|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. At the news conference, where does the President say that you have to keep a secret?
2. What does Ivy see people doing on the street as she crossed the street in the neighborhood?
3. What cant Pym ask Teal in catering code?
4. Where does Eva go when she left Pym's?
5. What is Burnham's last piece of advice to Toddy?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Eva think of Burnham?
2. Who is the first person Burnham wants to call from his new office?
3. What gives Burnham the courage to tell Eva he has put her under investigation by the FBI?
4. What does Dyanna find out at lunch with Connie and Dolores?
5. What was in the courier bag from Teal that alarmed Pym?
6. How does Ivy come to be on the evening news?
7. How does Burnham's distraction with his personal life work to Ivy's advantage?
8. Describe Burnham's feelings when the President informs him he is to write his memoirs.
9. What occurs in Chapter 8 that lets us know that Burnham is definitely "in" with the President?
10. Is it surprising that the couple in the car Burnham saw on his way into the apartment turn out to be working for Epstein?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Hal proves to be an important ally to Eva and Burnham throughout the story.
1) What motivates Hal to be so helpful?
2) Does Hal have any family or friends that we know about?
3) Does it surprise you that Hal is able to talk to Epstein?
Essay Topic 2
When the President asks Evelyn who Samuel Johnson works for, was he being serious?
1) Who is Samuel Johnson?
2) Do you think he is a wise man?
3) How does Samuel Johnson influence the President?
Essay Topic 3
Eva had a colorful political life in her younger years, ending with her eventually being arrested for intending to blow up the Glen Canyon Dam.
1) How does this effect Eva's relationship to Pym?
2) Do Eva and Burnham have anything in common politically? Cite examples from the book.
3) What do you think Eva will do when she doesn't have to be a spy anymore?
This section contains 744 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)