|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Whose speech does Burnham hear while at college in 1960?
(a) Mao Tse-tung.
(b) Che Guevera.
(c) McGeorge Bundy.
(d) Fidel Castro.
2. What does Burnham want Mr. Renfro to explain?
(a) When he can move into his new office.
(b) When his next raise is.
(c) The make up of a neutron bomb.
(d) Who he can talk to concerning atomic energy documents.
3. Why was Eva in Jail?
(a) For being the daughter of a Nazi.
(b) For not paying her taxes.
(c) For plotting to blow up the Glen Canyon Dam.
(d) For being the daugher of a Soviet spy.
4. What does Ivy bring Mr Pym?
(a) Photo copies of Burnham's calendar.
(b) Shredded papers, a pay envelope and a prescription.
(c) The President's next speech.
(d) Phone numbers.
5. What does the high school building remind Ivy Peniston of?
(a) The hospital where she gave birth to Jerome.
(b) An asylum for the criminally insane.
(c) The buildings on a Navy base.
(d) Her own school building back in Bermuda.
6. What is "Q" Clearance?
(a) Access to the President and his staff any time, day or night.
(b) Permission to write and read important "for your eyes only" memos.
(c) A very high secret clearance authorization.
(d) Clearance to be able to ask the President any question about policy.
7. How long has it been since Burnham had a drink?
(a) Two years.
(b) One year.
(c) Six months.
(d) One month.
8. What does Ivy think that Mr. Pym wants?
(a) He wants memorabilia from the White House.
(b) He wants to help her and Jerome.
(c) He wants classified information from a person with "Q" status.
(d) He wants "dirt "on people in order to help his business grow.
9. How long has Burnham been married to Sarah?
(a) Twenty years.
(b) Eighteen years.
(c) Twenty five years.
(d) Fifteen years.
10. What happens when Burnham drops his Pass?
(a) He rips his pants.
(b) The person behind him picks it up.
(c) An alarm goes off in the guard house.
(d) Seargant T laughs at him.
11. How much does Pym pay Louise to divorce him?
12. Who does Sarah work for?
(a) Dick Cavett.
(b) Warren Beatty.
(c) Ted Kennedy.
(d) Department of Justice.
13. Where is Epstein's second POTUS. phone located?
(a) In his car.
(b) With his secretay.
(c) In his toilet.
(d) In his home.
14. What is Pinsky terrified of in Annapolis?
(a) Soft shell crabs.
(c) Being uncovered as a spy.
(d) Not having enough money.
15. Burnham's wife, Sarah, says that Derry's pubescent radicalism was due to what?
(a) Burnham's decision to work for the President.
(b) Her disdain of rock stars.
(c) A healthy superego.
(d) Sarah's lack of time to spend with Derry.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Ivy Peniston get the idea that Jerome could cheat on his typing test?
2. How does Burnham describe the task he is working on as the story begins?
3. How does Ivy get a closer look at Burnham's calendar?
4. When he meets him at the Mess, what does Cobb have to tell Burnham about?
5. Burnham's son, Christopher, is reading the horoscope from which magazine?
This section contains 611 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)