|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What music piece inspires Burnham's idea about what to do?
(a) Mozart's" Requiem. "
(b) Ravel's "Bolero".
(c) Michael Jackson's "Thriller."
(d) Bruce Springstien's " Born to Run."
2. What cant Pym ask Teal in catering code?
(a) About his next assignment.
(b) About using another bar as a meeting place.
(c) About how things are in Russia.
(d) About Jerome's Diploma.
3. When he drags him into the car, what does Teal insist that Pym do?
(a) Return to Russia.
(b) Turn himself in to the FBI.
(c) Inform ABC about the entire document leak.
(d) Leave Washington forever.
4. When asked by a member of the press about the spy scandal, what does the President say?
(a) That he knew all along that Burnham was a spy.
(b) That he was shocked at Burnham's betrayal.
(c) That Burnham will be caught and brought to justice.
(d) That the Soviet Union was way out of line.
5. What Ancient Greek city does Pym compare the bar to?
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Burnham compare kissing Dyanna to?
2. After he speaks with ABC, what does Pym hope that Eva will do?
3. What is Burnham meditating on when Dyanna asked to speak with him?
4. In his statement that he starts the news conference with, what earlier event does the President refer to?
5. What does Christopher inform Burnham about from the school bus window?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Burnham's distraction with his personal life work to Ivy's advantage?
2. What occurs in Chapter 8 that lets us know that Burnham is definitely "in" with the President?
3. How has Hal been an ally to Burnham throughout the story?
4. What gives Burnham the courage to tell Eva he has put her under investigation by the FBI?
5. Is it surprising that the couple in the car Burnham saw on his way into the apartment turn out to be working for Epstein?
6. Who is Teal referring to when he speaks of B-12?
7. How does Eva use her knowledge of Burnham's health issues to her advantage?
8. How does Pym know that Teal appreciates the information he has given him?
9. Describe why Burnham is not fired after that first meeting with the President.
10. Why does Eva say that the President might have really loved Burnham?
This section contains 796 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)