|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Burnham describe The Secretary of Agriculture's speech?
(b) "Eloquent, yet only partially true."
(d) "Well intended."
2. What does Eva want to do once she got home?
(a) Quit being a spy.
(b) See Burnham again.
(c) Get some B-12 vitamin for Burnham.
(d) File her report on Burnham.
3. What sort of restaurant does Eva take Burnham to?
4. What does the word "Adit" mean?
(a) Mine entrance.
(b) Guard house.
(c) Horse barn.
(d) Mime show.
5. Where does Eva and Burnham run to?
(a) The airport.
(b) Eva's apartment.
(c) The train station
(d) The Y.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Burnham grateful for the President never asking him?
2. How many Percodans has Ivy taken before she went into Burnham's office?
3. What cant Pym ask Teal in catering code?
4. What name is Ivy using in reference to Dyanna?
5. What does Burnham sense he needed to do immediately after Eva told him she was a spy?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why will Burnham not turn Eva in after she confessed she was a spy?
2. Why is Burnham feeling proud after the President's speech on the Honduras situation?
3. Considering the development of Burnham's relationship to the President throughout the book, how has Burnham influenced American Foreign Policy?
4. Why does Eva say that the President might have really loved Burnham?
5. Describe why Burnham is not fired after that first meeting with the President.
6. What does Burnham realize after the ordeal of his first Cabinet meeting?
7. What does Eva think of Burnham?
8. How does Burnham's distraction with his personal life work to Ivy's advantage?
9. What thoughts does Burnham have about his motivations for kissing Dyanna?
10. Who is Teal referring to when he speaks of B-12?
This section contains 646 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)