|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. After he speaks with ABC, what does Pym hope that Eva will do?
2. When he drags him into the car, what does Teal insist that Pym do?
3. What does Dyanna learn from Connie and Dolores?
4. What is the name of the bar Teal wanted to meet in?
5. Why does Ivy think her leg had stopped hurting?
Short Essay Questions
1. Considering the development of Burnham's relationship to the President throughout the book, how has Burnham influenced American Foreign Policy?
2. Why does Eva say that the President might have really loved Burnham?
3. Is it surprising that the couple in the car Burnham saw on his way into the apartment turn out to be working for Epstein?
4. Why will Burnham not turn Eva in after she confessed she was a spy?
5. Describe Burnham's feelings when the President informs him he is to write his memoirs.
6. What does Eva learn about herself after Louise's arrest with Mengele?
7. What thoughts does Burnham have about his motivations for kissing Dyanna?
8. What gives Burnham the courage to tell Eva he has put her under investigation by the FBI?
9. What does Dyanna find out at lunch with Connie and Dolores?
10. Describe Burnham's opinion on the Invasion of the Honduras.
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Eva had a colorful political life in her younger years, ending with her eventually being arrested for intending to blow up the Glen Canyon Dam.
1) How does this effect Eva's relationship to Pym?
2) Do Eva and Burnham have anything in common politically? Cite examples from the book.
3) What do you think Eva will do when she doesn't have to be a spy anymore?
Essay Topic 2
Timothy Burnham's wife, Sarah, believes he is an unprincipled man.
Part 1) Would you agree with this opinion of Burnham?
Part 2) Why or why not? Provide some examples from the text supporting your point of view.
Part 3) Did your opinion of Burnham change as the book progressed? Explain, using examples from the book.
Essay Topic 3
When Burnham understands that the ship in the harbor in Havana was the Bilitis, he asks for an hour to get the situation under control.
1) How does he know he can handle this situation?
2) What do you think his motivations are? Does this have anything to do with wanting to defy Epstein?
3) What, in your opinion, is the significance of Toddy being a transsexual?
This section contains 847 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)