|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What has Mr. Pym done for Ivy in the past?
(a) He had gotten Ivy a United States Passport.
(b) Loaned Ivy his car.
(c) Taken care of a customs problem in Bermuda.
(d) Given her and Jerome extra work from time to time.
2. What makes Burnham decide to take the bus to work instead of a cab?
(a) He was running too late to walk.
(b) The light changed.
(c) He enjoyed the people he met on the bus.
(d) The couple asleep in the car had frightened him.
3. The toaster and the coffee maker in the kitchen are from which foreign countries?
(a) Japan and Germany.
(b) Mexico and Canada.
(c) Thailand and Denmark.
(d) China and the Phillipines.
4. What is Burnham working on as the story opens?
(a) A National Day of Prayer Proclamation.
(b) A college reference letter.
(c) The President's Inaugural Speech.
(d) An official letter of congratulations.
5. Burnham believes he is allergic to what?
(a) Ethyl alchohol.
(b) Peanut butter.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Mr. Joslin think that Jerome failed typing?
2. Why does Ivy Peniston argue that Jerome could graduate despite failing typing?
3. How much longer is the President for whom Burnham writes speeches going to be in power?
4. Why will Mr. Joslin not bend the rules for Jerome?
5. Whose speech does Burnham hear while at college in 1960?
This section contains 319 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)