|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What has Mr. Pym done for Ivy in the past?
(a) He had gotten Ivy a United States Passport.
(b) Given her and Jerome extra work from time to time.
(c) Taken care of a customs problem in Bermuda.
(d) Loaned Ivy his car.
2. What does the Majority Leader of the United States Senate say about the President's choice for the Vice President?
(a) "I admire this man immensely."
(b) "We need to select a female Vice President."
(c) "But he's a bigoted, bullheaded ignoramus."
(d) "This man is a war criminal."
3. What are Burnham's parting words to Epstein as he is leaving the Mess?
(a) "What about you? Do you work here?"
(b) "It is an honor to meet you"
(c) "Where did you get your suit?"
(d) "What time is our meeting this morning?"
4. What threat from his superiors in the Soviet Union prompts Pym to "prowl the perimeters of the White house" ?
(a) The threat of losing his business.
(b) The threat of being sent home.
(c) The threat of being exposed as a spy.
(d) The threat of losing Eva.
5. What does Burnham think about contact from the President?
(a) He really wants a POTUS phone.
(b) No news is good news.
(c) He looks forward to the assignments.
(d) He is anxious to be closer to the President.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Sergeant T have Burnham halt at the guard house?
2. The toaster and the coffee maker in the kitchen are from which foreign countries?
3. How does Sarah demonstrate that she is serious about one of them leaving?
4. Whose speech does Burnham hear while at college in 1960?
5. Burnham's son, Christopher, is reading the horoscope from which magazine?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is Burnham's health like?
2. What manner of relationship does Ivy have with Mr. Pym?
3. What discovery enables the pasha of Banda to finance his sadistic regime?
4. Why does Pym choose catering as a business?
5. Describe the meeting between Ivy Peniston and Luther Joslin.
6. What is Burnham feeling when he gets home?
7. How much does Eva know about her father's espionage career?
8. Why is there more status in not wearing a White House pass?
9. Why has Epstein turned down the job he was originally offered by the President who was then still a Senator?
10. What does Christopher say about Burnham and Sarah?
This section contains 786 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)