|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. One of the cave paintings depicted the twins handing over a treasure. Where was this cave located?
2. What is the clue that the archeologist scrawls on a piece of paper as he dies?
(a) "Twins ate their mother's heart."
(b) "In the jungles--walking."
(c) "Beware the blood of a red-haired woman."
(d) "Rubies are buried beneath the cave paintings."
3. How do Armand and Daniel meet?
(a) Armand was the college roommate of one of Daniel's friends.
(b) Armand finds Daniel snooping around New Orleans, looking for vampires.
(c) Lestat introduces them.
(d) Through an internet dating site called vHarmony.
4. What was Lestat's ambition as a young man?
(a) To study art at the Sorbonne.
(b) To write music with Bach as his teacher.
(c) To become an actor in Paris.
(d) To attend medical school in Berlin.
5. Who was Akasha in a past life?
(a) Queen of Great Britain.
(b) Queen of Egypt.
(c) An orphan in Italy.
(d) A Greek goddess.
6. What surrounds Baby Jenks as she dies?
(a) Flames and fireworks that burst in rhythym to Lestat's music.
(b) A blanket of warmth with the smell of heavenly flowers.
(c) A silvery net, liquid diamonds, and her mother's arms.
(d) Pure music, a bright light, and never-ending love.
7. What effect does drinking the blood of Marius have on Pandora?
(a) It makes her able to hear Marius' warning directly.
(b) It makes her sick to her stomach.
(c) It gives her a momentary surge of power.
(d) It puts a glow in her cheeks.
8. What kind of vehicle does Baby Jenks have?
(a) A old hearse.
(b) A 12-speed racing bike.
(c) A Harley motorcycle.
(d) A bright red moped.
9. What can always kill a vampire?
(a) Garlic and onions.
(b) Crosses and a stake through the heart.
(c) Bleach and tabasco sauce.
(d) Fire and sun.
10. Identify one of Armand's major fears.
(a) A Category 5 hurricane will destroy Night Island.
(b) Daniel's mother will move to Miami.
(c) He'll be caught robbing a blood bank.
(d) He will be alone through eternity.
11. Does Jesse recognize right away that Maharet and Mael are vampires?
(a) No, but she notes their odd habits and appearance.
(b) Yes, because Maharet told her once in a letter.
(c) No, she doesn't have a clue and believes them to be old hippies.
(d) Yes, she can tell right away by their skin color.
12. What does Jesse find in New Orleans?
(a) Lestat's house.
(b) Her great-grandmother's doll.
(c) The decoder for the special language spoken by the first vampires.
(d) A very good Cajun restaurant.
13. What causes Akasha to wake up?
(a) Enkil's snoring.
(b) A very strong earthquake.
(c) Lestat's music.
(d) A sudden electrical malfunction.
14. What does Daniel have to do to avoid being killed by Armand?
(a) Keep Armand amused by trying, over and over, to escape.
(b) Give up trying to become a vampire.
(c) Convert three houses New Orleans townhouses into an exclusive vampire retreat called The Night Club.
(d) Drink the blood of the first blonde he meets on Saturday night.
15. How old is Jesse when she visits Maharet?
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Armand do after meeting Daniel?
2. Why does Maharet decide, despite her earlier reluctance, to make Jesse into one of the undead?
3. How old are the cave paintings that tell the Legend of the Twins?
4. What does Baby Jenks see, looking down as she dies?
5. What is Talamasca?
This section contains 688 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)