|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What has Mr. Pym done for Ivy in the past?
(a) Given her and Jerome extra work from time to time.
(b) Loaned Ivy his car.
(c) Taken care of a customs problem in Bermuda.
(d) He had gotten Ivy a United States Passport.
2. Where does Ivy Peniston get the idea that Jerome could cheat on his typing test?
(a) The typing teacher was a close freind of hers.
(b) Jerome had mentioned it to her.
(c) She read about it in the newspaper.
(d) From a boy on the steps of the school.
3. What is Pinsky terrified of in Annapolis?
(a) Not having enough money.
(b) Being uncovered as a spy.
(c) Soft shell crabs.
4. How does Pym get custody of Eva?
(a) Louise is sent to jail because she is a Nazi.
(b) He buys her.
(c) He wins custody in divorce court.
(d) Louises father insisits that he take Eva.
5. Why does Mr. Joslin think that Jerome failed typing?
(a) He believes typing is an extremely difficult class.
(b) He believes Jerome lacks discipline.
(c) He knows there are not enough typewriters available to students.
(d) He thinks boys just can't type.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Burnham describe the task he is working on as the story begins?
2. Why is Ivy Peniston so upset about Jerome failing typing?
3. Whose speech does Burnham hear while at college in 1960?
4. What is stapled to the door of Derry's room?
5. Although he is actually a speech writer for the President of the U.S.A, who does Timothy Burnham "officially" work for?
This section contains 358 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)