Final Test - Hard
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. After Burnham comes up with his plan about blackmailing him, who briefs Mario Epstein?
2. What Tom Sawyer character does Dyanna's new behavior remind Burnham of?
3. What does Eva say about Burnham being in love with her?
4. What does the word "Adit" mean?
5. Why does Dyanna not like Eva?
Essay Topic 1
Ivy Peniston overcomes several obstacles buring the course of the story.
Part 1) What are Ivy's obstacles?
Part 2) How does Ivy go about solving her problems?
Part 3) Do you think Ivy has a happy ending in this story? Why or why not?
Essay Topic 2
Pym's espionage career made him resourceful and ruthless. He had, however, some moments throughout the story that showed him to be emotional and in the end, he chose rebellion rather than compliance.
Part 1) Describe Pyms life as a young man in the Soviet Union.
Part 2) Describe how Pym built up his identity as an American.
Part 3) What is Pym"s attitude towards Eva? Explain, using examples from the book.
Essay Topic 3
What is the significance of Mengele's and Louise's arrest?
1) What does this mean for Pym?
2) What does this mean for Eva?
3) Does this event affect the espionage activities? Explain using examples from the text.
This section contains 278 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)