Mid-Book Test - Hard
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. After he confronts Epstein in the Mess, why does Burnham feel terrific?
2. Why does Ivy Peniston argue that Jerome could graduate despite failing typing?
3. Why is Ivy Peniston so upset about Jerome failing typing?
4. What does Ivy bring Mr Pym?
5. How long has Mr. Pym served as a spy for the Soviets?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Eva say that the President might have really loved Burnham?
2. What does Burnham subtly reveal to the President in his letter?
3. Why is Ivy so driven to get Jerome his diploma?
4. What sort of gift does Ivy plan to bring Mr. Pym?
5. How does Eva use her knowledge of Burnham's health issues to her advantage?
6. What does Eva learn about herself after Louise's arrest with Mengele?
7. What occurs in Chapter 8 that lets us know that Burnham is definitely "in" with the President?
8. What decision does Pym make at he end of Chapter 6?
9. Who is Sonja?
10. Why has Epstein turned down the job he was originally offered by the President who was then still a Senator?
Essay Topic 1
Dyanna's takes her position as Burnham's secretary very seriously.
1) What are Dyanna's personal circumstances?
2) What motivates Dyanna to help Burnham be successful?
3) Do you think Burnham is attracted to Dyanna? Explain using examples from the book.
Essay Topic 2
Does anything Pym ever threaten or convince Eva of ever come true? Use examples from the text.
1) Does Eva enjoy living with Pym? Explain.
2) Is Eva interested in the Soviet Union?
3) Do you think Eva's relationship with Pym is helpful to her? Why or why not?
Essay Topic 3
Discuss the animosity between the NSC and the CIA.
1) How does this compromise the President's safety?
2) How does this help Burnham with his relationship with the President?
3) What is the truth about the pasha of Banda?
This section contains 773 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)