|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. According to this book, how many workers are on the White House staff?
2. Whose speech does Burnham hear while at college in 1960?
(a) Mao Tse-tung.
(b) McGeorge Bundy.
(c) Fidel Castro.
(d) Che Guevera.
3. How long has Mr. Pym served as a spy for the Soviets?
(a) Almost fifty years.
(b) Almost ten years.
(c) Almost forty years.
(d) Almost twenty five years.
4. Who can call on a POTUS phone?
(a) The Washington DC police.
(b) The CIA.
(c) The Soviet Ambassador.
(d) The President of The United States.
5. What threat from his superiors in the Soviet Union prompts Pym to "prowl the perimeters of the White house" ?
(a) The threat of losing his business.
(b) The threat of being sent home.
(c) The threat of being exposed as a spy.
(d) The threat of losing Eva.
6. How much money per paycheck is Burnham's pay raise worth?
(a) Twenty eight dollars and thirteen cents.
(b) Forty eight dollars and seventeen cents.
(c) Four hundred and fifty dollars.
(d) One hundred dollars.
7. What does Burnham say to Sarah about his reason for writing for the President?
(a) He couldn't get another job.
(b) He does it for the power.
(c) That he agrees with the President.
(d) That he does it for the money.
8. What kind of information will Burnham have access to with "Q" status?
(a) The President's agenda
(b) Classified computer disks containing information from the CIA.
(c) Atomic energy documents.
(d) Personel files.
9. How does Burnham describe the task he is working on as the story begins?
(a) It is a struggle between Church and State.
(b) It is going to be a masterpiece when he is finished.
(c) It is an easy task that he hopes to finish quickly.
(d) It is a waste of his time and talent.
10. Why does Pym want to go for a walk with Eva?
(a) He wanted to buy some cigarettes.
(b) To tell her he was a Soviet spy.
(c) For the exercise.
(d) To make sure Ivy's cab went the right direction.
11. Who are the two people Ivy sees in the corridor?
(a) Burnham and Dyanna.
(b) Epstein and Witt.
(c) Cobbs and Seargant T.
(d) Renfro and Burnham.
12. Burnham believes he is allergic to what?
(a) Ethyl alchohol.
(b) Peanut butter.
13. Why is Pym giving Ivy the Percodan?
(a) To relieve her pain.
(b) She can sell them for extra cash.
(c) His insurance covers pain killers.
(d) To get her hooked.
14. What does Pym promise to give Ivy before she leaves?
(a) More pills.
(b) A phone number to call about getting a forged high school diploma.
(c) A bottle of sherry.
15. Why is Ivy Peniston so upset about Jerome failing typing?
(a) She thiks he may be dealing drugs.
(b) She understands that typing is a very important subject.
(c) She believes her son is lazy.
(d) He will not graduate in time to get a job he has been offered.
Short Answer Questions
1. The toaster and the coffee maker in the kitchen are from which foreign countries?
2. How long has Burnham been married to Sarah?
3. Why does Burnham feel that no planes should fly over Georgetown?
4. What happens when Burnham drops his Pass?
5. What is stapled to the door of Derry's room?
This section contains 587 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)