|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who can call on a POTUS phone?
(a) The Soviet Ambassador.
(b) The President of The United States.
(c) The CIA.
(d) The Washington DC police.
2. What do members of the White House staff think about being assigned to the E.O.B. ?
(a) It was to close to the Vice Presidental Offices.
(b) It had a great cafeteria.
(c) It was exile.
(d) It was a great promotion.
3. Why does Mr. Joslin think that Jerome failed typing?
(a) He believes Jerome lacks discipline.
(b) He believes typing is an extremely difficult class.
(c) He thinks boys just can't type.
(d) He knows there are not enough typewriters available to students.
4. Why does Ivy Peniston believe Mr. Joslin should bend the rules for Jerome?
(a) Because he is the kind of person America should want to help.
(b) She is offering Mr. Joslin money for the favor.
(c) She knows Mr. Joslin bends the rules all the time.
(d) She will go to the press with the story if he will not help her.
5. Burnham's son, Christopher, is reading the horoscope from which magazine?
(a) Sports Illustrated.
(c) The Lampoon.
(d) Rolling Stone.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does the fellow who claimed to have an appointment with the President, take his orders from?
2. Why was Eva in Jail?
3. Why does Ivy Peniston argue that Jerome could graduate despite failing typing?
4. What does the high school building remind Ivy Peniston of?
5. What does the Majority Leader of the United States Senate say about the President's choice for the Vice President?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Renfro not have a sense of humor about?
2. What is Burnham feeling when he gets home?
3. How has Hal been an ally to Burnham throughout the story?
4. What is the President in the process of doing to Burnham before he suddenly has a change of heart?
5. What does Burnham subtly reveal to the President in his letter?
6. Describe Timothy Burnham's job.
7. Describe the meeting between Ivy Peniston and Luther Joslin.
8. Who is Teal referring to when he speaks of B-12?
9. Describe Burnham's opinion on the Invasion of the Honduras.
10. What is the topic of the meeting that Burnham attends with the President?
This section contains 851 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)