|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Did Norris always oppose President Wilson's measures?
2. Why did the six Republicans say they would not vote to convict President Johnson?
3. What was the Jay Treaty and why did President Washington support it?
4. Why did Taft speak out against the War Crimes Trials and the Nuremberg Trials?
5. Under what law was President Andrew Johnson tried in the Congress?
Short Essay Questions
1. Sen. Lucius Lamar of Mississippi entered Congress as a secessionist but after the Civil War he worked for compromise. Why?
2. Why is Ross called the man who saved a president?
3. What was Norris' working knowledge of both poverty and war?
4. What was the downfall of Sen. Oscar W. Underwood of Alabama?
5. How did the Senate Republicans feel about Ross when he first came to Congress?
6. What is some of the speculation regarding Ross' not revealing how he would vote until he cast his vote on the Senate floor?
7. How did Edmund G. Ross come to the U.S. Senate from Kansas?
8. Why did Taft speak out against the Nuremberg trials of Nazi war leaders?
9. What was wrong with the situation under the lead of Czar Cannon in the House?
10. What was an outstanding act of courage performed by Sen. John Tyler of Virginia?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Write a narrative about someone from your school who showed uncommon courage.
Essay Topic 2
Write a brief account of the Nuremberg trials.
Essay Topic 3
Write an essay on why a person cannot be arrested and tried for something that was not identified as a crime when he or she did it.
This section contains 843 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)