|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is the world's largest producer of tacks?
2. Who is it that gives away boxes of tacks to his customers?
3. Who do the Pea Tack Squad call to help gain entrance into Posey's Peas?
4. How many tacks are purchased the day after the tax is repealed?
5. Who gives the famous "peanut butter speech?"
Short Essay Questions
1. There is a free newspaper that reports that pushcarts are "unsanitary." What other things has this same reporter called unsanitary and why does he make these statements.
2. What is the reaction of people who see a truck with a flat?
3. Why is Wenda Gambing included on the panel of traffic experts attempting to explain why the traffic had come to a complete standstill?
4. Describe the incident that begins the pushcart war.
5. What is the condition of Posey's plant after the Pea Tack Squad comes in?
6. What is the tactic being used by General Anna to cause flats and why?
7. What is Big Moe's argument that Frank the Flower can't be responsible for all the flats?
8. Big Moe talks about the fear that the women will become involved in the situation. Why does Big Moe believe women will become involved and what does he say will be the outcome if they do?
9. How does Carlos come up with the idea of how to fight the trucks?
10. What happens to Wenda Gambling?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
What is the Festival of Cantaloupes? How does it begin? How is it connected to the pushcart war? Why do you think the festival is still celebrated today?
Essay Topic 2
Describe the poker game arranged by Maxie Hammerman. Who attends? Why are each of them in attendance?
Essay Topic 3
Who are The Three? What are their lives like in the city? What details are given about each of them to describe their personalities?
This section contains 907 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)