|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How is Enkil related to Akasha?
(a) Enkil is Akasha's son.
(b) Enkil doesn't know Akasha.
(c) Enkil creates Akasha.
(d) Enkil is Akasha's husband.
2. What is Armand's real motivation for making Daniel a vampire?
(a) Armand's own fear of being alone and lonely throughout eternity.
(b) There is nothing else to eat in the house.
(c) The massacres of vampires around the world.
(d) Lestat tells Armand that if Armand won't do it, Lestat will.
3. What is the relationship between Gabrielle and Lestat?
(a) Mother and son.
(b) Co-lyricists of Lestat's hit album.
(c) Distant cousins.
4. As Jesse is dying, what vision does she see?
(a) She sees Miriam fighting with the vampire who attacked her.
(b) She sees a small, marble-like woman floating in the clouds, laughing.
(c) That she is walking through a jungle, brushing aside vines to get to the bank of the river.
(d) The image of a cackling old woman on a bicycle, pedaling madly with a tiny dog in the bike basket.
5. Does Khayman wish or ask to be made a blood drinker?
(a) No, he is trapped in the forest and made by an evil spirit.
(b) Yes, he earns the right performing a certain number of tasks--the equivelent of a high-level frequent flyer's award.
(c) Yes, he begs the Queen to make him a blood drinker and promises to do all she asks.
(d) No, the Queen takes him by surprise.
6. What is Daniel doing when he meets Armand?
(a) Pilfering markers from a New Orleans graveyard.
(b) Drinking Bloody Marys at Sunday brunch.
(c) Impersonating a vampire.
(d) Looking for Lestat.
7. What does the archeologist discover?
(a) A Sumerian tablet marked "Legend of the Twins."
(b) Matching cave paintings, one in Palestine and one in Peru.
(c) A papyrus cup with lipstick prints from two red-haired women.
(d) A tribe of redheads, living in Peruvian jungles.
8. What is Talamasca?
(a) An Italian restaurant in London with a back bar for vampires.
(b) A secret society of vampires.
(c) The code name for gaining entry in the Sonoma compound.
(d) A secret organization dedicated to investigating supernatural and paranormal incidents.
9. What does Daniel have to do to avoid being killed by Armand?
(a) Give up trying to become a vampire.
(b) Keep Armand amused by trying, over and over, to escape.
(c) Convert three houses New Orleans townhouses into an exclusive vampire retreat called The Night Club.
(d) Drink the blood of the first blonde he meets on Saturday night.
10. How old are the cave paintings that tell the Legend of the Twins?
(a) No one knows for sure.
(b) At least 6,000 years.
(c) They are fakes, created in 1966.
(d) 12,000 years.
11. How long have Akasha and Enkil been dormant?
(a) 12 centuries.
(b) 600 years.
(c) 6,000 years.
(d) 30 minutes.
12. What are The Vampire Chronicles?
(a) The saga of modern-day vampires fighting to save the human race.
(b) The history of giants of the newspaper industry.
(c) The on-going exploits at a school for dentistry.
(d) A band that got its start at Six Flags.
13. What emotion does Lestat look forward to feeling during his concert?
(a) Excitement at the prospect of a battle with other vampires.
(b) Amusement at the horror the audience would feel, seeing him drink blood.
(c) Sorrow for the destruction of the human race.
(d) The joy of making music and performing, of feeling human.
14. How does Pandora know that Marius is in danger?
(a) There was a front-page article in the Wall Street Journal.
(b) She has a vague sense. There's something in the air she can't explain.
(c) She's heard him "broadcasting" the danger alert, telepathically.
(d) She's dreamed about him falling into the ice.
15. What does Akasha do when she awakens?
(a) Stretches, to get the kinks out after 6,000 years of not moving a muscle.
(b) Hacks into the city's computer system as a demonstration of power.
(c) Vows to establish unity between Lestat and his critics.
(d) Kills her husband, by turning him to glass.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is special or different about Claudia?
2. What is Lestat's reaction when he realizes something or someone is preventing him from the attacking crowd?
3. What is the Great Family?
4. What does Talamasca ask Jesse to investigate?
5. What is an acolyte?
This section contains 860 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)