|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Fydor Michaelovitch Pinsky's prized commodity in the Soviet Union during the war?
(a) His inheritance.
(b) Fluent English.
(c) He raised ducks.
(d) The cash he earned at the cafe.
2. What does the Majority Leader of the United States Senate say about the President's choice for the Vice President?
(a) "I admire this man immensely."
(b) "But he's a bigoted, bullheaded ignoramus."
(c) "This man is a war criminal."
(d) "We need to select a female Vice President."
3. Who does Ivy think Eva was?
(a) Pym's wife.
(b) Pym's girlfreind.
(c) Pym's daughter.
(d) Pym's secretary.
4. Where does Ivy Peniston get the idea that Jerome could cheat on his typing test?
(a) Jerome had mentioned it to her.
(b) From a boy on the steps of the school.
(c) She read about it in the newspaper.
(d) The typing teacher was a close freind of hers.
5. What does Burnham think about contact from the President?
(a) He looks forward to the assignments.
(b) He really wants a POTUS phone.
(c) He is anxious to be closer to the President.
(d) No news is good news.
6. What sort of whale oil is an effective lubricant for the trigger devices of a hydrogen bomb?
(a) Blue whale oil.
(b) Sperm whale oil.
(c) Killer whale oil.
(d) Orcha whale oil.
7. When he meets him at the Mess, what does Cobb have to tell Burnham about?
(a) That he was installing a POTUS phone in Burnham's office that day.
(b) The President requested him to write a toast speech for a dinner.
(c) That a mandatory staff meeting was happening that morning.
(d) That the White House had, in fact, bugged his wife's car.
8. What sort of meeting does Pym meet Louise at?
(a) A Union Organizational Meeting.
(b) International Workers Party.
(c) American Nazi Party.
(d) A catering convention.
9. Why does Mr. Joslin think Ivy Peniston would want to go back to Bermuda?
(a) The climate and the flowers.
(b) He believes all immigrants should return to their land of origin.
(c) So she could find a new husband.
(d) Because Jerome failed typing.
10. What does Ivy bring Mr Pym?
(a) Photo copies of Burnham's calendar.
(b) Phone numbers.
(c) Shredded papers, a pay envelope and a prescription.
(d) The President's next speech.
11. What does Burnham want to do with the flame thrower?
(a) Learn how to make one himself.
(b) Sell it to the Russians.
(c) Test his new status with the Pentagon.
(d) Torch Derry's room.
12. What does Ivy think that Mr. Pym wants?
(a) He wants memorabilia from the White House.
(b) He wants classified information from a person with "Q" status.
(c) He wants to help her and Jerome.
(d) He wants "dirt "on people in order to help his business grow.
13. Who does Sarah work for?
(a) Department of Justice.
(b) Warren Beatty.
(c) Dick Cavett.
(d) Ted Kennedy.
14. How does Ivy get a closer look at Burnham's calendar?
(a) She photocopied the calendar.
(b) She took the calendar out into the corridor.
(c) She knocked it off the desk.
(d) She put on her reading glasses.
15. According to this book, how many workers are on the White House staff?
Short Answer Questions
1. What happens when Burnham drops his Pass?
2. What does the high school building remind Ivy Peniston of?
3. Who can call on a POTUS phone?
4. Why does Burnham feel that no planes should fly over Georgetown?
5. What does Burnham find out about the pasha of Banda?
This section contains 644 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)