|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What seems to have happened to the twins, according to the cave paintings?
(a) They were taken prisoner by soldiers, then escaped.
(b) They were made Queens of the Amazon and revered as goddesses.
(c) They were beaten by soldiers, then put on separate ships, never to see each other again.
(d) They were sacrificed on an altar and beheaded.
2. Who summarizes the two previous books in the prologue?
(a) The Queen of the Damned.
3. What does the archeologist discover?
(a) Matching cave paintings, one in Palestine and one in Peru.
(b) A papyrus cup with lipstick prints from two red-haired women.
(c) A Sumerian tablet marked "Legend of the Twins."
(d) A tribe of redheads, living in Peruvian jungles.
4. What is a legend?
(a) A fairy tale that doesn't end "happily ever after."
(b) A handsome man with a history of dangerous adventures all over the world.
(c) An ancient story with historic roots that takes on symbolic or moral meaning.
(d) An old adverstising slogan for mink coats: "What becomes a legend most?"
5. At the St. Louis coven house, what does the sole surviving vampire tell Baby Jenks about covens in the rest of the world?
(a) "The Mexico City house has been stamped out like a cucaracha and Panama City has gone down the drain."
(b) "The East Coast has been burnt out like a circuit of lights. There is no answer at the coven house in Paris or Berlin."
(c) "Houston went up like a rocket and Memphis is as dead as a sad country song."
(d) "Paris has gone up like the fireworks on Bastille Day and London is ding-dong dead."
6. What emotion does Lestat look forward to feeling during his concert?
(a) The joy of making music and performing, of feeling human.
(b) Amusement at the horror the audience would feel, seeing him drink blood.
(c) Excitement at the prospect of a battle with other vampires.
(d) Sorrow for the destruction of the human race.
7. How do Khayman, Akasha, Mael, and Armand track one another?
(a) By using a highly sensitive Garmin GPS system.
(b) They have infrared vision that detects phosphorus in vampire flesh.
(c) Telepathically, by reading one another's thougts.
(d) They use bloodhounds.
8. As Jesse is dying, what vision does she see?
(a) She sees Miriam fighting with the vampire who attacked her.
(b) That she is walking through a jungle, brushing aside vines to get to the bank of the river.
(c) She sees a small, marble-like woman floating in the clouds, laughing.
(d) The image of a cackling old woman on a bicycle, pedaling madly with a tiny dog in the bike basket.
9. When Baby Jenks reveals to her mother that she was no longer a virgin, what does her mother do?
(a) She says, "Do you want some supper, honey?"
(b) She looks away from Baby Jenks and goes back to work, humming.
(c) She offers to teach Baby Jenks how to cook, so she would have a career.
(d) She becomes very upset and locks Baby Jenks in the trailer.
10. What kind of vehicle does Baby Jenks have?
(a) A bright red moped.
(b) A Harley motorcycle.
(c) A 12-speed racing bike.
(d) A old hearse.
11. Which of these skills are typical of vampires?
(a) The ability to fly and to fade into small spaces.
(b) The abilty to read minds and to fly.
(c) The abilty to laugh in a scary way and to crack mirrors with thought waves.
(d) The ability to send out mental signals that disrupt computers.
12. What does Pandora remember most vividly about feeding on a human's blood?
(a) The slightly spicy taste of blood.
(b) The momentary union with another soul.
(c) The way it makes her sleepy and peaceful for at least a week afterwards.
(d) The pounding of a heart as she squeezes it into her mouth.
13. What can always kill a vampire?
(a) Garlic and onions.
(b) Bleach and tabasco sauce.
(c) Crosses and a stake through the heart.
(d) Fire and sun.
14. What does Lestat look like?
(a) Dark hair and eyes, a little pudgy and sloppy in his dress.
(b) Blond hair, grey eyes, leather jacket and tight jeans.
(c) Blond and blue-eyed, with a taste for tailored suits.
(d) Auburn-haired, big brown eyes, tattered jeans and buttoned-down shirts.
15. What is Armand's real motivation for making Daniel a vampire?
(a) Armand's own fear of being alone and lonely throughout eternity.
(b) Lestat tells Armand that if Armand won't do it, Lestat will.
(c) There is nothing else to eat in the house.
(d) The massacres of vampires around the world.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is worrying Azim when Pandora arrives to question him about Marius?
2. What happens to the flesh of vampires as they age?
3. Who causes the coven house to explode when Khayman visits?
4. What is Marius' job?
5. How does Daniel get involved in the vampire world?
This section contains 895 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)