Eight Week Quiz E
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which of the following first interests Higgins about Liza?
(a) Her exceptional beauty.
(b) Her ability to survive on the tough urban streets.
(c) Her cleverness.
(d) Her Cockney accent.
2. What does Higgins think of Neppomuck?
(a) He is a fool.
(b) He is a perfect companion for Liza.
(c) He is very clever, perhaps too clever.
(d) He is boring.
3. What compliment does Higgins pay Liza during their discussion after the party?
(a) She is a real lady now.
(b) She's really rather clever--for a woman.
(c) She's not bad-looking.
(d) She's a great cook.
4. Why does Shaw's attempt to help Sweet fail?
(a) Sweet only writes libelous articles against his fellow academics.
(b) Sweet looks down on the theater as unacademic.
(c) Sweet has no interest in promoting his ideas to the public.
(d) Sweet dies before he can see the play.
5. Who is delighted with Liza's "small talk" during the social visit with the Eynsford Hills in Act 3?
(a) Mrs. Eynsford Hill.
(b) Mrs. Higgins.
(c) Freddy and Clara.
(d) Higgins and Pickering.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why is Freddy waiting outside Higgins's house when Liza leaves Higgins?
2. Why is Clara annoyed with her mother?
3. Which of the following describes Liza's home?
4. Of what does Mrs. Pearce warn Higgins?
5. What does the ambassador's wife think of Liza?
This section contains 355 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)