|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What was the Armed Ship Bill?
2. Which senator saved himself from dunking by giving a speech beside the river?
3. How did Lucius Lamar first run for Congress?
4. What nickname was given to Joe Cannon because of his power?
5. How had President Johnson come to power?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Discuss in a paper why Sen. Norris' support for Al Smith for President might have been of special interest to Sen. John Kennedy.
Essay Topic 2
Critics proclaimed Kennedy's book as being a-political. What did they mean by that and do you agree? Write your answer in a one-page, type written, double spaced paper.
Essay Topic 3
Write about a time when you found it necessary to compromise.
This section contains 558 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)