|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is removed from the basement of the West wing in order to make space for Warner Cobb's office?
(a) A waiting room.
(b) A wall seperating the hallway from a closet.
(c) Two stalls from the ladies room.
(d) A secretary's office.
2. Although he is actually a speech writer for the President of the U.S.A, who does Timothy Burnham "officially" work for?
(a) The Department of Energy.
(b) The Central Intelligence Agency.
(c) The Washington Post.
(d) The American Broadcasting System.
3. Why does Burnham feel that no planes should fly over Georgetown?
(a) He was worried about air pollution.
(b) Georgetown looked like a slum from the air.
(c) The property prices went down because of planes flying over.
(d) He disliked the noise.
4. Why does Mr. Joslin think that Jerome failed typing?
(a) He believes Jerome lacks discipline.
(b) He knows there are not enough typewriters available to students.
(c) He thinks boys just can't type.
(d) He believes typing is an extremely difficult class.
5. Why dos Eva record the taxi's license number?
(a) She was exercising her memory.
(b) She thought the driver might rob Ivy.
(c) She wanted to impress her father.
(d) She liked the driver.
6. How does Eva know so much about vitamins?
(a) She took a lot of vitamins herself.
(b) She studied nutrition in school.
(c) From one of her Greenpeace colleagues.
(d) She helped her father with his vitamins.
7. Burnham believes he is allergic to what?
(a) Peanut butter.
(b) Ethyl alchohol.
8. What does Mr. Pym say to Ivy that makes her think he could help her?
(a) "Free enterprise means you are free to help yourself...".
(b) "Sometimes you have to bend the rules to survive".
(c) "Let me know if I can help you with anything".
(d) "I can forge anything".
9. What does the Majority Leader of the United States Senate say about the President's choice for the Vice President?
(a) "This man is a war criminal."
(b) "We need to select a female Vice President."
(c) "But he's a bigoted, bullheaded ignoramus."
(d) "I admire this man immensely."
10. What does Burnham think about contact from the President?
(a) He looks forward to the assignments.
(b) No news is good news.
(c) He is anxious to be closer to the President.
(d) He really wants a POTUS phone.
11. How long has Mr. Pym served as a spy for the Soviets?
(a) Almost fifty years.
(b) Almost forty years.
(c) Almost ten years.
(d) Almost twenty five years.
12. How much does Pym pay Louise to divorce him?
13. What does Ivy think that Mr. Pym wants?
(a) He wants memorabilia from the White House.
(b) He wants to help her and Jerome.
(c) He wants classified information from a person with "Q" status.
(d) He wants "dirt "on people in order to help his business grow.
14. What does Burnham find out about the pasha of Banda?
(a) That he was gravely ill.
(b) That he owed millions of dollars to the World Bank.
(c) That he couldn't speak English.
(d) That he was a murderous dictator.
15. What is "the boom factor" ?
(a) Something Burnham made up.
(b) The cost of materials for an atom bomb.
(c) The amount of noise an atom bomb makes when it explodes.
(d) A term only people with "Q" status would understand.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Mr. Renfro bring to Burnham's office?
2. How much money per paycheck is Burnham's pay raise worth?
3. What is Fydor Michaelovitch Pinsky's prized commodity in the Soviet Union during the war?
4. Burnham's son, Christopher, is reading the horoscope from which magazine?
5. What happens when Burnham drops his Pass?
This section contains 638 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)