|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Although he is actually a speech writer for the President of the U.S.A, who does Timothy Burnham "officially" work for?
(a) The Washington Post.
(b) The American Broadcasting System.
(c) The Department of Energy.
(d) The Central Intelligence Agency.
2. Why will Mr. Joslin not bend the rules for Jerome?
(a) He believes it would be unfair.
(b) He is afraid he will be caught.
(c) He dosn't like Jerome.
(d) He enjoys being cruel to single mothers.
3. What threat from his superiors in the Soviet Union prompts Pym to "prowl the perimeters of the White house" ?
(a) The threat of losing his business.
(b) The threat of being exposed as a spy.
(c) The threat of losing Eva.
(d) The threat of being sent home.
4. Why does Mr. Joslin think that Jerome failed typing?
(a) He believes Jerome lacks discipline.
(b) He knows there are not enough typewriters available to students.
(c) He thinks boys just can't type.
(d) He believes typing is an extremely difficult class.
5. What is Fydor Michaelovitch Pinsky's prized commodity in the Soviet Union during the war?
(a) His inheritance.
(b) The cash he earned at the cafe.
(c) He raised ducks.
(d) Fluent English.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Mr. Pym say to Ivy that makes her think he could help her?
2. Why does Pym blush when Eva asks why he is interested in the prescription?
3. What has Mr. Pym done for Ivy in the past?
4. Burnham's son, Christopher, is reading the horoscope from which magazine?
5. How does Eva know so much about vitamins?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why is Ivy so driven to get Jerome his diploma?
2. Describe Ivy's understanding of Pym.
3. What logic does Louise use to explain selling her baby to Pym?
4. Describe the difference between working in the West Wing of the White House and the East Office Building.
5. What does Renfro not have a sense of humor about?
6. Describe the meeting between Ivy Peniston and Luther Joslin.
7. What sort of gift does Ivy plan to bring Mr. Pym?
8. Who is Sonja?
9. What confuses Burnham about his "Q" status?
10. Describe the economic situation in the Soviet Union during the war.
This section contains 748 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)