|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where is Epstein's second POTUS. phone located?
(a) With his secretay.
(b) In his car.
(c) In his home.
(d) In his toilet.
2. Why does Pym choose Nebraska as a biographical core for his American identity?
(a) His superiors had instructed him to use Nebraska for this purpose.
(b) The Nebraska accent.
(c) Nebraska reminded him of his homeland.
(d) He wasn't familiar with any other states.
3. What does Ivy think that Mr. Pym wants?
(a) He wants to help her and Jerome.
(b) He wants classified information from a person with "Q" status.
(c) He wants memorabilia from the White House.
(d) He wants "dirt "on people in order to help his business grow.
4. Why dos Eva record the taxi's license number?
(a) She was exercising her memory.
(b) She wanted to impress her father.
(c) She thought the driver might rob Ivy.
(d) She liked the driver.
5. What city does Pinsky jump ship in?
(a) Halifax, Nova Scotia.
(b) Washington, DC
(c) Boston, MA.
(d) New York, New York.
6. Why does Pym blush when Eva asks why he is interested in the prescription?
(a) He has just spilled sherry while filling up Eva's glass.
(b) He is embarrased to have Ivy in the house.
(c) He has had to much sherry.
(d) He is lying to Eva.
7. In Chapter 7, what is Sarah most upset about?
(a) That Burnham had no principles.
(b) That they argued in front of the children.
(c) Finding the "bug" in the car.
(d) That Burnham ridiculed Sonja.
8. What is stapled to the door of Derry's room?
(a) A poster of Arthur Scargill.
(b) A poster of Carl Marx.
(c) A poster of Che Guevera.
(d) A poster of Lenin.
9. What does Burnham say to Sarah about his reason for writing for the President?
(a) That he does it for the money.
(b) That he agrees with the President.
(c) He does it for the power.
(d) He couldn't get another job.
10. How does the President feel about Epstein?
(a) He relied on his connections to the CIA.
(b) He respected his politcal savvy.
(c) He needed the votes he could bring in from Louisiana.
(d) He didn't like him but he needed him.
11. What sort of whale oil is an effective lubricant for the trigger devices of a hydrogen bomb?
(a) Sperm whale oil.
(b) Killer whale oil.
(c) Orcha whale oil.
(d) Blue whale oil.
12. What had Light Colonel Clip Dixon done to get demoted?
(a) He had almost crashed Air Force One.
(b) He had shown up for work drunk.
(c) His flights were consistantly behind schedule.
(d) He had repeated something the President had said to him in private.
13. The toaster and the coffee maker in the kitchen are from which foreign countries?
(a) China and the Phillipines.
(b) Japan and Germany.
(c) Thailand and Denmark.
(d) Mexico and Canada.
14. What has Mr. Pym done for Ivy in the past?
(a) Taken care of a customs problem in Bermuda.
(b) Loaned Ivy his car.
(c) He had gotten Ivy a United States Passport.
(d) Given her and Jerome extra work from time to time.
15. What is Burnham working on as the story opens?
(a) A college reference letter.
(b) An official letter of congratulations.
(c) A National Day of Prayer Proclamation.
(d) The President's Inaugural Speech.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why will Mr. Joslin not bend the rules for Jerome?
2. How does Burnham describe the task he is working on as the story begins?
3. According to this book, how many workers are on the White House staff?
4. Who does Burnham praise in the speech he wrote for the President?
5. What sort of meeting does Pym meet Louise at?
This section contains 648 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)