|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What choice does Burnham have about Eva?
2. What question does Epstein have for Burnham after the President leaves?
3. Who does Teal name that Pym actually had information on?
4. How does Dyanna find out that Sarah had kicked Burnham out?
5. What does the word "Adit" mean?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Burnham realize after the ordeal of his first Cabinet meeting?
2. What does Eva learn about herself after Louise's arrest with Mengele?
3. What is Pym relieved about when he called Teal?
4. Describe why Burnham is not fired after that first meeting with the President.
5. How does Burnham's distraction with his personal life work to Ivy's advantage?
6. Considering the development of Burnham's relationship to the President throughout the book, how has Burnham influenced American Foreign Policy?
7. What occurs in Chapter 8 that lets us know that Burnham is definitely "in" with the President?
8. Why does Eva say that the President might have really loved Burnham?
9. How has Hal been an ally to Burnham throughout the story?
10. What was in the courier bag from Teal that alarmed Pym?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
How would you describe the tension between Burnham and Epstein?
1) Does the President like Epstein? Explain using examples from the book.
2) Does Burnham like Epstein? Explain using examples from the book.
3) How is Epstein's job different than Burnham's?
Essay Topic 2
Eva had a colorful political life in her younger years, ending with her eventually being arrested for intending to blow up the Glen Canyon Dam.
1) How does this effect Eva's relationship to Pym?
2) Do Eva and Burnham have anything in common politically? Cite examples from the book.
3) What do you think Eva will do when she doesn't have to be a spy anymore?
Essay Topic 3
Discuss the animosity between the NSC and the CIA.
1) How does this compromise the President's safety?
2) How does this help Burnham with his relationship with the President?
3) What is the truth about the pasha of Banda?
This section contains 760 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)