|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 6.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Burnham's wife, Sarah, says that Derry's pubescent radicalism was due to what?
(a) Sarah's lack of time to spend with Derry.
(b) Her disdain of rock stars.
(c) A healthy superego.
(d) Burnham's decision to work for the President.
2. How does Ivy know she has "struck the mother lode" when she enters the office?
(a) She can tell by the room number.
(b) She sees the shredder.
(c) She sees a POTUS phone.
(d) Signed photos of the President and Burnham are on the wall.
3. Who can call on a POTUS phone?
(a) The CIA.
(b) The Washington DC police.
(c) The Soviet Ambassador.
(d) The President of The United States.
4. Why does Ivy Peniston believe Mr. Joslin should bend the rules for Jerome?
(a) She will go to the press with the story if he will not help her.
(b) She knows Mr. Joslin bends the rules all the time.
(c) Because he is the kind of person America should want to help.
(d) She is offering Mr. Joslin money for the favor.
5. Who's personal chef has Dickinson been?
(a) Joseph Stalin's.
(b) Adolf Hitler's.
(c) Heinrich Himmler's.
(d) Franklin Roosevelt's.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Mr. Pym say to Ivy that makes her think he could help her?
2. According to this book, what is the unemployment rate for black males in Washington DC at the time?
3. Why does Pym blush when Eva asks why he is interested in the prescription?
4. What does the Majority Leader of the United States Senate say about the President's choice for the Vice President?
5. How much longer is the President for whom Burnham writes speeches going to be in power?
This section contains 361 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)