|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 2 Scene 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did Catherine think of Hal the first time they met?
(a) She thought she loved him.
(b) She thought he was terribly boring.
(c) She thought he talked too much.
(d) She thought he was not boring.
2. What was Robert's occupation?
(a) A salesman in Boston.
(b) A physicist at New York University.
(c) A mathematician and teacher at the University of Chicago.
(d) A plumber and handyman in Chicago.
3. In her conversation with Robert, why is Catherine worried?
(a) She thinks her mortgage payment may be overdue.
(b) She thinks she may inherit the same illness as her father.
(c) She thinks she heard an intruder.
(d) She has lost her drivers' license.
4. Why does Hal attempt to steal the notebook?
(a) He wants to publish the ideas in the notebook as his own.
(b) He wants to keep the notebook for sentimental reasons.
(c) He plans to sell the notebook and make a profit.
(d) He wants to wrap it, and give it to Catherine as a birthday present.
5. Who interrupts Catherine and Robert's conversation?
(a) A passerby.
(b) A stray dog.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Catherine treat the police officers?
2. Why is the proof so important?
3. Why did Robert keep requesting that Catherine check out library books for him?
4. Does Hal go with them to dinner?
5. What does Claire want to do after the funeral?
This section contains 413 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)