|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What has become Claire's fiance's new hobby?
(a) Model airplane making.
(b) Miniature ship building.
2. What were the police told when they responded to Catherine's 9-1-1 call?
(a) There was a murder.
(b) There was a fire.
(c) There was shoot out.
(d) There was a robbery.
3. What beauty product does Claire insist that Catherine try?
(a) Her conditioner.
(b) Her body wash.
(c) Her nail polish.
(d) Her face wash.
4. Why is Claire concerned after speaking with the policemen?
(a) The policemen have a new break in the case over Robert's death.
(b) The policemen have Catherine in custody, and she must pay the bail.
(c) They claimed Catherine was rude and abusive when they responded to her 911 call the evening before.
(d) They forced their way into Catherine's house, breaking things and trying to intimidate Catherine.
5. What is Claire's relationship to Catherine?
(a) She is Catherine's best friend.
(b) She is the housekeeper.
(c) She is Catherine's sister.
(d) She is Catherine's mother.
6. Is Catherine pleased that Hal kisses her?
(a) Yes, she kisses him back at the end of the scene.
(b) No, she promptly throws her beer at him and runs.
(c) Yes, she has been in love with him since they first met four years ago.
(d) No, she has no interest in him whatsoever.
7. Why is the proof so important?
(a) If it is correct, Hal will be famous for discovering the notebook.
(b) If it is correct, it may solve world hunger mathematically.
(c) If it is correct, they will each get a million dollar prize.
(d) If it is correct, it proves a centuries-old theory that many thought could not be proven.
8. How does Catherine treat the police officers?
(a) She is rude and borderline abusive.
(b) She is extremely polite.
(c) She is outgoing and inviting.
(d) She is very timid and quiet.
9. Why is Claire in town?
(a) She is in town for Catherine's birthday.
(b) She is in town for Robert's funeral.
(c) She is in town for Catherine's wedding.
(d) She is in town for her wedding.
10. Who is Sophie Germain?
(a) A woman who teaches at the University of Chicago and was very close to Robert.
(b) A woman Catherine previously thought was her mother.
(c) A woman who published great mathematical works under a pseudonym during the French Revolution.
(d) A woman whose husband stole her ideas and published her work under his name.
11. What has Claire given Catherine to wear to the funeral?
(a) A suit.
(b) A hat.
(c) A ring.
(d) A dress.
12. How many days has Catherine "lost"?
13. What does Hal do after Catherine quotes Gauss' letter to Sophie Germain?
(a) He laughs at her.
(b) He throws down his beer in anger.
(c) He kisses her.
(d) He exits.
14. What is Catherine wearing at the top of the scene?
(a) A swimsuit.
(b) A robe.
(c) A dress.
(d) A blouse and jeans.
15. What is Catherine's relation to Robert?
(a) She is his daughter.
(b) She is his sister.
(c) She is his boss.
(d) She is his wife.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Claire doing with the house?
2. What mathematical principle is associated with Sophie Germain?
3. What does Claire want to do after the funeral?
4. Why is Catherine upset with Claire at the end of Scene 2?
5. According to the letter Catherine has memorized, is Gauss pleased to discover the letters he has received are from a woman?
This section contains 676 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)