|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What role does General Anna say she wants to play in the plan proposed by Mr. Jerusalem?
(a) She wants to quit.
(b) She wants to be on the front lines.
(c) She wants no part of it.
(d) She wants to direct traffic.
2. Who is driving the truck that encounters the division on Greene Street?
(a) Albert P. Mack.
(b) Louie Livergeen.
(c) Big Moe.
(d) Maxie Hammerman.
3. Who is Harold L. Kugelman?
(a) The Mayor.
(b) The Pushcart King.
(c) The Police Commissioner.
(d) Harry the Hot Dog.
4. What does Papa Paretz give each of the truck drivers who agree to their terms?
(a) A hot dog.
(b) A bag of pretzels.
(c) An apple and a pear.
(d) A handful of flowers.
5. How does General Anna get a message in to Maxie?
(a) Gives it to the police commissioner.
(b) Calls him.
(c) Smuggles it in a hot dog.
(d) Smuggles it in an apple.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Maxie Hammerman say the pushcart war was fought?
2. Who attends the meeting called by The Three following the poker game at Maxie Hammerman's?
3. What is the title of the newspaper article that says the pushcart war is over?
4. How many pushcarts are destroyed?
5. What does Maxie Hammerman buy for General Anna on the day of the Peace March?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is the Flower Formula and what does Professor Cumberly say could be done with that formula?
2. Who is Alice Myles and what is Maxie Hammerman's reaction to her?
3. How does Maxie explain his consistent winnings at the poker table?
4. What is Maxie's plan to deal with The Three?
5. List at least four of the conditions of the peace treaty.
6. What is Maxie's theory of war with regard to money?
7. Why is the truce so much harder on the pushcart vendors than on the truck drivers?
8. Describe the meeting between the truck drivers and the pushcart vendors led by Harry Hot Dog and Mr. Jerusalem.
9. List the main points of the Mayor's address regarding the peace march.
10. What are the four demands made by the truckers in their manifesto?
This section contains 1,017 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)