|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Christopher inform Burnham about from the school bus window?
2. What does Pym imagine Teal was arranging for him?
3. What name is Ivy using in reference to Dyanna?
4. What does the word "Adit" mean?
5. After the President finishes his statement on the Honduras, what makes Burnham feel so proud?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Dyanna find out at lunch with Connie and Dolores?
2. What does Burnham do after he steals the tapes he needs to blackmail Epstein?
3. What is the topic of the meeting that Burnham attends with the President?
4. What gives Burnham the courage to tell Eva he has put her under investigation by the FBI?
5. How does Pym know that Teal appreciates the information he has given him?
6. What occurs in Chapter 8 that lets us know that Burnham is definitely "in" with the President?
7. Describe Burnham's feelings when the President informs him he is to write his memoirs.
8. Describe Burnham's opinion on the Invasion of the Honduras.
9. Why does Eva say that the President might have really loved Burnham?
10. Considering the development of Burnham's relationship to the President throughout the book, how has Burnham influenced American Foreign Policy?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
When Pym meets with Teal at the bar,he is not impressed. Not only does he dislike Teal, but he has a deep mistrust of him.
1) In your opinion, what does this mistrust foreshadow?
2) What has Teal said to Pym that caused him to lose his temper?
3 )What is Pym thinking that Teal might do to him because he lost his temper?
Essay Topic 2
Does anything Pym ever threaten or convince Eva of ever come true? Use examples from the text.
1) Does Eva enjoy living with Pym? Explain.
2) Is Eva interested in the Soviet Union?
3) Do you think Eva's relationship with Pym is helpful to her? Why or why not?
Essay Topic 3
Timothy Burnham's wife, Sarah, believes he is an unprincipled man.
Part 1) Would you agree with this opinion of Burnham?
Part 2) Why or why not? Provide some examples from the text supporting your point of view.
Part 3) Did your opinion of Burnham change as the book progressed? Explain, using examples from the book.
This section contains 786 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)