|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What has Mr. Pym said he was a collector of that Ivy could get for him in return for his help?
2. Whose speech does Burnham hear while at college in 1960?
3. What is "the boom factor" ?
4. What kind of information will Burnham have access to with "Q" status?
5. Why does Ivy Peniston argue that Jerome could graduate despite failing typing?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why has Epstein turned down the job he was originally offered by the President who was then still a Senator?
2. Does Burnham want "Q" clearance?
3. How does Burnham handle the situation after he finds out the truth about the pasha?
4. Who is Sonja?
5. Describe the economic situation in the Soviet Union during the war.
6. Why does Pym choose catering as a business?
7. What motivates Pym to seek out the Nazi group?
8. What is the President in the process of doing to Burnham before he suddenly has a change of heart?
9. Describe Ivy's understanding of Pym.
10. Why is there more status in not wearing a White House pass?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
How would you describe the tension between Burnham and Epstein?
1) Does the President like Epstein? Explain using examples from the book.
2) Does Burnham like Epstein? Explain using examples from the book.
3) How is Epstein's job different than Burnham's?
Essay Topic 2
Eva knows a great deal about nutrition. How is she using her knowledge to influence Burnham?
1) How is she controlling what he eats?
2) In your opinion, does she show interest in his consumption out of affection, or is she just doing her job?
3) Which do you think is having more of an effect on Burnham,:the food or the sex? Explain, using three examples from the book.
Essay Topic 3
Ivy Peniston overcomes several obstacles buring the course of the story.
Part 1) What are Ivy's obstacles?
Part 2) How does Ivy go about solving her problems?
Part 3) Do you think Ivy has a happy ending in this story? Why or why not?
This section contains 742 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)