|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Burnham's opinion of what to do about the Honduras?
(a) "We should leave them alone, help them out..."
(b) "We should support a puppet government, that does what we ask"
(c) "We should bring in our troops and take over"
(d) "We should let The USSR deal with them."
2. When he drags him into the car, what does Teal insist that Pym do?
(a) Return to Russia.
(b) Leave Washington forever.
(c) Turn himself in to the FBI.
(d) Inform ABC about the entire document leak.
3. Who answers the phone when Burnham called the President?
(a) The Presidents wife.
(b) The President.
(c) The night guard.
4. What does Burnham take from the locked closet in Epstein's office?
(a) A Gucci bag.
(b) Office supplies.
(d) A typewriter.
5. Why does Pym think that Ivy was on the news?
(a) He thinks that Jerome's forged diploma had been discovered.
(b) He thinks Ivy had witnessed another crime.
(c) He thinks that she has been caught stealing information.
(d) He thinks she is exposing him.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the President offer to let Burnham use?
2. What does Pym mean when he told Eva the Soviets may dump them?
3. At the news conference, what does the President say Americans have of our own?
4. At the news conference, where does the President say that you have to keep a secret?
5. As he gazes out the window, what is the President about to ask of Burnham?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Ivy come to be on the evening news?
2. How has Hal been an ally to Burnham throughout the story?
3. What occurs in Chapter 8 that lets us know that Burnham is definitely "in" with the President?
4. What does Eva learn about herself after Louise's arrest with Mengele?
5. What does Burnham realize after the ordeal of his first Cabinet meeting?
6. Describe Burnham's feelings when the President informs him he is to write his memoirs.
7. Describe why Burnham is not fired after that first meeting with the President.
8. What is Pym relieved about when he called Teal?
9. Who is the first person Burnham wants to call from his new office?
10. What is Burnham's ironic thought about Sarah after he solves the crisis with Toddy?
This section contains 760 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)