|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where is the recording of the interview between the Police Commissioner and Maxie Hammerman?
(a) The New York City Police Department.
(c) Maxie's office.
(d) Filed with the newspapers.
2. What does the Mayor say about the meeting between The Three and Maxie Hammerman?
(a) That it will take place at the police station.
(b) That it won't take place.
(c) That Maxie can't attend becasue he's to be arrested.
(d) That a meeting wouldn't accomplish anything.
3. What does the second grade class of Public School 42 say they'll miss if the pushcarts aren't allowed to operate?
(a) Ice cream for themselves.
(b) Cardboard boxes for their school supplies.
(c) Peanuts for the squirrels on their playground.
(d) Apples for their teacher.
4. Where are Ms. Portlett's notes today?
(a) They were destroyed.
(b) Maxie Hammerman's office.
(c) The Mayor's office.
(d) The New York Public LIbrary.
5. Who built General Anna's pushcart?
(b) Harry the Hot Dog.
(c) Maxie's father.
(d) Eddie Maroney.
6. What does the Police Commissioner say will happen to anyone who breaks the truce?
(a) They'll have their license taken away.
(b) They'll be banned from the city.
(c) They'll have their pushcart smashed.
(d) They'll be arrested.
7. What is the date of the opening of the Pushcart Peace Conference?
(a) July 4.
(b) May 12.
(c) July 5.
(d) July 13.
8. Who does the Police Commissioner report to after his interview with Maxie Hammerman?
(a) That he doesn't know what to think.
(b) That he sees no reason to keep Maxie in jail.
(c) That Maxie will eventually break under the pressure.
(d) That he believes Maxie is lying.
9. Where is the statue of General Anna?
(a) Beecker Street.
(b) The City Library.
(c) Tompkins Sqaure Park.
(d) City Hall.
10. What does Maxie say is the purpose of the red pins in the map?
(a) To mark when hot dog vendors sold more than a dozen dogs.
(b) To mark when the pushcarts have a good day.
(c) To mark when there was a very minor pushcart accident.
(d) To mark when the trucks had a flat.
11. Where does Mack first stop his truck?
(a) About a block from the pushcarts.
(b) About thirty feet from the pushcarts.
(c) About a foot from the pushcarts.
(d) About ten feet from the pushcarts.
12. What does Maxie say is the purpose of the map of New York City that was found in his shop?
(a) He says it's a map he uses to track hot dog vendors.
(b) He says it's a map he uses to track the number of pushcart accidents.
(c) He says it's a map he uses to track flats.
(d) He says it's a map he uses to track pushcart business.
13. Why does the Police Commissioner go to Mack's cell?
(a) He has complaints from Frank the Flower.
(b) He has complaints from the officers.
(c) He wants to see if Mack is ready to give up.
(d) He hears Mack's yelling from his office.
14. What kind of truck is Mack driving?
(a) A Mama Mammoth.
(b) A Baby Mammoth.
(c) A Pushcart Mammoth.
(d) A Mighty Mammoth.
15. Who attends the meeting called by The Three following the poker game at Maxie Hammerman's?
(a) All the truck drivers.
(b) All the pushcart vendors.
(c) The Three and the Police Commissioner.
(d) The Three and the Mayor.
Short Answer Questions
1. What role does General Anna say she wants to play in the plan proposed by Mr. Jerusalem?
2. Why does Ms. Portlette not stay until the end of the meeting?
3. What happens to make Mack lose control of his truck?
4. What are Eddie and Maxie drinking after the card game?
5. How does General Anna get a message in to Maxie?
This section contains 649 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)