|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. On what date does the Mayor order the Pea Blockade?
2. What do the trucking company owners do when the casualties get too high?
3. What is Big Moe's first explanation for the number of flats?
4. Who does Maxie say has the record for the most hits?
5. What is on the truck that's involved in the first incident of the pushcart war?
Short Essay Questions
1. Who is it that people believe to be the source of the traffic problem?
2. What is the purpose of the map on the wall at Maxie Hammerman's?
3. What do the other pushcart vendors decide to do after Frank the Flower is arrested?
4. What is the tactic being used by General Anna to cause flats and why?
5. Give a basic overview of the "peanut butter speech."
6. What is the attitude of the truckers who are doing business in New York during the weeks prior to the pushcart war?
7. Why is Wenda Gambing included on the panel of traffic experts attempting to explain why the traffic had come to a complete standstill?
8. What is another name for the first incident of the pushcart war and why?
9. What is the reaction of people who see a truck with a flat?
10. How does Carlos come up with the idea of how to fight the trucks?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Describe Mayor Elmer P. Cudd. What kind of person is he? List at least three times when the Mayor changes his position or requests the impossible in order to appease his constituents.
Essay Topic 2
Who is Miriam Portlette and how does she become involved in the situation? What is the document she produces? What are the contents of that document.?
Essay Topic 3
What is the Peace March? Describe the march and the events that occur during the march. What happens to make the march less than peaceful?
This section contains 918 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)