|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Dyanna learn from Connie and Dolores?
(a) That Thursday was the best day to go out for lunch.
(b) That Pym was under investigation by the FBI.
(c) That the President was having an affair.
(d) That Epstein planted the bug in Sarah's car.
2. What is Burnham grateful for the President never asking him?
(a) How he feels about Eva.
(b) His own advice.
(c) What he is going to do about Sarah.
(d) How he feels about his job.
3. How does Pym get in to the crowded bar?
(a) He bribed the bouncer.
(b) He waited until the crowd thinned out.
(c) He pretended to be a police officer.
(d) He went in the back door.
4. What lie did Lyndon Johnson tell about his grandfather?
(a) That he saved several thousands of dollars by not drinking.
(b) That he was a poor farmer.
(c) That he never agreed with slavery,
(d) That he died at the Alamo.
5. What Tom Sawyer character does Dyanna's new behavior remind Burnham of?
(a) Aunt Polly.
(b) Tom Sawyer.
(c) Huckleberry Finn.
(d) Becky Thatcher.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Eva and Burnham run to?
2. What Japanese film does Burnham refer to when speaking with Toddy?
3. Who calls twice while Burnham and the President are talking?
4. What does Burnham want to do because he felt patriotic?
5. What does the "Burnham Memo" that Burnham finds in Epsteins office say?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is the topic of the meeting that Burnham attends with the President?
2. What is Burnham's ironic thought about Sarah after he solves the crisis with Toddy?
3. How has Hal been an ally to Burnham throughout the story?
4. Why does Eva say that the President might have really loved Burnham?
5. Describe Burnham's opinion on the Invasion of the Honduras.
6. What thoughts does Burnham have about his motivations for kissing Dyanna?
7. What gives Burnham the courage to tell Eva he has put her under investigation by the FBI?
8. Describe why Burnham is not fired after that first meeting with the President.
9. Why will Burnham not turn Eva in after she confessed she was a spy?
10. How does Eva use her knowledge of Burnham's health issues to her advantage?
This section contains 762 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)