|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How many divisions do the pushcart vendors form on the day of the peace march?
(b) Two .
2. What does Maxie say he's paying for with the check he writes to Big Moe?
(a) A truck.
(b) A sports car.
(c) A bullet-proof car.
(d) A pushcart.
3. What is Mr. Jerusalem's plan called?
(a) Pretty Sneaky.
(b) The Peach March.
(c) The Public March.
(d) The Peaceful Pushcarts.
4. Who does Maxie invite to his meeting with The Three?
(a) All the pushcart vendors and the Police Commissioners.
(b) Eddie Maroney, General Anna and the Police Commissioner.
(c) Eddie Maroney and the Police Commissioner.
(d) Harry Hot Dog, Morris the Florist and the Police Commissioner.
5. What does Maxie say is the purpose of the map of New York City that was found in his shop?
(a) He says it's a map he uses to track hot dog vendors.
(b) He says it's a map he uses to track the number of pushcart accidents.
(c) He says it's a map he uses to track pushcart business.
(d) He says it's a map he uses to track flats.
6. Who breaks Maxie Hammerman's radio?
(a) Albert P. Mack.
(b) General Anna.
(c) Maxie Hammerman.
(d) Mr. Jerusalem.
7. How much does Maxie win during the game?
8. Why does Ms. Portlette not stay until the end of the meeting?
(a) She has three more offices to map.
(b) Her pencil broke.
(c) She is tired of sitting.
(d) She has run out of paper.
9. What does Maxie say all the pushcart vendors should do immediately?
(a) Turn themselves in.
(b) Get their pushcarts off the street.
(c) Give up and leave the city.
(d) Go to the park for another demonstration.
10. Who does the Police Commissioner report to after his interview with Maxie Hammerman?
(a) That Maxie will eventually break under the pressure.
(b) That he believes Maxie is lying.
(c) That he doesn't know what to think.
(d) That he sees no reason to keep Maxie in jail.
11. Who built General Anna's pushcart?
(a) Eddie Maroney.
(b) Harry the Hot Dog.
(c) Maxie's father.
12. What does Eddie say the pushcart vendors would have done if Maxie had been kidnapped?
(b) Gone to the Police Commissioner.
(c) Gone to the newspapers.
(d) Fought harder.
13. What is the act drawn up during the peace treaty and adopted by the City Council?
(a) The Courtesy Act.
(b) The Kindness Act.
(c) The Pushcart Law.
(d) The Truckers Rights.
14. Who is Harold L. Kugelman?
(a) The Mayor.
(b) Harry the Hot Dog.
(c) The Pushcart King.
(d) The Police Commissioner.
15. What does Maxie say is the purpose of the gold pins?
(a) To mark when hot dog vendors sold more than three dozen dogs.
(b) To mark when there was a major pushcart accident.
(c) To mark when the pushcarts have a terrific day.
(d) To mark when the big trucks have a flat.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Maxie hauling on the day of the peace march?
2. How much warning does Maxie Hammerman have that the Pea Tack Squad are going to raid his shop in search of pea pins?
3. What is used as darts for Frank's dartboard?
4. What does General Anna say is the first thing the pushcart vendors must not do?
5. What is the name of the girl who says she now wants to be a Pushcart Queen?
This section contains 555 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)