|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What college is the President's nephew applying for?
2. Once he gets started, what does the President open the news conference with?
(a) An apology to the American People.
(b) A short statement about the Honduras.
(c) A warm hello to all the troops in Central America.
(d) A warning to the Soviet Union.
3. What does Pym start doing before he finished the first paper?
(a) Smiling at Eva.
(c) Call Teal.
(d) Making a cup of tea.
4. What sort of restaurant does Eva take Burnham to?
5. Who does Burnham want to call after he found his new office?
Short Answer Questions
1. Where are the document leaks that the President refers to?
2. What does Ivy see people doing on the street as she crossed the street in the neighborhood?
3. As he gazes out the window, what is the President about to ask of Burnham?
4. What does Eva notice about Burnham?
5. Who does Burnham call from Dyanna's desk?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Eva think of Burnham?
2. Considering the development of Burnham's relationship to the President throughout the book, how has Burnham influenced American Foreign Policy?
3. Who is the first person Burnham wants to call from his new office?
4. What was in the courier bag from Teal that alarmed Pym?
5. What is the topic of the meeting that Burnham attends with the President?
6. What is Burnham's ironic thought about Sarah after he solves the crisis with Toddy?
7. How does Burnham's distraction with his personal life work to Ivy's advantage?
8. What does Dyanna find out at lunch with Connie and Dolores?
9. What is Pym relieved about when he called Teal?
10. What occurs in Chapter 8 that lets us know that Burnham is definitely "in" with the President?
This section contains 648 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)