|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Burnham describe The Secretary of Agriculture's speech?
2. When, according to the President, did the soviets call ABC?
3. How does Pym get in to the crowded bar?
4. Where are the document leaks that the President refers to?
5. What sort of meal is Pym preparing as he speaks with Eva?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why is Burnham feeling proud after the President's speech on the Honduras situation?
2. Considering the development of Burnham's relationship to the President throughout the book, how has Burnham influenced American Foreign Policy?
3. What was in the courier bag from Teal that alarmed Pym?
4. How does Pym know that Teal appreciates the information he has given him?
5. How does the President explain Burnham to the press?
6. What does Burnham do after he steals the tapes he needs to blackmail Epstein?
7. How does Eva use her knowledge of Burnham's health issues to her advantage?
8. Who is Teal referring to when he speaks of B-12?
9. Describe Burnham's opinion on the Invasion of the Honduras.
10. What thoughts does Burnham have about his motivations for kissing Dyanna?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Sarah appears to have some very strong principles, and uses this as a reason for kicking Burnham out of the house.
Part 1) What are Sarah's complaints about Burnham?
Part 2) Do you think Sarah was being fair in her accusations?
Part 3) Does it seem to you that Sarah's friend, Sonja, was influencing her, as Burnham believed she was? Explain, using examples from the book.
Essay Topic 2
Does anything Pym ever threaten or convince Eva of ever come true? Use examples from the text.
1) Does Eva enjoy living with Pym? Explain.
2) Is Eva interested in the Soviet Union?
3) Do you think Eva's relationship with Pym is helpful to her? Why or why not?
Essay Topic 3
Pym's espionage career made him resourceful and ruthless. He had, however, some moments throughout the story that showed him to be emotional and in the end, he chose rebellion rather than compliance.
Part 1) Describe Pyms life as a young man in the Soviet Union.
Part 2) Describe how Pym built up his identity as an American.
Part 3) What is Pym"s attitude towards Eva? Explain, using examples from the book.
This section contains 761 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)