|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Burnham say to Sarah about his reason for writing for the President?
(a) That he agrees with the President.
(b) He does it for the power.
(c) He couldn't get another job.
(d) That he does it for the money.
2. What does Mr. Pym say to Ivy that makes her think he could help her?
(a) "I can forge anything".
(b) "Let me know if I can help you with anything".
(c) "Sometimes you have to bend the rules to survive".
(d) "Free enterprise means you are free to help yourself...".
3. How does Burnham describe the task he is working on as the story begins?
(a) It is a waste of his time and talent.
(b) It is a struggle between Church and State.
(c) It is an easy task that he hopes to finish quickly.
(d) It is going to be a masterpiece when he is finished.
4. How much longer is the President for whom Burnham writes speeches going to be in power?
(a) Six months.
(b) Less than a month.
(c) Four years.
(d) Over a year.
5. Why is Burnham getting "Q" Clearance?
(a) The President awards it to his favorite staff members.
(b) He has worked for the department for nine years and it is automatic at that point.
(c) He has applied for it in order to advance his career.
(d) He needs it in order to continue working as writer for the President.
Short Answer Questions
1. The toaster and the coffee maker in the kitchen are from which foreign countries?
2. What is Burnham's astrological sign?
3. What kind of information will Burnham have access to with "Q" status?
4. Who does Sarah work for?
5. How many of the President's writers work for the White House?
This section contains 331 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)