|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Daniel have to do to avoid being killed by Armand?
(a) Drink the blood of the first blonde he meets on Saturday night.
(b) Convert three houses New Orleans townhouses into an exclusive vampire retreat called The Night Club.
(c) Keep Armand amused by trying, over and over, to escape.
(d) Give up trying to become a vampire.
2. What is Maharet's family role?
(a) Maharet is the family's flighty maiden aunt.
(b) Maheret is the family's bookkeeper.
(c) Maharet is the family's consigliere.
(d) Maharet is the family's historian.
3. What effect does drinking the blood of Marius have on Pandora?
(a) It gives her a momentary surge of power.
(b) It puts a glow in her cheeks.
(c) It makes her able to hear Marius' warning directly.
(d) It makes her sick to her stomach.
4. Why does Khayman decide to go to the live concert in San Francisco?
(a) Because he hears Lestat's music.
(b) Because he has always wanted to ride the cable cars.
(c) Because he has no friends and nowhere else to go.
(d) Because he thinks it will be his generation's Woodstock.
5. What does Pandora remember most vividly about feeding on a human's blood?
(a) The slightly spicy taste of blood.
(b) The momentary union with another soul.
(c) The pounding of a heart as she squeezes it into her mouth.
(d) The way it makes her sleepy and peaceful for at least a week afterwards.
6. What happens to Daniel after he sips some of Armand's blood?
(a) Armand is treated for anemia.
(b) Daniel becomes a vampire.
(c) Daniel throws up.
(d) Daniel becomes a follower of Armand.
7. What can always kill a vampire?
(a) Fire and sun.
(b) Crosses and a stake through the heart.
(c) Garlic and onions.
(d) Bleach and tabasco sauce.
8. What does Khayman decide after his encounter with Akasha?
(a) That his resurrection must have something to do with Akasha, and he's sure she will tell him.
(b) That his resurrection must have something to do with Akasha, but he's not sure what.
(c) That he should avoid her at all costs by fleeing to another continent.
(d) That she might not be as bad as he remembers.
9. What is the clue that the archeologist scrawls on a piece of paper as he dies?
(a) "Beware the blood of a red-haired woman."
(b) "Rubies are buried beneath the cave paintings."
(c) "Twins ate their mother's heart."
(d) "In the jungles--walking."
10. What does Talamasca ask Jesse to investigate?
(a) The existence of the Munchkins, as seen in The Wizard of Oz.
(b) The book Interview with a Vampire.
(c) The red-haired twins.
(d) The original Dracula movie with Bela Legosi.
11. Who summarizes the two previous books in the prologue?
(d) The Queen of the Damned.
12. Who is the original vampire?
(d) Baby Jenks
13. What is worrying Azim when Pandora arrives to question him about Marius?
(a) Global warming is causing major snow melts in the Himalayas.
(b) He keeps dreaming about red-haired twins.
(c) His dog is old and Azim can't decide whether to make him a vampire.
(d) The diminishing number of people willing to sacrifice themselves to him.
14. What is the treasure being handed over?
(a) A golden goblet containing the blood of the twins' mother.
(b) An ancient sword with mystical powers.
(c) A ruby, which had been crystalized from the twins' blood.
(d) A baby with red hair.
15. Why is it important that Akasha and Enkil not be destroyed?
(a) Their deaths would create smog lethal to anyone who breathed it.
(b) If both of them are destroyed, all other vampires will also cease to exist.
(c) They are a constant source of valuable blood.
(d) They are the George and Martha Washington of vampires.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Armand's real motivation for making Daniel a vampire?
2. What are the Himalayas?
3. What is the message Lestat telepathically passes to Jesse when he kisses her during the concert?
4. What does Lestat hope will happen at the concert?
5. How is Lestat's character described?
This section contains 813 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)