|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why is Mr. Pym interested in Ivy?
(a) She is a good cook.
(b) She works in the White House complex.
(c) She seems like she needs help and he likes to help people.
(d) He would like to date her.
2. Why does Ivy Peniston argue that Jerome could graduate despite failing typing?
(a) She feels embarrassed to tell her neighbors that he is not graduating.
(b) He is going to cause trouble when he can't graduate with his class.
(c) He has good grades otherwise.
(d) She wants him out of the house as soon as possible.
3. What does the Majority Leader of the United States Senate say about the President's choice for the Vice President?
(a) "But he's a bigoted, bullheaded ignoramus."
(b) "This man is a war criminal."
(c) "I admire this man immensely."
(d) "We need to select a female Vice President."
4. What does Burnham find out about the pasha of Banda?
(a) That he owed millions of dollars to the World Bank.
(b) That he couldn't speak English.
(c) That he was a murderous dictator.
(d) That he was gravely ill.
5. The first morning after Sarah kicked him out and he is having coffee in the Mess, why is Burnham humming when Cobb showed up at his table?
(a) To hum along to the tunes playing on the Mess sound system.
(b) Humming was a constant activity for him.
(c) To hide the fact he was upset about his personal problems.
(d) To block out the conversation at the next table.
Short Answer Questions
1. What makes Burnham decide to take the bus to work instead of a cab?
2. What is Burnham working on as the story opens?
3. What does Ivy bring Mr Pym?
4. How does Eva know so much about vitamins?
5. What does Pym promise to give Ivy before she leaves?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Pym choose catering as a business?
2. Describe Ivy's understanding of Pym.
3. What does Christopher say about Burnham and Sarah?
4. What decision does Pym make at he end of Chapter 6?
5. Does Burnham want "Q" clearance?
6. Who is Sonja?
7. What is Burnham's health like?
8. What manner of relationship does Ivy have with Mr. Pym?
9. What sort of gift does Ivy plan to bring Mr. Pym?
10. Why is Ivy so driven to get Jerome his diploma?
This section contains 746 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)