|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the name of the lady who takes notes that become known as the Portlette Papers?
(a) Miriam Portlette.
(b) Mable Portlette.
(c) Moe Portlette.
(d) Murtle Portlette.
2. Who attends the meeting called by The Three following the poker game at Maxie Hammerman's?
(a) All the pushcart vendors.
(b) The Three and the Mayor.
(c) All the truck drivers.
(d) The Three and the Police Commissioner.
3. What prompts the many letters to the editor about the pushcarts?
(a) The photo of Mack hitting Harry the Hot Dog.
(b) The photo of Mack hitting Morris the Florist.
(c) The story of Mack hitting General Anna.
(d) The story of Mack hitting Frank the Flower.
4. Where does Mr. Jerusalem spend the night?
(a) Genearl Anna's.
(b) Maxie's shop.
(c) At his apartment.
(d) In the park as usual.
5. What is the fifth clause of the peace treaty?
(a) That Frank the Flower be released from jail.
(b) That Albert Mack be sent to jail.
(c) That the Police Commissioner step down.
(d) That Mayor Cudd step down.
6. What do the truck drivers threaten to do if the Mayor doesn't meet their demands?
(a) Stop delivering goods.
(b) Make the traffic congestion worse.
(c) Declare war on the truck drivers.
(d) Declare war on the pushcarts.
7. What is used as darts for Frank's dartboard?
(b) Darning needles.
(c) Push pins.
(d) Pea tacks.
8. What does the Mayor say about the meeting between The Three and Maxie Hammerman?
(a) That it will take place at the police station.
(b) That a meeting wouldn't accomplish anything.
(c) That Maxie can't attend becasue he's to be arrested.
(d) That it won't take place.
9. Where does Maxie say he plans to be when The Three come to his shop?
(a) At his shop.
(b) At Eddie Maroney's.
(c) At a meeting of the pushcart vendors.
(d) At the Police Commissioner's house.
10. How many pushcarts are destroyed?
(a) About eight.
(d) About eighty.
11. How does General Anna get a message in to Maxie?
(a) Smuggles it in an apple.
(b) Smuggles it in a hot dog.
(c) Gives it to the police commissioner.
(d) Calls him.
12. What is written on General Anna's statue?
(a) General Anna.
(b) By Hand.
(c) The Pushcart Queen.
(d) She Won the War.
13. What plot is the result of a meeting by The Three.
(a) To tear up pushcarts.
(b) To bribe kids to stop causing tires.
(c) To kidnap Maxie Hammerman.
(d) To use tougher tires.
14. What does Buddy Wisser propose as a compromise to the number of trucks allowed in the city?
(a) The Truck Formula.
(b) The Flower Formula.
(c) The Truck/Pushcart Formula.
(d) The Big Truck/Little Truck Theory.
15. What does Maxie say he's paying for with the check he writes to Big Moe?
(a) A bullet-proof car.
(b) A pushcart.
(c) A truck.
(d) A sports car.
Short Answer Questions
1. How much warning does Maxie Hammerman have that the Pea Tack Squad are going to raid his shop in search of pea pins?
2. What time do the pushcart vendors assemble for the march?
3. What happens to make Mack lose control of his truck?
4. What is the date when Big Moe calls the Mayor with the news that he'll settle with the pushcarts?
5. What kind of truck is Mack driving?
This section contains 552 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)