|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Burnham find out about the pasha of Banda?
(a) That he was a murderous dictator.
(b) That he couldn't speak English.
(c) That he was gravely ill.
(d) That he owed millions of dollars to the World Bank.
2. How long has it been since Burnham had a drink?
(a) One month.
(b) One year.
(c) Two years.
(d) Six months.
3. How does Pym get custody of Eva?
(a) Louises father insisits that he take Eva.
(b) He wins custody in divorce court.
(c) He buys her.
(d) Louise is sent to jail because she is a Nazi.
4. Who does the fellow who claimed to have an appointment with the President, take his orders from?
(a) Mr. Pym.
(b) The Soviet Union.
(c) The CIA.
(d) His toaster.
5. What had Light Colonel Clip Dixon done to get demoted?
(a) His flights were consistantly behind schedule.
(b) He had shown up for work drunk.
(c) He had repeated something the President had said to him in private.
(d) He had almost crashed Air Force One.
6. What happens when Burnham drops his Pass?
(a) He rips his pants.
(b) An alarm goes off in the guard house.
(c) The person behind him picks it up.
(d) Seargant T laughs at him.
7. What is Burnham working on as the story opens?
(a) An official letter of congratulations.
(b) The President's Inaugural Speech.
(c) A college reference letter.
(d) A National Day of Prayer Proclamation.
8. Why does Burnham feel that no planes should fly over Georgetown?
(a) Georgetown looked like a slum from the air.
(b) He was worried about air pollution.
(c) The property prices went down because of planes flying over.
(d) He disliked the noise.
9. Burnham's wife, Sarah, says that Derry's pubescent radicalism was due to what?
(a) Her disdain of rock stars.
(b) Burnham's decision to work for the President.
(c) A healthy superego.
(d) Sarah's lack of time to spend with Derry.
10. What does Mr. Renfro bring to Burnham's office?
(a) A POTUS phone.
(b) A document shredder.
(c) Burnham's new pass for his "Q" clearance.
(d) Orders for a new office.
11. How much does Pym pay Louise to divorce him?
12. What is "the boom factor" ?
(a) The amount of noise an atom bomb makes when it explodes.
(b) Something Burnham made up.
(c) A term only people with "Q" status would understand.
(d) The cost of materials for an atom bomb.
13. What is Pinsky terrified of in Annapolis?
(b) Not having enough money.
(c) Being uncovered as a spy.
(d) Soft shell crabs.
14. Who does Ivy think Eva was?
(a) Pym's secretary.
(b) Pym's wife.
(c) Pym's girlfreind.
(d) Pym's daughter.
15. Why does Pym choose Nebraska as a biographical core for his American identity?
(a) Nebraska reminded him of his homeland.
(b) He wasn't familiar with any other states.
(c) The Nebraska accent.
(d) His superiors had instructed him to use Nebraska for this purpose.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does the President feel about Epstein?
2. Whose speech does Burnham hear while at college in 1960?
3. According to this book, what is the unemployment rate for black males in Washington DC at the time?
4. Who are the two people Ivy sees in the corridor?
5. Where is Epstein's second POTUS. phone located?
This section contains 558 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)