Final Test - Hard
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. After Burnham comes up with his plan about blackmailing him, who briefs Mario Epstein?
2. What Tom Sawyer character does Dyanna's new behavior remind Burnham of?
3. What does Eva say about Burnham being in love with her?
4. What does the word "Adit" mean?
5. Why does Dyanna not like Eva?
Essay Topic 1
Does anything Pym ever threaten or convince Eva of ever come true? Use examples from the text.
1) Does Eva enjoy living with Pym? Explain.
2) Is Eva interested in the Soviet Union?
3) Do you think Eva's relationship with Pym is helpful to her? Why or why not?
Essay Topic 2
What does the President mean at the press conference when he jokes about wishing he could put the First Amendment on hold?
1) What is happening when the President jokes about this?
2) Who is the President speaking to when he makes this joke?
3) From what you know about the President, was there any truth in this statement?
Essay Topic 3
Eva had a colorful political life in her younger years, ending with her eventually being arrested for intending to blow up the Glen Canyon Dam.
1) How does this effect Eva's relationship to Pym?
2) Do Eva and Burnham have anything in common politically? Cite examples from the book.
3) What do you think Eva will do when she doesn't have to be a spy anymore?
This section contains 299 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)