|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why is Ptraci reluctant to go with Teppic?
(a) She does not like him.
(b) She is tired.
(c) She does not trust him.
(d) She does not want to anger the gods.
2. The priests in the palace begin to ______________.
(a) Bicker and fight.
(c) Run away.
3. Why are the pyramids dangerous?
(a) They use up past time over and over again.
(b) They could fall over.
(c) They suck in the living.
(d) They might sink into the ground.
4. Who is Khuft?
(a) The founder of the city.
(b) A giant.
(c) The Sphinx.
(d) The name of the pyramid.
5. His father's spirit is talking to them and reveals what about Ptraci?
(a) She is Teppic's mother.
(b) She is Teppic's wife.
(c) She is Teppic's half sister.
(d) She is Teppic's aunt.
6. Teppic is able to slip past the guards and finds Ptraci hiding ______________.
(a) In his bed chamber.
(b) In the embalming room where he left her.
(c) In the garden.
(d) In the pyramid.
7. When do Teppic and Ptaclusp decide that the capping ceremony will begin?
(a) In one month.
(b) The next day.
(c) The next week.
(d) That night.
8. Who is Koomi?
(a) Dil's assistant.
(b) Dios' apprentice.
(c) Teppic's brother.
(d) A priest in the palace.
9. Why is Gern concerned that the gods are attacking the city?
(a) He cursed the gods.
(b) He made love to his girlfriend before they were married.
(c) He is a god.
(d) He does not believe in the gods.
10. Why does the city of Ephebe decide to retaliate against Tsort?
(a) The gods tell them they should.
(b) Before Tsort has a chance to attack.
(c) They are afraid of Tsort.
(d) Before Tsort has a chance to run away.
11. Dios announces the kings verdict and that in concordance with the law what will happen to the girl?
(a) She will be banished.
(b) She will be fed to the sacred crocodiles.
(c) She will be tortured.
(d) She will be set free.
12. Teppic decrees that what will happen to Ptraci?
(a) She will die.
(b) She will be set free.
(c) She will be tortured.
(d) She will be banished.
13. What does Teppic think of the man who does not want to be saved?
(a) He thinks he is mad.
(b) He is angry with him.
(c) He is worried about him.
(d) He feels sorry for him.
14. Dios is there waiting on Teppic and Ptraci with several guards and orders that they will be killed for what reason?
(a) Dishonoring the king.
(b) The murder of the king.
(c) Running away.
(d) Disobeying Dios' orders.
15. Why is every person stuck within Djelibeybi?
(a) The fog is too thick to find a way out.
(b) They are all locked in the buildings.
(c) The roads are blocked.
(d) The roads out of the city lead back in again.
Short Answer Questions
1. In the city of Djelibeybi, the embalmer, Dil, gets out of bed and goes outside. How does he feel about what he sees?
2. Is Teppic able to get much help while with the philosophers?
3. He goes to the home of his apprentice, Gern, and wakes him for what reason?
4. Why is the king a little surprised to see Gern and Dil there?
5. Why, when the king dies, is a pyramid built and his body mummified?
This section contains 610 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)