|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 23.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. On what date does the Mayor order the Pea Blockade?
(a) May 11.
(b) May 4.
(c) May 17.
(d) May 22.
2. What has General Anna discovered about her ability to aim?
(a) She misses about half.
(b) She can't aim at all.
(c) She aims better than anyone.
(d) She hasn't tried.
3. What does Professor Lyman Cumberly say prompted the pushcart war?
(a) The number of trucks on the streets.
(b) Wenda Gambling's remark about the big trucks.
(c) The heat.
(d) Freddie the Florist's bad attitude.
4. What does Maxie say is the purpose of the gold pins?
(a) To mark when the big trucks have a flat.
(b) To mark when hot dog vendors sold more than three dozen dogs.
(c) To mark when there was a major pushcart accident.
(d) To mark when the pushcarts have a terrific day.
5. Who does the Police Commissioner report to after his interview with Maxie Hammerman?
(a) That he believes Maxie is lying.
(b) That Maxie will eventually break under the pressure.
(c) That he sees no reason to keep Maxie in jail.
(d) That he doesn't know what to think.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where do the pushcart vendors hide their ammunition following Frank's arrest?
2. What does Maxie say is the purpose of the red pins in the map?
3. Where is the recording of the interview between the Police Commissioner and Maxie Hammerman?
4. Who is ordered to search incoming trucks for shipments of peas?
5. What is the newspaper headline the day after Frank the Flower's arrest?
This section contains 328 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)