|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 2 Scene 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How many days has Catherine "lost"?
2. What has become Claire's fiance's new hobby?
(b) Model airplane making.
(d) Miniature ship building.
3. Why does Hal attempt to steal the notebook?
(a) He wants to keep the notebook for sentimental reasons.
(b) He wants to wrap it, and give it to Catherine as a birthday present.
(c) He plans to sell the notebook and make a profit.
(d) He wants to publish the ideas in the notebook as his own.
4. What does Claire think of Hal when Catherine first tries to explain the events of the previous night?
(a) She thinks Hal sounds lovely, and hopes Catherine will want to have a double wedding.
(b) She thinks Catherine may be in a fight with him.
(c) She thinks Catherine may have imagined him.
(d) She thinks Hal is a delinquent.
5. Has Hal found anything coherent in the notebooks as of Act 1, Scene 3?
(a) No, the only lucid notebook is the one he tried to give to Catherine on her birthday.
(b) No, but he is not really reading the notebooks anyway--he just wants to go to band practice.
(c) Yes, he has already made off with ten notebooks and is planning to write a book.
(d) Yes, he has found something profound in almost every notebook.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the time period in Act 2, Scene 1?
2. What beauty product does Claire insist that Catherine try?
3. Where does Robert joke that Chicago beer comes from?
4. What is the proof?
5. Why is Hal at the house in Scene 1?
This section contains 350 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)