|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Sarah demonstrate that she is serious about one of them leaving?
(a) She offers to leave if he can take care of the children.
(b) She packed one suitcase for him and one suitcase for her.
(c) She dressed in a tweed suit.
(d) She insists he resign from his job.
2. What threat from his superiors in the Soviet Union prompts Pym to "prowl the perimeters of the White house" ?
(a) The threat of losing his business.
(b) The threat of losing Eva.
(c) The threat of being sent home.
(d) The threat of being exposed as a spy.
3. Why does Pym want to go for a walk with Eva?
(a) To tell her he was a Soviet spy.
(b) He wanted to buy some cigarettes.
(c) For the exercise.
(d) To make sure Ivy's cab went the right direction.
4. What is stapled to the door of Derry's room?
(a) A poster of Carl Marx.
(b) A poster of Lenin.
(c) A poster of Arthur Scargill.
(d) A poster of Che Guevera.
5. What does Burnham find out about the pasha of Banda?
(a) That he was a murderous dictator.
(b) That he owed millions of dollars to the World Bank.
(c) That he couldn't speak English.
(d) That he was gravely ill.
6. How does Pym get custody of Eva?
(a) He wins custody in divorce court.
(b) Louise is sent to jail because she is a Nazi.
(c) Louises father insisits that he take Eva.
(d) He buys her.
7. Who does Ivy think Eva was?
(a) Pym's secretary.
(b) Pym's wife.
(c) Pym's daughter.
(d) Pym's girlfreind.
8. How many of the President's writers work for the White House?
(a) Only the top five staff writers.
(b) None, technically.
(c) Only the Chief Writer.
(d) Only the staff reporting writers worked for the White House.
9. Burnham believes he is allergic to what?
(c) Peanut butter.
(d) Ethyl alchohol.
10. How long has it been since Burnham had a drink?
(a) Two years.
(b) One month.
(c) One year.
(d) Six months.
11. What makes Burnham decide to take the bus to work instead of a cab?
(a) The light changed.
(b) The couple asleep in the car had frightened him.
(c) He was running too late to walk.
(d) He enjoyed the people he met on the bus.
12. What is Mr Renfro's last comment to Burnham?
(a) "I'm afraid, Mr Burnham, that you have no choice but to....grow up."
(b) "I do hope you learn to take it seriously."
(c) "You could appeal to the President to have you transferred."
(d) "Its only fair to tell you, you worry me."
13. According to this book, how many workers are on the White House staff?
14. How does the President feel about Epstein?
(a) He respected his politcal savvy.
(b) He didn't like him but he needed him.
(c) He relied on his connections to the CIA.
(d) He needed the votes he could bring in from Louisiana.
15. What happens when Burnham drops his Pass?
(a) An alarm goes off in the guard house.
(b) He rips his pants.
(c) Seargant T laughs at him.
(d) The person behind him picks it up.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Pym promise to give Ivy before she leaves?
2. How long has Burnham been married to Sarah?
3. What kind of information will Burnham have access to with "Q" status?
4. How much does Pym pay Louise to divorce him?
5. When he meets him at the Mess, what does Cobb have to tell Burnham about?
This section contains 620 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)