|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Ivy think her leg had stopped hurting?
(a) She had purchased some better shoes.
(b) She wasn't working anymore now that Jerome was home.
(c) The leg was reacting to tranquility.
(d) The pills worked well.
2. Where are the document leaks that the President refers to?
(a) From the secretary pool.
(b) In the standard routing procedures.
(c) From the Oval Office.
(d) Within the DOE.
3. As he gazes out the window, what is the President about to ask of Burnham?
(a) To get back together with his wife.
(b) To give his opinion on the invasion of the Honduras.
(c) To move his office into Epstein's office.
(d) To tell the truth about Eva.
4. What is the name of the bar Teal wanted to meet in?
(a) The Frogman's Lunch.
(b) The President's Place.
(c) The Devil's Disciple.
(d) The Washington Heights.
5. What Japanese film does Burnham refer to when speaking with Toddy?
6. What does Dr. Johnson say about Patriotism?
(a) Its the best way for a country to survive.
(b) Its the last refuge of a scoundrel.
(c) Its the nobel life of the people.
(d) Its the source of all comfort.
7. Who does Teal name that Pym actually had information on?
(a) Benjamin T. Wislow.
(c) The pasha of Banda.
8. What are Hal, Eva and Burnham waiting for while they are eating Chinese food?
(a) The Soviet Embassy to grant them asylum.
(b) The FBI to find them.
(c) Pym to contact them.
(d) The Presidential news conference.
9. How does Dyanna find out that Sarah had kicked Burnham out?
(a) Sarah had stopped by the office with his things.
(b) Hal from the "Y" told her Burnham had been staying there.
(c) She overheard his phone conversation.
(d) Burnham told her over lunch.
10. What music piece inspires Burnham's idea about what to do?
(a) Mozart's" Requiem. "
(b) Michael Jackson's "Thriller."
(c) Ravel's "Bolero".
(d) Bruce Springstien's " Born to Run."
11. Why does Pym think that Ivy was on the news?
(a) He thinks she is exposing him.
(b) He thinks Ivy had witnessed another crime.
(c) He thinks that she has been caught stealing information.
(d) He thinks that Jerome's forged diploma had been discovered.
12. What animal does Burnham compare Dyanna to?
(a) A horse.
(b) A monkey.
(c) A lioness.
(d) A Minx.
13. What does Pym imagine Teal was arranging for him?
(a) To get a substantial cash payment.
(b) To be hit by a Taxi.
(c) To meet another contact.
(d) To get a one way ticket to Russia.
14. Who does Burnham call from Dyanna's desk?
(b) The President
15. How does Burnham know Toddy Thatcher?
(a) He went to college with him.
(b) He plays squash with him.
(c) He is Sarah's cousin.
(d) He doesn't say.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Eva notice about Burnham?
2. What gift has the President offered Burnham?
3. What does Eva say about Burnham being in love with her?
4. Who was Josef Mengele?
5. After the President finishes his statement on the Honduras, what makes Burnham feel so proud?
This section contains 587 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)