|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does Eva go when she left Pym's?
(a) To the Y.
(b) To the offices of ABC.
(c) To the West Wing to find Burnham.
(d) To her and Burnham's apartment.
2. What college is the President's nephew applying for?
3. How does Dyanna find out that Sarah had kicked Burnham out?
(a) Sarah had stopped by the office with his things.
(b) She overheard his phone conversation.
(c) Burnham told her over lunch.
(d) Hal from the "Y" told her Burnham had been staying there.
4. What lie did Lyndon Johnson tell about his grandfather?
(a) That he died at the Alamo.
(b) That he was a poor farmer.
(c) That he saved several thousands of dollars by not drinking.
(d) That he never agreed with slavery,
5. What is the last item on the table from the envelope Teal had sent to Pym?
(a) One hundred hundred dollar bills.
(c) A pair of reading glasses.
(d) A fountain pen that shot needles.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is arrested with Mengele?
2. What question does Epstein have for Burnham after the President leaves?
3. After Dyanna plays the tape for him, why is Burnham not pleased with himself?
4. What does Pym imagine Teal was arranging for him?
5. What sort of meal is Pym preparing as he speaks with Eva?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Dyanna find out at lunch with Connie and Dolores?
2. How has Hal been an ally to Burnham throughout the story?
3. Is it surprising that the couple in the car Burnham saw on his way into the apartment turn out to be working for Epstein?
4. How does the President explain Burnham to the press?
5. Describe Burnham's feelings when the President informs him he is to write his memoirs.
6. What occurs in Chapter 8 that lets us know that Burnham is definitely "in" with the President?
7. What does Eva learn about herself after Louise's arrest with Mengele?
8. Why will Burnham not turn Eva in after she confessed she was a spy?
9. Why does Eva say that the President might have really loved Burnham?
10. What does Burnham realize after the ordeal of his first Cabinet meeting?
This section contains 812 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)