|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Ivy think her leg had stopped hurting?
(a) She wasn't working anymore now that Jerome was home.
(b) The leg was reacting to tranquility.
(c) She had purchased some better shoes.
(d) The pills worked well.
2. Where does Eva and Burnham run to?
(a) The Y.
(b) Eva's apartment.
(c) The airport.
(d) The train station
3. In his statement that he starts the news conference with, what earlier event does the President refer to?
(b) The Cuban missile crisis.
(c) Nazi germany.
(d) The invasion of Nicaragua.
4. Who is Teal talking about to when he said "B-12 has gone bad"?
(d) The President.
5. Who was Josef Mengele?
(a) The Angel of Death from Auschwitz.
(b) President of the Honduras
(c) The pasha of Banda's right hand man.
(d) Pyms direct contact after Teal.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Burnham describe The Secretary of Agriculture's speech?
2. What music piece inspires Burnham's idea about what to do?
3. What animal does Burnham compare Dyanna to?
4. Where has the President placed a chair for Burnham at the Cabinet meeting?
5. How does Burnham know Toddy Thatcher?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Eva use her knowledge of Burnham's health issues to her advantage?
2. Why is Burnham feeling proud after the President's speech on the Honduras situation?
3. Describe Burnham's feelings when the President informs him he is to write his memoirs.
4. What is Burnham's ironic thought about Sarah after he solves the crisis with Toddy?
5. Considering the development of Burnham's relationship to the President throughout the book, how has Burnham influenced American Foreign Policy?
6. What thoughts does Burnham have about his motivations for kissing Dyanna?
7. Why will Burnham not turn Eva in after she confessed she was a spy?
8. What was in the courier bag from Teal that alarmed Pym?
9. What does Burnham realize after the ordeal of his first Cabinet meeting?
10. How has Hal been an ally to Burnham throughout the story?
This section contains 674 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)