|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Old Anna say the real menace is?
2. Who buys the pins and peas for the pushcart vendors?
3. How many one hundred-pound bags of peas does the chief of the Pea Tack Squad rip open at Posey's?
4. Who is the driver of the truck that hits the first truck of the pushcart war?
5. What do the Posey's use as weapons in their attempt to keep the Pea Tack Squad out?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is the attitude of the truckers who are doing business in New York during the weeks prior to the pushcart war?
2. Who shot a woman with a pea pin and why?
3. What happens to Wenda Gambling?
4. What do the other pushcart vendors decide to do after Frank the Flower is arrested?
5. Give a basic overview of the "peanut butter speech."
6. What is the tactic being used by General Anna to cause flats and why?
7. What is the attitude of people who find the trucks off the streets?
8. What is Big Moe's argument that Frank the Flower can't be responsible for all the flats?
9. What is the reaction of people who see a truck with a flat?
10. What does the Pea Tack Squad tell the packaging companies to convince them that they should shut down?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Who is Joey Kafflis? What is the document Joey produces that provides an inside look into the pushcart war? Describe what Joey writes in this document.
Essay Topic 2
Who is Albert P. Mack? How is he involved in the opening events of the war? What eventually becomes of him? Why do you believe this happens to him?
Essay Topic 3
What is the Peace March? Describe the march and the events that occur during the march. What happens to make the march less than peaceful?
This section contains 881 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)