|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Burnham describe The Secretary of Agriculture's speech?
(b) "Eloquent, yet only partially true."
(d) "Well intended."
2. What sort of restaurant does Eva take Burnham to?
3. What is Burnham grateful for the President never asking him?
(a) His own advice.
(b) How he feels about his job.
(c) What he is going to do about Sarah.
(d) How he feels about Eva.
4. What does Burnham think Ivy was going to do with the papers in the wastebasket?
(a) Burn them.
(b) Leave them for him to shred later.
(c) Shred them.
(d) Toss them in the trash shoot.
5. What lie did Lyndon Johnson tell about his grandfather?
(a) That he died at the Alamo.
(b) That he was a poor farmer.
(c) That he saved several thousands of dollars by not drinking.
(d) That he never agreed with slavery,
Short Answer Questions
1. What are Hal, Eva and Burnham waiting for while they are eating Chinese food?
2. What does Dr. Johnson say about Patriotism?
3. What is the first insult that Teal says to Pym?
4. Who calls twice while Burnham and the President are talking?
5. Who is Teal talking about to when he said "B-12 has gone bad"?
Short Essay Questions
1. Who is the first person Burnham wants to call from his new office?
2. What is the topic of the meeting that Burnham attends with the President?
3. How has Hal been an ally to Burnham throughout the story?
4. How does the President explain Burnham to the press?
5. Is it surprising that the couple in the car Burnham saw on his way into the apartment turn out to be working for Epstein?
6. What does Burnham realize after the ordeal of his first Cabinet meeting?
7. What was in the courier bag from Teal that alarmed Pym?
8. What does Eva think of Burnham?
9. Describe Burnham's feelings when the President informs him he is to write his memoirs.
10. What is Pym relieved about when he called Teal?
This section contains 726 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)