|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Dr. Johnson say about Patriotism?
2. What does Burnham want to do because he felt patriotic?
3. Who does Teal name that Pym actually had information on?
4. What does the "Burnham Memo" that Burnham finds in Epsteins office say?
5. Who is Teal talking about to when he said "B-12 has gone bad"?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Does the President have any strong political beliefs?
1) How do these beliefs get expressed in the plot?
2) How does Burnham influence the President? Cite 3 examples from the text.
3) Why do you think the President wants Burnham's advice?
Essay Topic 2
Eva had a colorful political life in her younger years, ending with her eventually being arrested for intending to blow up the Glen Canyon Dam.
1) How does this effect Eva's relationship to Pym?
2) Do Eva and Burnham have anything in common politically? Cite examples from the book.
3) What do you think Eva will do when she doesn't have to be a spy anymore?
Essay Topic 3
Sarah appears to have some very strong principles, and uses this as a reason for kicking Burnham out of the house.
Part 1) What are Sarah's complaints about Burnham?
Part 2) Do you think Sarah was being fair in her accusations?
Part 3) Does it seem to you that Sarah's friend, Sonja, was influencing her, as Burnham believed she was? Explain, using examples from the book.
This section contains 1,258 words
(approx. 5 pages at 300 words per page)