|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Claire want to do after the funeral?
(a) She wants to have a quiet evening at home, just she and Catherine.
(b) She wants to have people over to the house.
(c) She wants to go straight to New York.
(d) She wants to go straight to Boston.
2. What is Catherine wearing at the top of the scene?
(a) A dress.
(b) A robe.
(c) A swimsuit.
(d) A blouse and jeans.
3. What mathematical principle is associated with Sophie Germain?
(a) Germain Angles.
(b) Germain Primes.
(c) Germain Algebra.
(d) Germain Quarters.
4. How is Claire related to Catherine?
(a) She is Catherine's cousin.
(b) She is Catherine's sister.
(c) She is Catherine's aunt.
(d) She is Catherine's mother.
5. What is Hal's excuse for kissing Catherine?
(a) He has been in love with her for four years.
(b) He's a little drunk.
(c) He thinks she owes him since he plays in the band.
(d) He thought she was Claire.
6. Why is Claire confused about Catherine's relationship to Hal?
(a) Because she does not know if they were partying together, if he was an intruder, or if he only exists in Catherine's mind.
(b) Because Hal and Robert are friends, but not Hal and Catherine.
(c) Because prior to this incident, she knows Catherine and Hal were the best of friends.
(d) Because Hal and Catherine were engaged to be married.
7. Who thinks Robert should have been put in professional care?
8. What is happening in the house after the funeral?
(a) An auction.
(b) A press conference.
(c) A party.
(d) A poetry reading.
9. How old was Robert when his illness began?
(a) Thirty or thirty-one.
(b) Twenty-three or twenty-four.
(c) Fifty-five or fifty-six.
(d) Sixteen or seventeen.
10. What organic chemical(s) is contained in the beauty product Claire wishes Catherine to try?
(b) Green tea extract.
(d) Vitamins and minerals.
11. What is Claire's finance's name?
12. Where does Claire live?
(c) Los Angeles.
(d) New York.
13. How did Hal and Catherine meet four years ago?
(a) At a supermarket in the frozen foods aisle.
(b) Catherine was in one of his classes.
(c) He was dropping off his thesis for Robert's perusal.
(d) At a party on campus.
14. When does Hal arrive in the scene?
(a) He arrives in the end.
(b) He arrives in the beginning.
(c) He never actually enters in the scene.
(d) He arrives in the middle.
15. Why did Claire stay up so late?
(a) She got caught with the physicists, and all her friends went home.
(b) She was arguing with Catherine.
(c) She was working on a very important paper.
(d) She could not sleep.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Catherine know about Sophie Germain?
2. What was Hal's state of mind when he met Catherine four years ago?
3. Why did Hal not attempt to pursue Catherine after their initial meeting?
4. What does Catherine give to Hal?
5. What were the police told when they responded to Catherine's 9-1-1 call?
This section contains 622 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)