|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Burnham get Toddy to speak with him?
(a) By quoting the plaque on the powder room door.
(b) By pretending to be Fidel Castro.
(c) By threatening to call in the Navy Seals.
(d) By letting Toddy know he disliked the President, too.
2. After Burnham comes up with his plan about blackmailing him, who briefs Mario Epstein?
(c) The President.
3. What Japanese film does Burnham refer to when speaking with Toddy?
4. What does Burnham compare kissing Dyanna to?
(a) "Like kissing a Barbie doll."
(b) "To kiss her would be like a Beckett play to a college student."
(c) "Like a knight kissing his Queen".
(d) "As if a magazine model sprang to life and he kissed her".
5. After the President finishes his statement on the Honduras, what makes Burnham feel so proud?
(a) He has received a large cash payment for his work.
(b) His children and wife has issued statements of support for him.
(c) Eva has decided to marry him.
(d) The President has said exactly what Burnham had urged him to.
6. What name is Ivy using in reference to Dyanna?
(a) Debbie Reynolds.
(b) Sour Puss.
(d) Miss Priss.
7. Once he gets started, what does the President open the news conference with?
(a) A short statement about the Honduras.
(b) A warm hello to all the troops in Central America.
(c) A warning to the Soviet Union.
(d) An apology to the American People.
8. What is the last item on the table from the envelope Teal had sent to Pym?
(a) A pair of reading glasses.
(b) One hundred hundred dollar bills.
(c) A fountain pen that shot needles.
9. How does Pym get in to the crowded bar?
(a) He bribed the bouncer.
(b) He pretended to be a police officer.
(c) He went in the back door.
(d) He waited until the crowd thinned out.
10. Where does Eva and Burnham run to?
(a) The train station
(b) The airport.
(c) The Y.
(d) Eva's apartment.
11. What is the name of the bar Teal wanted to meet in?
(a) The Devil's Disciple.
(b) The Washington Heights.
(c) The President's Place.
(d) The Frogman's Lunch.
12. Who answers the phone when Burnham called the President?
(a) The night guard.
(c) The President.
(d) The Presidents wife.
13. At the news conference, where does the President say that you have to keep a secret?
(a) In your head.
(b) Between you and God.
(c) At the bottom of your sock drawer.
(d) With your mother.
14. Who was Josef Mengele?
(a) The pasha of Banda's right hand man.
(b) Pyms direct contact after Teal.
(c) The Angel of Death from Auschwitz.
(d) President of the Honduras
15. What is Burnham's last piece of advice to Toddy?
(a) "From now on, only take paying customers."
(b) "Keep in touch with your family."
(c) "Find a better mechanic."
(d) "Sell the boat and be a decorator."
Short Answer Questions
1. Does the President say what happens to Burnham?
2. How does Dyanna find out that Sarah had kicked Burnham out?
3. In his statement that he starts the news conference with, what earlier event does the President refer to?
4. What does Dyanna learn from Connie and Dolores?
5. What are Hal, Eva and Burnham waiting for while they are eating Chinese food?
This section contains 614 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)