|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did Lamar say about his vote against the Matthews Resolution?
2. What was Lamar's main purpose in his political actions?
3. Taft's words on freedom of thought, freedom from orthodox dogma, and the right to think for oneself are his definition of what?
4. How did Norris attack Joe Cannon's power?
5. How did Lamar view the free silver movement of 1877?
Short Essay Questions
1. What was the Armed Ship Bill and why did Norris oppose it?
2. What was the downfall of Sen. Oscar W. Underwood of Alabama?
3. What is some of the speculation regarding Ross' not revealing how he would vote until he cast his vote on the Senate floor?
4. What immediate reaction came from Gov. Dewey of New York after Taft opposed the Nazi war crimes trials?
5. What was Norris' working knowledge of both poverty and war?
6. After the Senate, what political office did Lamar hold?
7. What was an outstanding act of courage performed by Sen. John Tyler of Virginia?
8. What was wrong with the situation under the lead of Czar Cannon in the House?
9. What difference does Kennedy see between breaking with a political party and breaking with a section?
10. What was the result of Lamar's appointment to oversee the recount in the Hayes-Tilden presidential vote?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Interview and write about a fireman who has faced serious danger.
Essay Topic 2
Write a narrative about what it must have been like for Sam Houston to live with the Cherokee as a boy.
Essay Topic 3
Write a narrative about someone from your school who showed uncommon courage.
This section contains 776 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)