|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Burnham working on as the story opens?
(a) A National Day of Prayer Proclamation.
(b) The President's Inaugural Speech.
(c) A college reference letter.
(d) An official letter of congratulations.
2. What does Burnham find out about the pasha of Banda?
(a) That he was a murderous dictator.
(b) That he owed millions of dollars to the World Bank.
(c) That he was gravely ill.
(d) That he couldn't speak English.
3. What does Ivy bring Mr Pym?
(a) The President's next speech.
(b) Phone numbers.
(c) Shredded papers, a pay envelope and a prescription.
(d) Photo copies of Burnham's calendar.
4. Why does Mr. Joslin think that Jerome failed typing?
(a) He believes Jerome lacks discipline.
(b) He believes typing is an extremely difficult class.
(c) He thinks boys just can't type.
(d) He knows there are not enough typewriters available to students.
5. How much money per paycheck is Burnham's pay raise worth?
(a) Four hundred and fifty dollars.
(b) One hundred dollars.
(c) Twenty eight dollars and thirteen cents.
(d) Forty eight dollars and seventeen cents.
Short Answer Questions
1. How many of the President's writers work for the White House?
2. What city does Pinsky jump ship in?
3. What happens when Burnham drops his Pass?
4. What does Mr. Pym say to Ivy that makes her think he could help her?
5. What does Burnham want Mr. Renfro to explain?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why is Burnham feeling proud after the President's speech on the Honduras situation?
2. Why does Pym choose catering as a business?
3. What does Eva learn about herself after Louise's arrest with Mengele?
4. Who is Teal referring to when he speaks of B-12?
5. Who is the first person Burnham wants to call from his new office?
6. What does Eva think of Burnham?
7. Describe Timothy Burnham's job.
8. What was in the courier bag from Teal that alarmed Pym?
9. How has Hal been an ally to Burnham throughout the story?
10. What is the topic of the meeting that Burnham attends with the President?
This section contains 760 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)