|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What Ancient Greek city does Pym compare the bar to?
2. When he drags him into the car, what does Teal insist that Pym do?
(a) Return to Russia.
(b) Leave Washington forever.
(c) Turn himself in to the FBI.
(d) Inform ABC about the entire document leak.
3. After the President finishes his statement on the Honduras, what makes Burnham feel so proud?
(a) His children and wife has issued statements of support for him.
(b) He has received a large cash payment for his work.
(c) Eva has decided to marry him.
(d) The President has said exactly what Burnham had urged him to.
4. Once he gets started, what does the President open the news conference with?
(a) A short statement about the Honduras.
(b) A warning to the Soviet Union.
(c) A warm hello to all the troops in Central America.
(d) An apology to the American People.
5. At the news conference, where does the President say that you have to keep a secret?
(a) Between you and God.
(b) With your mother.
(c) At the bottom of your sock drawer.
(d) In your head.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Dyanna not like Eva?
2. Who does Burnham want to call after he found his new office?
3. Who was Josef Mengele?
4. What is Burnham grateful for the President never asking him?
5. How does Pym get in to the crowded bar?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is Burnham's ironic thought about Sarah after he solves the crisis with Toddy?
2. Describe Burnham's feelings when the President informs him he is to write his memoirs.
3. Who is Teal referring to when he speaks of B-12?
4. What does Burnham realize after the ordeal of his first Cabinet meeting?
5. What thoughts does Burnham have about his motivations for kissing Dyanna?
6. What gives Burnham the courage to tell Eva he has put her under investigation by the FBI?
7. Considering the development of Burnham's relationship to the President throughout the book, how has Burnham influenced American Foreign Policy?
8. How has Hal been an ally to Burnham throughout the story?
9. Who is the first person Burnham wants to call from his new office?
10. Why is Burnham feeling proud after the President's speech on the Honduras situation?
This section contains 747 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)