|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the message Lestat telepathically passes to Jesse when he kisses her during the concert?
(a) That he is staying at the Four Seasons, Room 713.
(b) That he is evil, as she has always known.
(c) That all vampires are about to die.
(d) That she could live forever, if she only says the word.
2. What is the clue that the archeologist scrawls on a piece of paper as he dies?
(a) "Twins ate their mother's heart."
(b) "In the jungles--walking."
(c) "Rubies are buried beneath the cave paintings."
(d) "Beware the blood of a red-haired woman."
3. One of the cave paintings depicted the twins handing over a treasure. Where was this cave located?
4. What color is Jesse's hair?
5. Where is Pandora headed when the reader first sees her?
(a) Into the jungles of Peru, looking for the cave paintings.
(b) Into Miami, to join the nightclub scene.
(c) Into Sonoma valley, looking for her coven of vampires.
(d) Into the Himalayas, to Azim's temple.
6. What does Jesse find in New Orleans?
(a) The decoder for the special language spoken by the first vampires.
(b) Lestat's house.
(c) Her great-grandmother's doll.
(d) A very good Cajun restaurant.
7. How do Armand and Daniel meet?
(a) Armand finds Daniel snooping around New Orleans, looking for vampires.
(b) Armand was the college roommate of one of Daniel's friends.
(c) Lestat introduces them.
(d) Through an internet dating site called vHarmony.
8. In what period of time does the "Queen of the Damned" take place?
(a) Two hours.
(b) A month.
(c) Ten days.
(d) A decade.
9. As Jesse is dying, what vision does she see?
(a) She sees Miriam fighting with the vampire who attacked her.
(b) The image of a cackling old woman on a bicycle, pedaling madly with a tiny dog in the bike basket.
(c) That she is walking through a jungle, brushing aside vines to get to the bank of the river.
(d) She sees a small, marble-like woman floating in the clouds, laughing.
10. Who was Akasha in a past life?
(a) An orphan in Italy.
(b) Queen of Egypt.
(c) A Greek goddess.
(d) Queen of Great Britain.
11. What does Talamasca ask Jesse to investigate?
(a) The book <i>Interview with a Vampire.</i>
(b) The existence of the Munchkins, as seen in <i>The Wizard of Oz.</i>
(c) The original <i>Dracula</i> movie with Bela Legosi.
(d) The red-haired twins.
12. What does Maharet do when she discovers Mael "kissing" Jesse.
(a) Maharet lures Mael away with an offer of food and wine.
(b) Maharet ignores the situation.
(c) Maharet cries and throws a tantrum.
(d) Maharet hits Mael, sending Mael flying into the air.
13. What is a legend?
(a) An old adverstising slogan for mink coats: "What becomes a legend most?"
(b) A fairy tale that doesn't end "happily ever after."
(c) An ancient story with historic roots that takes on symbolic or moral meaning.
(d) A handsome man with a history of dangerous adventures all over the world.
14. What is Daniel doing when he meets Armand?
(a) Looking for Lestat.
(b) Drinking Bloody Marys at Sunday brunch.
(c) Pilfering markers from a New Orleans graveyard.
(d) Impersonating a vampire.
15. What does Baby Jenks see, looking down as she dies?
(a) St. Peter, casting a deadly net around the world.
(b) A white figure resembling a statue of the Virgin Mary.
(c) Satan, with a sword of fire.
(d) A glistening spider, spinning a silver thread.
Short Answer Questions
1. When do other vampires plan to kill Lestat?
2. What is the Great Family?
3. Which of Lestat's songs does Baby Jenks like best?
4. What is Lestat's reaction when he realizes something or someone is preventing him from the attacking crowd?
5. What surrounds Baby Jenks as she dies?
This section contains 747 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)