|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Maxie say it's better to have enemies you already know?
(a) They aren't as mean as some people.
(b) It's easier to guess what they'll do.
(c) The Police Commissioner knows who they are.
(d) You already have their addresses.
2. Who breaks Maxie Hammerman's radio?
(a) Albert P. Mack.
(b) Maxie Hammerman.
(c) General Anna.
(d) Mr. Jerusalem.
3. What do people throw at the trucks on Beecker Street?
(a) Cabbage and lettuce.
(b) Canteloupes and apples.
(c) Tomatoes and melons.
(d) All kinds of fruits and vegetables.
4. Where does Mr. Jerusalem spend the night?
(a) At his apartment.
(b) Maxie's shop.
(c) In the park as usual.
(d) Genearl Anna's.
5. What is Papa Peretz doing at 10:05?
(a) Selling hot dogs.
(b) Selling pretzels.
(c) Walting with a customer.
(d) Setlling flowers.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the Mayor say about the meeting between The Three and Maxie Hammerman?
2. What plot is the result of a meeting by The Three.
3. What does the restaurant owner say he wants added to the charges against Mack?
4. What is Mr. Jerusalem's plan called?
5. Who claims ownership of the pea shooters after the Pea Tack Squad finds them?
Short Essay Questions
1. What are some of the complaints posed by the letters to the editor?
2. What are the four demands made by the truckers in their manifesto?
3. List at least four of the conditions of the peace treaty.
4. What is Maxie's plan to deal with The Three?
5. What does the Police Commissioner say is wrong with following the demands of the truckers?
6. Why does Maxie Hammerman say he won't give the shorthand notes on the meeting of The Three to the newspaper?
7. What is it that goes through Mack's mind and makes him crash into the pushcarts?
8. What happens to Morris the Florist during the march?
9. How do the notes come to the attention of the pushcart vendors?
10. What role do the pushcart vendors play in the battle at Beecker Street?
This section contains 923 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)