|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Burnham's wife, Sarah, says that Derry's pubescent radicalism was due to what?
2. How long has Mr. Pym served as a spy for the Soviets?
3. How does Ivy know she has "struck the mother lode" when she enters the office?
4. Why is Ivy Peniston so upset about Jerome failing typing?
5. Why is Burnham getting "Q" Clearance?
Short Essay Questions
1. How much does Eva know about her father's espionage career?
2. What decision does Pym make at he end of Chapter 6?
3. What does Christopher say about Burnham and Sarah?
4. Describe Ivy's understanding of Pym.
5. Why does Pym choose catering as a business?
6. What does Renfro not have a sense of humor about?
7. What is Burnham's health like?
8. What is Burnham feeling when he gets home?
9. What manner of relationship does Ivy have with Mr. Pym?
10. Does Burnham want "Q" clearance?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Hal proves to be an important ally to Eva and Burnham throughout the story.
1) What motivates Hal to be so helpful?
2) Does Hal have any family or friends that we know about?
3) Does it surprise you that Hal is able to talk to Epstein?
Essay Topic 2
How would you describe the tension between Burnham and Epstein?
1) Does the President like Epstein? Explain using examples from the book.
2) Does Burnham like Epstein? Explain using examples from the book.
3) How is Epstein's job different than Burnham's?
Essay Topic 3
What is the significance of Mengele's and Louise's arrest?
1) What does this mean for Pym?
2) What does this mean for Eva?
3) Does this event affect the espionage activities? Explain using examples from the text.
This section contains 693 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)