|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. How much money per paycheck is Burnham's pay raise worth?
2. What is Fydor Michaelovitch Pinsky's prized commodity in the Soviet Union during the war?
3. Who's personal chef has Dickinson been?
4. What has Mr. Pym said he was a collector of that Ivy could get for him in return for his help?
5. What does Burnham think about contact from the President?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe the meeting between Ivy Peniston and Luther Joslin.
2. What decision does Pym make at he end of Chapter 6?
3. Why is there more status in not wearing a White House pass?
4. What discovery enables the pasha of Banda to finance his sadistic regime?
5. How does Burnham handle the situation after he finds out the truth about the pasha?
6. What manner of relationship does Ivy have with Mr. Pym?
7. What is Burnham's health like?
8. Describe Timothy Burnham's job.
9. What does Renfro not have a sense of humor about?
10. Does Burnham want "Q" clearance?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
What is the significance of Mengele's and Louise's arrest?
1) What does this mean for Pym?
2) What does this mean for Eva?
3) Does this event affect the espionage activities? Explain using examples from the text.
Essay Topic 2
Eva knows a great deal about nutrition. How is she using her knowledge to influence Burnham?
1) How is she controlling what he eats?
2) In your opinion, does she show interest in his consumption out of affection, or is she just doing her job?
3) Which do you think is having more of an effect on Burnham,:the food or the sex? Explain, using three examples from the book.
Essay Topic 3
When the President asks Evelyn who Samuel Johnson works for, was he being serious?
1) Who is Samuel Johnson?
2) Do you think he is a wise man?
3) How does Samuel Johnson influence the President?
This section contains 718 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)