|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What happened to Jesse's parents?
(a) They were killed by vampires.
(b) They died in a car crash.
(c) They abandoned her at a hospital.
(d) They time-traveled to another universe.
2. What is the relationship between Gabrielle and Lestat?
(a) Distant cousins.
(b) Mother and son.
(c) Co-lyricists of Lestat's hit album.
3. What does Lestat hope will happen at the concert?
(a) That his album will go platinum and he will buy Neverland Ranch.
(b) That mortals will recognize him as evil and want to destroy him.
(c) That his mother will meet a suitable vampire of her own age and get her own apartment.
(d) That other vampires will follow his lead and reveal themselves to humans.
4. What is the message Lestat telepathically passes to Jesse when he kisses her during the concert?
(a) That all vampires are about to die.
(b) That he is evil, as she has always known.
(c) That he is staying at the Four Seasons, Room 713.
(d) That she could live forever, if she only says the word.
5. How does Lestat pass for human?
(a) By using makeup, skillfully applied.
(b) By keeping his collar up and wearing a hat and dark glasses.
(c) By projecting an aura that confuses onlookers.
(d) By wearing a George W. Bush mask.
6. Who pays for the archeologist's research?
(a) Akasha, in disguise.
(b) Queen Elizabeth, who is following the wishes of King Henry VIII.
(c) A mysterious, wealthy woman, last known to be living in Thailand.
(d) A wealthy socialite living in Manhattan, who collects artifacts.
7. What is the Fang Gang's planned destination, once Baby Jenks rejoins them in Dallas?
(a) To Tijuana to escape the destruction of covens.
(b) To Gun Barrel City to terrorize the locals.
(c) To St. Louis for a party under the Arch.
(d) To California for Lestat's concert.
8. Whose idea is it to have the twins raped, and why?
(a) Akasha's, because she is afraid they were gathering an army.
(b) Akasha's, so that she could make a stew of their innards.
(c) Akasha's, because she is jealous of their long, glorious curls.
(d) Akasha's, so her subjects would see the twins were mere mortals.
9. Does Khayman wish or ask to be made a blood drinker?
(a) No, he is trapped in the forest and made by an evil spirit.
(b) No, the Queen takes him by surprise.
(c) Yes, he begs the Queen to make him a blood drinker and promises to do all she asks.
(d) Yes, he earns the right performing a certain number of tasks--the equivelent of a high-level frequent flyer's award.
10. How is the archeologist's discovery of the caves and the Legend of the Twins received in the academic world.
(a) Wonderfully, he became the subject of a series of movies starring Harrison Ford.
(b) Wonderfully, he received the Nobel Prize.
(c) Badly, he was exposed as a fraud and sent to prison.
(d) Badly, he became a laughingstock.
11. What happens to vampires as they age?
(a) They become transparent.
(b) They turn into white marble.
(c) They lose their taste for human blood.
(d) They wrinkle terribly around the eyes.
12. As Jesse is dying, what vision does she see?
(a) The image of a cackling old woman on a bicycle, pedaling madly with a tiny dog in the bike basket.
(b) That she is walking through a jungle, brushing aside vines to get to the bank of the river.
(c) She sees a small, marble-like woman floating in the clouds, laughing.
(d) She sees Miriam fighting with the vampire who attacked her.
13. Why is it important that Akasha and Enkil not be destroyed?
(a) Their deaths would create smog lethal to anyone who breathed it.
(b) They are the George and Martha Washington of vampires.
(c) They are a constant source of valuable blood.
(d) If both of them are destroyed, all other vampires will also cease to exist.
14. How do Armand and Daniel meet?
(a) Armand was the college roommate of one of Daniel's friends.
(b) Armand finds Daniel snooping around New Orleans, looking for vampires.
(c) Lestat introduces them.
(d) Through an internet dating site called vHarmony.
15. What does the Queen do just before getting to the concert hall?
(a) She destroys the San Francisco coven, then chases down and immolates any survivors.
(b) She warns city administrators telepathically that there is going to be a blood bath.
(c) She feeds on a dozen homeless children to gain strength for what lay ahead.
(d) She has her nails and fangs "done" at a fancy spa.
Short Answer Questions
1. How do Khayman, Akasha, Mael, and Armand track one another?
2. How is Enkil related to Akasha?
3. What do Armand and Daniel do after becoming a couple?
4. What does Jesse find in New Orleans?
5. What does Lestat look like?
This section contains 893 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)