|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 2 Scene 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How many people are left at the party?
(a) 20 people, all Catherine's friends.
(b) 10 people, all Claire's friends.
(c) 40 people, all mathematicians.
(d) No one--they all left right after the funeral.
2. Why did Hal not attempt to pursue Catherine after their initial meeting?
(a) He was in love with Claire.
(b) He did not feel it was appropriate to flirt with his doctoral advisor's daughter.
(c) He disliked Robert, and assumed he would dislike Catherine as well.
(d) He did not initially like Catherine at all, and avoided her at all costs.
3. What is the lighting direction at the end of the scene?
(b) Lights to full.
(c) Lights to half.
4. What does Claire ask Hal to do before he leaves?
(a) She asks him to explain the proof to her.
(b) She asks him never to come back.
(c) She asks him to come visit in New York.
(d) She asks him to come visit in Chicago.
5. According to the letter Catherine has memorized, is Gauss pleased to discover the letters he has received are from a woman?
(a) No, he thinks his ideas are the only valid ones.
(b) Yes, he hopes he can take her out on a date sometime.
(c) Yes, he regards her as courageous and genius.
(d) No, he thinks a woman's place is in the household.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Hal say some of the older mathematicians use amphetamines?
2. What does Catherine request for dinner?
3. What does Hal have to give to Robert?
4. What does Robert begin to write at the end of Act 2, Scene 1?
5. Why is Hal unhappy with his own work?
This section contains 448 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)