|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What kind of publication or broadcast is used to summarize information from the first two books for the reader?
(a) An article in the weekly magazine that only vampires can receive.
(b) A guest appearance on Letterman.
(c) A posting on Pandora's Facebook Wall.
(d) A declaration against Lestat and his allies, posted at vampire gathering spots.
2. How does Azim feel about his life as a vampire?
(a) He is indifferent, but resigned to fulfilling his need for blood.
(b) He revels in it and participates completely.
(c) He longs every day to be human and mortal.
(d) He is disgusted at himself.
3. How is Lestat's character described?
(a) Thirsty for fame and adoration.
(b) Well-dressed and good at keeping secrets.
(c) Unlikely to draw attention to himself.
(d) Shy, but likes to sing karaoke.
4. What is the clue that the archeologist scrawls on a piece of paper as he dies?
(a) "Rubies are buried beneath the cave paintings."
(b) "Beware the blood of a red-haired woman."
(c) "In the jungles--walking."
(d) "Twins ate their mother's heart."
5. What is the subject of the cave drawings?
(a) Palestinian twins, thought to be the matriarchs of the Lost Tribes of Israel.
(b) Red-headed twin girls, who appear to be mourning the death of another woman.
(c) A hunt in the jungles of Brazil for mysterious vampire twins.
(d) The arrest of twin redheads, the daughters of a prominent politician.
6. What does the archeologist discover?
(a) A Sumerian tablet marked "Legend of the Twins."
(b) A papyrus cup with lipstick prints from two red-haired women.
(c) A tribe of redheads, living in Peruvian jungles.
(d) Matching cave paintings, one in Palestine and one in Peru.
7. What does Lestat look like?
(a) Dark hair and eyes, a little pudgy and sloppy in his dress.
(b) Auburn-haired, big brown eyes, tattered jeans and buttoned-down shirts.
(c) Blond hair, grey eyes, leather jacket and tight jeans.
(d) Blond and blue-eyed, with a taste for tailored suits.
8. What does Pandora remember most vividly about feeding on a human's blood?
(a) The way it makes her sleepy and peaceful for at least a week afterwards.
(b) The slightly spicy taste of blood.
(c) The momentary union with another soul.
(d) The pounding of a heart as she squeezes it into her mouth.
9. At the St. Louis coven house, what does the sole surviving vampire tell Baby Jenks about covens in the rest of the world?
(a) "Paris has gone up like the fireworks on Bastille Day and London is ding-dong dead."
(b) "The Mexico City house has been stamped out like a cucaracha and Panama City has gone down the drain."
(c) "Houston went up like a rocket and Memphis is as dead as a sad country song."
(d) "The East Coast has been burnt out like a circuit of lights. There is no answer at the coven house in Paris or Berlin."
10. What does Marius call Lestat?
(a) Prince Changeling.
(b) The Brat Prince.
(c) The Marble Prince.
(d) The Devil We Know.
11. What is Armand's real motivation for making Daniel a vampire?
(a) Lestat tells Armand that if Armand won't do it, Lestat will.
(b) The massacres of vampires around the world.
(c) There is nothing else to eat in the house.
(d) Armand's own fear of being alone and lonely throughout eternity.
12. What happens when Khayman tries to makes friends with a trio of other vampires?
(a) They decide to travel together to San Francisco.
(b) They tell him to go away.
(c) He accidentally causes one to explode into flames.
(d) He mind-melds with one of the females and they become a couple.
13. What is an acolyte?
(a) An acolyte is a spirit that feeds off vampires.
(b) An acolyte is a follower of a leader or belief system.
(c) An acolyte is a form of blood serum vampires can drink when there are no fresh humans available.
(d) An acolyte is a small candle burned in dark passages.
14. How does Lestat pass for human?
(a) By keeping his collar up and wearing a hat and dark glasses.
(b) By wearing a George W. Bush mask.
(c) By using makeup, skillfully applied.
(d) By projecting an aura that confuses onlookers.
15. Who pays for the archeologist's research?
(a) A wealthy socialite living in Manhattan, who collects artifacts.
(b) Queen Elizabeth, who is following the wishes of King Henry VIII.
(c) A mysterious, wealthy woman, last known to be living in Thailand.
(d) Akasha, in disguise.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the treasure being handed over?
2. How does Khayman know about the red-haired twins?
3. What causes Akasha to wake up?
4. What revelation does the archeologist have on his deathbed?
5. Does Jesse recognize right away that Maharet and Mael are vampires?
This section contains 890 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)