|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the President ask Burnham at the Cabinet meeting?
(a) If he wanted a Fresca.
(b) What he thought about what was being reported.
(c) What Eva was doing that night.
(d) If he needed a ride home.
2. What is the name of the bar Teal wanted to meet in?
(a) The Frogman's Lunch.
(b) The Washington Heights.
(c) The President's Place.
(d) The Devil's Disciple.
3. After the President finishes his statement on the Honduras, what makes Burnham feel so proud?
(a) He has received a large cash payment for his work.
(b) The President has said exactly what Burnham had urged him to.
(c) Eva has decided to marry him.
(d) His children and wife has issued statements of support for him.
4. What Ancient Greek city does Pym compare the bar to?
5. Who does Teal name that Pym actually had information on?
(a) The pasha of Banda.
(c) Benjamin T. Wislow.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Burnham compare being with Eva to being with Sarah?
2. When he drags him into the car, what does Teal insist that Pym do?
3. What does Pym imagine Teal was arranging for him?
4. What animal does Burnham compare Dyanna to?
5. What does Burnham want to do because he felt patriotic?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Ivy come to be on the evening news?
2. How does Eva use her knowledge of Burnham's health issues to her advantage?
3. What is Pym relieved about when he called Teal?
4. What occurs in Chapter 8 that lets us know that Burnham is definitely "in" with the President?
5. Describe Burnham's feelings when the President informs him he is to write his memoirs.
6. How does Pym know that Teal appreciates the information he has given him?
7. Considering the development of Burnham's relationship to the President throughout the book, how has Burnham influenced American Foreign Policy?
8. Who is the first person Burnham wants to call from his new office?
9. Why does Eva say that the President might have really loved Burnham?
10. How has Hal been an ally to Burnham throughout the story?
This section contains 718 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)