|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Khuft run into the desert?
(a) He had been cheating people with his used camel business.
(b) He is looking for food.
(c) He was trying to find the city.
(d) He is running away from the villagers.
2. Why is every person stuck within Djelibeybi?
(a) They are all locked in the buildings.
(b) The roads out of the city lead back in again.
(c) The fog is too thick to find a way out.
(d) The roads are blocked.
3. There is a man in a cell that has cursed in the name of the king. What is his punishment?
(b) His eyes are to be gouged out.
(c) His tongue is to be cut out of his mouth.
(d) His hands are to be cut off.
4. Why do Ptaclusp's sons say that the pyramid has to be capped that night?
(a) It is to rain the next day.
(b) The next day is the Sabbath.
(c) It will be cheaper.
(d) The consequences will be severe.
5. When they are out to sea, what does Teppic do?
(a) Talks to Chidder about their childhood.
(b) Dreams about his childhood.
(c) Steers the ship.
(d) Falls asleep and dreams the strange dreams that Pharaohs have.
6. Teppic tells Ptraci that he is the king. Why is she not convinced?
(a) He does not look like a king.
(b) He lies a lot.
(c) She has never seen the king's face before.
(d) She does not trust anyone.
7. What are the gods that the people worshipped doing?
(a) Running away from the city.
(b) Appearing all over the city.
(c) Calling the people to the city.
8. What does Teppic discover when he is looking for the city?
(b) The lost city of Atlantis.
(c) Another city.
(d) If he holds his head at the correct angle and squints, he can see the city throught a crack in a stone.
9. Dios explains to the priests that the gods were created and have no rights to the city because ______________.
(a) They do not own the people.
(b) They are not smart.
(c) They do not follow Dios' directions.
(d) They do not exist.
10. The great pyramid has become so _____________ that touching it burns the skin.
11. His father's spirit is talking to them and reveals what about Ptraci?
(a) She is Teppic's aunt.
(b) She is Teppic's mother.
(c) She is Teppic's half sister.
(d) She is Teppic's wife.
12. Where does the dead king say that the girl went?
(b) To the prison.
(d) To the courtroom.
13. Why does no one listen to the dead king's response regarding the girl?
(a) They do not like him.
(b) They are ignoring him.
(c) They do not trust him.
(d) They cannot hear him.
14. Ptraci, Teppic, and You Bastard reach Ephebe and meet two philosophers who are ______________.
(a) Hunting deer.
(d) Shooting at turtles on sticks.
15. How is Ila moving?
(b) Sideways in time.
Short Answer Questions
1. Is Teppic able to get much help while with the philosophers?
2. Why is Ptraci reluctant to go with Teppic?
3. In what does Teppic put Ptraci?
4. While Teppic is at the tea social with the philosophers, he talks to _______________, who is the expert on geometry.
5. Pyramids are _______ in the stream of time.
This section contains 554 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)