Final Test - Easy
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Robert yell at Catherine?
(a) He wants her to go on a walk with him, but she will not.
(b) He does not understand her mathematics, and gets upset.
(c) She insulted and upset him.
(d) He wants her to read the proof aloud, and she does not want to.
2. What is Catherine's explanation as to why she wrote the proof?
(a) She was so excited about math and life that the ideas could not be stopped.
(b) She does not claim to have written the proof.
(c) She was jealous of Robert and vowed that she could come up with something better.
(d) She was depressed because she had to quit school and move home, and decided she could learn the math herself.
3. Why was Catherine's drawer locked?
(a) The drawer is full of important legal documents.
(b) The key to the drawer has long been lost.
(c) The drawer is a place where she keeps private things.
(d) The drawer contains Robert's greatest works.
4. What time of year is it in Act 2, Scene 4?
5. Why doesn't Catherine want Hal to take the notebook?
(a) She is in love with him, but angry that is is trying to steal Claire's proof.
(b) She is in love with him and does not want him to leave at all, ever again.
(c) She is upset that he does not believe her, and thinks he will try to steal her proof.
(d) She is upset that he is trying to claim Robert's proof as his own.
6. What does Robert compare his creativity to?
(a) Jumping onto a train.
(b) Sitting on a geyser.
(c) Falling asleep in bed.
(d) Walking down the street.
7. What does Claire think about Hal's relationship with Catherine?
(a) She thinks Catherine made a huge mistake in marrying Hal.
(b) She thinks Hal and Catherine would have a beautiful relationship if they could just give it a chance.
(c) She thinks Catherine is fragile and Hal took complete advantage of her.
(d) She thinks Hal should be in a relationship with her, not Catherine.
8. How far behind in school is Catherine, according to Robert?
(a) At least two months.
(b) At least two years.
(c) At least a month.
(d) At least a year.
9. When does Act 2, Scene 4 take place?
(a) Three and a half years later than Act 2, Scene 3.
(b) Immediately after Act 2, Scene 3.
(c) Immediately before Act 2, Scene 3.
(d) Three and a half years earlier than Act 2, Scene 3.
10. How much of Robert's ability does Claire think Catherine has inherited?
(a) Less than Claire, but Claire is not sure how much less.
(b) One half.
(c) More than Claire, but Claire is not sure how much more.
(d) One quarter.
11. What has Catherine missed to come back to the house?
(a) She has missed a class.
(b) She has missed a shift at work.
(c) She has missed her favorite television program.
(d) She has missed a date.
12. Where is Robert sitting?
(a) In his study.
(b) In the kitchen.
(c) On the front lawn.
(d) On the porch.
13. Does Hal go with them to dinner?
(a) Yes, they have a lovely time.
(b) Yes, but he is uncomfortable and leaves before dinner arrives.
(c) No, he needs to take his thesis back and work on it.
(d) No, he can't, he has plans.
14. What object does Claire give to Hal before he leaves?
(a) A sheet of paper.
(b) A coffee cup.
(c) A plane ticket.
(d) The notebook.
15. Why is Catherine adamant that Robert could not have written the proof?
(a) Because she knows that Claire wrote the proof and is keeping it a secret.
(b) Because the proof is incorrect and full of errors, and Robert never made errors.
(c) Because, even during the good year when he was lucid, he was not able to do mathematics.
(d) Because, though he asked her to keep his secret, she knows that Hal wrote the proof.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who will help her pay for living expenses--books, food, gas, etc?
2. What is the lighting cue at the end of the scene?
3. Why doesn't Claire believe Catherine about the proof?
4. What is the stage direction for Catherine reading the proof?
5. Why can't Robert concentrate in the house?
This section contains 752 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)