|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 1 Scene 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What was Robert's occupation?
(a) A mathematician and teacher at the University of Chicago.
(b) A plumber and handyman in Chicago.
(c) A salesman in Boston.
(d) A physicist at New York University.
2. Why does Hal say some of the older mathematicians use amphetamines?
(a) They think they need the drugs to stay sharp; math is a young man's game.
(b) They are bored with being brilliant and have nothing better to do.
(c) They are insecure and trying to fit in with the other mathematicians.
(d) They are the easiest drugs to attain on the college campus.
3. What beauty product does Claire insist that Catherine try?
(a) Her conditioner.
(b) Her nail polish.
(c) Her face wash.
(d) Her body wash.
4. What were the police told when they responded to Catherine's 9-1-1 call?
(a) There was shoot out.
(b) There was a murder.
(c) There was a fire.
(d) There was a robbery.
5. What is the lighting direction at the end of the scene?
(a) Lights to full.
(d) Lights to half.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Claire want Catherine to come to New York?
2. What is Imaginary Number, or i?
3. How many notebooks did Robert leave behind?
4. Why is Hal hesitant after Catherine asks him about sex at the Conference?
5. Who is Sophie Germain?
This section contains 395 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)