|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What name does Claire call Catherine by?
2. What is a graphomaniac?
(a) A person who cannot abide the sight of paper.
(b) A person who makes lots and lots of graphs.
(c) A person who compulsively writes, though the writing may make no sense.
(d) A person who hates writing and avoids it at all costs.
3. How does Catherine treat the police officers?
(a) She is extremely polite.
(b) She is outgoing and inviting.
(c) She is very timid and quiet.
(d) She is rude and borderline abusive.
4. How old is Catherine turning?
5. What does Catherine insist on searching before Hal leaves?
(a) His backpack.
(b) His computer files.
(c) His wallet.
(d) His briefcase.
6. Why is Hal unhappy with his own work?
(a) He has stolen all his ideas from a colleague, and feels guilty.
(b) He only wants to play drums in his band; the math stuff is just a day job.
(c) He thinks his ideas are trivial, and his most creative days are behind him.
(d) His work is brilliant, but no one will recognize it.
7. At the beginning of the scene, what does Hal bring for Catherine to drink?
8. How did Robert die?
(a) A car accident.
(c) Heart failure.
9. Where does Scene 1 take place?
(a) The back porch of a house in Chicago
(b) The basement of a house in Chicago
(c) The back porch of a house in New York
(d) The basement of a house in New York
10. What is Catherine wearing at the top of the scene?
(a) A swimsuit.
(b) A dress.
(c) A blouse and jeans.
(d) A robe.
11. What is Claire doing with the house?
(a) She is burning it down.
(b) She is selling it to the University.
(c) She is fixing it up for Catherine.
(d) She and her fiance are moving into it.
12. How old was Robert when his illness began?
(a) Fifty-five or fifty-six.
(b) Sixteen or seventeen.
(c) Twenty-three or twenty-four.
(d) Thirty or thirty-one.
13. Whose idea was it to have the band play at the house after the funeral?
(a) Hal's idea.
(b) Robert's idea.
(c) Claire's idea.
(d) Catherine's idea.
14. Why is Claire selling the house?
(a) She hates the house and always has.
(b) She has no regard for anything but money.
(c) She cannot think of anything else to do with it.
(d) She wants to help Catherine, and feels this is the only way.
15. What were the police told when they responded to Catherine's 9-1-1 call?
(a) There was a robbery.
(b) There was shoot out.
(c) There was a fire.
(d) There was a murder.
Short Answer Questions
1. How many days has Catherine "lost"?
2. Who interrupts Catherine and Robert's conversation?
3. What is Hal's excuse for kissing Catherine?
4. How does Catherine take her coffee?
5. Why did Robert keep requesting that Catherine check out library books for him?
This section contains 557 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)