|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What has Mr. Pym done for Ivy in the past?
(a) Given her and Jerome extra work from time to time.
(b) Loaned Ivy his car.
(c) He had gotten Ivy a United States Passport.
(d) Taken care of a customs problem in Bermuda.
2. How does Burnham describe the task he is working on as the story begins?
(a) It is a struggle between Church and State.
(b) It is a waste of his time and talent.
(c) It is going to be a masterpiece when he is finished.
(d) It is an easy task that he hopes to finish quickly.
3. Why does Mr. Joslin think Ivy Peniston would want to go back to Bermuda?
(a) He believes all immigrants should return to their land of origin.
(b) So she could find a new husband.
(c) Because Jerome failed typing.
(d) The climate and the flowers.
4. What does Burnham say to Sarah about his reason for writing for the President?
(a) He does it for the power.
(b) That he agrees with the President.
(c) That he does it for the money.
(d) He couldn't get another job.
5. Burnham's wife, Sarah, says that Derry's pubescent radicalism was due to what?
(a) A healthy superego.
(b) Her disdain of rock stars.
(c) Burnham's decision to work for the President.
(d) Sarah's lack of time to spend with Derry.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Sarah work for?
2. What does Burnham want Mr. Renfro to explain?
3. Where does Ivy Peniston get the idea that Jerome could cheat on his typing test?
4. Burnham believes he is allergic to what?
5. What makes Burnham decide to take the bus to work instead of a cab?
This section contains 359 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)