|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why is Mr. Pym interested in Ivy?
(a) She works in the White House complex.
(b) She is a good cook.
(c) She seems like she needs help and he likes to help people.
(d) He would like to date her.
2. In Chapter 7, what is Sarah most upset about?
(a) That Burnham ridiculed Sonja.
(b) That Burnham had no principles.
(c) Finding the "bug" in the car.
(d) That they argued in front of the children.
3. Burnham's son, Christopher, is reading the horoscope from which magazine?
(b) Rolling Stone.
(c) Sports Illustrated.
(d) The Lampoon.
4. Why does Mr. Joslin think Ivy Peniston would want to go back to Bermuda?
(a) So she could find a new husband.
(b) The climate and the flowers.
(c) Because Jerome failed typing.
(d) He believes all immigrants should return to their land of origin.
5. Why does Mr. Joslin think that Jerome failed typing?
(a) He thinks boys just can't type.
(b) He believes Jerome lacks discipline.
(c) He knows there are not enough typewriters available to students.
(d) He believes typing is an extremely difficult class.
Short Answer Questions
1. How much does Pym pay Louise to divorce him?
2. Who are the two people Ivy sees in the corridor?
3. How does Sarah demonstrate that she is serious about one of them leaving?
4. What does Burnham find out about the pasha of Banda?
5. Why does Ivy Peniston argue that Jerome could graduate despite failing typing?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is Burnham's health like?
2. What decision does Pym make at he end of Chapter 6?
3. What does Renfro not have a sense of humor about?
4. What logic does Louise use to explain selling her baby to Pym?
5. Why is there more status in not wearing a White House pass?
6. What manner of relationship does Ivy have with Mr. Pym?
7. What is Pym's intention in giving Ivy the Percodan?
8. Describe the difference between working in the West Wing of the White House and the East Office Building.
9. Describe the meeting between Ivy Peniston and Luther Joslin.
10. Describe the economic situation in the Soviet Union during the war.
This section contains 749 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)