|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What do Armand and Daniel do after becoming a couple?
(a) Move to New York and go broke when the stock market crashes.
(b) Take a world cruise, on which Armand drinks the blood of rich women and Daniel takes their money.
(c) Settle in Paris and open an exclusive cooking school.
(d) Get rich and buy a private island offshore from Miami.
2. Why are other vampires mad at Lestat?
(a) He shows up whenever dinner is on the table.
(b) He betrayed them by revealing secrets of the vampires.
(c) He borrowed money and never repaid them.
(d) They are jealous of his success.
3. What are The Vampire Chronicles?
(a) The saga of modern-day vampires fighting to save the human race.
(b) A band that got its start at Six Flags.
(c) The on-going exploits at a school for dentistry.
(d) The history of giants of the newspaper industry.
4. Whose idea is it to have the twins raped, and why?
(a) Akasha's, so her subjects would see the twins were mere mortals.
(b) Akasha's, so that she could make a stew of their innards.
(c) Akasha's, because she is afraid they were gathering an army.
(d) Akasha's, because she is jealous of their long, glorious curls.
5. What is Azim's plan for dealing with the danger he feels?
(a) He plans to cast a telepathic dome of silence over his temple, so that it cannot be found.
(b) He plans to gather an army of old vampires and ferret out the problem.
(c) He plans to move to New Delhi and pass as a street beggar.
(d) He plans to ignore and continue his lifestyle.
6. When do other vampires plan to kill Lestat?
(a) The night of his Halloween concert.
(b) High noon.
(c) Christmas Eve, at midnight services.
(d) During final episode of "Dancing With the Stars."
7. What revelation does the archeologist have on his deathbed?
(a) That his daughter is a vampire, the descendant of the twins.
(b) He believes that his dreams have finally revealed what happened to the twins.
(c) He finally recognizes that his benefactress was in love with him and wished to marry.
(d) He realizes he wasted his life chasing an unimportant event.
8. What does the red-haired woman in Khayman's dream eat?
(a) A bat.
(b) Steak, rare.
(c) His eyes.
(d) Her tongue.
9. One of the cave paintings depicted the twins handing over a treasure. Where was this cave located?
10. Identify one of Armand's major fears.
(a) He will be alone through eternity.
(b) Daniel's mother will move to Miami.
(c) A Category 5 hurricane will destroy Night Island.
(d) He'll be caught robbing a blood bank.
11. What are the Himalayas?
(a) A major mountain range in Asia, containing Mt. Everest.
(b) A series of lakes in Great Britian, including Lockerbie.
(c) A set of symptoms suffered by vampires who don't drink enough blood.
(d) A singing group that chants traditional Hindu prayers.
12. What is special or different about Claudia?
(a) She doesn't age mentally beyond 21, but her body ages at four times the normal speed.
(b) She sleeps in a closet.
(c) She ages mentally and emotionally, but not physically.
(d) She is clairvoyant and could connect with anyone under the age of 15.
13. How does Khayman know about the red-haired twins?
(a) He rapes them at Enkil's command.
(b) The twins put Khayman into a centuries-long sleep.
(c) The twins are Khayman's sisters.
(d) He tries to save them from drowning.
14. What does Lestat look like?
(a) Auburn-haired, big brown eyes, tattered jeans and buttoned-down shirts.
(b) Dark hair and eyes, a little pudgy and sloppy in his dress.
(c) Blond and blue-eyed, with a taste for tailored suits.
(d) Blond hair, grey eyes, leather jacket and tight jeans.
15. Where is Pandora headed when the reader first sees her?
(a) Into Sonoma valley, looking for her coven of vampires.
(b) Into Miami, to join the nightclub scene.
(c) Into the jungles of Peru, looking for the cave paintings.
(d) Into the Himalayas, to Azim's temple.
Short Answer Questions
1. How is Lestat's character described?
2. What does Marius call Lestat?
3. As Jesse is dying, what vision does she see?
4. Who was Akasha in a past life?
5. What does Akasha do when she awakens?
This section contains 803 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)