|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. When the policeman asks Frank about the pea shooter, what is Frankie's explanation?
2. What does Mack believe to be the explanation behind the flats?
3. Why does Wenda Gambling say there is a traffic problem in New York?
4. How many flats does Maxie say General Anna has caused?
5. What happened to the enlargement of Marvin Seely's picture of the first incident of the pushcart war?
Short Essay Questions
1. What happens to Wenda Gambling?
2. Why is Wenda Gambing included on the panel of traffic experts attempting to explain why the traffic had come to a complete standstill?
3. How does Mr. Posey's resistance to being closed by the Pea Tack Squad result in the discovery that the pushcart vendors are behind the flats?
4. How does Mr. Jerusalem become involved in the war?
5. What is the attitude of people who find the trucks off the streets?
6. There is a free newspaper that reports that pushcarts are "unsanitary." What other things has this same reporter called unsanitary and why does he make these statements.
7. What is the attitude of the truckers who are doing business in New York during the weeks prior to the pushcart war?
8. Describe the incident that begins the pushcart war.
9. What is the attitude of the pushcart vendors toward the tacks tax?
10. How does England get drawn into the battle regarding the tax on tacks?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Some people, including Big Moe, come to believe there are more people involved in the flats than just Frank the Flower. Describe why those people believe Frank wasn't working alone and why some people want to believe it was only Frank. Compare the group of people who would believe in a conspiracy theory to those who don't. What are the basic differences between the two groups?
Essay Topic 2
What are the major points of the Truck Driver's Manifesto? What are the main points of the compromise that comes from the Peace Conference? Compare the Truck Driver's Manifesto to the document that comes out of the Peace Conference.
Essay Topic 3
Who is Wenda Gambling? What is her role in the story? What might have been different if she hadn't been part of the story?
This section contains 1,020 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)