|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does Burnham want to call after he found his new office?
2. What does Pym start doing before he finished the first paper?
(a) Making a cup of tea.
(c) Call Teal.
(d) Smiling at Eva.
3. What does Eva want to do once she got home?
(a) Quit being a spy.
(b) File her report on Burnham.
(c) See Burnham again.
(d) Get some B-12 vitamin for Burnham.
4. At the news conference, where does the President say that you have to keep a secret?
(a) At the bottom of your sock drawer.
(b) Between you and God.
(c) In your head.
(d) With your mother.
5. What does Dr. Johnson say about Patriotism?
(a) Its the best way for a country to survive.
(b) Its the source of all comfort.
(c) Its the nobel life of the people.
(d) Its the last refuge of a scoundrel.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the "Burnham Memo" that Burnham finds in Epsteins office say?
2. Where are the document leaks that the President refers to?
3. What is the first insult that Teal says to Pym?
4. When he drags him into the car, what does Teal insist that Pym do?
5. How does Pym get in to the crowded bar?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Burnham do after he steals the tapes he needs to blackmail Epstein?
2. What does Eva learn about herself after Louise's arrest with Mengele?
3. What gives Burnham the courage to tell Eva he has put her under investigation by the FBI?
4. What is Burnham's ironic thought about Sarah after he solves the crisis with Toddy?
5. Describe why Burnham is not fired after that first meeting with the President.
6. What is the topic of the meeting that Burnham attends with the President?
7. How does the President explain Burnham to the press?
8. Who is Teal referring to when he speaks of B-12?
9. Considering the development of Burnham's relationship to the President throughout the book, how has Burnham influenced American Foreign Policy?
10. How does Pym know that Teal appreciates the information he has given him?
This section contains 785 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)