|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 1 Scene 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Hal attempt to steal the notebook?
(a) He wants to keep the notebook for sentimental reasons.
(b) He wants to wrap it, and give it to Catherine as a birthday present.
(c) He plans to sell the notebook and make a profit.
(d) He wants to publish the ideas in the notebook as his own.
2. What mathematical principle is associated with Sophie Germain?
(a) Germain Algebra.
(b) Germain Primes.
(c) Germain Angles.
(d) Germain Quarters.
3. What beauty product does Claire insist that Catherine try?
(a) Her face wash.
(b) Her nail polish.
(c) Her conditioner.
(d) Her body wash.
4. What is Hal's excuse for kissing Catherine?
(a) He thought she was Claire.
(b) He has been in love with her for four years.
(c) He thinks she owes him since he plays in the band.
(d) He's a little drunk.
5. Who is Sophie Germain?
(a) A woman who published great mathematical works under a pseudonym during the French Revolution.
(b) A woman whose husband stole her ideas and published her work under his name.
(c) A woman who teaches at the University of Chicago and was very close to Robert.
(d) A woman Catherine previously thought was her mother.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why did Hal not attempt to pursue Catherine after their initial meeting?
2. When is Claire's wedding, and where?
3. According to Hal, what happens when a mathematician turns fifty?
4. How did Hal and Catherine meet four years ago?
5. Why is Hal unhappy with his own work?
This section contains 397 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)