|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 1 Scene 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who interrupts Catherine and Robert's conversation?
(a) A passerby.
(d) A stray dog.
2. What does Claire make Catherine for breakfast?
(a) Nothing; as far as she is concerned, Catherine can make her own breakfast.
(b) Bagels, fruit, and coffee.
(d) Bacon and eggs.
3. What name does Claire call Catherine by?
4. Why is Hal unhappy with his own work?
(a) He has stolen all his ideas from a colleague, and feels guilty.
(b) He only wants to play drums in his band; the math stuff is just a day job.
(c) He thinks his ideas are trivial, and his most creative days are behind him.
(d) His work is brilliant, but no one will recognize it.
5. Where did Catherine get the dress she wore to the funeral?
(a) She already had it.
(b) Robert gave it to her.
(c) Hal gave it to her.
(d) Claire gave it to her.
Short Answer Questions
1. How is Claire related to Catherine?
2. Why does Hal attempt to steal the notebook?
3. What does Claire think of Hal when Catherine first tries to explain the events of the previous night?
4. What does Claire think Hal is to Catherine?
5. Where did Hal go to the mathematician conference?
This section contains 322 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)