|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What has Mr. Pym done for Ivy in the past?
2. What does Pym promise to give Ivy before she leaves?
3. How does Sarah demonstrate that she is serious about one of them leaving?
4. What are Burnham's parting words to Epstein as he is leaving the Mess?
5. What kind of information will Burnham have access to with "Q" status?
Short Essay Questions
1. How much does Eva know about her father's espionage career?
2. What is Burnham feeling when he gets home?
3. Why has Epstein turned down the job he was originally offered by the President who was then still a Senator?
4. Describe Timothy Burnham's job.
5. What is Pym's intention in giving Ivy the Percodan?
6. What discovery enables the pasha of Banda to finance his sadistic regime?
7. Who is Sonja?
8. What does Christopher say about Burnham and Sarah?
9. What manner of relationship does Ivy have with Mr. Pym?
10. How does Burnham handle the situation after he finds out the truth about the pasha?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Timothy Burnham's wife, Sarah, believes he is an unprincipled man.
Part 1) Would you agree with this opinion of Burnham?
Part 2) Why or why not? Provide some examples from the text supporting your point of view.
Part 3) Did your opinion of Burnham change as the book progressed? Explain, using examples from the book.
Essay Topic 2
What is the significance of Mengele's and Louise's arrest?
1) What does this mean for Pym?
2) What does this mean for Eva?
3) Does this event affect the espionage activities? Explain using examples from the text.
Essay Topic 3
Eva had a colorful political life in her younger years, ending with her eventually being arrested for intending to blow up the Glen Canyon Dam.
1) How does this effect Eva's relationship to Pym?
2) Do Eva and Burnham have anything in common politically? Cite examples from the book.
3) What do you think Eva will do when she doesn't have to be a spy anymore?
This section contains 780 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)