|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Whose speech does Burnham hear while at college in 1960?
(a) Che Guevera.
(b) Fidel Castro.
(c) McGeorge Bundy.
(d) Mao Tse-tung.
2. Why does Mr. Joslin think Ivy Peniston would want to go back to Bermuda?
(a) He believes all immigrants should return to their land of origin.
(b) The climate and the flowers.
(c) So she could find a new husband.
(d) Because Jerome failed typing.
3. What is "Q" Clearance?
(a) Clearance to be able to ask the President any question about policy.
(b) Access to the President and his staff any time, day or night.
(c) Permission to write and read important "for your eyes only" memos.
(d) A very high secret clearance authorization.
4. Why does Pym choose Nebraska as a biographical core for his American identity?
(a) Nebraska reminded him of his homeland.
(b) The Nebraska accent.
(c) He wasn't familiar with any other states.
(d) His superiors had instructed him to use Nebraska for this purpose.
5. What does Mr. Pym say to Ivy that makes her think he could help her?
(a) "I can forge anything".
(b) "Free enterprise means you are free to help yourself...".
(c) "Let me know if I can help you with anything".
(d) "Sometimes you have to bend the rules to survive".
6. What does Burnham think about contact from the President?
(a) He looks forward to the assignments.
(b) No news is good news.
(c) He is anxious to be closer to the President.
(d) He really wants a POTUS phone.
7. Who does Ivy think Eva was?
(a) Pym's wife.
(b) Pym's secretary.
(c) Pym's daughter.
(d) Pym's girlfreind.
8. Why does Pym blush when Eva asks why he is interested in the prescription?
(a) He has just spilled sherry while filling up Eva's glass.
(b) He is lying to Eva.
(c) He has had to much sherry.
(d) He is embarrased to have Ivy in the house.
9. Who's personal chef has Dickinson been?
(a) Heinrich Himmler's.
(b) Franklin Roosevelt's.
(c) Joseph Stalin's.
(d) Adolf Hitler's.
10. Burnham believes he is allergic to what?
(c) Ethyl alchohol.
(d) Peanut butter.
11. What do members of the White House staff think about being assigned to the E.O.B. ?
(a) It was to close to the Vice Presidental Offices.
(b) It was a great promotion.
(c) It had a great cafeteria.
(d) It was exile.
12. What has Mr. Pym said he was a collector of that Ivy could get for him in return for his help?
(b) Signed baseballs.
(c) "People Trivia"
(d) Old Stamps.
13. How much longer is the President for whom Burnham writes speeches going to be in power?
(a) Four years.
(b) Less than a month.
(c) Six months.
(d) Over a year.
14. What does Pym promise to give Ivy before she leaves?
(a) More pills.
(b) A bottle of sherry.
(c) A phone number to call about getting a forged high school diploma.
15. How long has Mr. Pym served as a spy for the Soviets?
(a) Almost ten years.
(b) Almost fifty years.
(c) Almost twenty five years.
(d) Almost forty years.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is stapled to the door of Derry's room?
2. According to this book, how many workers are on the White House staff?
3. What is Mr Renfro's last comment to Burnham?
4. After he confronts Epstein in the Mess, why does Burnham feel terrific?
5. How does Eva know so much about vitamins?
This section contains 631 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)