|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What senator dashed his presidential hopes by speaking out against the Ku Klux Klan?
2. What book did Lamar later say was the first one ever put into his hands to read?
3. Who was the Senator from Nebraska who opposed President Woodrow Wilson's Armed Ship Bill?
4. What was Lamar able to convince President Hayes to do?
5. Under what law was President Andrew Johnson tried in the Congress?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why did Sen. Lamar vote against the Bland Silver Bill even though the Mississippi legislature had instructed him to vote for it?
2. What were Ross' feelings about the presidency that caused him to vote the way he did even though he opposed President Andrew Johnson?
3. What was the downfall of Sen. Oscar W. Underwood of Alabama?
4. What happened to Ross after the Johnson impeachment proceedings?
5. What was wrong with the situation under the lead of Czar Cannon in the House?
6. How was Lamar able to win back the support of the people of Mississippi?
7. Why was it courageous of Norris to support Al Smith for President?
8. Why did Taft speak out against the Nuremberg trials of Nazi war leaders?
9. What was the result of Lamar's appointment to oversee the recount in the Hayes-Tilden presidential vote?
10. What was Sen. Robert A. Taft's unrealized political ambition throughout his career?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Compare and contrast the presidencies of John Adams and John Quincey Adams and the presidencies of George H. W. Bush and George W. Bush.
Essay Topic 2
Write an essay about compromise and how it is necessary to getting along in life.
Essay Topic 3
Write a narrative about someone from your school who showed uncommon courage.
This section contains 669 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)