|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Lestat hope will happen at the concert?
(a) That mortals will recognize him as evil and want to destroy him.
(b) That other vampires will follow his lead and reveal themselves to humans.
(c) That his mother will meet a suitable vampire of her own age and get her own apartment.
(d) That his album will go platinum and he will buy Neverland Ranch.
2. What revelation does the archeologist have on his deathbed?
(a) He finally recognizes that his benefactress was in love with him and wished to marry.
(b) He realizes he wasted his life chasing an unimportant event.
(c) He believes that his dreams have finally revealed what happened to the twins.
(d) That his daughter is a vampire, the descendant of the twins.
3. One of the cave paintings depicted the twins handing over a treasure. Where was this cave located?
4. What is the clue that the archeologist scrawls on a piece of paper as he dies?
(a) "Twins ate their mother's heart."
(b) "In the jungles--walking."
(c) "Rubies are buried beneath the cave paintings."
(d) "Beware the blood of a red-haired woman."
5. What are The Vampire Chronicles?
(a) The history of giants of the newspaper industry.
(b) The on-going exploits at a school for dentistry.
(c) The saga of modern-day vampires fighting to save the human race.
(d) A band that got its start at Six Flags.
6. Which of these skills are typical of vampires?
(a) The ability to fly and to fade into small spaces.
(b) The abilty to read minds and to fly.
(c) The abilty to laugh in a scary way and to crack mirrors with thought waves.
(d) The ability to send out mental signals that disrupt computers.
7. What are the red-haired twins eating in Daniel's visionary dream about them?
(a) Their mother's heart and brain.
(b) Their grandmother.
(c) The leg of a lioness.
(d) A vegetarian feast of grilled vegetables and polenta.
8. What is Lestat's reaction when he realizes something or someone is preventing him from the attacking crowd?
(a) He is in a rage because he has been robbed of his hoped-for battle.
(b) He is miserable because he never intended to cause so much trouble.
(c) He is grateful; he hadn't realized he had stirred up so much hate.
(d) He doesn't really care; he is used to being taken care of.
9. What does Baby Jenks see, looking down as she dies?
(a) A glistening spider, spinning a silver thread.
(b) A white figure resembling a statue of the Virgin Mary.
(c) St. Peter, casting a deadly net around the world.
(d) Satan, with a sword of fire.
10. What is the treasure being handed over?
(a) A ruby, which had been crystalized from the twins' blood.
(b) A golden goblet containing the blood of the twins' mother.
(c) An ancient sword with mystical powers.
(d) A baby with red hair.
11. What has Baby Jenks seen while searching for the Fang Gang?
(a) She has seen destroyed coven houses in Dallas, Oklahoma City, and St. Louis.
(b) She has seen Lestat dancing in a graveyard.
(c) She has seen her father kill her mother.
(d) She has seen big city vampires swinging from chandeliers in their covens.
12. What kind of publication or broadcast is used to summarize information from the first two books for the reader?
(a) A guest appearance on Letterman.
(b) An article in the weekly magazine that only vampires can receive.
(c) A posting on Pandora's Facebook Wall.
(d) A declaration against Lestat and his allies, posted at vampire gathering spots.
13. Why are other vampires mad at Lestat?
(a) They are jealous of his success.
(b) He borrowed money and never repaid them.
(c) He betrayed them by revealing secrets of the vampires.
(d) He shows up whenever dinner is on the table.
14. Whose idea is it to have the twins raped, and why?
(a) Akasha's, because she is jealous of their long, glorious curls.
(b) Akasha's, because she is afraid they were gathering an army.
(c) Akasha's, so that she could make a stew of their innards.
(d) Akasha's, so her subjects would see the twins were mere mortals.
15. What is the relationship between Gabrielle and Lestat?
(a) Co-lyricists of Lestat's hit album.
(b) Mother and son.
(c) Distant cousins.
Short Answer Questions
1. What happens to vampires as they age?
2. What does Talamasca ask Jesse to investigate?
3. Who surprises Khayman by showing up at the concert?
4. How is the archeologist's discovery of the caves and the Legend of the Twins received in the academic world.
5. How does Marius communicate as he falls into a crevasse?
This section contains 867 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)