|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why is Burnham getting "Q" Clearance?
2. How does the President feel about Epstein?
3. Burnham believes he is allergic to what?
4. What kind of information will Burnham have access to with "Q" status?
5. What had Light Colonel Clip Dixon done to get demoted?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Burnham subtly reveal to the President in his letter?
2. Does Burnham want "Q" clearance?
3. Why has Epstein turned down the job he was originally offered by the President who was then still a Senator?
4. What gives Burnham the courage to tell Eva he has put her under investigation by the FBI?
5. What thoughts does Burnham have about his motivations for kissing Dyanna?
6. How much does Eva know about her father's espionage career?
7. What is the topic of the meeting that Burnham attends with the President?
8. What decision does Pym make at he end of Chapter 6?
9. Which faction of the political spectrum is Derry leaning towards?
10. Who is Teal referring to when he speaks of B-12?
Essay Topic 1
Burnham always seems to be in the right place at the right time. Through a series of semi-comical events, his career as a speech writer causes him to become the President's right hand man.
Part 1) What role does Dyanna play in Burnham's success and what is she motivated by?
Part 2) Is Burnham interested in being so close to the President and does this change in the course of the book?
Part 3) Who is Burnham's favorite author and how does this influence his advice to the President?
Essay Topic 2
Sarah appears to have some very strong principles, and uses this as a reason for kicking Burnham out of the house.
Part 1) What are Sarah's complaints about Burnham?
Part 2) Do you think Sarah was being fair in her accusations?
Part 3) Does it seem to you that Sarah's friend, Sonja, was influencing her, as Burnham believed she was? Explain, using examples from the book.
Essay Topic 3
When Pym meets with Teal at the bar,he is not impressed. Not only does he dislike Teal, but he has a deep mistrust of him.
1) In your opinion, what does this mistrust foreshadow?
2) What has Teal said to Pym that caused him to lose his temper?
3 )What is Pym thinking that Teal might do to him because he lost his temper?
This section contains 1,737 words
(approx. 6 pages at 300 words per page)