|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why is Ivy Peniston so upset about Jerome failing typing?
2. What has Mr. Pym done for Ivy in the past?
3. What kind of information will Burnham have access to with "Q" status?
4. What does Burnham say to Sarah about his reason for writing for the President?
5. What does Burnham think about contact from the President?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why has Epstein turned down the job he was originally offered by the President who was then still a Senator?
2. What is Sarah's opinion of Burnham's job?
3. What is Pym's intention in giving Ivy the Percodan?
4. How does Burnham handle the situation after he finds out the truth about the pasha?
5. Why is Ivy so driven to get Jerome his diploma?
6. How much does Eva know about her father's espionage career?
7. Describe the meeting between Ivy Peniston and Luther Joslin.
8. Describe the difference between working in the West Wing of the White House and the East Office Building.
9. Describe Timothy Burnham's job.
10. Describe Ivy's understanding of Pym.
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
How would you describe the tension between Burnham and Epstein?
1) Does the President like Epstein? Explain using examples from the book.
2) Does Burnham like Epstein? Explain using examples from the book.
3) How is Epstein's job different than Burnham's?
Essay Topic 2
Do you think that Burnham has control over events in his life? What and how?
1) Has Burnham planned his career as a Presidential speech writer?
2) Does Burnham have any influence over Sarah and his children?
3) Does Burnham intentionally earn the Presidents respect? How? Explain using examples from the text.
Essay Topic 3
What is the significance of Mengele's and Louise's arrest?
1) What does this mean for Pym?
2) What does this mean for Eva?
3) Does this event affect the espionage activities? Explain using examples from the text.
This section contains 797 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)