|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who's personal chef has Dickinson been?
(a) Heinrich Himmler's.
(b) Adolf Hitler's.
(c) Joseph Stalin's.
(d) Franklin Roosevelt's.
2. According to this book, how many workers are on the White House staff?
3. What threat from his superiors in the Soviet Union prompts Pym to "prowl the perimeters of the White house" ?
(a) The threat of being sent home.
(b) The threat of being exposed as a spy.
(c) The threat of losing Eva.
(d) The threat of losing his business.
4. How many of the President's writers work for the White House?
(a) None, technically.
(b) Only the Chief Writer.
(c) Only the top five staff writers.
(d) Only the staff reporting writers worked for the White House.
5. What kind of information will Burnham have access to with "Q" status?
(a) Personel files.
(b) The President's agenda
(c) Classified computer disks containing information from the CIA.
(d) Atomic energy documents.
6. Why is Ivy Peniston so upset about Jerome failing typing?
(a) He will not graduate in time to get a job he has been offered.
(b) She understands that typing is a very important subject.
(c) She believes her son is lazy.
(d) She thiks he may be dealing drugs.
7. Whose speech does Burnham hear while at college in 1960?
(a) McGeorge Bundy.
(b) Mao Tse-tung.
(c) Fidel Castro.
(d) Che Guevera.
8. Who does Sarah work for?
(a) Warren Beatty.
(b) Ted Kennedy.
(c) Department of Justice.
(d) Dick Cavett.
9. Who does Burnham praise in the speech he wrote for the President?
(a) Banda's recent peacefuland democratic elections.
(b) The pasha of Banda.
(c) The people of Banda.
(d) The President's policies in Banda.
10. How long has Mr. Pym served as a spy for the Soviets?
(a) Almost ten years.
(b) Almost twenty five years.
(c) Almost forty years.
(d) Almost fifty years.
11. What happens when Burnham drops his Pass?
(a) Seargant T laughs at him.
(b) The person behind him picks it up.
(c) An alarm goes off in the guard house.
(d) He rips his pants.
12. How much money per paycheck is Burnham's pay raise worth?
(a) Four hundred and fifty dollars.
(b) Forty eight dollars and seventeen cents.
(c) One hundred dollars.
(d) Twenty eight dollars and thirteen cents.
13. What does the high school building remind Ivy Peniston of?
(a) Her own school building back in Bermuda.
(b) An asylum for the criminally insane.
(c) The hospital where she gave birth to Jerome.
(d) The buildings on a Navy base.
14. Where does Ivy Peniston get the idea that Jerome could cheat on his typing test?
(a) The typing teacher was a close freind of hers.
(b) She read about it in the newspaper.
(c) From a boy on the steps of the school.
(d) Jerome had mentioned it to her.
15. How much longer is the President for whom Burnham writes speeches going to be in power?
(a) Six months.
(b) Four years.
(c) Over a year.
(d) Less than a month.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who are the two people Ivy sees in the corridor?
2. What had Light Colonel Clip Dixon done to get demoted?
3. What does Burnham want Mr. Renfro to explain?
4. How long has Burnham been married to Sarah?
5. Why does Mr. Joslin think that Jerome failed typing?
This section contains 592 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)