|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What threat from his superiors in the Soviet Union prompts Pym to "prowl the perimeters of the White house" ?
(a) The threat of being exposed as a spy.
(b) The threat of losing Eva.
(c) The threat of being sent home.
(d) The threat of losing his business.
2. Who can call on a POTUS phone?
(a) The President of The United States.
(b) The CIA.
(c) The Soviet Ambassador.
(d) The Washington DC police.
3. Why does Ivy Peniston argue that Jerome could graduate despite failing typing?
(a) She feels embarrassed to tell her neighbors that he is not graduating.
(b) He is going to cause trouble when he can't graduate with his class.
(c) He has good grades otherwise.
(d) She wants him out of the house as soon as possible.
4. How much money per paycheck is Burnham's pay raise worth?
(a) Twenty eight dollars and thirteen cents.
(b) Forty eight dollars and seventeen cents.
(c) One hundred dollars.
(d) Four hundred and fifty dollars.
5. Although he is actually a speech writer for the President of the U.S.A, who does Timothy Burnham "officially" work for?
(a) The American Broadcasting System.
(b) The Department of Energy.
(c) The Central Intelligence Agency.
(d) The Washington Post.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Pym get custody of Eva?
2. What makes Burnham decide to take the bus to work instead of a cab?
3. What does Pym promise to give Ivy before she leaves?
4. Burnham believes he is allergic to what?
5. Why does Mr. Joslin think that Jerome failed typing?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why is Ivy so driven to get Jerome his diploma?
2. What is Burnham feeling when he gets home?
3. Why is there more status in not wearing a White House pass?
4. What decision does Pym make at he end of Chapter 6?
5. How much does Eva know about her father's espionage career?
6. Describe Ivy's understanding of Pym.
7. What is Pym's intention in giving Ivy the Percodan?
8. What manner of relationship does Ivy have with Mr. Pym?
9. Describe the difference between working in the West Wing of the White House and the East Office Building.
10. What motivates Pym to seek out the Nazi group?
This section contains 767 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)