|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Is Teppic able to get much help while with the philosophers?
2. Teppic tells Ptraci that he is the king. Why is she not convinced?
3. Who made it out of the city before it disappeared?
4. Why is Ptraci reluctant to go with Teppic?
5. Ptraci, Teppic, and You Bastard reach Ephebe and meet two philosophers who are ______________.
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Teppic do when he awakes?
2. Where does Teppic leave Ptraci?
3. What does Teppic do that night, after spending time in the supreme court?
4. What takes place in Teppic's dream?
5. What happens while Teppic resides over the Supreme Court?
6. What happens when Dios and Teppic arrive in the embalming room?
7. What takes place after Teppic finds Ptraci?
8. What happens in Djelibevbi?
9. Why is Gern worried that the gods will attack the city? What does the king think about this?
10. What do the clones of Ptaclusp tell him about the capping of the pyramid? Why? How does Ptaclusp respond?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Ptraci becomes queen.
Part 1) Why does she become queen? How does she feel about being queen? Why does she feel this way?
Part 2) Why is Teppic not interested in being king? Can this be a natural feeling of one who is heir to a throne? Why or why not?
Part 3) How does Ptraci's rule compare to the reign of other Pharaohs? Is this good or bad? Why?
Part 30 How does this story end? Why does it end this way? Overall, what is the message of this story?
Essay Topic 2
Ptaclusp and his sons take advantage of the time loop.
Part 1) How do they take advantage of the time loop? Why do they do this? What does this reveal about their characters?
Part 2) How does their plan backfire? Why does it backfire? How does this affect them?
Part 3) How does their behavior toward the workers building the pyramid reflect workplaces in our own world?
Essay Topic 3
Ephebe and Tsort are only separated by Djelibeybi.
Part 1) What happens when Djelibeybi disappears? Why does this happen?
Part 2) How do the actions of Ephebe and Tsort resemble stories from our own world? What does this say about our own stories?
Part 3) How different would our world be if certain nations were removed from it? What changes would occur? Would these changes be good or bad? Why?
This section contains 1,250 words
(approx. 5 pages at 300 words per page)