|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 2 Scene 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why did Hal not attempt to pursue Catherine after their initial meeting?
(a) He was in love with Claire.
(b) He did not initially like Catherine at all, and avoided her at all costs.
(c) He did not feel it was appropriate to flirt with his doctoral advisor's daughter.
(d) He disliked Robert, and assumed he would dislike Catherine as well.
2. How does Catherine take her coffee?
(a) With only sugar.
(c) With sugar and cream.
(d) With only cream.
3. What does Catherine give to Hal?
(a) A key to the bottom drawer of the desk in Robert's office.
(b) A backpack filled with notebooks.
(c) A cup of coffee meant for Claire.
(d) A ring that belonged to her mother.
4. What is she paying for tuition?
(a) She is paying three-quarters, and the rest is a combination of scholarships and loans.
(b) She is paying half, and the other half is paid by scholarships.
(c) She is paying full tuition, and has worked out a payment plan.
(d) Nothing; she is getting a free ride.
5. When does the first scene on Act 2 take place?
(a) It takes place at the same time as Act 1
(b) It takes place an instant after the end of Act 1
(c) It takes place five years before Act 1
(d) It takes place five years after Act 1
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Robert joke that Chicago beer comes from?
2. What does Robert love about bookstores in September?
3. Does Hal go with them to dinner?
4. Why is Hal skeptical about Catherine's claim?
5. What is the lighting direction at the end of the scene?
This section contains 387 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)