|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How much does Pym pay Louise to divorce him?
2. Why will Mr. Joslin not bend the rules for Jerome?
(a) He believes it would be unfair.
(b) He enjoys being cruel to single mothers.
(c) He dosn't like Jerome.
(d) He is afraid he will be caught.
3. What is stapled to the door of Derry's room?
(a) A poster of Che Guevera.
(b) A poster of Arthur Scargill.
(c) A poster of Carl Marx.
(d) A poster of Lenin.
4. How does Ivy get a closer look at Burnham's calendar?
(a) She photocopied the calendar.
(b) She took the calendar out into the corridor.
(c) She put on her reading glasses.
(d) She knocked it off the desk.
5. How long has Mr. Pym served as a spy for the Soviets?
(a) Almost fifty years.
(b) Almost twenty five years.
(c) Almost forty years.
(d) Almost ten years.
6. What are Burnham's parting words to Epstein as he is leaving the Mess?
(a) "Where did you get your suit?"
(b) "What about you? Do you work here?"
(c) "What time is our meeting this morning?"
(d) "It is an honor to meet you"
7. Why does Ivy Peniston argue that Jerome could graduate despite failing typing?
(a) She feels embarrassed to tell her neighbors that he is not graduating.
(b) She wants him out of the house as soon as possible.
(c) He has good grades otherwise.
(d) He is going to cause trouble when he can't graduate with his class.
8. Why dos Eva record the taxi's license number?
(a) She liked the driver.
(b) She thought the driver might rob Ivy.
(c) She wanted to impress her father.
(d) She was exercising her memory.
9. Why does Pym want to go for a walk with Eva?
(a) To tell her he was a Soviet spy.
(b) He wanted to buy some cigarettes.
(c) To make sure Ivy's cab went the right direction.
(d) For the exercise.
10. What is Fydor Michaelovitch Pinsky's prized commodity in the Soviet Union during the war?
(a) Fluent English.
(b) His inheritance.
(c) The cash he earned at the cafe.
(d) He raised ducks.
11. What does the Majority Leader of the United States Senate say about the President's choice for the Vice President?
(a) "This man is a war criminal."
(b) "We need to select a female Vice President."
(c) "I admire this man immensely."
(d) "But he's a bigoted, bullheaded ignoramus."
12. Why is Burnham getting "Q" Clearance?
(a) He needs it in order to continue working as writer for the President.
(b) He has applied for it in order to advance his career.
(c) The President awards it to his favorite staff members.
(d) He has worked for the department for nine years and it is automatic at that point.
13. What sort of meeting does Pym meet Louise at?
(a) International Workers Party.
(b) A Union Organizational Meeting.
(c) A catering convention.
(d) American Nazi Party.
14. What had Light Colonel Clip Dixon done to get demoted?
(a) He had shown up for work drunk.
(b) He had repeated something the President had said to him in private.
(c) His flights were consistantly behind schedule.
(d) He had almost crashed Air Force One.
15. What happens when Burnham drops his Pass?
(a) An alarm goes off in the guard house.
(b) The person behind him picks it up.
(c) He rips his pants.
(d) Seargant T laughs at him.
Short Answer Questions
1. What city does Pinsky jump ship in?
2. What is Burnham working on as the story opens?
3. What does Mr. Pym say to Ivy that makes her think he could help her?
4. How does the President feel about Epstein?
5. What does the high school building remind Ivy Peniston of?
This section contains 680 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)