|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When does Hal arrive in the scene?
(a) He never actually enters in the scene.
(b) He arrives in the beginning.
(c) He arrives in the middle.
(d) He arrives in the end.
2. What did Catherine think of Hal the first time they met?
(a) She thought he talked too much.
(b) She thought he was not boring.
(c) She thought he was terribly boring.
(d) She thought she loved him.
3. Why is Claire concerned after speaking with the policemen?
(a) They claimed Catherine was rude and abusive when they responded to her 911 call the evening before.
(b) The policemen have Catherine in custody, and she must pay the bail.
(c) The policemen have a new break in the case over Robert's death.
(d) They forced their way into Catherine's house, breaking things and trying to intimidate Catherine.
4. How old is Catherine turning?
5. What is a graphomaniac?
(a) A person who compulsively writes, though the writing may make no sense.
(b) A person who cannot abide the sight of paper.
(c) A person who makes lots and lots of graphs.
(d) A person who hates writing and avoids it at all costs.
6. Who thinks Robert should have been put in professional care?
7. How does Catherine know about Sophie Germain?
(a) They know each other personally and have been friends for years.
(b) Robert gave her a book about the woman.
(c) She learned about her in a college course.
(d) She was one of Catherine's teachers.
8. What does Catherine insist on searching before Hal leaves?
(a) His briefcase.
(b) His backpack.
(c) His wallet.
(d) His computer files.
9. Where does Claire live?
(b) Los Angeles.
(c) New York.
10. What is the lighting direction at the end of the scene?
(b) Lights to half.
(c) Lights to full.
11. How do Catherine and Hal feel at the top of the scene?
(a) They absolutely despise each other.
(b) Neither of them remember what happened last night.
(c) Very happy with each other and planning a wedding.
(d) Awkward toward each other.
12. Why is Hal hesitant after Catherine asks him about sex at the Conference?
(a) He is not sure that she is flirting with him, and does not want to make a bad impression.
(b) He is not sure if she likes him, and plans to give her a lie detector test to find out.
(c) He dislikes her and does not want to talk about sex.
(d) He dislikes her and is thinking of a way to leave.
13. What is happening in the house after the funeral?
(a) An auction.
(b) A press conference.
(c) A poetry reading.
(d) A party.
14. Why is Hal unhappy with his own work?
(a) He has stolen all his ideas from a colleague, and feels guilty.
(b) He thinks his ideas are trivial, and his most creative days are behind him.
(c) He only wants to play drums in his band; the math stuff is just a day job.
(d) His work is brilliant, but no one will recognize it.
15. What is Claire's relationship to Catherine?
(a) She is the housekeeper.
(b) She is Catherine's best friend.
(c) She is Catherine's sister.
(d) She is Catherine's mother.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Hal find the notebook?
2. What has become Claire's fiance's new hobby?
3. What mathematical principle is associated with Sophie Germain?
4. Is Catherine pleased that Hal kisses her?
5. How old was Robert when his illness began?
This section contains 635 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)