|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What has Mr. Pym said he was a collector of that Ivy could get for him in return for his help?
(b) "People Trivia"
(c) Signed baseballs.
(d) Old Stamps.
2. What does the high school building remind Ivy Peniston of?
(a) Her own school building back in Bermuda.
(b) The hospital where she gave birth to Jerome.
(c) The buildings on a Navy base.
(d) An asylum for the criminally insane.
3. How does Ivy know she has "struck the mother lode" when she enters the office?
(a) She sees the shredder.
(b) She can tell by the room number.
(c) She sees a POTUS phone.
(d) Signed photos of the President and Burnham are on the wall.
4. Why does Ivy Peniston argue that Jerome could graduate despite failing typing?
(a) He is going to cause trouble when he can't graduate with his class.
(b) She wants him out of the house as soon as possible.
(c) He has good grades otherwise.
(d) She feels embarrassed to tell her neighbors that he is not graduating.
5. What had Light Colonel Clip Dixon done to get demoted?
(a) He had repeated something the President had said to him in private.
(b) He had almost crashed Air Force One.
(c) He had shown up for work drunk.
(d) His flights were consistantly behind schedule.
6. Who can call on a POTUS phone?
(a) The Washington DC police.
(b) The CIA.
(c) The President of The United States.
(d) The Soviet Ambassador.
7. How does Sarah demonstrate that she is serious about one of them leaving?
(a) She dressed in a tweed suit.
(b) She packed one suitcase for him and one suitcase for her.
(c) She insists he resign from his job.
(d) She offers to leave if he can take care of the children.
8. Where does Ivy Peniston get the idea that Jerome could cheat on his typing test?
(a) From a boy on the steps of the school.
(b) The typing teacher was a close freind of hers.
(c) Jerome had mentioned it to her.
(d) She read about it in the newspaper.
9. Who does the fellow who claimed to have an appointment with the President, take his orders from?
(a) Mr. Pym.
(b) His toaster.
(c) The Soviet Union.
(d) The CIA.
10. What is "Q" Clearance?
(a) Clearance to be able to ask the President any question about policy.
(b) Access to the President and his staff any time, day or night.
(c) Permission to write and read important "for your eyes only" memos.
(d) A very high secret clearance authorization.
11. Who does Ivy think Eva was?
(a) Pym's girlfreind.
(b) Pym's secretary.
(c) Pym's wife.
(d) Pym's daughter.
12. How much does Pym pay Louise to divorce him?
13. Why was Eva in Jail?
(a) For plotting to blow up the Glen Canyon Dam.
(b) For being the daughter of a Nazi.
(c) For being the daugher of a Soviet spy.
(d) For not paying her taxes.
14. How does the President feel about Epstein?
(a) He relied on his connections to the CIA.
(b) He didn't like him but he needed him.
(c) He respected his politcal savvy.
(d) He needed the votes he could bring in from Louisiana.
15. How much longer is the President for whom Burnham writes speeches going to be in power?
(a) Over a year.
(b) Six months.
(c) Less than a month.
(d) Four years.
Short Answer Questions
1. Burnham's son, Christopher, is reading the horoscope from which magazine?
2. What is Fydor Michaelovitch Pinsky's prized commodity in the Soviet Union during the war?
3. Why is Ivy Peniston so upset about Jerome failing typing?
4. Why is Burnham getting "Q" Clearance?
5. Why is Pym giving Ivy the Percodan?
This section contains 685 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)