|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the President offer to let Burnham use?
2. What college is the President's nephew applying for?
3. How does Pym get in to the crowded bar?
4. Who is Teal talking about to when he said "B-12 has gone bad"?
5. What is Burnham's opinion of what to do about the Honduras?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Eva think of Burnham?
2. What does Eva learn about herself after Louise's arrest with Mengele?
3. What thoughts does Burnham have about his motivations for kissing Dyanna?
4. Who is the first person Burnham wants to call from his new office?
5. Who is Teal referring to when he speaks of B-12?
6. Describe Burnham's opinion on the Invasion of the Honduras.
7. What was in the courier bag from Teal that alarmed Pym?
8. What occurs in Chapter 8 that lets us know that Burnham is definitely "in" with the President?
9. How does Burnham's distraction with his personal life work to Ivy's advantage?
10. What does Burnham realize after the ordeal of his first Cabinet meeting?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Eva had a colorful political life in her younger years, ending with her eventually being arrested for intending to blow up the Glen Canyon Dam.
1) How does this effect Eva's relationship to Pym?
2) Do Eva and Burnham have anything in common politically? Cite examples from the book.
3) What do you think Eva will do when she doesn't have to be a spy anymore?
Essay Topic 2
Discuss the animosity between the NSC and the CIA.
1) How does this compromise the President's safety?
2) How does this help Burnham with his relationship with the President?
3) What is the truth about the pasha of Banda?
Essay Topic 3
When Burnham understands that the ship in the harbor in Havana was the Bilitis, he asks for an hour to get the situation under control.
1) How does he know he can handle this situation?
2) What do you think his motivations are? Does this have anything to do with wanting to defy Epstein?
3) What, in your opinion, is the significance of Toddy being a transsexual?
This section contains 694 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)