|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Burnham's last piece of advice to Toddy?
2. What choice does Burnham have about Eva?
3. What college is the President's nephew applying for?
4. How does Burnham describe The Secretary of Agriculture's speech?
5. Does the President say what happens to Burnham?
Short Essay Questions
1. How has Hal been an ally to Burnham throughout the story?
2. Who is Teal referring to when he speaks of B-12?
3. Why will Burnham not turn Eva in after she confessed she was a spy?
4. What does Dyanna find out at lunch with Connie and Dolores?
5. How does Eva use her knowledge of Burnham's health issues to her advantage?
6. Describe Burnham's opinion on the Invasion of the Honduras.
7. Is it surprising that the couple in the car Burnham saw on his way into the apartment turn out to be working for Epstein?
8. What is the topic of the meeting that Burnham attends with the President?
9. Why is Burnham feeling proud after the President's speech on the Honduras situation?
10. What is Pym relieved about when he called Teal?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
When the President asks Evelyn who Samuel Johnson works for, was he being serious?
1) Who is Samuel Johnson?
2) Do you think he is a wise man?
3) How does Samuel Johnson influence the President?
Essay Topic 2
Eva knows a great deal about nutrition. How is she using her knowledge to influence Burnham?
1) How is she controlling what he eats?
2) In your opinion, does she show interest in his consumption out of affection, or is she just doing her job?
3) Which do you think is having more of an effect on Burnham,:the food or the sex? Explain, using three examples from the book.
Essay Topic 3
Eva had a colorful political life in her younger years, ending with her eventually being arrested for intending to blow up the Glen Canyon Dam.
1) How does this effect Eva's relationship to Pym?
2) Do Eva and Burnham have anything in common politically? Cite examples from the book.
3) What do you think Eva will do when she doesn't have to be a spy anymore?
This section contains 797 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)