|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The toaster and the coffee maker in the kitchen are from which foreign countries?
(a) Thailand and Denmark.
(b) China and the Phillipines.
(c) Mexico and Canada.
(d) Japan and Germany.
2. What is Pinsky terrified of in Annapolis?
(a) Being uncovered as a spy.
(b) Soft shell crabs.
(c) Not having enough money.
3. What does Burnham want to do with the flame thrower?
(a) Learn how to make one himself.
(b) Torch Derry's room.
(c) Sell it to the Russians.
(d) Test his new status with the Pentagon.
4. What does Ivy bring Mr Pym?
(a) Phone numbers.
(b) The President's next speech.
(c) Photo copies of Burnham's calendar.
(d) Shredded papers, a pay envelope and a prescription.
5. What threat from his superiors in the Soviet Union prompts Pym to "prowl the perimeters of the White house" ?
(a) The threat of being exposed as a spy.
(b) The threat of losing his business.
(c) The threat of being sent home.
(d) The threat of losing Eva.
Short Answer Questions
1. How long has Mr. Pym served as a spy for the Soviets?
2. According to this book, how many workers are on the White House staff?
3. What is "the boom factor" ?
4. What kind of information will Burnham have access to with "Q" status?
5. Who does the fellow who claimed to have an appointment with the President, take his orders from?
Short Essay Questions
1. What sort of gift does Ivy plan to bring Mr. Pym?
2. Why is Ivy so driven to get Jerome his diploma?
3. What motivates Pym to seek out the Nazi group?
4. What does Christopher say about Burnham and Sarah?
5. Why is there more status in not wearing a White House pass?
6. How does Burnham handle the situation after he finds out the truth about the pasha?
7. What is Burnham feeling when he gets home?
8. Describe the meeting between Ivy Peniston and Luther Joslin.
9. What is Sarah's opinion of Burnham's job?
10. What decision does Pym make at he end of Chapter 6?
This section contains 694 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)