|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Burnham working on as the story opens?
(a) A college reference letter.
(b) An official letter of congratulations.
(c) A National Day of Prayer Proclamation.
(d) The President's Inaugural Speech.
2. Burnham believes he is allergic to what?
(c) Peanut butter.
(d) Ethyl alchohol.
3. According to this book, what is the unemployment rate for black males in Washington DC at the time?
(a) Fifteen percent.
(b) Fifty percent.
(c) Twenty two percent.
(d) Ten percent.
4. Where is Epstein's second POTUS. phone located?
(a) In his toilet.
(b) With his secretay.
(c) In his car.
(d) In his home.
5. Why does Burnham feel that no planes should fly over Georgetown?
(a) The property prices went down because of planes flying over.
(b) Georgetown looked like a slum from the air.
(c) He disliked the noise.
(d) He was worried about air pollution.
Short Answer Questions
1. According to this book, how many workers are on the White House staff?
2. How long has it been since Burnham had a drink?
3. Why does Pym choose Nebraska as a biographical core for his American identity?
4. What does Ivy bring Mr Pym?
5. How does Burnham describe the task he is working on as the story begins?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is Burnham feeling when he gets home?
2. What logic does Louise use to explain selling her baby to Pym?
3. What discovery enables the pasha of Banda to finance his sadistic regime?
4. Describe the meeting between Ivy Peniston and Luther Joslin.
5. What is Sarah's opinion of Burnham's job?
6. Who is Sonja?
7. What does Renfro not have a sense of humor about?
8. What decision does Pym make at he end of Chapter 6?
9. How much does Eva know about her father's espionage career?
10. Describe the difference between working in the West Wing of the White House and the East Office Building.
This section contains 686 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)