|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 2 Scene 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When Claire asks Catherine to recite the proof, how does Catherine reply?
(a) "I can't recite it, because I didn't write it."
(b) "I'll recite it, but only to Hal."
(c) "I didn't memorize it. It's not a muffin recipe!"
(d) "Okay, fine. Here goes."
2. What is Claire's finance's name?
3. What does Claire think about Hal's suggestion to check the proof?
(a) Claire thinks his suggestion is terrible--she does not have time to go to trial.
(b) Claire thinks his suggestion is excellent--no one will be able to validate the authoship better than Robert.
(c) Claire thinks his suggestions is terrible--how could Catherine possibly recite the proof from memory?
(d) Claire thinks his suggestion is excellent--who better to check the proof than mathematicians who knew Robert?
4. Who is Sophie Germain?
(a) A woman Catherine previously thought was her mother.
(b) A woman who published great mathematical works under a pseudonym during the French Revolution.
(c) A woman who teaches at the University of Chicago and was very close to Robert.
(d) A woman whose husband stole her ideas and published her work under his name.
5. What is Catherine's relation to Robert?
(a) She is his boss.
(b) She is his sister.
(c) She is his wife.
(d) She is his daughter.
Short Answer Questions
1. Whose idea was it to have the band play at the house after the funeral?
2. Who was Claire drinking with the night before?
3. Whose handwriting does Claire think the proof is written in?
4. Where does Catherine reveal she is going to school?
5. When does Hal arrive in the scene?
This section contains 306 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)