|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where are the document leaks that the President refers to?
2. How many Percodans has Ivy taken before she went into Burnham's office?
3. What does Burnham sense he needed to do immediately after Eva told him she was a spy?
4. What sort of meal is Pym preparing as he speaks with Eva?
5. What sort of restaurant does Eva take Burnham to?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Pym know that Teal appreciates the information he has given him?
2. How has Hal been an ally to Burnham throughout the story?
3. How does Eva use her knowledge of Burnham's health issues to her advantage?
4. Describe Burnham's feelings when the President informs him he is to write his memoirs.
5. What is Burnham's ironic thought about Sarah after he solves the crisis with Toddy?
6. How does the President explain Burnham to the press?
7. Describe why Burnham is not fired after that first meeting with the President.
8. Who is Teal referring to when he speaks of B-12?
9. Is it surprising that the couple in the car Burnham saw on his way into the apartment turn out to be working for Epstein?
10. What was in the courier bag from Teal that alarmed Pym?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
When Burnham understands that the ship in the harbor in Havana was the Bilitis, he asks for an hour to get the situation under control.
1) How does he know he can handle this situation?
2) What do you think his motivations are? Does this have anything to do with wanting to defy Epstein?
3) What, in your opinion, is the significance of Toddy being a transsexual?
Essay Topic 2
Discuss the animosity between the NSC and the CIA.
1) How does this compromise the President's safety?
2) How does this help Burnham with his relationship with the President?
3) What is the truth about the pasha of Banda?
Essay Topic 3
Eva had a colorful political life in her younger years, ending with her eventually being arrested for intending to blow up the Glen Canyon Dam.
1) How does this effect Eva's relationship to Pym?
2) Do Eva and Burnham have anything in common politically? Cite examples from the book.
3) What do you think Eva will do when she doesn't have to be a spy anymore?
This section contains 747 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)