|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is "the boom factor" ?
2. Why does Mr. Joslin think that Jerome failed typing?
3. What does Burnham think about contact from the President?
4. What does Pym promise to give Ivy before she leaves?
5. What city does Pinsky jump ship in?
Short Essay Questions
1. Does Burnham want "Q" clearance?
2. What is Burnham's health like?
3. What manner of relationship does Ivy have with Mr. Pym?
4. What decision does Pym make at he end of Chapter 6?
5. What discovery enables the pasha of Banda to finance his sadistic regime?
6. Why is Ivy so driven to get Jerome his diploma?
7. What confuses Burnham about his "Q" status?
8. Describe Ivy's understanding of Pym.
9. What is Pym's intention in giving Ivy the Percodan?
10. How does Burnham handle the situation after he finds out the truth about the pasha?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Ivy Peniston overcomes several obstacles buring the course of the story.
Part 1) What are Ivy's obstacles?
Part 2) How does Ivy go about solving her problems?
Part 3) Do you think Ivy has a happy ending in this story? Why or why not?
Essay Topic 2
Do you think that Burnham has control over events in his life? What and how?
1) Has Burnham planned his career as a Presidential speech writer?
2) Does Burnham have any influence over Sarah and his children?
3) Does Burnham intentionally earn the Presidents respect? How? Explain using examples from the text.
Essay Topic 3
What does the President mean at the press conference when he jokes about wishing he could put the First Amendment on hold?
1) What is happening when the President jokes about this?
2) Who is the President speaking to when he makes this joke?
3) From what you know about the President, was there any truth in this statement?
This section contains 678 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)