|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. After he confronts Epstein in the Mess, why does Burnham feel terrific?
(a) He had become an actor instead of a reactor.
(b) He felt well taken care of by Cobb.
(c) He was honored to be writing the speech for the President.
(d) He was starting to feel better about his personal problems.
2. Why does Ivy Peniston argue that Jerome could graduate despite failing typing?
(a) He is going to cause trouble when he can't graduate with his class.
(b) She wants him out of the house as soon as possible.
(c) He has good grades otherwise.
(d) She feels embarrassed to tell her neighbors that he is not graduating.
3. Why is Ivy Peniston so upset about Jerome failing typing?
(a) He will not graduate in time to get a job he has been offered.
(b) She understands that typing is a very important subject.
(c) She thiks he may be dealing drugs.
(d) She believes her son is lazy.
4. What does Ivy bring Mr Pym?
(a) Phone numbers.
(b) Photo copies of Burnham's calendar.
(c) The President's next speech.
(d) Shredded papers, a pay envelope and a prescription.
5. How long has Mr. Pym served as a spy for the Soviets?
(a) Almost twenty five years.
(b) Almost forty years.
(c) Almost fifty years.
(d) Almost ten years.
6. Why does Burnham feel that no planes should fly over Georgetown?
(a) Georgetown looked like a slum from the air.
(b) The property prices went down because of planes flying over.
(c) He disliked the noise.
(d) He was worried about air pollution.
7. Why was Eva in Jail?
(a) For being the daugher of a Soviet spy.
(b) For plotting to blow up the Glen Canyon Dam.
(c) For being the daughter of a Nazi.
(d) For not paying her taxes.
8. What is "the boom factor" ?
(a) A term only people with "Q" status would understand.
(b) The amount of noise an atom bomb makes when it explodes.
(c) Something Burnham made up.
(d) The cost of materials for an atom bomb.
9. What does Pym promise to give Ivy before she leaves?
(a) A phone number to call about getting a forged high school diploma.
(c) More pills.
(d) A bottle of sherry.
10. What does Burnham think about contact from the President?
(a) He looks forward to the assignments.
(b) He is anxious to be closer to the President.
(c) He really wants a POTUS phone.
(d) No news is good news.
11. Why dos Eva record the taxi's license number?
(a) She thought the driver might rob Ivy.
(b) She wanted to impress her father.
(c) She liked the driver.
(d) She was exercising her memory.
12. How does Eva know so much about vitamins?
(a) She took a lot of vitamins herself.
(b) From one of her Greenpeace colleagues.
(c) She helped her father with his vitamins.
(d) She studied nutrition in school.
13. Burnham believes he is allergic to what?
(c) Peanut butter.
(d) Ethyl alchohol.
14. What is removed from the basement of the West wing in order to make space for Warner Cobb's office?
(a) A wall seperating the hallway from a closet.
(b) A waiting room.
(c) Two stalls from the ladies room.
(d) A secretary's office.
15. What has Mr. Pym done for Ivy in the past?
(a) Taken care of a customs problem in Bermuda.
(b) He had gotten Ivy a United States Passport.
(c) Loaned Ivy his car.
(d) Given her and Jerome extra work from time to time.
Short Answer Questions
1. What kind of information will Burnham have access to with "Q" status?
2. How long has Burnham been married to Sarah?
3. Why will Mr. Joslin not bend the rules for Jerome?
4. What does the high school building remind Ivy Peniston of?
5. Why is Pym giving Ivy the Percodan?
This section contains 671 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)