|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Burnham call from Dyanna's desk?
2. What does the President like about Burnham's suggestion on the invasion?
3. Once he gets started, what does the President open the news conference with?
4. What does Eva notice about Burnham?
5. What is Pym wishing when he turns away from Eva?
Short Essay Questions
1. Is it surprising that the couple in the car Burnham saw on his way into the apartment turn out to be working for Epstein?
2. Who is Teal referring to when he speaks of B-12?
3. How does Pym know that Teal appreciates the information he has given him?
4. Describe Burnham's feelings when the President informs him he is to write his memoirs.
5. Why is Burnham feeling proud after the President's speech on the Honduras situation?
6. What does Eva think of Burnham?
7. How does the President explain Burnham to the press?
8. What occurs in Chapter 8 that lets us know that Burnham is definitely "in" with the President?
9. What thoughts does Burnham have about his motivations for kissing Dyanna?
10. What does Eva learn about herself after Louise's arrest with Mengele?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
When Pym meets with Teal at the bar,he is not impressed. Not only does he dislike Teal, but he has a deep mistrust of him.
1) In your opinion, what does this mistrust foreshadow?
2) What has Teal said to Pym that caused him to lose his temper?
3 )What is Pym thinking that Teal might do to him because he lost his temper?
Essay Topic 2
Hal proves to be an important ally to Eva and Burnham throughout the story.
1) What motivates Hal to be so helpful?
2) Does Hal have any family or friends that we know about?
3) Does it surprise you that Hal is able to talk to Epstein?
Essay Topic 3
Burnham always seems to be in the right place at the right time. Through a series of semi-comical events, his career as a speech writer causes him to become the President's right hand man.
Part 1) What role does Dyanna play in Burnham's success and what is she motivated by?
Part 2) Is Burnham interested in being so close to the President and does this change in the course of the book?
Part 3) Who is Burnham's favorite author and how does this influence his advice to the President?
This section contains 805 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)