|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In the beginning of Part 1, Chapter 5, what does Khayman know about his past?
(a) Only that he hasn't shaven in a very long time.
(b) That he is destined for greatness through an act of violence.
(c) Only that he is a blood drinker.
(d) That his clothing seems old fashioned, compared to others he sees.
2. What happens to the flesh of vampires as they age?
(a) It turns into a white, marble-like substance.
(b) It mummifies.
(c) It depends on how much they exercise.
(d) It decays into a waxy, soap-like substance.
3. Who causes the coven house to explode when Khayman visits?
4. What is the message Lestat telepathically passes to Jesse when he kisses her during the concert?
(a) That she could live forever, if she only says the word.
(b) That he is evil, as she has always known.
(c) That all vampires are about to die.
(d) That he is staying at the Four Seasons, Room 713.
5. What can always kill a vampire?
(a) Fire and sun.
(b) Garlic and onions.
(c) Bleach and tabasco sauce.
(d) Crosses and a stake through the heart.
6. What does the red-haired woman in Khayman's dream eat?
(a) A bat.
(b) Steak, rare.
(c) Her tongue.
(d) His eyes.
7. How is Enkil related to Akasha?
(a) Enkil doesn't know Akasha.
(b) Enkil is Akasha's husband.
(c) Enkil is Akasha's son.
(d) Enkil creates Akasha.
8. How is Lestat's character described?
(a) Thirsty for fame and adoration.
(b) Shy, but likes to sing karaoke.
(c) Well-dressed and good at keeping secrets.
(d) Unlikely to draw attention to himself.
9. What is the clue that the archeologist scrawls on a piece of paper as he dies?
(a) "In the jungles--walking."
(b) "Twins ate their mother's heart."
(c) "Beware the blood of a red-haired woman."
(d) "Rubies are buried beneath the cave paintings."
10. Where is Pandora headed when the reader first sees her?
(a) Into the jungles of Peru, looking for the cave paintings.
(b) Into the Himalayas, to Azim's temple.
(c) Into Sonoma valley, looking for her coven of vampires.
(d) Into Miami, to join the nightclub scene.
11. What is the subject of the cave drawings?
(a) A hunt in the jungles of Brazil for mysterious vampire twins.
(b) The arrest of twin redheads, the daughters of a prominent politician.
(c) Palestinian twins, thought to be the matriarchs of the Lost Tribes of Israel.
(d) Red-headed twin girls, who appear to be mourning the death of another woman.
12. What seems to have happened to the twins, according to the cave paintings?
(a) They were sacrificed on an altar and beheaded.
(b) They were taken prisoner by soldiers, then escaped.
(c) They were made Queens of the Amazon and revered as goddesses.
(d) They were beaten by soldiers, then put on separate ships, never to see each other again.
13. What is the relationship between Gabrielle and Lestat?
(b) Distant cousins.
(c) Mother and son.
(d) Co-lyricists of Lestat's hit album.
14. What does Jesse find in New Orleans?
(a) The decoder for the special language spoken by the first vampires.
(b) Her great-grandmother's doll.
(c) A very good Cajun restaurant.
(d) Lestat's house.
15. What does Pandora remember most vividly about feeding on a human's blood?
(a) The momentary union with another soul.
(b) The way it makes her sleepy and peaceful for at least a week afterwards.
(c) The slightly spicy taste of blood.
(d) The pounding of a heart as she squeezes it into her mouth.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Baby Jenks think her mother was a fool?
2. Who is the original vampire?
3. What does Lestat hope will happen at the concert?
4. What does the Queen do just before getting to the concert hall?
5. What are the red-haired twins eating in Daniel's visionary dream about them?
This section contains 749 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)