|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Dyanna learn from Connie and Dolores?
2. How does Dyanna find out that Sarah had kicked Burnham out?
3. What is the last item on the table from the envelope Teal had sent to Pym?
4. At the news conference, what does the President say Americans have of our own?
5. What does Eva say about Burnham being in love with her?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Eva think of Burnham?
2. What is Pym relieved about when he called Teal?
3. What gives Burnham the courage to tell Eva he has put her under investigation by the FBI?
4. What is Burnham's ironic thought about Sarah after he solves the crisis with Toddy?
5. How does Pym know that Teal appreciates the information he has given him?
6. Describe Burnham's opinion on the Invasion of the Honduras.
7. Considering the development of Burnham's relationship to the President throughout the book, how has Burnham influenced American Foreign Policy?
8. What does Dyanna find out at lunch with Connie and Dolores?
9. How does Ivy come to be on the evening news?
10. How has Hal been an ally to Burnham throughout the story?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
What does the President mean at the press conference when he jokes about wishing he could put the First Amendment on hold?
1) What is happening when the President jokes about this?
2) Who is the President speaking to when he makes this joke?
3) From what you know about the President, was there any truth in this statement?
Essay Topic 2
When Pym meets with Teal at the bar,he is not impressed. Not only does he dislike Teal, but he has a deep mistrust of him.
1) In your opinion, what does this mistrust foreshadow?
2) What has Teal said to Pym that caused him to lose his temper?
3 )What is Pym thinking that Teal might do to him because he lost his temper?
Essay Topic 3
Eva had a colorful political life in her younger years, ending with her eventually being arrested for intending to blow up the Glen Canyon Dam.
1) How does this effect Eva's relationship to Pym?
2) Do Eva and Burnham have anything in common politically? Cite examples from the book.
3) What do you think Eva will do when she doesn't have to be a spy anymore?
This section contains 821 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)