|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 1, Chapter 3, The Goddess Pandora.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What seems to have happened to the twins, according to the cave paintings?
(a) They were made Queens of the Amazon and revered as goddesses.
(b) They were sacrificed on an altar and beheaded.
(c) They were beaten by soldiers, then put on separate ships, never to see each other again.
(d) They were taken prisoner by soldiers, then escaped.
2. When do other vampires plan to kill Lestat?
(a) Christmas Eve, at midnight services.
(b) High noon.
(c) The night of his Halloween concert.
(d) During final episode of "Dancing With the Stars."
3. What kind of publication or broadcast is used to summarize information from the first two books for the reader?
(a) An article in the weekly magazine that only vampires can receive.
(b) A posting on Pandora's Facebook Wall.
(c) A declaration against Lestat and his allies, posted at vampire gathering spots.
(d) A guest appearance on Letterman.
4. How does Azim feel about his life as a vampire?
(a) He revels in it and participates completely.
(b) He longs every day to be human and mortal.
(c) He is disgusted at himself.
(d) He is indifferent, but resigned to fulfilling his need for blood.
5. What is a legend?
(a) A handsome man with a history of dangerous adventures all over the world.
(b) An ancient story with historic roots that takes on symbolic or moral meaning.
(c) A fairy tale that doesn't end "happily ever after."
(d) An old adverstising slogan for mink coats: "What becomes a legend most?"
Short Answer Questions
1. What is an acolyte?
2. Who pays for the archeologist's research?
3. Who summarizes the two previous books in the prologue?
4. What is Azim's plan for dealing with the danger he feels?
5. Who made Pandora?
This section contains 411 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)