|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is arrested with Mengele?
2. At the news conference, what does the President say Americans have of our own?
(b) Document Shredders.
3. Why does Ivy think her leg had stopped hurting?
(a) She wasn't working anymore now that Jerome was home.
(b) The leg was reacting to tranquility.
(c) The pills worked well.
(d) She had purchased some better shoes.
4. What does Burnham want to do because he felt patriotic?
(a) Investigate Mr. Pym.
(b) Invade someone.
(c) Make sure he shreds all his Top Secret documents.
(d) Salute the flag.
5. What is the last item on the table from the envelope Teal had sent to Pym?
(b) A fountain pen that shot needles.
(c) A pair of reading glasses.
(d) One hundred hundred dollar bills.
Short Answer Questions
1. What choice does Burnham have about Eva?
2. Where are the document leaks that the President refers to?
3. What animal does Burnham compare Dyanna to?
4. After Dyanna plays the tape for him, why is Burnham not pleased with himself?
5. What does the President offer to let Burnham use?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is the topic of the meeting that Burnham attends with the President?
2. How does Ivy come to be on the evening news?
3. Considering the development of Burnham's relationship to the President throughout the book, how has Burnham influenced American Foreign Policy?
4. How does Burnham's distraction with his personal life work to Ivy's advantage?
5. How does Pym know that Teal appreciates the information he has given him?
6. How does Eva use her knowledge of Burnham's health issues to her advantage?
7. Describe why Burnham is not fired after that first meeting with the President.
8. Who is Teal referring to when he speaks of B-12?
9. Describe Burnham's opinion on the Invasion of the Honduras.
10. What gives Burnham the courage to tell Eva he has put her under investigation by the FBI?
This section contains 713 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)