|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. After Dyanna plays the tape for him, why is Burnham not pleased with himself?
(a) Because he is a fraud.
(b) He likes his old office better.
(c) Dyanna is beginning to irritate him.
(d) All he wants to do was be with Eva.
2. Why does Dyanna not like Eva?
(a) Eva was a better cook.
(b) The office seemed crowded when Eva was around.
(c) She saw Eva as a destabilizing influence on Burnham.
(d) She was jealous of Eva.
3. Once he gets started, what does the President open the news conference with?
(a) A warm hello to all the troops in Central America.
(b) A short statement about the Honduras.
(c) An apology to the American People.
(d) A warning to the Soviet Union.
4. What is Burnham's opinion of what to do about the Honduras?
(a) "We should bring in our troops and take over"
(b) "We should support a puppet government, that does what we ask"
(c) "We should let The USSR deal with them."
(d) "We should leave them alone, help them out..."
5. What does the word "Adit" mean?
(a) Mine entrance.
(b) Mime show.
(c) Guard house.
(d) Horse barn.
Short Answer Questions
1. After the President finishes his statement on the Honduras, what makes Burnham feel so proud?
2. What is the last item on the table from the envelope Teal had sent to Pym?
3. Where has the President placed a chair for Burnham at the Cabinet meeting?
4. When, according to the President, did the soviets call ABC?
5. When he leaves Burnham and Sarah in the Basement of the "Y", where does Hal go?
Short Essay Questions
1. Who is the first person Burnham wants to call from his new office?
2. What does Eva learn about herself after Louise's arrest with Mengele?
3. Describe Burnham's opinion on the Invasion of the Honduras.
4. What was in the courier bag from Teal that alarmed Pym?
5. Who is Teal referring to when he speaks of B-12?
6. How has Hal been an ally to Burnham throughout the story?
7. What is Burnham's ironic thought about Sarah after he solves the crisis with Toddy?
8. What does Burnham do after he steals the tapes he needs to blackmail Epstein?
9. How does Pym know that Teal appreciates the information he has given him?
10. Describe Burnham's feelings when the President informs him he is to write his memoirs.
This section contains 796 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)