|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What gift has the President offered Burnham?
(a) A new car.
(b) His own toilet.
(c) The chance to write the President's Memoirs.
(d) An apartment in Washington.
2. What does Burnham compare kissing Dyanna to?
(a) "To kiss her would be like a Beckett play to a college student."
(b) "As if a magazine model sprang to life and he kissed her".
(c) "Like a knight kissing his Queen".
(d) "Like kissing a Barbie doll."
3. What is Burnham's last piece of advice to Toddy?
(a) "Sell the boat and be a decorator."
(b) "Keep in touch with your family."
(c) "From now on, only take paying customers."
(d) "Find a better mechanic."
4. What is the first sign that Burnham's office had been moved?
(a) The guard at the the gate redirected him to the West Wing.
(b) The brass nameplate holder was empty.
(c) A painting crew is there when he arrived.
(d) The door is locked.
5. What does Pym imagine Teal was arranging for him?
(a) To get a one way ticket to Russia.
(b) To meet another contact.
(c) To get a substantial cash payment.
(d) To be hit by a Taxi.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where are the document leaks that the President refers to?
2. What lie did Lyndon Johnson tell about his grandfather?
3. How does Burnham compare being with Eva to being with Sarah?
4. What does the "Burnham Memo" that Burnham finds in Epsteins office say?
5. When he leaves the basement of the "Y", where does Burnham go?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is Pym relieved about when he called Teal?
2. Who is Teal referring to when he speaks of B-12?
3. How does Eva use her knowledge of Burnham's health issues to her advantage?
4. What gives Burnham the courage to tell Eva he has put her under investigation by the FBI?
5. What does Burnham do after he steals the tapes he needs to blackmail Epstein?
6. How does Ivy come to be on the evening news?
7. Who is the first person Burnham wants to call from his new office?
8. Why does Eva say that the President might have really loved Burnham?
9. Describe Burnham's feelings when the President informs him he is to write his memoirs.
10. What occurs in Chapter 8 that lets us know that Burnham is definitely "in" with the President?
This section contains 755 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)