|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What effect does Maharet's red hair have on Marius' mood?
(a) He is disgusted and thinks she should update the style.
(b) He has the urge to wrap it around him like a cloak.
(c) He is entranced by it momentarily and feels joyful again.
(d) It makes him think of his mother.
2. What is Lestat imbibing when he is with Akasha that gives him power and pleasure?
(a) Stolen morphine.
(b) Akasha's blood.
(c) Armand's tears.
(d) Baby Jenks' dreams.
3. What sort of creatures are Mekare, Maharet, and their mother?
(b) Evil spirits.
(c) Disco queens.
(d) Blood drinkers.
4. What was Lestat's childhood ambition?
(a) To rule the countryside from his father's castle.
(b) To become a vampire.
(c) To become a priest and do good.
(d) To become the most famous wolf-slayer in France.
5. Where does Akasha take Lestat after she kidnaps him from the concert.?
(a) The old theater district in Paris.
(b) His father's ruined castle.
(c) The pyramids in Egypt.
(d) The Sonoma compound.
6. What image blinks through Lestat's mind when he looks at Jesse?
(a) A witch melting, melting...into a puddle of water.
(b) Black crows plucking out the eyes of a witch.
(c) Two red-haired women with the body of their mother.
(d) A mud-covered woman striding through the forest.
7. What does the spirit Amel give to Akasha?
(a) A gold bracelet that belonged to her mother.
(b) A cape which would make her invisible.
(c) A blouse woven from the fine hair of infants.
(d) A necklace she has lost as a child.
8. What secret does Khayman keep from the King and Queen after the twins return home?
(a) The evil spirit Amel was tormenting him, disrupting his home and stealing things.
(b) That a band of spirits would help him flee Egypt.
(c) That Mahareta had born his child.
(d) He knew the location of a tomb holding vast golden treasures.
9. Why is Marius so anxious to see Armando?
(a) Marius believes Armando has the power to bring back Marius' youth.
(b) Armando has taken another lover and Marius wants to berate him.
(c) Armando borrowed a fortune from Marius in another century, and never repaid it.
(d) Marius loves him and makes Armando a vampire to preserve him forever.
10. The idea that Mekare is alive and sending the dreams causes what emotions among the older vampires?
(a) Joy that she is alive and apparently coming to see them.
(b) A certain dread about her purpose in sending the dreams.
(c) Apprehension that she will join ranks with their enemies.
(d) Annoyance that their sleep has been so badly disturbed the past 10 nights.
11. What is the only solution the twins can offer Akasha and Enkil to end their torment?
(a) Commit suicide and deprive the evil spirit of their bodies.
(b) Entice the spirit out with the sacrifice of 49 tender children.
(c) Walk seven times around a fire, while the witches chant and spirits pray.
(d) Seek the advice of a shaman to be found in the jungles of Peru.
12. What has Jesse seen that startles Marius?
(a) The painting Marius made of Armand, surrounded by angels.
(b) The possibility of making a hit television series about vampires.
(c) The pinnacle of Mt. Everest where there is secret coven.
(d) A ruby ring worn by the mother of the red-haired twins.
13. What does Akasha say about her temperament?
(a) She has matured and calmed down during the years of dormancy.
(b) She has always been a ruler and doesn't intend to give it up now.
(c) She knows she is strong, powerful and bold.
(d) She might have a temper but, deep down, her heart is soft.
14. What does Lestat do inadvertently to his watch and purposefully to a mirror?
(a) Gives them to a beggar below the balcony of his room.
(b) Breaks them with the power of his mind.
(c) Makes them burst into flames with the power of his mind.
(d) Smashes them with his boot.
15. What argument is made regarding mortals in hopes of stalling Akasha's plan?
(a) The human soul and race are evolving on their own toward a peaceful world.
(b) She's been asleep so long, she's lost touch with reality.
(c) Given enough time, human males will eradicate themselves through violence.
(d) The vampires should take time and develop less violent means of killing the men.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why do the people of Mount Carmel eat their dead?
2. What is Akasha's response when Lestat demands they go to his friends?
3. What does Akasha want from Lestat, as she is taking him from place to place to see the poor and downtrodden?
4. What does Akasha believe will be the result of her reign?
5. Where do the remaining vampires gather?
This section contains 891 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)