|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Khayman want the twins to become vampires?
(a) He needs help fighting Akasha and Enkil.
(b) One is a lonely number, three is a party.
(c) He, too, is an evil spirit and wants to debauch others.
(d) Misery loves company.
2. What is the threat made against Akasha by one of the twins?
(a) A man named Dracula will drive a stake through Akasha's heart, killing her.
(b) Akasha's heart will be set afire and eaten, creating a dessert called baked Akasha.
(c) Vast Egyptian armies will surround Akasha with fire, so she will die slowly.
(d) She will strike Akasha down, even if it means rising from the dead.
3. Who is the first vampire at the meeting to raise objections to Akasha's plan?
4. What has Maharet been doing during the vampire catastrophes?
(a) She has been consumed with protecting Jesse.
(b) She has been preparing the compound for guests, knowing they would arrive soon.
(c) She has been hiding in her tomb to escape destruction.
(d) She has been searching for her sister, Mekare.
5. Which of the twins usually did the talking in the early days?
(a) Both; they say everything in unison.
(b) Both are mute.
6. Why doesn't Akasha accept Lestat's suggestion that she just dazzle men into obedience rather than kill them?
(a) She is writing a feminist manifesto; the death of men is essential to the plot.
(b) She doesn't want Lestat to think she gives any weight to his opinions.
(c) She won't be able to control women, if the men are still around.
(d) She doesn't believe the men would ever obey her; they would die first.
7. What insight does Akasha have at the conference that both shocks and saddens her?
(a) The survivors lntend to withdraw her blood and bank it for future use.
(b) Lestat has been seeing Jesse all along.
(c) Not a single one of the survivors, not even Lestat, agrees with her vision.
(d) Every single one of the survivors is doomed to die from sun-poisoning.
8. What finally breaks Khayman's spirit?
(a) The rotting corpse of his father, dancing at the front door.
(b) A big dead fish, wrapped in newspapers.
(c) A severed horse head under his sheets.
(d) A brown bag on his doorstep, filled with excrement.
9. What is the "blood god" wearing when Akasha and Lestat arrive?
(a) A suit woven of the softest cashmere.
(b) A black silk turban and jeweled robes.
(c) A caftan of spun gold.
(d) A Juicy Couture velour sweat suit.
10. What does Marius wish he had done when he had the chance?
(a) Written down his experiences and made them into a blockbuster movie.
(b) Danced and made merry, without the worry of keeping the Queen and King.
(c) Disappeared into the centuries to lead a life of debauchery.
(d) Destroyed the Queen and King and,with them, all vampires.
11. What enemy did Lestat slay when he was mortal?
(a) Highway robbers.
(c) Maurading bears.
(d) The Three Musketeers.
12. Where do Akasha and Lestat go first so she could begin her killing spree?
(a) A temple in the Himalayas.
(b) Mao's home, overlooking the Great Wall in China.
(c) A World Cup soccer match in London.
(d) The castle of Zeus near Athens.
13. How does Enkil come to rule his kingdom?
(a) His mother dies and there are no female realtives to ascend to the throne.
(b) He is chosen by lottery, as is the custom of his people.
(c) The people of the Nile Valley anoint him king while he is still a child.
(d) Like Oedipus, he slays his father and marries his mother.
14. What does Akasha want from Lestat, as she is taking him from place to place to see the poor and downtrodden?
(a) She wants his body, heart, and soul.
(b) She wants him to believe in her and become like her.
(c) She wants him to act like a man and take care of her.
(d) She wants him to die with her in a flaming pyre.
15. What does Lestat do inadvertently to his watch and purposefully to a mirror?
(a) Breaks them with the power of his mind.
(b) Makes them burst into flames with the power of his mind.
(c) Smashes them with his boot.
(d) Gives them to a beggar below the balcony of his room.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why is Marius so anxious to see Armando?
2. What was Lestat's childhood ambition?
3. Gabrielle wants to destroy Akasha for taking her son, Lestat. What does she ask Maharet about that plan?
4. Why do the people of Mount Carmel eat their dead?
5. What is the only solution the twins can offer Akasha and Enkil to end their torment?
This section contains 951 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)