|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Mr. Pym say to Ivy that makes her think he could help her?
(a) "I can forge anything".
(b) "Let me know if I can help you with anything".
(c) "Sometimes you have to bend the rules to survive".
(d) "Free enterprise means you are free to help yourself...".
2. Why does Mr. Joslin think that Jerome failed typing?
(a) He believes typing is an extremely difficult class.
(b) He believes Jerome lacks discipline.
(c) He thinks boys just can't type.
(d) He knows there are not enough typewriters available to students.
3. Who does Burnham praise in the speech he wrote for the President?
(a) The pasha of Banda.
(b) Banda's recent peacefuland democratic elections.
(c) The President's policies in Banda.
(d) The people of Banda.
4. What does Burnham think about contact from the President?
(a) He really wants a POTUS phone.
(b) He is anxious to be closer to the President.
(c) No news is good news.
(d) He looks forward to the assignments.
5. What sort of whale oil is an effective lubricant for the trigger devices of a hydrogen bomb?
(a) Blue whale oil.
(b) Sperm whale oil.
(c) Killer whale oil.
(d) Orcha whale oil.
Short Answer Questions
1. What has Mr. Pym said he was a collector of that Ivy could get for him in return for his help?
2. According to this book, what is the unemployment rate for black males in Washington DC at the time?
3. Where does Ivy Peniston get the idea that Jerome could cheat on his typing test?
4. How does Eva know so much about vitamins?
5. What is stapled to the door of Derry's room?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is Burnham feeling when he gets home?
2. What is the President in the process of doing to Burnham before he suddenly has a change of heart?
3. What logic does Louise use to explain selling her baby to Pym?
4. What is Sarah's opinion of Burnham's job?
5. Describe the meeting between Ivy Peniston and Luther Joslin.
6. What discovery enables the pasha of Banda to finance his sadistic regime?
7. What does Renfro not have a sense of humor about?
8. How does Burnham handle the situation after he finds out the truth about the pasha?
9. What decision does Pym make at he end of Chapter 6?
10. Which faction of the political spectrum is Derry leaning towards?
This section contains 748 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)