|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. How long has Burnham been married to Sarah?
2. How does the President feel about Epstein?
3. Why dos Eva record the taxi's license number?
4. What is "the boom factor" ?
5. Burnham's wife, Sarah, says that Derry's pubescent radicalism was due to what?
Short Essay Questions
1. What logic does Louise use to explain selling her baby to Pym?
2. What is Burnham feeling when he gets home?
3. Describe Ivy's understanding of Pym.
4. Describe Timothy Burnham's job.
5. Does Burnham want "Q" clearance?
6. Describe the economic situation in the Soviet Union during the war.
7. What is Burnham's health like?
8. How does Burnham handle the situation after he finds out the truth about the pasha?
9. What motivates Pym to seek out the Nazi group?
10. What decision does Pym make at he end of Chapter 6?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Pym's espionage career made him resourceful and ruthless. He had, however, some moments throughout the story that showed him to be emotional and in the end, he chose rebellion rather than compliance.
Part 1) Describe Pyms life as a young man in the Soviet Union.
Part 2) Describe how Pym built up his identity as an American.
Part 3) What is Pym"s attitude towards Eva? Explain, using examples from the book.
Essay Topic 2
Do you think that Burnham has control over events in his life? What and how?
1) Has Burnham planned his career as a Presidential speech writer?
2) Does Burnham have any influence over Sarah and his children?
3) Does Burnham intentionally earn the Presidents respect? How? Explain using examples from the text.
Essay Topic 3
What is the significance of Mengele's and Louise's arrest?
1) What does this mean for Pym?
2) What does this mean for Eva?
3) Does this event affect the espionage activities? Explain using examples from the text.
This section contains 677 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)