|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does Ivy Peniston get the idea that Jerome could cheat on his typing test?
(a) Jerome had mentioned it to her.
(b) The typing teacher was a close freind of hers.
(c) She read about it in the newspaper.
(d) From a boy on the steps of the school.
2. Who does Ivy think Eva was?
(a) Pym's wife.
(b) Pym's girlfreind.
(c) Pym's daughter.
(d) Pym's secretary.
3. What happens when Burnham drops his Pass?
(a) He rips his pants.
(b) The person behind him picks it up.
(c) An alarm goes off in the guard house.
(d) Seargant T laughs at him.
4. How does Ivy get a closer look at Burnham's calendar?
(a) She photocopied the calendar.
(b) She put on her reading glasses.
(c) She took the calendar out into the corridor.
(d) She knocked it off the desk.
5. Why is Ivy Peniston so upset about Jerome failing typing?
(a) She understands that typing is a very important subject.
(b) He will not graduate in time to get a job he has been offered.
(c) She believes her son is lazy.
(d) She thiks he may be dealing drugs.
Short Answer Questions
1. What are Burnham's parting words to Epstein as he is leaving the Mess?
2. Why does Pym choose Nebraska as a biographical core for his American identity?
3. Where is Epstein's second POTUS. phone located?
4. What does Pym promise to give Ivy before she leaves?
5. Who does the fellow who claimed to have an appointment with the President, take his orders from?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe the economic situation in the Soviet Union during the war.
2. What does Renfro not have a sense of humor about?
3. What is Sarah's opinion of Burnham's job?
4. How much does Eva know about her father's espionage career?
5. Describe the meeting between Ivy Peniston and Luther Joslin.
6. Why does Pym choose catering as a business?
7. How does Burnham handle the situation after he finds out the truth about the pasha?
8. Describe Ivy's understanding of Pym.
9. What is the President in the process of doing to Burnham before he suddenly has a change of heart?
10. What is Burnham's health like?
This section contains 753 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)