|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 2 Scene 5.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What name does Claire call Catherine by?
2. Why is the proof so important?
(a) If it is correct, it may solve world hunger mathematically.
(b) If it is correct, it proves a centuries-old theory that many thought could not be proven.
(c) If it is correct, Hal will be famous for discovering the notebook.
(d) If it is correct, they will each get a million dollar prize.
3. How did Hal and Catherine meet four years ago?
(a) At a party on campus.
(b) Catherine was in one of his classes.
(c) He was dropping off his thesis for Robert's perusal.
(d) At a supermarket in the frozen foods aisle.
4. Where is Robert sitting?
(a) On the porch.
(b) On the front lawn.
(c) In the kitchen.
(d) In his study.
5. According to the letter Catherine has memorized, is Gauss pleased to discover the letters he has received are from a woman?
(a) No, he thinks his ideas are the only valid ones.
(b) Yes, he regards her as courageous and genius.
(c) No, he thinks a woman's place is in the household.
(d) Yes, he hopes he can take her out on a date sometime.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why doesn't Claire believe Catherine about the proof?
2. Does Hal go with them to dinner?
3. Was Robert aware of Catherine's work on the proof?
4. What is she paying for tuition?
5. Does Hal think he can help Catherine?
This section contains 424 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)