|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is removed from the basement of the West wing in order to make space for Warner Cobb's office?
2. What threat from his superiors in the Soviet Union prompts Pym to "prowl the perimeters of the White house" ?
3. Why does Pym want to go for a walk with Eva?
4. What does Burnham say to Sarah about his reason for writing for the President?
5. What kind of information will Burnham have access to with "Q" status?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe Timothy Burnham's job.
2. Describe the meeting between Ivy Peniston and Luther Joslin.
3. Describe why Burnham is not fired after that first meeting with the President.
4. Who is the first person Burnham wants to call from his new office?
5. What is Pym relieved about when he called Teal?
6. Why is Burnham feeling proud after the President's speech on the Honduras situation?
7. Describe Burnham's feelings when the President informs him he is to write his memoirs.
8. In his letter,what does Burnham say to encourage the President to trust his instincts?
9. What gives Burnham the courage to tell Eva he has put her under investigation by the FBI?
10. What thoughts does Burnham have about his motivations for kissing Dyanna?
Essay Topic 1
When Burnham understands that the ship in the harbor in Havana was the Bilitis, he asks for an hour to get the situation under control.
1) How does he know he can handle this situation?
2) What do you think his motivations are? Does this have anything to do with wanting to defy Epstein?
3) What, in your opinion, is the significance of Toddy being a transsexual?
Essay Topic 2
Dyanna's takes her position as Burnham's secretary very seriously.
1) What are Dyanna's personal circumstances?
2) What motivates Dyanna to help Burnham be successful?
3) Do you think Burnham is attracted to Dyanna? Explain using examples from the book.
Essay Topic 3
What is the significance of Mengele's and Louise's arrest?
1) What does this mean for Pym?
2) What does this mean for Eva?
3) Does this event affect the espionage activities? Explain using examples from the text.
This section contains 1,763 words
(approx. 6 pages at 300 words per page)