|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 3, Chapter 4, The Story of the Twins, Part 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How do Khayman, Akasha, Mael, and Armand track one another?
(a) They have infrared vision that detects phosphorus in vampire flesh.
(b) Telepathically, by reading one another's thougts.
(c) They use bloodhounds.
(d) By using a highly sensitive Garmin GPS system.
2. Who summarizes the two previous books in the prologue?
(c) The Queen of the Damned.
3. What is a legend?
(a) A handsome man with a history of dangerous adventures all over the world.
(b) An ancient story with historic roots that takes on symbolic or moral meaning.
(c) An old adverstising slogan for mink coats: "What becomes a legend most?"
(d) A fairy tale that doesn't end "happily ever after."
4. What does Marahet say about Akasha?
(a) "She has a vicious temper, but she loves us all as her children."
(b) "My loyalty is to the Queen and the rest of you are damned."
(c) "She is the Queen of the Damned and the Damned can't live without her."
(d) "We are damned if we do kill her and damned if we don't."
5. How does Enkil come to rule his kingdom?
(a) He is chosen by lottery, as is the custom of his people.
(b) His mother dies and there are no female realtives to ascend to the throne.
(c) Like Oedipus, he slays his father and marries his mother.
(d) The people of the Nile Valley anoint him king while he is still a child.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which of these skills are typical of vampires?
2. What does the spirit Amel give to Akasha?
3. Why does Maharet decide, despite her earlier reluctance, to make Jesse into one of the undead?
4. What is the treasure being handed over?
5. What are the Himalayas?
This section contains 468 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)