|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What act of courage marked the Presidency of Robert A. Taft's father, William Howard Taft?
2. Who made the statement that when he had made up his mind it was not in the power of man to divert him?
3. How many other Republicans lost their careers by standing with Ross against the impeachment of President Johnson?
4. Why did Norris oppose the Armed Ship Bill when his state seemed to favor it?
5. What were the circumstances that brought Edmund G. Ross to Congress as Senator from Kansas?
Essay Topic 1
Write a narrative about someone from your school who showed uncommon courage.
Essay Topic 2
Critics proclaimed Kennedy's book as being a-political. What did they mean by that and do you agree? Write your answer in a one-page, type written, double spaced paper.
Essay Topic 3
Write a two page paper on three people you believe should be in a future book on profiles in courage.
This section contains 628 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)