' youth.
(c) Armando borrowed a fortune from Marius in another century, and never repaid it.
(d) Marius loves him and makes Armando a vampire to preserve him forever.
4. What does Akasha want from Lestat, as she is taking him from place to place to see the poor and downtrodden?
(a) She wants him to act like a man and take care of her.
(b) She wants him to believe in her and become like her.
(c) She wants him to die with her in a flaming pyre.
(d) She wants his body, heart, and soul.
5. What skill does Lestat gain when he is with Akasha?
(a) The ability to summon demons.
(b) The power to throw lightning bolts.
(c) The ability to fly.
(d) The power to create massive storms.
6. What is the "blood god" wearing when Akasha and Lestat arrive?
(a) A caftan of spun gold.
(b) A Juicy Couture velour sweat suit.
(c) A suit woven of the softest cashmere.
(d) A black silk turban and jeweled robes.
7. What does Marius wish he had done when he had the chance?
(a) Disappeared into the centuries to lead a life of debauchery.
(b) Danced and made merry, without the worry of keeping the Queen and King.
(c) Written down his experiences and made them into a blockbuster movie.
(d) Destroyed the Queen and King and,with them, all vampires.
8. What is the reaction of Akasha and Enkil to their transformation?
9. What does Maharet reveal to the gathering?
(a) She tells them her twin is alive, though her whereabouts are unknown.
(b) She says she has found the body of her sister in the jungle.
(c) That Akasha is, in fact, her twin.
(d) That she, Maharet, has been sending the dreams.
10. How does Lestat feel about killing for Akasha?
(a) Hesitant, but willing.
(b) Nervous and excited.
(c) Ready, willing, and able.
(d) Uneasy and reluctant.
11. How does Akasha pass time while she sits on the golden throne?
(a) She would inhabit the body of someone who walked the earth.
(b) She imagines a world without vampires.
(c) She practices speaking foreign languages.
(d) She creates complicated crossword puzzles in her mind.
12. Which god does Akasha represent to her subjects?
(d) Louis XIII.
13. What has Lestat become, as he and Akasha leave Greece?
(a) A man-child, powerless around women.
(b) The last, best hope of mankind.
(c) The embodiment of evil in the eyes of mortals.
(d) A wealthy potentate, dressed in silks and fine leather.
14. What is Akasha's only weakness?
(a) Chronic anemia.
(b) Her inability to admit she is wrong.
(c) Her passion for the finest treasures of all time.
(d) She needs Lestat because she is afraid of being alone.
15. What is the only solution the twins can offer Akasha and Enkil to end their torment?
(a) Seek the advice of a shaman to be found in the jungles of Peru.
(b) Entice the spirit out with the sacrifice of 49 tender children.
(c) Walk seven times around a fire, while the witches chant and spirits pray.
(d) Commit suicide and deprive the evil spirit of their bodies.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Lestat do inadvertently to his watch and purposefully to a mirror?
2. What is Akasha's response when Lestat demands they go to his friends?
3. Where do Lestat and Akasha go after putting their plan into effect in Greece?
4. What is Marius' condition when Pandora rescues him from the ice?
5. What has Maharet been doing during the vampire catastrophes?
This section contains 777 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)