|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is she paying for tuition?
(a) She is paying full tuition, and has worked out a payment plan.
(b) She is paying three-quarters, and the rest is a combination of scholarships and loans.
(c) She is paying half, and the other half is paid by scholarships.
(d) Nothing; she is getting a free ride.
2. What was Robert secretly terrified of, in regards to his career?
(a) He was afraid that he would never work again.
(b) He was afraid that Hal would rise up and steal his glory.
(c) He was afraid that he would never get a break from work.
(d) He was afraid that Catherine would get credit for his ideas.
3. Robert says he feels like no time has passed since he was...
(d) A child.
4. Who will help her pay for living expenses--books, food, gas, etc?
5. How far behind in school is Catherine, according to Robert?
(a) At least a year.
(b) At least two months.
(c) At least two years.
(d) At least a month.
6. When does Act 2, Scene 4 take place?
(a) Three and a half years earlier than Act 2, Scene 3.
(b) Immediately after Act 2, Scene 3.
(c) Immediately before Act 2, Scene 3.
(d) Three and a half years later than Act 2, Scene 3.
7. How does Hal want to check the proof?
(a) He wants to present the proof as evidence in the pending trial over its authorship.
(b) He wants to take it to some mathematicians at the university who are all familiar with Robert and his work.
(c) He wants to sit down with Robert and have a heart to heart.
(d) He wants Catherine to recite it to him from memory.
8. What is the lighting cue at the end of the scene?
(b) Lights to full.
(c) Lights to half.
9. What is Robert opposed to having for dinner?
10. Who does Hal want to speak with upon his return to the house?
11. Why has Catherine come to the house?
(a) She just happened to be driving by.
(b) She missed home and wanted to visit.
(c) No one picked up the phone when she called, and she got worried.
(d) She and Robert had planned to have dinner.
12. Why doesn't Claire believe Catherine about the proof?
(a) She thinks Catherine is emotionally unstable.
(b) She wrote the proof herself.
(c) She knows that Robert wrote the proof--he told her before his death.
(d) She knows that Catherine is terrible at mathematics.
13. When does Act 2, Scene 3 take place?
(a) The day of Act 2, Scene 2.
(b) The day of Act 1, Scene 1.
(c) The day before Act 2, Scene 2.
(d) The day after Act 2, Scene 2.
14. How much of Robert's ability does Claire think Catherine has inherited?
(a) Less than Claire, but Claire is not sure how much less.
(b) One quarter.
(c) One half.
(d) More than Claire, but Claire is not sure how much more.
15. According to Robert, if the thesis "feels done," then...
(a) It should be put down for a month and then rechecked.
(b) There are major errors.
(c) It should be published right away.
(d) It is done! Congratulations.
Short Answer Questions
1. When Claire asks Catherine to recite the proof, how does Catherine reply?
2. What does Catherine try to destroy at the end of Act 2, Scene 2?
3. Why does Robert yell at Catherine?
4. Why does Claire give the object to Hal?
5. What does Hal accidentally remind Robert when he says they will meet in a week, on the eleventh?
This section contains 689 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)