|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What happens to the flesh of vampires as they age?
(a) It mummifies.
(b) It depends on how much they exercise.
(c) It decays into a waxy, soap-like substance.
(d) It turns into a white, marble-like substance.
2. How does Lestat pass for human?
(a) By keeping his collar up and wearing a hat and dark glasses.
(b) By projecting an aura that confuses onlookers.
(c) By using makeup, skillfully applied.
(d) By wearing a George W. Bush mask.
3. What does Daniel have to do to avoid being killed by Armand?
(a) Keep Armand amused by trying, over and over, to escape.
(b) Convert three houses New Orleans townhouses into an exclusive vampire retreat called The Night Club.
(c) Give up trying to become a vampire.
(d) Drink the blood of the first blonde he meets on Saturday night.
4. What does the archeologist tell his patron when she arrives in Rio?
(a) That the twins are still alive, imprisoned in the jungle.
(b) Nothing, he has already died.
(c) That she would live forever, if she could find the twins' ruby.
(d) Nothing, he realizes she was a vampire with evil intent.
5. What is the relationship between Gabrielle and Lestat?
(a) Mother and son.
(b) Distant cousins.
(d) Co-lyricists of Lestat's hit album.
6. How do Khayman, Akasha, Mael, and Armand track one another?
(a) They use bloodhounds.
(b) By using a highly sensitive Garmin GPS system.
(c) Telepathically, by reading one another's thougts.
(d) They have infrared vision that detects phosphorus in vampire flesh.
7. How do Armand and Daniel meet?
(a) Armand was the college roommate of one of Daniel's friends.
(b) Lestat introduces them.
(c) Armand finds Daniel snooping around New Orleans, looking for vampires.
(d) Through an internet dating site called vHarmony.
8. What does Talamasca ask Jesse to investigate?
(a) The existence of the Munchkins, as seen in The Wizard of Oz.
(b) The book Interview with a Vampire.
(c) The original Dracula movie with Bela Legosi.
(d) The red-haired twins.
9. What are The Vampire Chronicles?
(a) The history of giants of the newspaper industry.
(b) The on-going exploits at a school for dentistry.
(c) A band that got its start at Six Flags.
(d) The saga of modern-day vampires fighting to save the human race.
10. What can always kill a vampire?
(a) Fire and sun.
(b) Garlic and onions.
(c) Crosses and a stake through the heart.
(d) Bleach and tabasco sauce.
11. What is worrying Azim when Pandora arrives to question him about Marius?
(a) He keeps dreaming about red-haired twins.
(b) Global warming is causing major snow melts in the Himalayas.
(c) The diminishing number of people willing to sacrifice themselves to him.
(d) His dog is old and Azim can't decide whether to make him a vampire.
12. What does Khayman decide after his encounter with Akasha?
(a) That his resurrection must have something to do with Akasha, and he's sure she will tell him.
(b) That he should avoid her at all costs by fleeing to another continent.
(c) That she might not be as bad as he remembers.
(d) That his resurrection must have something to do with Akasha, but he's not sure what.
13. What is the "dark gift"?
(a) Immortality, by becoming a vampire.
(b) The power to read minds.
(c) Rare dark diamonds, mined in Antarctica.
(d) A black SUV.
14. Why does Baby Jenks think her mother was a fool?
(a) Because her mother always liked her brother best.
(b) Because she made crucifixes out of seashells and sold them at flea markets.
(c) Because she wore pink curlers in her hair and fuzzy slippers while grocery shopping.
(d) Because she never graduated from high school.
15. What does Pandora do after leaving Azim?
(a) She flies into the night, looking for Marius in the frozen north of the New World.
(b) She decides to destroy herself, one way or another, and escape her fate.
(c) She becomes determined to learn more about the red-haired twins.
(d) She writes Marius a note, thanking him for her hospitality.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Lestat look like?
2. What color is Jesse's hair?
3. What is the message Lestat telepathically passes to Jesse when he kisses her during the concert?
4. In what period of time does the "Queen of the Damned" take place?
5. Why does Maharet decide, despite her earlier reluctance, to make Jesse into one of the undead?
This section contains 815 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)