Mid-Book Test - Medium
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. After he confronts Epstein in the Mess, why does Burnham feel terrific?
(a) He had become an actor instead of a reactor.
(b) He felt well taken care of by Cobb.
(c) He was honored to be writing the speech for the President.
(d) He was starting to feel better about his personal problems.
2. Why does Ivy Peniston argue that Jerome could graduate despite failing typing?
(a) He is going to cause trouble when he can't graduate with his class.
(b) She wants him out of the house as soon as possible.
(c) He has good grades otherwise.
(d) She feels embarrassed to tell her neighbors that he is not graduating.
3. Why is Ivy Peniston so upset about Jerome failing typing?
(a) He will not graduate in time to get a job he has been offered.
(b) She understands that typing is a very important subject.
(c) She thiks he may be dealing drugs.
(d) She believes her son is lazy.
4. What does Ivy bring Mr Pym?
(a) Phone numbers.
(b) Photo copies of Burnham's calendar.
(c) The President's next speech.
(d) Shredded papers, a pay envelope and a prescription.
5. How long has Mr. Pym served as a spy for the Soviets?
(a) Almost twenty five years.
(b) Almost forty years.
(c) Almost fifty years.
(d) Almost ten years.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Burnham feel that no planes should fly over Georgetown?
2. Why was Eva in Jail?
3. What is "the boom factor" ?
4. What does Pym promise to give Ivy before she leaves?
5. What does Burnham think about contact from the President?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Eva say that the President might have really loved Burnham?
2. What does Burnham subtly reveal to the President in his letter?
3. Why is Ivy so driven to get Jerome his diploma?
4. What sort of gift does Ivy plan to bring Mr. Pym?
5. How does Eva use her knowledge of Burnham's health issues to her advantage?
6. What does Eva learn about herself after Louise's arrest with Mengele?
7. What occurs in Chapter 8 that lets us know that Burnham is definitely "in" with the President?
8. What decision does Pym make at he end of Chapter 6?
9. Who is Sonja?
10. Why has Epstein turned down the job he was originally offered by the President who was then still a Senator?
This section contains 821 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)