|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Armand's real motivation for making Daniel a vampire?
(a) The massacres of vampires around the world.
(b) There is nothing else to eat in the house.
(c) Lestat tells Armand that if Armand won't do it, Lestat will.
(d) Armand's own fear of being alone and lonely throughout eternity.
2. What does Pandora do after leaving Azim?
(a) She writes Marius a note, thanking him for her hospitality.
(b) She decides to destroy herself, one way or another, and escape her fate.
(c) She becomes determined to learn more about the red-haired twins.
(d) She flies into the night, looking for Marius in the frozen north of the New World.
3. What is the clue that the archeologist scrawls on a piece of paper as he dies?
(a) "Beware the blood of a red-haired woman."
(b) "Rubies are buried beneath the cave paintings."
(c) "In the jungles--walking."
(d) "Twins ate their mother's heart."
4. Why are other vampires mad at Lestat?
(a) He shows up whenever dinner is on the table.
(b) They are jealous of his success.
(c) He betrayed them by revealing secrets of the vampires.
(d) He borrowed money and never repaid them.
5. What is a legend?
(a) An ancient story with historic roots that takes on symbolic or moral meaning.
(b) An old adverstising slogan for mink coats: "What becomes a legend most?"
(c) A fairy tale that doesn't end "happily ever after."
(d) A handsome man with a history of dangerous adventures all over the world.
6. Identify one of Armand's major fears.
(a) He will be alone through eternity.
(b) Daniel's mother will move to Miami.
(c) He'll be caught robbing a blood bank.
(d) A Category 5 hurricane will destroy Night Island.
7. One of the cave paintings depicted the twins handing over a treasure. Where was this cave located?
8. Does Khayman wish or ask to be made a blood drinker?
(a) Yes, he begs the Queen to make him a blood drinker and promises to do all she asks.
(b) No, the Queen takes him by surprise.
(c) No, he is trapped in the forest and made by an evil spirit.
(d) Yes, he earns the right performing a certain number of tasks--the equivelent of a high-level frequent flyer's award.
9. What happened to Jesse's parents?
(a) They time-traveled to another universe.
(b) They died in a car crash.
(c) They were killed by vampires.
(d) They abandoned her at a hospital.
10. What does Akasha say to Marius just before she pushes him?
(a) "You must forgive me. I'm going now."
(b) "You never changed the channel when I asked."
(c) "You've been a bad servant and I hate you."
(d) "You shouldn't have kept us in this icy vault."
11. What is Daniel doing when he meets Armand?
(a) Impersonating a vampire.
(b) Drinking Bloody Marys at Sunday brunch.
(c) Looking for Lestat.
(d) Pilfering markers from a New Orleans graveyard.
12. What are the red-haired twins eating in Daniel's visionary dream about them?
(a) Their mother's heart and brain.
(b) Their grandmother.
(c) The leg of a lioness.
(d) A vegetarian feast of grilled vegetables and polenta.
13. What does the archeologist tell his patron when she arrives in Rio?
(a) Nothing, he realizes she was a vampire with evil intent.
(b) That the twins are still alive, imprisoned in the jungle.
(c) Nothing, he has already died.
(d) That she would live forever, if she could find the twins' ruby.
14. What does Lestat look like?
(a) Dark hair and eyes, a little pudgy and sloppy in his dress.
(b) Blond hair, grey eyes, leather jacket and tight jeans.
(c) Auburn-haired, big brown eyes, tattered jeans and buttoned-down shirts.
(d) Blond and blue-eyed, with a taste for tailored suits.
15. What does Maharet do when she discovers Mael "kissing" Jesse.
(a) Maharet lures Mael away with an offer of food and wine.
(b) Maharet ignores the situation.
(c) Maharet cries and throws a tantrum.
(d) Maharet hits Mael, sending Mael flying into the air.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the relationship between Gabrielle and Lestat?
2. What does the red-haired woman in Khayman's dream eat?
3. What is special or different about Claudia?
4. What does Pandora remember most vividly about feeding on a human's blood?
5. What revelation does the archeologist have on his deathbed?
This section contains 804 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)