|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What was Johnson's purpose as President that caused him problems with the Radical Republicans?
2. What famous American represented the Boston Massacre defendants in 1770?
3. Under what law was President Andrew Johnson tried in the Congress?
4. Why did Taft speak out against the War Crimes Trials and the Nuremberg Trials?
5. After Lamar toured Mississippi to discuss his reasons for voting the way he did, how did the people react?
Short Essay Questions
1. How did Norris manage to stop the vote on the Armed Ship Bill?
2. What were Ross' feelings about the presidency that caused him to vote the way he did even though he opposed President Andrew Johnson?
3. What was the first courageous act George W. Norris of Nebraska performed in Congress?
4. What was an outstanding act of courage performed by Sen. John Tyler of Virginia?
5. What was wrong with the situation under the lead of Czar Cannon in the House?
6. What was Sen. Robert A. Taft's unrealized political ambition throughout his career?
7. Why did Taft speak out against the Nuremberg trials of Nazi war leaders?
8. Why was the Jay Treaty of 1795 so unpopular in the new country of the United States?
9. What was the reaction of the Democrats to Taft's public statements?
10. Why is Ross called the man who saved a president?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Write an essay on your personal idea of courage. Use some example from your life or that you know about personally.
Essay Topic 2
Write an essay about compromise and how it is necessary to getting along in life.
Essay Topic 3
Write a narrative about someone from your school who showed uncommon courage.
This section contains 727 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)