|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. How many Percodans has Ivy taken before she went into Burnham's office?
2. Where has the President placed a chair for Burnham at the Cabinet meeting?
3. What sort of restaurant does Eva take Burnham to?
4. Who answers the phone when Burnham called the President?
5. What is Burnham grateful for the President never asking him?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe why Burnham is not fired after that first meeting with the President.
2. How does Eva use her knowledge of Burnham's health issues to her advantage?
3. What occurs in Chapter 8 that lets us know that Burnham is definitely "in" with the President?
4. What does Dyanna find out at lunch with Connie and Dolores?
5. Describe Burnham's opinion on the Invasion of the Honduras.
6. What does Burnham realize after the ordeal of his first Cabinet meeting?
7. Why is Burnham feeling proud after the President's speech on the Honduras situation?
8. Is it surprising that the couple in the car Burnham saw on his way into the apartment turn out to be working for Epstein?
9. Why does Eva say that the President might have really loved Burnham?
10. Describe Burnham's feelings when the President informs him he is to write his memoirs.
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Ivy Peniston overcomes several obstacles buring the course of the story.
Part 1) What are Ivy's obstacles?
Part 2) How does Ivy go about solving her problems?
Part 3) Do you think Ivy has a happy ending in this story? Why or why not?
Essay Topic 2
Does Burnham's relationship with Eva cause him to lose his job? Explain using examples from the text.
1) Did Eva care about what Burnham does for a living?
2) Did Eva enjoy spying on Burnham?
3) Does Eva help Burnham? How?
Essay Topic 3
Eva knows a great deal about nutrition. How is she using her knowledge to influence Burnham?
1) How is she controlling what he eats?
2) In your opinion, does she show interest in his consumption out of affection, or is she just doing her job?
3) Which do you think is having more of an effect on Burnham,:the food or the sex? Explain, using three examples from the book.
This section contains 729 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)