|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. How long has Burnham been married to Sarah?
2. Why is Ivy Peniston so upset about Jerome failing typing?
3. What is "the boom factor" ?
4. Why does Ivy Peniston believe Mr. Joslin should bend the rules for Jerome?
5. Why was Eva in Jail?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Christopher say about Burnham and Sarah?
2. What does Renfro not have a sense of humor about?
3. Describe Timothy Burnham's job.
4. Describe the difference between working in the West Wing of the White House and the East Office Building.
5. What motivates Pym to seek out the Nazi group?
6. Does Burnham want "Q" clearance?
7. Why does Pym choose catering as a business?
8. Which faction of the political spectrum is Derry leaning towards?
9. Why is there more status in not wearing a White House pass?
10. What logic does Louise use to explain selling her baby to Pym?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Hal proves to be an important ally to Eva and Burnham throughout the story.
1) What motivates Hal to be so helpful?
2) Does Hal have any family or friends that we know about?
3) Does it surprise you that Hal is able to talk to Epstein?
Essay Topic 2
Does Burnham's relationship with Eva cause him to lose his job? Explain using examples from the text.
1) Did Eva care about what Burnham does for a living?
2) Did Eva enjoy spying on Burnham?
3) Does Eva help Burnham? How?
Essay Topic 3
When the President asks Evelyn who Samuel Johnson works for, was he being serious?
1) Who is Samuel Johnson?
2) Do you think he is a wise man?
3) How does Samuel Johnson influence the President?
This section contains 709 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)