|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is "the boom factor" ?
(a) A term only people with "Q" status would understand.
(b) The amount of noise an atom bomb makes when it explodes.
(c) The cost of materials for an atom bomb.
(d) Something Burnham made up.
2. How many of the President's writers work for the White House?
(a) Only the staff reporting writers worked for the White House.
(b) None, technically.
(c) Only the Chief Writer.
(d) Only the top five staff writers.
3. How much longer is the President for whom Burnham writes speeches going to be in power?
(a) Four years.
(b) Over a year.
(c) Six months.
(d) Less than a month.
4. How does the President feel about Epstein?
(a) He relied on his connections to the CIA.
(b) He didn't like him but he needed him.
(c) He needed the votes he could bring in from Louisiana.
(d) He respected his politcal savvy.
5. How much does Pym pay Louise to divorce him?
6. What do members of the White House staff think about being assigned to the E.O.B. ?
(a) It was exile.
(b) It had a great cafeteria.
(c) It was a great promotion.
(d) It was to close to the Vice Presidental Offices.
7. How does Ivy get a closer look at Burnham's calendar?
(a) She put on her reading glasses.
(b) She took the calendar out into the corridor.
(c) She photocopied the calendar.
(d) She knocked it off the desk.
8. Why does Pym choose Nebraska as a biographical core for his American identity?
(a) He wasn't familiar with any other states.
(b) His superiors had instructed him to use Nebraska for this purpose.
(c) Nebraska reminded him of his homeland.
(d) The Nebraska accent.
9. Who's personal chef has Dickinson been?
(a) Joseph Stalin's.
(b) Heinrich Himmler's.
(c) Adolf Hitler's.
(d) Franklin Roosevelt's.
10. How long has Mr. Pym served as a spy for the Soviets?
(a) Almost twenty five years.
(b) Almost fifty years.
(c) Almost forty years.
(d) Almost ten years.
11. Why does Pym blush when Eva asks why he is interested in the prescription?
(a) He has had to much sherry.
(b) He is lying to Eva.
(c) He has just spilled sherry while filling up Eva's glass.
(d) He is embarrased to have Ivy in the house.
12. What city does Pinsky jump ship in?
(a) Halifax, Nova Scotia.
(b) New York, New York.
(c) Washington, DC
(d) Boston, MA.
13. What is removed from the basement of the West wing in order to make space for Warner Cobb's office?
(a) A wall seperating the hallway from a closet.
(b) A waiting room.
(c) A secretary's office.
(d) Two stalls from the ladies room.
14. According to this book, how many workers are on the White House staff?
15. Why was Eva in Jail?
(a) For plotting to blow up the Glen Canyon Dam.
(b) For not paying her taxes.
(c) For being the daugher of a Soviet spy.
(d) For being the daughter of a Nazi.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Burnham feel that no planes should fly over Georgetown?
2. Why is Pym giving Ivy the Percodan?
3. Why is Ivy Peniston so upset about Jerome failing typing?
4. What is Fydor Michaelovitch Pinsky's prized commodity in the Soviet Union during the war?
5. How does Eva know so much about vitamins?
This section contains 617 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)