|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where is Ms. Portlett taking shorthand classes?
(a) Seward Park High School.
(b) South Pacific High School.
(c) Streetsboro High School.
(d) South Park High School.
2. What does Papa Paretz give each of the truck drivers who agree to their terms?
(a) A hot dog.
(b) A bag of pretzels.
(c) A handful of flowers.
(d) An apple and a pear.
3. What is Papa Peretz doing at 10:05?
(a) Selling hot dogs.
(b) Walting with a customer.
(c) Setlling flowers.
(d) Selling pretzels.
4. How long does it take for the truck tires to be repaired so that the trucks return to the streets?
(a) A month.
(b) A week.
(c) An hour.
(d) A day.
5. What does Maxie Hammerman use to write the words "war chest" on the side of his tool box?
(a) Blue paint.
(b) Axle grease.
(c) Red paint.
(d) Yellow paint.
6. How many pushcarts are destroyed?
(b) About eighty.
(c) About eight.
7. Where is Mack's cell?
(a) Directly across from Frank the Flower.
(b) Right beside Frank the Flower.
(c) Across the street from Frank the Flower.
(d) On the floor above Frank the Flower.
8. What is the public property destruction the Mayor mentions?
(a) The fire hydrant.
(b) The diner.
(c) Mack's load of goods.
(d) The pushcarts.
9. What does General Anna say should be a condition of the peace?
(a) That there be only trains in the city.
(b) That there be no trucks in the city.
(c) That there be only big trucks in the city.
(d) That there be only taxis in the city.
10. Where is Wenda Gambling when the raid occurs?
(a) At Maxie's.
(b) At home.
(c) At Posey's.
(d) In Africa.
11. What are Eddie and Maxie drinking after the card game?
(a) Cream soda.
(c) Root beer.
12. What prompts the many letters to the editor about the pushcarts?
(a) The story of Mack hitting Frank the Flower.
(b) The story of Mack hitting General Anna.
(c) The photo of Mack hitting Harry the Hot Dog.
(d) The photo of Mack hitting Morris the Florist.
13. What is designed into the dart board in Frank's cell?
14. What does Maxie say you must have in order to fight a war?
15. Why does Ms. Portlette not stay until the end of the meeting?
(a) She has run out of paper.
(b) Her pencil broke.
(c) She is tired of sitting.
(d) She has three more offices to map.
Short Answer Questions
1. How much warning does Maxie Hammerman have that the Pea Tack Squad are going to raid his shop in search of pea pins?
2. What is the act drawn up during the peace treaty and adopted by the City Council?
3. What does Maxie say is the purpose of the gold pins?
4. What plot is the result of a meeting by The Three.
5. What does Maxie say all the pushcart vendors should do immediately?
This section contains 539 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)