|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. One of the cave paintings depicted the twins handing over a treasure. Where was this cave located?
2. What does the archeologist discover?
(a) A tribe of redheads, living in Peruvian jungles.
(b) A papyrus cup with lipstick prints from two red-haired women.
(c) Matching cave paintings, one in Palestine and one in Peru.
(d) A Sumerian tablet marked "Legend of the Twins."
3. How is Lestat's character described?
(a) Unlikely to draw attention to himself.
(b) Well-dressed and good at keeping secrets.
(c) Shy, but likes to sing karaoke.
(d) Thirsty for fame and adoration.
4. What does Khayman decide after his encounter with Akasha?
(a) That he should avoid her at all costs by fleeing to another continent.
(b) That his resurrection must have something to do with Akasha, but he's not sure what.
(c) That his resurrection must have something to do with Akasha, and he's sure she will tell him.
(d) That she might not be as bad as he remembers.
5. Whose idea is it to have the twins raped, and why?
(a) Akasha's, because she is jealous of their long, glorious curls.
(b) Akasha's, because she is afraid they were gathering an army.
(c) Akasha's, so her subjects would see the twins were mere mortals.
(d) Akasha's, so that she could make a stew of their innards.
6. Where is Pandora headed when the reader first sees her?
(a) Into Sonoma valley, looking for her coven of vampires.
(b) Into Miami, to join the nightclub scene.
(c) Into the Himalayas, to Azim's temple.
(d) Into the jungles of Peru, looking for the cave paintings.
7. What does Marius call Lestat?
(a) The Devil We Know.
(b) The Brat Prince.
(c) The Marble Prince.
(d) Prince Changeling.
8. What causes Akasha to wake up?
(a) A very strong earthquake.
(b) Enkil's snoring.
(c) A sudden electrical malfunction.
(d) Lestat's music.
9. What is Jesse's odd trait while growing up?
(a) She is afraid of electronic devices, so shuns computers, cellphones, etc.
(b) She sees ghosts, including her dead mother.
(c) She speaks in tongues.
(d) She is very nearsighted and lives with the belief the world is fog-shrouded.
10. What does the Queen do just before getting to the concert hall?
(a) She warns city administrators telepathically that there is going to be a blood bath.
(b) She destroys the San Francisco coven, then chases down and immolates any survivors.
(c) She feeds on a dozen homeless children to gain strength for what lay ahead.
(d) She has her nails and fangs "done" at a fancy spa.
11. Who was Akasha in a past life?
(a) Queen of Egypt.
(b) A Greek goddess.
(c) An orphan in Italy.
(d) Queen of Great Britain.
12. What is Marius' job?
(a) Watching over Akasha and Enkil.
(b) Lobbying for research funds to cure anemia.
(c) Assisting newly made vampires in adjusting to the transformation.
(d) Roadie in Lestat's band.
13. How is Enkil related to Akasha?
(a) Enkil is Akasha's husband.
(b) Enkil creates Akasha.
(c) Enkil doesn't know Akasha.
(d) Enkil is Akasha's son.
14. What realization does Khayman come to even before the concert begins?
(a) Talamasca is the financial promoter of the concert and is actually filming a documentary on vampires.
(b) That he is way too old to attend a modern concert, with all the noise and light.
(c) Mortal fans can sense the presence of the blood-drinkers at the concert.
(d) Jesse is Maharet's mortal child, is a member of Talamasca, and is in danger.
15. What is the "dark gift"?
(a) A black SUV.
(b) Immortality, by becoming a vampire.
(c) Rare dark diamonds, mined in Antarctica.
(d) The power to read minds.
Short Answer Questions
1. How old is Jesse when she visits Maharet?
2. What does Armand do after meeting Daniel?
3. What does Baby Jenks see, looking down as she dies?
4. What does Daniel have to do to avoid being killed by Armand?
5. What is the Great Family?
This section contains 739 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)