|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 1 Scene 4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why is the proof so important?
(a) If it is correct, it may solve world hunger mathematically.
(b) If it is correct, it proves a centuries-old theory that many thought could not be proven.
(c) If it is correct, they will each get a million dollar prize.
(d) If it is correct, Hal will be famous for discovering the notebook.
2. Who interrupts Catherine and Robert's conversation?
(b) A passerby.
(c) A stray dog.
3. Why is Hal unhappy with his own work?
(a) His work is brilliant, but no one will recognize it.
(b) He has stolen all his ideas from a colleague, and feels guilty.
(c) He only wants to play drums in his band; the math stuff is just a day job.
(d) He thinks his ideas are trivial, and his most creative days are behind him.
4. What is the proof?
(a) A mathematical theorem about geometry.
(b) Evidence in a criminal case involving Catherine.
(c) Evidence in a criminal case involving Robert.
(d) A mathematical theorem about prime numbers.
5. Whose idea was it to have the band play at the house after the funeral?
(a) Hal's idea.
(b) Claire's idea.
(c) Robert's idea.
(d) Catherine's idea.
Short Answer Questions
1. What has become Claire's fiance's new hobby?
2. What is Catherine's relation to Robert?
3. What does Claire think Hal is to Catherine?
4. According to Hal, what happens when a mathematician turns fifty?
5. What is Hal's excuse for kissing Catherine?
This section contains 330 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)