|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What are Burnham's parting words to Epstein as he is leaving the Mess?
2. What does the high school building remind Ivy Peniston of?
3. Who does Sarah work for?
4. What does Burnham want to do with the flame thrower?
5. Although he is actually a speech writer for the President of the U.S.A, who does Timothy Burnham "officially" work for?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is Burnham feeling when he gets home?
2. Who is Sonja?
3. What sort of gift does Ivy plan to bring Mr. Pym?
4. Why is Ivy so driven to get Jerome his diploma?
5. Why is there more status in not wearing a White House pass?
6. Which faction of the political spectrum is Derry leaning towards?
7. Why does Pym choose catering as a business?
8. Describe the economic situation in the Soviet Union during the war.
9. What decision does Pym make at he end of Chapter 6?
10. Describe Timothy Burnham's job.
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
When the President asks Evelyn who Samuel Johnson works for, was he being serious?
1) Who is Samuel Johnson?
2) Do you think he is a wise man?
3) How does Samuel Johnson influence the President?
Essay Topic 2
Does the President have any strong political beliefs?
1) How do these beliefs get expressed in the plot?
2) How does Burnham influence the President? Cite 3 examples from the text.
3) Why do you think the President wants Burnham's advice?
Essay Topic 3
Does anything Pym ever threaten or convince Eva of ever come true? Use examples from the text.
1) Does Eva enjoy living with Pym? Explain.
2) Is Eva interested in the Soviet Union?
3) Do you think Eva's relationship with Pym is helpful to her? Why or why not?
This section contains 664 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)