|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the date of the opening of the Pushcart Peace Conference?
(a) July 5.
(b) July 4.
(c) May 12.
(d) July 13.
2. Which of the divisions runs into trouble during the peace march?
(a) The one led by General Anna.
(b) The one led by Mr. Jerusalem.
(c) The one led by Harry Hot Dog.
(d) The one led By Papa Peretz.
3. Who does Wenda Gambling marry?
(a) Joey Kafflis.
(b) Albert P. Mack.
(c) Emmet P. Cudd.
(d) Maxie Hammerman.
4. How many divisions do the pushcart vendors form on the day of the peace march?
(d) Two .
5. What is Mr. Jerusalem's plan called?
(a) The Peach March.
(b) The Public March.
(c) Pretty Sneaky.
(d) The Peaceful Pushcarts.
6. What does Larry Gilbert, age 8, say he'll miss if the pushcarts aren't allowed to operate?
(a) Pretzels to feed the ducks.
(b) Peanuts to feed the squirrels.
(c) Hot dogs to feed his puppy.
(d) Ice cream to feed your his sister.
7. What does General Anna say should be a condition of the peace?
(a) That there be only big trucks in the city.
(b) That there be only trains in the city.
(c) That there be no trucks in the city.
(d) That there be only taxis in the city.
8. What is designed into the dart board in Frank's cell?
9. How many hands of poker does Eddie say Maxie played to win the $60,000?
(a) He doesn't say.
(b) Five .
10. What does Maxie say is the purpose of the gold pins?
(a) To mark when hot dog vendors sold more than three dozen dogs.
(b) To mark when the pushcarts have a terrific day.
(c) To mark when the big trucks have a flat.
(d) To mark when there was a major pushcart accident.
11. What does the Police Commissioner say will happen to anyone who breaks the truce?
(a) They'll have their pushcart smashed.
(b) They'll be arrested.
(c) They'll have their license taken away.
(d) They'll be banned from the city.
12. What is the fifth clause of the peace treaty?
(a) That Frank the Flower be released from jail.
(b) That Mayor Cudd step down.
(c) That Albert Mack be sent to jail.
(d) That the Police Commissioner step down.
13. What happens to General Anna's pushcart?
(a) The bumper is smashed.
(b) The tire is flattened.
(c) The handle is broken.
(d) The wheel is ripped off.
14. What does Maxie say all the pushcart vendors should do immediately?
(a) Get their pushcarts off the street.
(b) Give up and leave the city.
(c) Go to the park for another demonstration.
(d) Turn themselves in.
15. Who is driving the truck that encounters the division on Greene Street?
(a) Big Moe.
(b) Albert P. Mack.
(c) Maxie Hammerman.
(d) Louie Livergeen.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does the Police Commissioner put his gun after the arrival of The Three?
2. How many pushcarts gather on Bleecker Street the day after the pushcart war officially ends?
3. What does Buddy Wisser propose as a compromise to the number of trucks allowed in the city?
4. Why does Maxie Hammerman say the pushcart war was fought?
5. What is Papa Peretz doing at 10:05?
This section contains 557 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)