|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who claims ownership of the pea shooters after the Pea Tack Squad finds them?
(a) Wenda Gambling.
(b) Mr. Posey.
(c) Frank the Flower.
(d) Maxie Hammerman.
2. Where is the recording of the interview between the Police Commissioner and Maxie Hammerman?
(a) Filed with the newspapers.
(b) The New York City Police Department.
(d) Maxie's office.
3. How many people does the Mayor say signed the manifesto?
(b) Five thousand.
(d) Fifty thousand.
4. What do the truck drivers threaten to do if the Mayor doesn't meet their demands?
(a) Declare war on the truck drivers.
(b) Stop delivering goods.
(c) Make the traffic congestion worse.
(d) Declare war on the pushcarts.
5. What does the Mayor say about the meeting between The Three and Maxie Hammerman?
(a) That it won't take place.
(b) That it will take place at the police station.
(c) That Maxie can't attend becasue he's to be arrested.
(d) That a meeting wouldn't accomplish anything.
6. What does Maxie say is the purpose of the red pins in the map?
(a) To mark when the trucks had a flat.
(b) To mark when the pushcarts have a good day.
(c) To mark when hot dog vendors sold more than a dozen dogs.
(d) To mark when there was a very minor pushcart accident.
7. What is the act drawn up during the peace treaty and adopted by the City Council?
(a) The Kindness Act.
(b) The Courtesy Act.
(c) The Pushcart Law.
(d) The Truckers Rights.
8. How do the pushcart vendors learn about the Mayor's decision regarding pushcarts?
(a) They see a television address.
(b) They hear a radio address.
(c) The police arrive with the news.
(d) They read it in the newspaper.
9. What is the name of the girl who says she now wants to be a Pushcart Queen?
(a) Melissa Cudd.
(b) Mary Margaret.
(c) Alicia Hammerman.
(d) Alice Myles.
10. What does General Anna say is the first thing the pushcart vendors must not do?
(a) Pay Maxie's bail.
(b) Make more pea shooters.
(d) Send Maxie an apple.
11. What does the second grade class of Public School 42 say they'll miss if the pushcarts aren't allowed to operate?
(a) Cardboard boxes for their school supplies.
(b) Ice cream for themselves.
(c) Peanuts for the squirrels on their playground.
(d) Apples for their teacher.
12. Why does the Police Commissioner go to Mack's cell?
(a) He hears Mack's yelling from his office.
(b) He has complaints from Frank the Flower.
(c) He wants to see if Mack is ready to give up.
(d) He has complaints from the officers.
13. Where does Mack first stop his truck?
(a) About ten feet from the pushcarts.
(b) About a block from the pushcarts.
(c) About thirty feet from the pushcarts.
(d) About a foot from the pushcarts.
14. How many police cars are sent to the scene at Beecker Street?
15. How much does Maxie win during the game?
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Buddy Wisser come up with his proposal?
2. What is the date of the opening of the Pushcart Peace Conference?
3. What does Maxie say is the purpose of the map of New York City that was found in his shop?
4. Who does the Police Commissioner report to after his interview with Maxie Hammerman?
5. What is the title of the newspaper article that says the pushcart war is over?
This section contains 626 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)