|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is "the boom factor" ?
(a) A term only people with "Q" status would understand.
(b) The amount of noise an atom bomb makes when it explodes.
(c) Something Burnham made up.
(d) The cost of materials for an atom bomb.
2. According to this book, what is the unemployment rate for black males in Washington DC at the time?
(a) Ten percent.
(b) Fifty percent.
(c) Fifteen percent.
(d) Twenty two percent.
3. Why does Ivy Peniston argue that Jerome could graduate despite failing typing?
(a) She feels embarrassed to tell her neighbors that he is not graduating.
(b) He has good grades otherwise.
(c) He is going to cause trouble when he can't graduate with his class.
(d) She wants him out of the house as soon as possible.
4. Burnham's son, Christopher, is reading the horoscope from which magazine?
(a) Sports Illustrated.
(c) The Lampoon.
(d) Rolling Stone.
5. What happens when Burnham drops his Pass?
(a) An alarm goes off in the guard house.
(b) He rips his pants.
(c) The person behind him picks it up.
(d) Seargant T laughs at him.
6. What does the high school building remind Ivy Peniston of?
(a) Her own school building back in Bermuda.
(b) The buildings on a Navy base.
(c) The hospital where she gave birth to Jerome.
(d) An asylum for the criminally insane.
7. Although he is actually a speech writer for the President of the U.S.A, who does Timothy Burnham "officially" work for?
(a) The Department of Energy.
(b) The Central Intelligence Agency.
(c) The American Broadcasting System.
(d) The Washington Post.
8. When he meets him at the Mess, what does Cobb have to tell Burnham about?
(a) The President requested him to write a toast speech for a dinner.
(b) That a mandatory staff meeting was happening that morning.
(c) That he was installing a POTUS phone in Burnham's office that day.
(d) That the White House had, in fact, bugged his wife's car.
9. What makes Burnham decide to take the bus to work instead of a cab?
(a) The couple asleep in the car had frightened him.
(b) He enjoyed the people he met on the bus.
(c) He was running too late to walk.
(d) The light changed.
10. After he confronts Epstein in the Mess, why does Burnham feel terrific?
(a) He was honored to be writing the speech for the President.
(b) He had become an actor instead of a reactor.
(c) He felt well taken care of by Cobb.
(d) He was starting to feel better about his personal problems.
11. What has Mr. Pym said he was a collector of that Ivy could get for him in return for his help?
(b) Signed baseballs.
(c) "People Trivia"
(d) Old Stamps.
12. What kind of information will Burnham have access to with "Q" status?
(a) The President's agenda
(b) Personel files.
(c) Atomic energy documents.
(d) Classified computer disks containing information from the CIA.
13. What is Burnham working on as the story opens?
(a) An official letter of congratulations.
(b) A college reference letter.
(c) The President's Inaugural Speech.
(d) A National Day of Prayer Proclamation.
14. What is Pinsky terrified of in Annapolis?
(a) Soft shell crabs.
(b) Being uncovered as a spy.
(d) Not having enough money.
15. Why is Mr. Pym interested in Ivy?
(a) He would like to date her.
(b) She is a good cook.
(c) She seems like she needs help and he likes to help people.
(d) She works in the White House complex.
Short Answer Questions
1. How many of the President's writers work for the White House?
2. What had Light Colonel Clip Dixon done to get demoted?
3. Where does Ivy Peniston get the idea that Jerome could cheat on his typing test?
4. How does Eva know so much about vitamins?
5. How long has Burnham been married to Sarah?
This section contains 702 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)