|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the fifth clause of the peace treaty?
(a) That Albert Mack be sent to jail.
(b) That the Police Commissioner step down.
(c) That Frank the Flower be released from jail.
(d) That Mayor Cudd step down.
2. What time does Maxie say his guests should arrive?
(a) Six o'clock.
(b) Seven o'clock.
(c) Seven thirty.
(d) Six thirty.
3. How many people are arrested on Beecker Street?
4. Who does the Police Commissioner report to after his interview with Maxie Hammerman?
(a) That he believes Maxie is lying.
(b) That he doesn't know what to think.
(c) That Maxie will eventually break under the pressure.
(d) That he sees no reason to keep Maxie in jail.
5. What role does General Anna say she wants to play in the plan proposed by Mr. Jerusalem?
(a) She wants no part of it.
(b) She wants to direct traffic.
(c) She wants to be on the front lines.
(d) She wants to quit.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Buddy Wisser propose as a compromise to the number of trucks allowed in the city?
2. Where does the Police Commissioner put his gun after the arrival of The Three?
3. How long does it take for the truck tires to be repaired so that the trucks return to the streets?
4. Why does Maxie Hammerman say the pushcart war was fought?
5. Where is the recording of the interview between the Police Commissioner and Maxie Hammerman?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is Frank the Flower's confession after the raid on Maxie's and why does the Police Commissioner want to believe it?
2. What does Maxie Hammerman say when the Police Commissioner asks why Maxie is called the Pushcart King?
3. List at least four of the conditions of the peace treaty.
4. List the main points of the Mayor's address regarding the peace march.
5. Describe the meeting between the truck drivers and the pushcart vendors led by Harry Hot Dog and Mr. Jerusalem.
6. List two ways the movie of the pushcart war differed from the actual events.
7. Why does Maxie Hammerman say he won't give the shorthand notes on the meeting of The Three to the newspaper?
8. What are some of the complaints posed by the letters to the editor?
9. What is Mack's reaction to being locked up so close to Frank the Flower?
10. How does Maxie Hammerman explain away the notations he'd made on the map about the names of pushcart vendors and the numbers?
This section contains 1,047 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)