|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Ivy Peniston argue that Jerome could graduate despite failing typing?
(a) She feels embarrassed to tell her neighbors that he is not graduating.
(b) He has good grades otherwise.
(c) He is going to cause trouble when he can't graduate with his class.
(d) She wants him out of the house as soon as possible.
2. After he confronts Epstein in the Mess, why does Burnham feel terrific?
(a) He felt well taken care of by Cobb.
(b) He had become an actor instead of a reactor.
(c) He was starting to feel better about his personal problems.
(d) He was honored to be writing the speech for the President.
3. How does Eva know so much about vitamins?
(a) She took a lot of vitamins herself.
(b) She helped her father with his vitamins.
(c) She studied nutrition in school.
(d) From one of her Greenpeace colleagues.
4. What does Burnham find out about the pasha of Banda?
(a) That he was gravely ill.
(b) That he was a murderous dictator.
(c) That he couldn't speak English.
(d) That he owed millions of dollars to the World Bank.
5. Where is Epstein's second POTUS. phone located?
(a) In his toilet.
(b) In his car.
(c) With his secretay.
(d) In his home.
6. Why does Mr. Joslin think that Jerome failed typing?
(a) He believes typing is an extremely difficult class.
(b) He thinks boys just can't type.
(c) He knows there are not enough typewriters available to students.
(d) He believes Jerome lacks discipline.
7. Why will Mr. Joslin not bend the rules for Jerome?
(a) He enjoys being cruel to single mothers.
(b) He believes it would be unfair.
(c) He dosn't like Jerome.
(d) He is afraid he will be caught.
8. Why does Pym want to go for a walk with Eva?
(a) To make sure Ivy's cab went the right direction.
(b) He wanted to buy some cigarettes.
(c) For the exercise.
(d) To tell her he was a Soviet spy.
9. Why is Pym giving Ivy the Percodan?
(a) She can sell them for extra cash.
(b) To relieve her pain.
(c) His insurance covers pain killers.
(d) To get her hooked.
10. Who does Ivy think Eva was?
(a) Pym's wife.
(b) Pym's girlfreind.
(c) Pym's secretary.
(d) Pym's daughter.
11. What sort of meeting does Pym meet Louise at?
(a) American Nazi Party.
(b) A Union Organizational Meeting.
(c) A catering convention.
(d) International Workers Party.
12. What kind of information will Burnham have access to with "Q" status?
(a) Atomic energy documents.
(b) Classified computer disks containing information from the CIA.
(c) The President's agenda
(d) Personel files.
13. How many of the President's writers work for the White House?
(a) Only the staff reporting writers worked for the White House.
(b) Only the top five staff writers.
(c) None, technically.
(d) Only the Chief Writer.
14. What is Burnham's astrological sign?
15. What is Pinsky terrified of in Annapolis?
(a) Not having enough money.
(c) Being uncovered as a spy.
(d) Soft shell crabs.
Short Answer Questions
1. How much money per paycheck is Burnham's pay raise worth?
2. Who can call on a POTUS phone?
3. When he meets him at the Mess, what does Cobb have to tell Burnham about?
4. How does Sarah demonstrate that she is serious about one of them leaving?
5. What is "the boom factor" ?
This section contains 650 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)