|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does Ivy Peniston get the idea that Jerome could cheat on his typing test?
(a) She read about it in the newspaper.
(b) From a boy on the steps of the school.
(c) The typing teacher was a close freind of hers.
(d) Jerome had mentioned it to her.
2. What does Pym promise to give Ivy before she leaves?
(a) More pills.
(c) A bottle of sherry.
(d) A phone number to call about getting a forged high school diploma.
3. What kind of information will Burnham have access to with "Q" status?
(a) Classified computer disks containing information from the CIA.
(b) Personel files.
(c) The President's agenda
(d) Atomic energy documents.
4. Why does Ivy Peniston believe Mr. Joslin should bend the rules for Jerome?
(a) She is offering Mr. Joslin money for the favor.
(b) She will go to the press with the story if he will not help her.
(c) She knows Mr. Joslin bends the rules all the time.
(d) Because he is the kind of person America should want to help.
5. How does Ivy know she has "struck the mother lode" when she enters the office?
(a) She sees a POTUS phone.
(b) She can tell by the room number.
(c) Signed photos of the President and Burnham are on the wall.
(d) She sees the shredder.
Short Answer Questions
1. What sort of whale oil is an effective lubricant for the trigger devices of a hydrogen bomb?
2. Burnham believes he is allergic to what?
3. When he meets him at the Mess, what does Cobb have to tell Burnham about?
4. Why does Burnham feel that no planes should fly over Georgetown?
5. What does Ivy bring Mr Pym?
Short Essay Questions
1. What decision does Pym make at he end of Chapter 6?
2. How much does Eva know about her father's espionage career?
3. Describe Ivy's understanding of Pym.
4. Describe the difference between working in the West Wing of the White House and the East Office Building.
5. What manner of relationship does Ivy have with Mr. Pym?
6. Why is Ivy so driven to get Jerome his diploma?
7. What logic does Louise use to explain selling her baby to Pym?
8. What motivates Pym to seek out the Nazi group?
9. What confuses Burnham about his "Q" status?
10. What is Burnham's health like?
This section contains 763 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)