|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 1, Chapter 1, The Legend of the Twins.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What emotion does Lestat look forward to feeling during his concert?
(a) Excitement at the prospect of a battle with other vampires.
(b) Amusement at the horror the audience would feel, seeing him drink blood.
(c) Sorrow for the destruction of the human race.
(d) The joy of making music and performing, of feeling human.
2. What is the relationship between Gabrielle and Lestat?
(b) Mother and son.
(c) Co-lyricists of Lestat's hit album.
(d) Distant cousins.
3. How does Lestat pass for human?
(a) By keeping his collar up and wearing a hat and dark glasses.
(b) By wearing a George W. Bush mask.
(c) By projecting an aura that confuses onlookers.
(d) By using makeup, skillfully applied.
4. What revelation does the archeologist have on his deathbed?
(a) That his daughter is a vampire, the descendant of the twins.
(b) He finally recognizes that his benefactress was in love with him and wished to marry.
(c) He realizes he wasted his life chasing an unimportant event.
(d) He believes that his dreams have finally revealed what happened to the twins.
5. What is the treasure being handed over?
(a) A baby with red hair.
(b) A golden goblet containing the blood of the twins' mother.
(c) An ancient sword with mystical powers.
(d) A ruby, which had been crystalized from the twins' blood.
Short Answer Questions
1. What are The Vampire Chronicles?
2. Who is the original vampire?
3. How old are the cave paintings that tell the Legend of the Twins?
4. Who summarizes the two previous books in the prologue?
5. What does Marius call Lestat?
This section contains 315 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)