|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. How many tires does Frank the Flower really believe he has killed?
2. What does one man suggest Mr. Posey might be hiding in the pea packages?
3. When does Frank the Flower get arrested?
4. Prior to the sale of the ton of peas to the pushcart vendors, what had been Mr. Posey's largest sale?
5. Where does the driver of the first pushcart destroyed in the war land?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Mr. Posey's resistance to being closed by the Pea Tack Squad result in the discovery that the pushcart vendors are behind the flats?
2. Who is it that people believe to be the source of the traffic problem?
3. How does Old Anna come to be known as General Anna?
4. What is the condition of Posey's plant after the Pea Tack Squad comes in?
5. What is the attitude of the pushcart vendors toward the tacks tax?
6. How does England get drawn into the battle regarding the tax on tacks?
7. How does Carlos come up with the idea of how to fight the trucks?
8. How and why does Frank the Flower take the blame for all the flat tires?
9. What happens to Wenda Gambling?
10. What is the reaction of people who see a truck with a flat?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Who is Miriam Portlette and how does she become involved in the situation? What is the document she produces? What are the contents of that document.?
Essay Topic 2
There's a theory that if fewer trucks were on the street, the remaining trucks could make their deliveries in less time. Is this a viable answer to the congestion problem? Support your answer with examples other than traffic.
Essay Topic 3
List five pushcart vendors. Tell about the lives of each, including whatever details are available in the story. Do these seem like happy people? What makes you think so?
This section contains 894 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)