|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 2 Scene 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why is Hal unhappy with his own work?
(a) He thinks his ideas are trivial, and his most creative days are behind him.
(b) He has stolen all his ideas from a colleague, and feels guilty.
(c) He only wants to play drums in his band; the math stuff is just a day job.
(d) His work is brilliant, but no one will recognize it.
2. What was Claire trying to do in her conversation with Catherine?
(a) She was trying to figure out if Hal was taken or not.
(b) She was trying to figure out if Robert was alive.
(c) She was trying to commit Catherine to a hospital.
(d) She was trying to make decisions, not start an argument.
3. What is the proof?
(a) A mathematical theorem about geometry.
(b) A mathematical theorem about prime numbers.
(c) Evidence in a criminal case involving Robert.
(d) Evidence in a criminal case involving Catherine.
4. Who apologizes to whom about the events from the night before? (i.e., the fight, the 9-1-1 call, and the attempted theft)?
(a) No one apologizes--they are still in a fight.
(b) Hal apologizes to Catherine--he should not have tried to take the notebook.
(c) Catherine apologizes to Hal--she should not have called the police.
(d) They apologize to each other--they both handled the situation poorly.
5. Where does Claire live?
(a) New York.
(d) Los Angeles.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Hal attempt to steal the notebook?
2. Who will help her pay for living expenses--books, food, gas, etc?
3. When does Hal arrive in the scene?
4. What is Claire's relationship to Catherine?
5. Why has Catherine waited so long to inform Robert of her plans?
This section contains 419 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)