|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Although he is actually a speech writer for the President of the U.S.A, who does Timothy Burnham "officially" work for?
(a) The Central Intelligence Agency.
(b) The Department of Energy.
(c) The American Broadcasting System.
(d) The Washington Post.
2. How much does Pym pay Louise to divorce him?
3. What is Mr Renfro's last comment to Burnham?
(a) "I do hope you learn to take it seriously."
(b) "I'm afraid, Mr Burnham, that you have no choice but to....grow up."
(c) "Its only fair to tell you, you worry me."
(d) "You could appeal to the President to have you transferred."
4. Burnham believes he is allergic to what?
(a) Ethyl alchohol.
(d) Peanut butter.
5. Why does Pym want to go for a walk with Eva?
(a) To make sure Ivy's cab went the right direction.
(b) He wanted to buy some cigarettes.
(c) For the exercise.
(d) To tell her he was a Soviet spy.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Ivy get a closer look at Burnham's calendar?
2. What is Fydor Michaelovitch Pinsky's prized commodity in the Soviet Union during the war?
3. What makes Burnham decide to take the bus to work instead of a cab?
4. What threat from his superiors in the Soviet Union prompts Pym to "prowl the perimeters of the White house" ?
5. Why dos Eva record the taxi's license number?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Eva think of Burnham?
2. Why is Ivy so driven to get Jerome his diploma?
3. What decision does Pym make at he end of Chapter 6?
4. What thoughts does Burnham have about his motivations for kissing Dyanna?
5. What is the President in the process of doing to Burnham before he suddenly has a change of heart?
6. How does Burnham's distraction with his personal life work to Ivy's advantage?
7. What discovery enables the pasha of Banda to finance his sadistic regime?
8. Is it surprising that the couple in the car Burnham saw on his way into the apartment turn out to be working for Epstein?
9. What motivates Pym to seek out the Nazi group?
10. Describe the meeting between Ivy Peniston and Luther Joslin.
This section contains 765 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)