|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Ivy think Eva was?
2. Why does Pym want to go for a walk with Eva?
3. What does Mr. Pym say to Ivy that makes her think he could help her?
4. Why does Pym choose Nebraska as a biographical core for his American identity?
5. Burnham believes he is allergic to what?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why is Ivy so driven to get Jerome his diploma?
2. Why is Burnham feeling proud after the President's speech on the Honduras situation?
3. Why has Epstein turned down the job he was originally offered by the President who was then still a Senator?
4. Describe the meeting between Ivy Peniston and Luther Joslin.
5. What sort of gift does Ivy plan to bring Mr. Pym?
6. How much does Eva know about her father's espionage career?
7. Who is the first person Burnham wants to call from his new office?
8. Who is Sonja?
9. Describe Ivy's understanding of Pym.
10. What does the President appreciate most about Burnham?
Essay Topic 1
How would you describe the tension between Burnham and Epstein?
1) Does the President like Epstein? Explain using examples from the book.
2) Does Burnham like Epstein? Explain using examples from the book.
3) How is Epstein's job different than Burnham's?
Essay Topic 2
Dyanna's takes her position as Burnham's secretary very seriously.
1) What are Dyanna's personal circumstances?
2) What motivates Dyanna to help Burnham be successful?
3) Do you think Burnham is attracted to Dyanna? Explain using examples from the book.
Essay Topic 3
Discuss the animosity between the NSC and the CIA.
1) How does this compromise the President's safety?
2) How does this help Burnham with his relationship with the President?
3) What is the truth about the pasha of Banda?
This section contains 1,736 words
(approx. 6 pages at 300 words per page)