|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 23.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Maxie tell the Police Commissioner he meant by the notation "By Hand" beside Anna's name?
(a) That Anna had caused her flats by hand.
(b) That Anna was to serve up lunch by hand.
(c) That Anna requires that he use only hand tools.
(d) That Anna expected to be greeted with a wave.
2. How many sections of the city report flats once they begin occurring again?
3. Who does the Police Commissioner report to after his interview with Maxie Hammerman?
(a) That he sees no reason to keep Maxie in jail.
(b) That Maxie will eventually break under the pressure.
(c) That he believes Maxie is lying.
(d) That he doesn't know what to think.
4. Why does Wenda Gambling say there is a traffic problem in New York?
(a) There are too many immovable objects.
(b) There are too many big trucks.
(c) There are too many taxis.
(d) There are too many pedestrians.
5. Where does Mr. Posey sell most of his peas?
(b) Pushcart vendors.
(c) Big packaging companies.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is one theory about how Frank could have caused all the flats?
2. What is "The Day the Traffic Stopped?"
3. How does Mr. Posey usually have his peas delivered?
4. What does Professor Lyman Cumberly say prompted the pushcart war?
5. What does the color gold signify on Maxie's man of the battle?
This section contains 298 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)