|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What do members of the White House staff think about being assigned to the E.O.B. ?
(a) It was a great promotion.
(b) It had a great cafeteria.
(c) It was to close to the Vice Presidental Offices.
(d) It was exile.
2. How does the President feel about Epstein?
(a) He relied on his connections to the CIA.
(b) He needed the votes he could bring in from Louisiana.
(c) He didn't like him but he needed him.
(d) He respected his politcal savvy.
3. What is stapled to the door of Derry's room?
(a) A poster of Carl Marx.
(b) A poster of Lenin.
(c) A poster of Arthur Scargill.
(d) A poster of Che Guevera.
4. What does the Majority Leader of the United States Senate say about the President's choice for the Vice President?
(a) "We need to select a female Vice President."
(b) "This man is a war criminal."
(c) "But he's a bigoted, bullheaded ignoramus."
(d) "I admire this man immensely."
5. How does Burnham describe the task he is working on as the story begins?
(a) It is an easy task that he hopes to finish quickly.
(b) It is a waste of his time and talent.
(c) It is a struggle between Church and State.
(d) It is going to be a masterpiece when he is finished.
6. What sort of meeting does Pym meet Louise at?
(a) A Union Organizational Meeting.
(b) A catering convention.
(c) American Nazi Party.
(d) International Workers Party.
7. Who's personal chef has Dickinson been?
(a) Franklin Roosevelt's.
(b) Joseph Stalin's.
(c) Heinrich Himmler's.
(d) Adolf Hitler's.
8. What does Burnham find out about the pasha of Banda?
(a) That he was gravely ill.
(b) That he owed millions of dollars to the World Bank.
(c) That he couldn't speak English.
(d) That he was a murderous dictator.
9. What is "Q" Clearance?
(a) A very high secret clearance authorization.
(b) Clearance to be able to ask the President any question about policy.
(c) Access to the President and his staff any time, day or night.
(d) Permission to write and read important "for your eyes only" memos.
10. Why does Burnham feel that no planes should fly over Georgetown?
(a) He disliked the noise.
(b) He was worried about air pollution.
(c) The property prices went down because of planes flying over.
(d) Georgetown looked like a slum from the air.
11. Who does Ivy think Eva was?
(a) Pym's secretary.
(b) Pym's wife.
(c) Pym's girlfreind.
(d) Pym's daughter.
12. How much does Pym pay Louise to divorce him?
13. What is Mr Renfro's last comment to Burnham?
(a) "I'm afraid, Mr Burnham, that you have no choice but to....grow up."
(b) "Its only fair to tell you, you worry me."
(c) "You could appeal to the President to have you transferred."
(d) "I do hope you learn to take it seriously."
14. How many of the President's writers work for the White House?
(a) Only the top five staff writers.
(b) Only the Chief Writer.
(c) Only the staff reporting writers worked for the White House.
(d) None, technically.
15. What does Ivy think that Mr. Pym wants?
(a) He wants classified information from a person with "Q" status.
(b) He wants "dirt "on people in order to help his business grow.
(c) He wants to help her and Jerome.
(d) He wants memorabilia from the White House.
Short Answer Questions
1. Burnham believes he is allergic to what?
2. What is Pinsky terrified of in Annapolis?
3. How does Ivy get a closer look at Burnham's calendar?
4. After he confronts Epstein in the Mess, why does Burnham feel terrific?
5. Why does Pym blush when Eva asks why he is interested in the prescription?
This section contains 668 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)