|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. According to Shaw, what can people do to get rid of their low-class accents?
(a) They should imitate people who speak proper English.
(b) It cannot be done in real life.
(c) They must be trained by a phonetics expert.
(d) People should not try to get rid of their low-class accents; they should be proud of the way they speak.
2. What insulting term does Higgins use to describe Liza in Act 2?
(a) Foul-mouthed imp.
(b) Filthy tramp.
(c) Idle-headed fool.
(d) Draggle-tailed guttersnipe.
3. How does Liza feel about the bedroom she'll be staying in?
(a) She thinks it's too good and clean for the likes of her.
(b) She says it makes her feel like a duchess.
(c) She's amazed by its luxurious furnishings.
(d) She's not used to sleeping in a bed and it seems very strange to her.
4. Who is Tito Pagliardini?
(a) A playwright.
(b) An expert in Italian dialects.
(c) A phonetics expert.
(d) An opera singer.
5. Which of the following is among Liza's treasured possessions?
(a) A picture of her deceased mother.
(b) A fashionable dress that she has never worn.
(c) A book of Shakespeare's plays.
(d) A birdcage.
Short Answer Questions
1. How much money does Doolittle demand from Higgins in exchange for his daughter?
2. Based on what you read in the Preface, with which of the following statements do you think Shaw would agree?
3. What happens to the Flower Girl's basket?
4. How do the bystanders treat Liza when she becomes upset?
5. What does Higgins give Liza in Act 2 when she begins to cry?
This section contains 386 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)