|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Mr. Joslin think that Jerome failed typing?
(a) He believes Jerome lacks discipline.
(b) He knows there are not enough typewriters available to students.
(c) He thinks boys just can't type.
(d) He believes typing is an extremely difficult class.
2. Why does Mr. Joslin think Ivy Peniston would want to go back to Bermuda?
(a) Because Jerome failed typing.
(b) The climate and the flowers.
(c) He believes all immigrants should return to their land of origin.
(d) So she could find a new husband.
3. How much money per paycheck is Burnham's pay raise worth?
(a) Four hundred and fifty dollars.
(b) One hundred dollars.
(c) Forty eight dollars and seventeen cents.
(d) Twenty eight dollars and thirteen cents.
4. What has Mr. Pym said he was a collector of that Ivy could get for him in return for his help?
(a) Old Stamps.
(c) "People Trivia"
(d) Signed baseballs.
5. According to this book, what is the unemployment rate for black males in Washington DC at the time?
(a) Fifty percent.
(b) Fifteen percent.
(c) Twenty two percent.
(d) Ten percent.
Short Answer Questions
1. What makes Burnham decide to take the bus to work instead of a cab?
2. Burnham's wife, Sarah, says that Derry's pubescent radicalism was due to what?
3. What has Mr. Pym done for Ivy in the past?
4. What does Burnham want to do with the flame thrower?
5. What is stapled to the door of Derry's room?
This section contains 340 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)