|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Burnham believes he is allergic to what?
2. Why will Mr. Joslin not bend the rules for Jerome?
3. How long has it been since Burnham had a drink?
4. When he meets him at the Mess, what does Cobb have to tell Burnham about?
5. Why does Ivy Peniston argue that Jerome could graduate despite failing typing?
Short Essay Questions
1. What motivates Pym to seek out the Nazi group?
2. Why is there more status in not wearing a White House pass?
3. Describe the difference between working in the West Wing of the White House and the East Office Building.
4. Why is Ivy so driven to get Jerome his diploma?
5. Describe the meeting between Ivy Peniston and Luther Joslin.
6. What sort of gift does Ivy plan to bring Mr. Pym?
7. Which faction of the political spectrum is Derry leaning towards?
8. Who is Sonja?
9. How does Burnham handle the situation after he finds out the truth about the pasha?
10. What discovery enables the pasha of Banda to finance his sadistic regime?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
What is the significance of Mengele's and Louise's arrest?
1) What does this mean for Pym?
2) What does this mean for Eva?
3) Does this event affect the espionage activities? Explain using examples from the text.
Essay Topic 2
What does the President mean at the press conference when he jokes about wishing he could put the First Amendment on hold?
1) What is happening when the President jokes about this?
2) Who is the President speaking to when he makes this joke?
3) From what you know about the President, was there any truth in this statement?
Essay Topic 3
Do you think that Burnham has control over events in his life? What and how?
1) Has Burnham planned his career as a Presidential speech writer?
2) Does Burnham have any influence over Sarah and his children?
3) Does Burnham intentionally earn the Presidents respect? How? Explain using examples from the text.
This section contains 753 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)