|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Daniel have to do to avoid being killed by Armand?
(a) Drink the blood of the first blonde he meets on Saturday night.
(b) Keep Armand amused by trying, over and over, to escape.
(c) Convert three houses New Orleans townhouses into an exclusive vampire retreat called The Night Club.
(d) Give up trying to become a vampire.
2. What is the treasure being handed over?
(a) A golden goblet containing the blood of the twins' mother.
(b) An ancient sword with mystical powers.
(c) A baby with red hair.
(d) A ruby, which had been crystalized from the twins' blood.
3. What is the Fang Gang's planned destination, once Baby Jenks rejoins them in Dallas?
(a) To Tijuana to escape the destruction of covens.
(b) To California for Lestat's concert.
(c) To Gun Barrel City to terrorize the locals.
(d) To St. Louis for a party under the Arch.
4. Why does Maharet decide, despite her earlier reluctance, to make Jesse into one of the undead?
(a) Because Jesse is so badly injured, she is going to die.
(b) She has taken some bad acid at the concert and isn't thinking straight.
(c) She makes her undead out of anger that Jesse has disobeyed her and gone to the concert.
(d) She realizes she is going to need all the allies she could get in the coming crisis.
5. How is Enkil related to Akasha?
(a) Enkil creates Akasha.
(b) Enkil doesn't know Akasha.
(c) Enkil is Akasha's husband.
(d) Enkil is Akasha's son.
6. Why does Khayman decide to go to the live concert in San Francisco?
(a) Because he hears Lestat's music.
(b) Because he has no friends and nowhere else to go.
(c) Because he has always wanted to ride the cable cars.
(d) Because he thinks it will be his generation's Woodstock.
7. What does the archeologist tell his patron when she arrives in Rio?
(a) That the twins are still alive, imprisoned in the jungle.
(b) Nothing, he realizes she was a vampire with evil intent.
(c) That she would live forever, if she could find the twins' ruby.
(d) Nothing, he has already died.
8. What is special or different about Claudia?
(a) She doesn't age mentally beyond 21, but her body ages at four times the normal speed.
(b) She ages mentally and emotionally, but not physically.
(c) She is clairvoyant and could connect with anyone under the age of 15.
(d) She sleeps in a closet.
9. How old is Jesse when she visits Maharet?
10. What is worrying Azim when Pandora arrives to question him about Marius?
(a) He keeps dreaming about red-haired twins.
(b) Global warming is causing major snow melts in the Himalayas.
(c) His dog is old and Azim can't decide whether to make him a vampire.
(d) The diminishing number of people willing to sacrifice themselves to him.
11. Where is Pandora headed when the reader first sees her?
(a) Into Miami, to join the nightclub scene.
(b) Into the Himalayas, to Azim's temple.
(c) Into Sonoma valley, looking for her coven of vampires.
(d) Into the jungles of Peru, looking for the cave paintings.
12. Who is the original vampire?
(d) Baby Jenks
13. What kind of vehicle does Baby Jenks have?
(a) A old hearse.
(b) A 12-speed racing bike.
(c) A Harley motorcycle.
(d) A bright red moped.
14. What is Talamasca?
(a) A secret society of vampires.
(b) An Italian restaurant in London with a back bar for vampires.
(c) A secret organization dedicated to investigating supernatural and paranormal incidents.
(d) The code name for gaining entry in the Sonoma compound.
15. At the St. Louis coven house, what does the sole surviving vampire tell Baby Jenks about covens in the rest of the world?
(a) "Paris has gone up like the fireworks on Bastille Day and London is ding-dong dead."
(b) "The East Coast has been burnt out like a circuit of lights. There is no answer at the coven house in Paris or Berlin."
(c) "The Mexico City house has been stamped out like a cucaracha and Panama City has gone down the drain."
(d) "Houston went up like a rocket and Memphis is as dead as a sad country song."
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Baby Jenks think her mother was a fool?
2. When do other vampires plan to kill Lestat?
3. What is Azim's plan for dealing with the danger he feels?
4. What is an acolyte?
5. What emotion does Lestat look forward to feeling during his concert?
This section contains 899 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)