|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 6.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How many of the President's writers work for the White House?
(a) None, technically.
(b) Only the top five staff writers.
(c) Only the staff reporting writers worked for the White House.
(d) Only the Chief Writer.
2. How does the President feel about Epstein?
(a) He respected his politcal savvy.
(b) He relied on his connections to the CIA.
(c) He needed the votes he could bring in from Louisiana.
(d) He didn't like him but he needed him.
3. Burnham's wife, Sarah, says that Derry's pubescent radicalism was due to what?
(a) A healthy superego.
(b) Her disdain of rock stars.
(c) Burnham's decision to work for the President.
(d) Sarah's lack of time to spend with Derry.
4. Why is Mr. Pym interested in Ivy?
(a) He would like to date her.
(b) She works in the White House complex.
(c) She is a good cook.
(d) She seems like she needs help and he likes to help people.
5. Why dos Eva record the taxi's license number?
(a) She was exercising her memory.
(b) She liked the driver.
(c) She wanted to impress her father.
(d) She thought the driver might rob Ivy.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does the fellow who claimed to have an appointment with the President, take his orders from?
2. What do members of the White House staff think about being assigned to the E.O.B. ?
3. What has Mr. Pym said he was a collector of that Ivy could get for him in return for his help?
4. How does Eva know so much about vitamins?
5. What is Burnham working on as the story opens?
This section contains 327 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)