|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Catherine give to Hal?
(a) A ring that belonged to her mother.
(b) A backpack filled with notebooks.
(c) A cup of coffee meant for Claire.
(d) A key to the bottom drawer of the desk in Robert's office.
2. How does Catherine treat the police officers?
(a) She is very timid and quiet.
(b) She is outgoing and inviting.
(c) She is rude and borderline abusive.
(d) She is extremely polite.
3. Where does Hal find the notebook?
(a) Locked in a filing cabinet in the basement.
(b) Locked in a drawer in Robert's study.
(c) Locked in a safe deposit box in the kitchen.
(d) Locked in a chest in Catherine's room.
4. Why is Claire selling the house?
(a) She wants to help Catherine, and feels this is the only way.
(b) She has no regard for anything but money.
(c) She hates the house and always has.
(d) She cannot think of anything else to do with it.
5. What does Claire think of Hal when Catherine first tries to explain the events of the previous night?
(a) She thinks Catherine may be in a fight with him.
(b) She thinks Catherine may have imagined him.
(c) She thinks Hal is a delinquent.
(d) She thinks Hal sounds lovely, and hopes Catherine will want to have a double wedding.
6. How many notebooks did Robert leave behind?
7. In her conversation with Robert, why is Catherine worried?
(a) She thinks she may inherit the same illness as her father.
(b) She has lost her drivers' license.
(c) She thinks she heard an intruder.
(d) She thinks her mortgage payment may be overdue.
8. What does Claire want Catherine to do?
(a) Stay in the house where she and Robert lived.
(b) Go back to bed and rest.
(c) Go back to school in Chicago.
(d) Move to New York, where Claire can keep an eye on her.
9. What does Robert get Catherine for her birthday?
(a) A puppy.
10. Why did Hal not attempt to pursue Catherine after their initial meeting?
(a) He disliked Robert, and assumed he would dislike Catherine as well.
(b) He did not initially like Catherine at all, and avoided her at all costs.
(c) He was in love with Claire.
(d) He did not feel it was appropriate to flirt with his doctoral advisor's daughter.
11. Besides apartments, what other facilities has Claire scouted for Catherine?
(a) Mental health centers.
(b) Childcare centers.
12. What is Catherine wearing at the top of the scene?
(a) A swimsuit.
(b) A blouse and jeans.
(c) A robe.
(d) A dress.
13. Who thinks Robert should have been put in professional care?
14. What is happening in the house after the funeral?
(a) An auction.
(b) A poetry reading.
(c) A party.
(d) A press conference.
15. Why is Claire in town?
(a) She is in town for Robert's funeral.
(b) She is in town for Catherine's wedding.
(c) She is in town for Catherine's birthday.
(d) She is in town for her wedding.
Short Answer Questions
1. What organic chemical(s) is contained in the beauty product Claire wishes Catherine to try?
2. Who paid the mortgage on the house during Robert's illness?
3. What is Hal's full name?
4. Has Hal found anything coherent in the notebooks as of Act 1, Scene 3?
5. How do Catherine and Hal feel at the top of the scene?
This section contains 621 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)