|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does General Anna say is the first thing the pushcart vendors must not do?
(a) Pay Maxie's bail.
(c) Make more pea shooters.
(d) Send Maxie an apple.
2. How do the pushcart vendors learn about the Mayor's decision regarding pushcarts?
(a) They hear a radio address.
(b) They see a television address.
(c) The police arrive with the news.
(d) They read it in the newspaper.
3. Why does Maxie Hammerman say the pushcart war was fought?
(a) To provide jobs for the pushcart vendors.
(b) To make people see the truth about trucks.
(c) So there would always be some pushcarts in the city.
(d) So the trucks would have to stop blocking traffic.
4. What does the Mayor say about the meeting between The Three and Maxie Hammerman?
(a) That it won't take place.
(b) That a meeting wouldn't accomplish anything.
(c) That Maxie can't attend becasue he's to be arrested.
(d) That it will take place at the police station.
5. What happens to General Anna's pushcart?
(a) The handle is broken.
(b) The bumper is smashed.
(c) The wheel is ripped off.
(d) The tire is flattened.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where is Wenda Gambling when the raid occurs?
2. What are Eddie and Maxie drinking after the card game?
3. Why does the Police Commissioner say he cannot arrest all the pushcart vendors?
4. What is the title of the newspaper article that says the pushcart war is over?
5. What is designed into the dart board in Frank's cell?
Short Essay Questions
1. List two ways the movie of the pushcart war differed from the actual events.
2. List at least four of the conditions of the peace treaty.
3. What is it that goes through Mack's mind and makes him crash into the pushcarts?
4. List the main points of the Mayor's address regarding the peace march.
5. What does General Anna say to Maxie Hammerman when she sees the repairs done to her pushcart, and what is Maxie's reaction?
6. What are some of the complaints posed by the letters to the editor?
7. Why is the truce so much harder on the pushcart vendors than on the truck drivers?
8. What is the attitude of Mayor Emmet P. Cudd to the many letters to the editor being printed in the newspapers?
9. How does Maxie Hammerman explain away the notations he'd made on the map about the names of pushcart vendors and the numbers?
10. What is Maxie's theory of war with regard to money?
This section contains 1,032 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)