|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the "Burnham Memo" that Burnham finds in Epsteins office say?
(a) To escort Burnham directly to the President.
(b) To ask Burnham to please leave the area.
(c) To shoot Burnham on sight.
(d) To apprehend Burnham.
2. Who calls twice while Burnham and the President are talking?
(c) Mario Epstein.
3. What does Dr. Johnson say about Patriotism?
(a) Its the last refuge of a scoundrel.
(b) Its the nobel life of the people.
(c) Its the source of all comfort.
(d) Its the best way for a country to survive.
4. How does Burnham know Toddy Thatcher?
(a) He is Sarah's cousin.
(b) He doesn't say.
(c) He went to college with him.
(d) He plays squash with him.
5. Who answers the phone when Burnham called the President?
(b) The President.
(c) The Presidents wife.
(d) The night guard.
6. What does Dyanna learn from Connie and Dolores?
(a) That the President was having an affair.
(b) That Pym was under investigation by the FBI.
(c) That Thursday was the best day to go out for lunch.
(d) That Epstein planted the bug in Sarah's car.
7. When asked by a member of the press about the spy scandal, what does the President say?
(a) That Burnham will be caught and brought to justice.
(b) That he knew all along that Burnham was a spy.
(c) That he was shocked at Burnham's betrayal.
(d) That the Soviet Union was way out of line.
8. Why does Ivy think her leg had stopped hurting?
(a) The leg was reacting to tranquility.
(b) She had purchased some better shoes.
(c) The pills worked well.
(d) She wasn't working anymore now that Jerome was home.
9. How does Burnham compare being with Eva to being with Sarah?
(a) Sarah had more patience.
(b) It was relaxing.
(c) Eva was more beautiful.
(d) Eva was more athletic.
10. Who does Burnham call from Dyanna's desk?
(c) The President
11. What does Burnham take from the locked closet in Epstein's office?
(a) A typewriter.
(c) A Gucci bag.
(d) Office supplies.
12. As he gazes out the window, what is the President about to ask of Burnham?
(a) To get back together with his wife.
(b) To give his opinion on the invasion of the Honduras.
(c) To move his office into Epstein's office.
(d) To tell the truth about Eva.
13. Once he gets started, what does the President open the news conference with?
(a) A warning to the Soviet Union.
(b) A short statement about the Honduras.
(c) A warm hello to all the troops in Central America.
(d) An apology to the American People.
14. What Japanese film does Burnham refer to when speaking with Toddy?
15. What animal does Burnham compare Dyanna to?
(a) A Minx.
(b) A horse.
(c) A monkey.
(d) A lioness.
Short Answer Questions
1. What lie did Lyndon Johnson tell about his grandfather?
2. What is Burnham's opinion of what to do about the Honduras?
3. What does the President ask Burnham at the Cabinet meeting?
4. At the news conference, what does the President say Americans have of our own?
5. What does the word "Adit" mean?
This section contains 581 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)