|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does Buddy Wisser come up with his proposal?
(a) From Frank the Flower.
(b) From Big Moe.
(c) From Wenda Gambling.
(d) From General Anna.
2. What does Papa Paretz give each of the truck drivers who agree to their terms?
(a) An apple and a pear.
(b) A handful of flowers.
(c) A hot dog.
(d) A bag of pretzels.
3. How much does Maxie win during the game?
4. Where is the recording of the interview between the Police Commissioner and Maxie Hammerman?
(a) Filed with the newspapers.
(b) Maxie's office.
(d) The New York City Police Department.
5. Why does Maxie say it's better to have enemies you already know?
(a) They aren't as mean as some people.
(b) You already have their addresses.
(c) The Police Commissioner knows who they are.
(d) It's easier to guess what they'll do.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the Police Commissioner advise the Mayor to do?
2. What does Buddy Wisser propose as a compromise to the number of trucks allowed in the city?
3. Who attends the meeting called by The Three following the poker game at Maxie Hammerman's?
4. Who built General Anna's pushcart?
5. What does Maxie say all the pushcart vendors should do immediately?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Maxie explain his consistent winnings at the poker table?
2. What happens to Morris the Florist during the march?
3. Why is the truce so much harder on the pushcart vendors than on the truck drivers?
4. What does the Police Commissioner say is wrong with following the demands of the truckers?
5. Why does Miriam Portlette take notes of the meeting of The Three?
6. What is Maxie's plan to deal with The Three?
7. How do the notes come to the attention of the pushcart vendors?
8. What is it that goes through Mack's mind and makes him crash into the pushcarts?
9. List two ways the movie of the pushcart war differed from the actual events.
10. What are some of the complaints posed by the letters to the editor?
This section contains 954 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)