|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What can always kill a vampire?
(a) Bleach and tabasco sauce.
(b) Fire and sun.
(c) Crosses and a stake through the heart.
(d) Garlic and onions.
2. What kind of publication or broadcast is used to summarize information from the first two books for the reader?
(a) A posting on Pandora's Facebook Wall.
(b) A guest appearance on Letterman.
(c) A declaration against Lestat and his allies, posted at vampire gathering spots.
(d) An article in the weekly magazine that only vampires can receive.
3. Which of these skills are typical of vampires?
(a) The ability to send out mental signals that disrupt computers.
(b) The abilty to laugh in a scary way and to crack mirrors with thought waves.
(c) The ability to fly and to fade into small spaces.
(d) The abilty to read minds and to fly.
4. What does Khayman decide after his encounter with Akasha?
(a) That he should avoid her at all costs by fleeing to another continent.
(b) That his resurrection must have something to do with Akasha, and he's sure she will tell him.
(c) That she might not be as bad as he remembers.
(d) That his resurrection must have something to do with Akasha, but he's not sure what.
5. What happens to Daniel after he sips some of Armand's blood?
(a) Armand is treated for anemia.
(b) Daniel becomes a follower of Armand.
(c) Daniel becomes a vampire.
(d) Daniel throws up.
6. What does Pandora remember most vividly about feeding on a human's blood?
(a) The momentary union with another soul.
(b) The pounding of a heart as she squeezes it into her mouth.
(c) The way it makes her sleepy and peaceful for at least a week afterwards.
(d) The slightly spicy taste of blood.
7. Who causes the coven house to explode when Khayman visits?
8. Where is Pandora headed when the reader first sees her?
(a) Into the jungles of Peru, looking for the cave paintings.
(b) Into the Himalayas, to Azim's temple.
(c) Into Sonoma valley, looking for her coven of vampires.
(d) Into Miami, to join the nightclub scene.
9. What is the treasure being handed over?
(a) A baby with red hair.
(b) A golden goblet containing the blood of the twins' mother.
(c) A ruby, which had been crystalized from the twins' blood.
(d) An ancient sword with mystical powers.
10. Does Khayman wish or ask to be made a blood drinker?
(a) Yes, he begs the Queen to make him a blood drinker and promises to do all she asks.
(b) No, the Queen takes him by surprise.
(c) Yes, he earns the right performing a certain number of tasks--the equivelent of a high-level frequent flyer's award.
(d) No, he is trapped in the forest and made by an evil spirit.
11. What does Talamasca ask Jesse to investigate?
(a) The existence of the Munchkins, as seen in <i>The Wizard of Oz.</i>
(b) The book <i>Interview with a Vampire.</i>
(c) The red-haired twins.
(d) The original <i>Dracula</i> movie with Bela Legosi.
12. What does Khayman do as he sees the Queen streak in from the forest, grab Lestat, and fly away with him in her arms?
(a) He closes his eyes and sends Lestat a message, warning him to be careful of the dangers ahead.
(b) He cries out in disbelief, but couldn't do much more because the sun was coming up and he has to get to sleep.
(c) He summons the rest of the First Brood and arranges a memorial service.
(d) He shrugs and thinks that the blond-haired prince is getting just what he deserves.
13. Who surprises Khayman by showing up at the concert?
(a) Baby Jenks and the survivor of the St. Louis coven house.
(b) Danielle Steele, because she lives nearby.
(c) David Talbot and another member of the Talamasca; they are looking for Jesse.
(d) Maharet and Miriam, the ghost of Jesse's mortal mother.
14. Who summarizes the two previous books in the prologue?
(a) The Queen of the Damned.
15. What surrounds Baby Jenks as she dies?
(a) A blanket of warmth with the smell of heavenly flowers.
(b) A silvery net, liquid diamonds, and her mother's arms.
(c) Flames and fireworks that burst in rhythym to Lestat's music.
(d) Pure music, a bright light, and never-ending love.
Short Answer Questions
1. Lestat's concert took place in what city?
2. How old are the cave paintings that tell the Legend of the Twins?
3. Faced with the idea that he might be hunted down and killed, how or what does Lestat feel?
4. One of the cave paintings depicted the twins handing over a treasure. Where was this cave located?
5. How do Khayman, Akasha, Mael, and Armand track one another?
This section contains 805 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)