Final Test - Hard
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What was the Jay Treaty and why did President Washington support it?
2. What character traits did Henry Adams consider that Lamar possessed above all others?
3. How was Lamar similar to author Joel Harris?
4. Which bitter rival of Sen. Robert A. Taft actually ended up in the White House?
5. After Lamar toured Mississippi to discuss his reasons for voting the way he did, how did the people react?
Essay Topic 1
Write an essay contrasting Daniel Webster's seeing nothing wrong with taking money from special interests and Sam Rayburn's refusal to take even government money for House trips. You can look up Sam Rayburn on Wikipedia.
Essay Topic 2
Discuss in a paper why Sen. Norris' support for Al Smith for President might have been of special interest to Sen. John Kennedy.
Essay Topic 3
Write an essay on your personal idea of courage. Use some example from your life or that you know about personally.
This section contains 299 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)