|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Dr. Johnson say about Patriotism?
2. In his statement that he starts the news conference with, what earlier event does the President refer to?
3. What is Pym wishing when he turns away from Eva?
4. What Japanese film does Burnham refer to when speaking with Toddy?
5. How does Dyanna find out that Sarah had kicked Burnham out?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Burnham realize after the ordeal of his first Cabinet meeting?
2. What was in the courier bag from Teal that alarmed Pym?
3. What does Burnham do after he steals the tapes he needs to blackmail Epstein?
4. What gives Burnham the courage to tell Eva he has put her under investigation by the FBI?
5. How does the President explain Burnham to the press?
6. What thoughts does Burnham have about his motivations for kissing Dyanna?
7. Why will Burnham not turn Eva in after she confessed she was a spy?
8. Why is Burnham feeling proud after the President's speech on the Honduras situation?
9. What does Eva think of Burnham?
10. What does Eva learn about herself after Louise's arrest with Mengele?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Does Burnham's relationship with Eva cause him to lose his job? Explain using examples from the text.
1) Did Eva care about what Burnham does for a living?
2) Did Eva enjoy spying on Burnham?
3) Does Eva help Burnham? How?
Essay Topic 2
When Burnham understands that the ship in the harbor in Havana was the Bilitis, he asks for an hour to get the situation under control.
1) How does he know he can handle this situation?
2) What do you think his motivations are? Does this have anything to do with wanting to defy Epstein?
3) What, in your opinion, is the significance of Toddy being a transsexual?
Essay Topic 3
What is the significance of Mengele's and Louise's arrest?
1) What does this mean for Pym?
2) What does this mean for Eva?
3) Does this event affect the espionage activities? Explain using examples from the text.
This section contains 767 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)