|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How long has Burnham been married to Sarah?
(a) Twenty years.
(b) Twenty five years.
(c) Eighteen years.
(d) Fifteen years.
2. Whose speech does Burnham hear while at college in 1960?
(a) Che Guevera.
(b) Mao Tse-tung.
(c) McGeorge Bundy.
(d) Fidel Castro.
3. What threat from his superiors in the Soviet Union prompts Pym to "prowl the perimeters of the White house" ?
(a) The threat of being exposed as a spy.
(b) The threat of being sent home.
(c) The threat of losing his business.
(d) The threat of losing Eva.
4. How much money per paycheck is Burnham's pay raise worth?
(a) One hundred dollars.
(b) Four hundred and fifty dollars.
(c) Twenty eight dollars and thirteen cents.
(d) Forty eight dollars and seventeen cents.
5. Who does Sarah work for?
(a) Ted Kennedy.
(b) Dick Cavett.
(c) Warren Beatty.
(d) Department of Justice.
6. Why is Ivy Peniston so upset about Jerome failing typing?
(a) She believes her son is lazy.
(b) She thiks he may be dealing drugs.
(c) She understands that typing is a very important subject.
(d) He will not graduate in time to get a job he has been offered.
7. How many of the President's writers work for the White House?
(a) Only the staff reporting writers worked for the White House.
(b) Only the Chief Writer.
(c) Only the top five staff writers.
(d) None, technically.
8. Burnham's wife, Sarah, says that Derry's pubescent radicalism was due to what?
(a) Her disdain of rock stars.
(b) Burnham's decision to work for the President.
(c) A healthy superego.
(d) Sarah's lack of time to spend with Derry.
9. What happens when Burnham drops his Pass?
(a) An alarm goes off in the guard house.
(b) Seargant T laughs at him.
(c) He rips his pants.
(d) The person behind him picks it up.
10. What kind of information will Burnham have access to with "Q" status?
(a) Personel files.
(b) Classified computer disks containing information from the CIA.
(c) The President's agenda
(d) Atomic energy documents.
11. Who does Ivy think Eva was?
(a) Pym's secretary.
(b) Pym's wife.
(c) Pym's daughter.
(d) Pym's girlfreind.
12. What city does Pinsky jump ship in?
(a) Washington, DC
(b) Halifax, Nova Scotia.
(c) Boston, MA.
(d) New York, New York.
13. What is removed from the basement of the West wing in order to make space for Warner Cobb's office?
(a) A wall seperating the hallway from a closet.
(b) A waiting room.
(c) Two stalls from the ladies room.
(d) A secretary's office.
14. What does Burnham want to do with the flame thrower?
(a) Test his new status with the Pentagon.
(b) Sell it to the Russians.
(c) Torch Derry's room.
(d) Learn how to make one himself.
15. How much does Pym pay Louise to divorce him?
Short Answer Questions
1. What are Burnham's parting words to Epstein as he is leaving the Mess?
2. Who are the two people Ivy sees in the corridor?
3. What does the Majority Leader of the United States Senate say about the President's choice for the Vice President?
4. How does Burnham describe the task he is working on as the story begins?
5. Why does Ivy Peniston believe Mr. Joslin should bend the rules for Jerome?
This section contains 625 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)