|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What threat from his superiors in the Soviet Union prompts Pym to "prowl the perimeters of the White house" ?
(a) The threat of being sent home.
(b) The threat of losing his business.
(c) The threat of being exposed as a spy.
(d) The threat of losing Eva.
2. How does Sarah demonstrate that she is serious about one of them leaving?
(a) She offers to leave if he can take care of the children.
(b) She dressed in a tweed suit.
(c) She insists he resign from his job.
(d) She packed one suitcase for him and one suitcase for her.
3. What has Mr. Pym done for Ivy in the past?
(a) Taken care of a customs problem in Bermuda.
(b) Given her and Jerome extra work from time to time.
(c) Loaned Ivy his car.
(d) He had gotten Ivy a United States Passport.
4. Who can call on a POTUS phone?
(a) The CIA.
(b) The President of The United States.
(c) The Washington DC police.
(d) The Soviet Ambassador.
5. In Chapter 7, what is Sarah most upset about?
(a) That Burnham ridiculed Sonja.
(b) That they argued in front of the children.
(c) Finding the "bug" in the car.
(d) That Burnham had no principles.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Burnham want Mr. Renfro to explain?
2. How long has it been since Burnham had a drink?
3. What does Burnham want to do with the flame thrower?
4. According to this book, how many workers are on the White House staff?
5. The first morning after Sarah kicked him out and he is having coffee in the Mess, why is Burnham humming when Cobb showed up at his table?
Short Essay Questions
1. Who is Sonja?
2. What sort of gift does Ivy plan to bring Mr. Pym?
3. Describe Ivy's understanding of Pym.
4. Why has Epstein turned down the job he was originally offered by the President who was then still a Senator?
5. What logic does Louise use to explain selling her baby to Pym?
6. Describe Timothy Burnham's job.
7. Describe the meeting between Ivy Peniston and Luther Joslin.
8. What does Renfro not have a sense of humor about?
9. What manner of relationship does Ivy have with Mr. Pym?
10. What decision does Pym make at he end of Chapter 6?
This section contains 794 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)