|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Is Teppic able to get much help while with the philosophers?
2. Why does Ptraci not realize that Teppic is the king?
3. Teppic needs a place to hide Ptraci and leaves her ______________.
4. When Dios looks into Ptraci's hiding place and she is not there, how does Teppic hide his surprise?
5. The next day Dios comes in to talk to Teppic while Teppic is ______________.
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Teppic do when he awakes?
2. What happens when Dios and Teppic arrive in the embalming room?
3. How do Dios and Teppic meet the next day?
4. What information does Dios give Teppic? How does Teppic react?
5. What are the king, Dil, and Gern doing?
6. What happens when King Teppicymon XXVII awakens?
7. What ceremony is to take place the next day?
8. What has happened to the city?
9. What takes place in Teppic's dream?
10. What takes place after Teppic finds Ptraci?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Death says his job is to make sure people die according to their fate.
Part 1) How does this compare to our own view of death? How does this version of Death compare to the beliefs of the people of this world?
Part 2) How can the Pharaoh make decisions about his life after death? What do you think about this ability? Would you want to be able to make decisions after you die? Why or why not?
Part 3) Do you believe in an afterlife? Why or why not? Why do many cultures believe in an afterlife?
Essay Topic 2
Ptaclusp and his sons take advantage of the time loop.
Part 1) How do they take advantage of the time loop? Why do they do this? What does this reveal about their characters?
Part 2) How does their plan backfire? Why does it backfire? How does this affect them?
Part 3) How does their behavior toward the workers building the pyramid reflect workplaces in our own world?
Essay Topic 3
The story takes place on Discworld.
Part 1) Describe this planet. Why do you think this world is this way?
Part 2) How does this world compare to our own?
Part 3) How does the description of this world prepare the reader for the story that is to come? What is the purpose of giving this description?
This section contains 1,098 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)