|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where has the President placed a chair for Burnham at the Cabinet meeting?
2. What does Ivy see people doing on the street as she crossed the street in the neighborhood?
3. What music piece inspires Burnham's idea about what to do?
4. What does Eva want to do once she got home?
5. What does Eva notice about Burnham?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why is Burnham feeling proud after the President's speech on the Honduras situation?
2. What gives Burnham the courage to tell Eva he has put her under investigation by the FBI?
3. Why does Eva say that the President might have really loved Burnham?
4. Why will Burnham not turn Eva in after she confessed she was a spy?
5. How does the President explain Burnham to the press?
6. What does Burnham do after he steals the tapes he needs to blackmail Epstein?
7. What does Eva learn about herself after Louise's arrest with Mengele?
8. Describe why Burnham is not fired after that first meeting with the President.
9. How does Pym know that Teal appreciates the information he has given him?
10. What occurs in Chapter 8 that lets us know that Burnham is definitely "in" with the President?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
What does the President mean at the press conference when he jokes about wishing he could put the First Amendment on hold?
1) What is happening when the President jokes about this?
2) Who is the President speaking to when he makes this joke?
3) From what you know about the President, was there any truth in this statement?
Essay Topic 2
Eva had a colorful political life in her younger years, ending with her eventually being arrested for intending to blow up the Glen Canyon Dam.
1) How does this effect Eva's relationship to Pym?
2) Do Eva and Burnham have anything in common politically? Cite examples from the book.
3) What do you think Eva will do when she doesn't have to be a spy anymore?
Essay Topic 3
Dyanna's takes her position as Burnham's secretary very seriously.
1) What are Dyanna's personal circumstances?
2) What motivates Dyanna to help Burnham be successful?
3) Do you think Burnham is attracted to Dyanna? Explain using examples from the book.
This section contains 805 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)