|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is a graphomaniac?
(a) A person who makes lots and lots of graphs.
(b) A person who hates writing and avoids it at all costs.
(c) A person who cannot abide the sight of paper.
(d) A person who compulsively writes, though the writing may make no sense.
2. Why did Robert keep requesting that Catherine check out library books for him?
(a) He thought that aliens were sending him messages through the Dewey decimal system and was working out the code.
(b) He had a goal to read every single book in the library.
(c) He had a vendetta against the library and wanted to take as many books as possible.
(d) He was building a large model out of library books in his office.
3. What were the police told when they responded to Catherine's 9-1-1 call?
(a) There was a murder.
(b) There was a fire.
(c) There was shoot out.
(d) There was a robbery.
4. What is happening in the house after the funeral?
(a) An auction.
(b) A press conference.
(c) A party.
(d) A poetry reading.
5. When is Claire's wedding, and where?
(a) November, in Miami.
(b) June, in Chicago.
(c) January, in New York City.
(d) August, in Boston.
6. How does Catherine treat the police officers?
(a) She is very timid and quiet.
(b) She is rude and borderline abusive.
(c) She is outgoing and inviting.
(d) She is extremely polite.
7. What does Claire want Catherine to do?
(a) Go back to school in Chicago.
(b) Stay in the house where she and Robert lived.
(c) Go back to bed and rest.
(d) Move to New York, where Claire can keep an eye on her.
8. What is the lighting direction at the end of the scene?
(b) Lights to full.
(c) Lights to half.
9. Whose idea was it to have the band play at the house after the funeral?
(a) Claire's idea.
(b) Catherine's idea.
(c) Robert's idea.
(d) Hal's idea.
10. Where does Catherine tell Claire to look for proof that Hal is real?
(a) In the sky.
(b) In the closet.
(c) In the upstaris bedroom.
(d) In the paper.
11. What fields did Robert, in his younger days, make significant contributions to, according to Hal?
(a) Biochemistry, zoology, and entomology.
(b) Weapons research, triangulation theory, and international politics.
(c) Contemporary american fiction, contemporary satire, and poetry.
(d) Game theory, algebraic geometry, and nonlinear operator theory.
12. How many days has Catherine "lost"?
13. What time of day does Catherine's conversation with Robert occur?
(a) Between 9:00PM and 10:00PM.
(b) Between 7:00AM and 8:00AM.
(c) Between 12:00AM and 1:00AM.
(d) Between 2:00PM and 3:00PM.
14. What mathematical principle is associated with Sophie Germain?
(a) Germain Angles.
(b) Germain Primes.
(c) Germain Algebra.
(d) Germain Quarters.
15. Why is Hal able to put the notebooks in order?
(a) Because he has carbon-dated the pages in a lab.
(b) Because Catherine has helped him organize.
(c) Because Robert dated every entry.
(d) Because the notebooks are color-coded.
Short Answer Questions
1. How do Catherine and Hal feel at the top of the scene?
2. Where did Claire want Catherine to stay, instead of coming back to the house to care for Robert?
3. What organic chemical(s) is contained in the beauty product Claire wishes Catherine to try?
4. Why is Hal at the house in Scene 1?
5. Is Catherine pleased that Hal kisses her?
This section contains 631 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)