|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What happens to the flesh of vampires as they age?
(a) It decays into a waxy, soap-like substance.
(b) It mummifies.
(c) It turns into a white, marble-like substance.
(d) It depends on how much they exercise.
2. What is Azim's plan for dealing with the danger he feels?
(a) He plans to cast a telepathic dome of silence over his temple, so that it cannot be found.
(b) He plans to ignore and continue his lifestyle.
(c) He plans to gather an army of old vampires and ferret out the problem.
(d) He plans to move to New Delhi and pass as a street beggar.
3. Does Khayman wish or ask to be made a blood drinker?
(a) Yes, he begs the Queen to make him a blood drinker and promises to do all she asks.
(b) No, he is trapped in the forest and made by an evil spirit.
(c) No, the Queen takes him by surprise.
(d) Yes, he earns the right performing a certain number of tasks--the equivelent of a high-level frequent flyer's award.
4. What does Baby Jenks feel as her mother dies?
(a) She feels aggravated and then she feels that her mother must have been the devil.
(b) She feels sad her mother never knew of her success as a vampire.
(c) She is sorrow-stricken, then gets angry that her mother has died and left her alone.
(d) First she feels impatient, then she feels that her mother was all-knowing.
5. Where is Pandora headed when the reader first sees her?
(a) Into the jungles of Peru, looking for the cave paintings.
(b) Into the Himalayas, to Azim's temple.
(c) Into Miami, to join the nightclub scene.
(d) Into Sonoma valley, looking for her coven of vampires.
6. What happens to vampires as they age?
(a) They lose their taste for human blood.
(b) They become transparent.
(c) They wrinkle terribly around the eyes.
(d) They turn into white marble.
7. What do Armand and Daniel do after becoming a couple?
(a) Settle in Paris and open an exclusive cooking school.
(b) Take a world cruise, on which Armand drinks the blood of rich women and Daniel takes their money.
(c) Get rich and buy a private island offshore from Miami.
(d) Move to New York and go broke when the stock market crashes.
8. What does Lestat hope will happen at the concert?
(a) That his mother will meet a suitable vampire of her own age and get her own apartment.
(b) That mortals will recognize him as evil and want to destroy him.
(c) That other vampires will follow his lead and reveal themselves to humans.
(d) That his album will go platinum and he will buy Neverland Ranch.
9. What is worrying Azim when Pandora arrives to question him about Marius?
(a) He keeps dreaming about red-haired twins.
(b) Global warming is causing major snow melts in the Himalayas.
(c) His dog is old and Azim can't decide whether to make him a vampire.
(d) The diminishing number of people willing to sacrifice themselves to him.
10. What are The Vampire Chronicles?
(a) The history of giants of the newspaper industry.
(b) The on-going exploits at a school for dentistry.
(c) A band that got its start at Six Flags.
(d) The saga of modern-day vampires fighting to save the human race.
11. Lestat's concert took place in what city?
(a) New Orleans.
(b) The Emerald City.
(d) San Francisco
12. How does Azim feel about Marius?
(a) Respectful, because Marius is the keeper of Akasha and Enkil.
(b) Jealous, because Marius owns a really fabulous property in San Francisco.
(c) Disgusted, because Marius is very picky about which blood types he will imbibe.
(d) Resentful, because Marius "stole" the Mother and the Father.
13. What realization does Khayman come to even before the concert begins?
(a) That he is way too old to attend a modern concert, with all the noise and light.
(b) Mortal fans can sense the presence of the blood-drinkers at the concert.
(c) Talamasca is the financial promoter of the concert and is actually filming a documentary on vampires.
(d) Jesse is Maharet's mortal child, is a member of Talamasca, and is in danger.
14. How is the archeologist's discovery of the caves and the Legend of the Twins received in the academic world.
(a) Badly, he became a laughingstock.
(b) Badly, he was exposed as a fraud and sent to prison.
(c) Wonderfully, he received the Nobel Prize.
(d) Wonderfully, he became the subject of a series of movies starring Harrison Ford.
15. What revelation does the archeologist have on his deathbed?
(a) He finally recognizes that his benefactress was in love with him and wished to marry.
(b) That his daughter is a vampire, the descendant of the twins.
(c) He believes that his dreams have finally revealed what happened to the twins.
(d) He realizes he wasted his life chasing an unimportant event.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Akasha say to Marius just before she pushes him?
2. One of the cave paintings depicted the twins handing over a treasure. Where was this cave located?
3. What is Lestat's reaction when he realizes something or someone is preventing him from the attacking crowd?
4. Why does Baby Jenks think her mother was a fool?
5. What does the Queen do just before getting to the concert hall?
This section contains 1,008 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)