|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. After Burnham comes up with his plan about blackmailing him, who briefs Mario Epstein?
2. What Tom Sawyer character does Dyanna's new behavior remind Burnham of?
3. What does Eva say about Burnham being in love with her?
4. What does the word "Adit" mean?
5. Why does Dyanna not like Eva?
Essay Topic 1
What does the President mean at the press conference when he jokes about wishing he could put the First Amendment on hold?
1) What is happening when the President jokes about this?
2) Who is the President speaking to when he makes this joke?
3) From what you know about the President, was there any truth in this statement?
Essay Topic 2
When Pym meets with Teal at the bar,he is not impressed. Not only does he dislike Teal, but he has a deep mistrust of him.
1) In your opinion, what does this mistrust foreshadow?
2) What has Teal said to Pym that caused him to lose his temper?
3 )What is Pym thinking that Teal might do to him because he lost his temper?
Essay Topic 3
Eva knows a great deal about nutrition. How is she using her knowledge to influence Burnham?
1) How is she controlling what he eats?
2) In your opinion, does she show interest in his consumption out of affection, or is she just doing her job?
3) Which do you think is having more of an effect on Burnham,:the food or the sex? Explain, using three examples from the book.
This section contains 1,249 words
(approx. 5 pages at 300 words per page)