|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What are <i>The Vampire Chronicles</i>?
(a) A band that got its start at Six Flags.
(b) The on-going exploits at a school for dentistry.
(c) The saga of modern-day vampires fighting to save the human race.
(d) The history of giants of the newspaper industry.
2. What does Lestat look like?
(a) Blond hair, grey eyes, leather jacket and tight jeans.
(b) Auburn-haired, big brown eyes, tattered jeans and buttoned-down shirts.
(c) Dark hair and eyes, a little pudgy and sloppy in his dress.
(d) Blond and blue-eyed, with a taste for tailored suits.
3. How is Enkil related to Akasha?
(a) Enkil is Akasha's son.
(b) Enkil doesn't know Akasha.
(c) Enkil creates Akasha.
(d) Enkil is Akasha's husband.
4. Why is it important that Akasha and Enkil not be destroyed?
(a) If both of them are destroyed, all other vampires will also cease to exist.
(b) Their deaths would create smog lethal to anyone who breathed it.
(c) They are the George and Martha Washington of vampires.
(d) They are a constant source of valuable blood.
5. What is Lestat's reaction when he realizes something or someone is preventing him from the attacking crowd?
(a) He is grateful; he hadn't realized he had stirred up so much hate.
(b) He is in a rage because he has been robbed of his hoped-for battle.
(c) He is miserable because he never intended to cause so much trouble.
(d) He doesn't really care; he is used to being taken care of.
6. What does Lestat hope will happen at the concert?
(a) That mortals will recognize him as evil and want to destroy him.
(b) That his mother will meet a suitable vampire of her own age and get her own apartment.
(c) That his album will go platinum and he will buy Neverland Ranch.
(d) That other vampires will follow his lead and reveal themselves to humans.
7. What was Lestat's ambition as a young man?
(a) To study art at the Sorbonne.
(b) To become an actor in Paris.
(c) To write music with Bach as his teacher.
(d) To attend medical school in Berlin.
8. What color is Jesse's hair?
9. What is Azim's plan for dealing with the danger he feels?
(a) He plans to gather an army of old vampires and ferret out the problem.
(b) He plans to move to New Delhi and pass as a street beggar.
(c) He plans to ignore and continue his lifestyle.
(d) He plans to cast a telepathic dome of silence over his temple, so that it cannot be found.
10. How does Lestat pass for human?
(a) By wearing a George W. Bush mask.
(b) By keeping his collar up and wearing a hat and dark glasses.
(c) By using makeup, skillfully applied.
(d) By projecting an aura that confuses onlookers.
11. How does Azim feel about Marius?
(a) Respectful, because Marius is the keeper of Akasha and Enkil.
(b) Resentful, because Marius "stole" the Mother and the Father.
(c) Disgusted, because Marius is very picky about which blood types he will imbibe.
(d) Jealous, because Marius owns a really fabulous property in San Francisco.
12. When Baby Jenks reveals to her mother that she was no longer a virgin, what does her mother do?
(a) She becomes very upset and locks Baby Jenks in the trailer.
(b) She looks away from Baby Jenks and goes back to work, humming.
(c) She says, "Do you want some supper, honey?"
(d) She offers to teach Baby Jenks how to cook, so she would have a career.
13. When do other vampires plan to kill Lestat?
(a) The night of his Halloween concert.
(b) Christmas Eve, at midnight services.
(c) During final episode of "Dancing With the Stars."
(d) High noon.
14. What do Armand and Daniel do after becoming a couple?
(a) Get rich and buy a private island offshore from Miami.
(b) Settle in Paris and open an exclusive cooking school.
(c) Move to New York and go broke when the stock market crashes.
(d) Take a world cruise, on which Armand drinks the blood of rich women and Daniel takes their money.
15. What does the archeologist discover?
(a) A papyrus cup with lipstick prints from two red-haired women.
(b) A tribe of redheads, living in Peruvian jungles.
(c) A Sumerian tablet marked "Legend of the Twins."
(d) Matching cave paintings, one in Palestine and one in Peru.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Mael's theory regarding the Queen's motives in killing most vampires but allowing some to live?
2. What is the treasure being handed over?
3. What kind of publication or broadcast is used to summarize information from the first two books for the reader?
4. How is Lestat's character described?
5. At the St. Louis coven house, what does the sole surviving vampire tell Baby Jenks about covens in the rest of the world?
This section contains 972 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)