|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When he meets him at the Mess, what does Cobb have to tell Burnham about?
(a) That the White House had, in fact, bugged his wife's car.
(b) That a mandatory staff meeting was happening that morning.
(c) That he was installing a POTUS phone in Burnham's office that day.
(d) The President requested him to write a toast speech for a dinner.
2. Who does Burnham praise in the speech he wrote for the President?
(a) The people of Banda.
(b) The President's policies in Banda.
(c) Banda's recent peacefuland democratic elections.
(d) The pasha of Banda.
3. What do members of the White House staff think about being assigned to the E.O.B. ?
(a) It had a great cafeteria.
(b) It was a great promotion.
(c) It was exile.
(d) It was to close to the Vice Presidental Offices.
4. What kind of information will Burnham have access to with "Q" status?
(a) Personel files.
(b) The President's agenda
(c) Atomic energy documents.
(d) Classified computer disks containing information from the CIA.
5. What city does Pinsky jump ship in?
(a) New York, New York.
(b) Washington, DC
(c) Halifax, Nova Scotia.
(d) Boston, MA.
6. How does Burnham describe the task he is working on as the story begins?
(a) It is going to be a masterpiece when he is finished.
(b) It is a waste of his time and talent.
(c) It is an easy task that he hopes to finish quickly.
(d) It is a struggle between Church and State.
7. Who's personal chef has Dickinson been?
(a) Franklin Roosevelt's.
(b) Heinrich Himmler's.
(c) Joseph Stalin's.
(d) Adolf Hitler's.
8. What does Ivy think that Mr. Pym wants?
(a) He wants to help her and Jerome.
(b) He wants memorabilia from the White House.
(c) He wants "dirt "on people in order to help his business grow.
(d) He wants classified information from a person with "Q" status.
9. Why dos Eva record the taxi's license number?
(a) She wanted to impress her father.
(b) She thought the driver might rob Ivy.
(c) She was exercising her memory.
(d) She liked the driver.
10. Who are the two people Ivy sees in the corridor?
(a) Epstein and Witt.
(b) Burnham and Dyanna.
(c) Renfro and Burnham.
(d) Cobbs and Seargant T.
11. How much does Pym pay Louise to divorce him?
12. The first morning after Sarah kicked him out and he is having coffee in the Mess, why is Burnham humming when Cobb showed up at his table?
(a) Humming was a constant activity for him.
(b) To block out the conversation at the next table.
(c) To hum along to the tunes playing on the Mess sound system.
(d) To hide the fact he was upset about his personal problems.
13. What does the high school building remind Ivy Peniston of?
(a) An asylum for the criminally insane.
(b) Her own school building back in Bermuda.
(c) The buildings on a Navy base.
(d) The hospital where she gave birth to Jerome.
14. After he confronts Epstein in the Mess, why does Burnham feel terrific?
(a) He was honored to be writing the speech for the President.
(b) He was starting to feel better about his personal problems.
(c) He felt well taken care of by Cobb.
(d) He had become an actor instead of a reactor.
15. What threat from his superiors in the Soviet Union prompts Pym to "prowl the perimeters of the White house" ?
(a) The threat of being sent home.
(b) The threat of losing Eva.
(c) The threat of losing his business.
(d) The threat of being exposed as a spy.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Sergeant T have Burnham halt at the guard house?
2. Why is Mr. Pym interested in Ivy?
3. What does Burnham want Mr. Renfro to explain?
4. What does Mr. Pym say to Ivy that makes her think he could help her?
5. What had Light Colonel Clip Dixon done to get demoted?
This section contains 749 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)