|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. As Jesse is dying, what vision does she see?
(a) She sees Miriam fighting with the vampire who attacked her.
(b) She sees a small, marble-like woman floating in the clouds, laughing.
(c) That she is walking through a jungle, brushing aside vines to get to the bank of the river.
(d) The image of a cackling old woman on a bicycle, pedaling madly with a tiny dog in the bike basket.
2. What do Armand and Daniel do after becoming a couple?
(a) Settle in Paris and open an exclusive cooking school.
(b) Take a world cruise, on which Armand drinks the blood of rich women and Daniel takes their money.
(c) Move to New York and go broke when the stock market crashes.
(d) Get rich and buy a private island offshore from Miami.
3. Who summarizes the two previous books in the prologue?
(c) The Queen of the Damned.
4. Lestat's concert took place in what city?
(a) San Francisco
(b) New Orleans.
(c) The Emerald City.
5. How does Khayman know about the red-haired twins?
(a) He tries to save them from drowning.
(b) The twins put Khayman into a centuries-long sleep.
(c) The twins are Khayman's sisters.
(d) He rapes them at Enkil's command.
6. What does Khayman decide after his encounter with Akasha?
(a) That his resurrection must have something to do with Akasha, but he's not sure what.
(b) That his resurrection must have something to do with Akasha, and he's sure she will tell him.
(c) That she might not be as bad as he remembers.
(d) That he should avoid her at all costs by fleeing to another continent.
7. What kind of publication or broadcast is used to summarize information from the first two books for the reader?
(a) A guest appearance on Letterman.
(b) A posting on Pandora's Facebook Wall.
(c) An article in the weekly magazine that only vampires can receive.
(d) A declaration against Lestat and his allies, posted at vampire gathering spots.
8. What happened to Jesse's parents?
(a) They were killed by vampires.
(b) They time-traveled to another universe.
(c) They died in a car crash.
(d) They abandoned her at a hospital.
9. What does Maharet do when she discovers Mael "kissing" Jesse.
(a) Maharet lures Mael away with an offer of food and wine.
(b) Maharet hits Mael, sending Mael flying into the air.
(c) Maharet cries and throws a tantrum.
(d) Maharet ignores the situation.
10. What is special or different about Claudia?
(a) She is clairvoyant and could connect with anyone under the age of 15.
(b) She doesn't age mentally beyond 21, but her body ages at four times the normal speed.
(c) She ages mentally and emotionally, but not physically.
(d) She sleeps in a closet.
11. How is Lestat's character described?
(a) Shy, but likes to sing karaoke.
(b) Well-dressed and good at keeping secrets.
(c) Thirsty for fame and adoration.
(d) Unlikely to draw attention to himself.
12. What was Lestat's ambition as a young man?
(a) To study art at the Sorbonne.
(b) To write music with Bach as his teacher.
(c) To attend medical school in Berlin.
(d) To become an actor in Paris.
13. What are The Vampire Chronicles?
(a) The history of giants of the newspaper industry.
(b) A band that got its start at Six Flags.
(c) The on-going exploits at a school for dentistry.
(d) The saga of modern-day vampires fighting to save the human race.
14. What is Jesse's odd trait while growing up?
(a) She is afraid of electronic devices, so shuns computers, cellphones, etc.
(b) She speaks in tongues.
(c) She is very nearsighted and lives with the belief the world is fog-shrouded.
(d) She sees ghosts, including her dead mother.
15. In the beginning of Part 1, Chapter 5, what does Khayman know about his past?
(a) Only that he hasn't shaven in a very long time.
(b) That his clothing seems old fashioned, compared to others he sees.
(c) Only that he is a blood drinker.
(d) That he is destined for greatness through an act of violence.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Daniel get involved in the vampire world?
2. What does Talamasca ask Jesse to investigate?
3. At the St. Louis coven house, what does the sole surviving vampire tell Baby Jenks about covens in the rest of the world?
4. What does the Queen do just before getting to the concert hall?
5. What does Armand do after meeting Daniel?
This section contains 891 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)