|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Kennedy identify as the personal tragedy and national greatness about Sen. Robert A. Taft?
2. How did Taft's candor cause him to lose his party's nomination for President?
3. What was Lamar's main purpose in his political actions?
4. What poet does Kennedy quote to express the bitterness of the South during reconstruction?
5. Taft supported education, health, housing, and other welfare programs against his normal conservative Republicanism. Why?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Critics proclaimed Kennedy's book as being a-political. What did they mean by that and do you agree? Write your answer in a one-page, type written, double spaced paper.
Essay Topic 2
Write an essay on your personal idea of courage. Use some example from your life or that you know about personally.
Essay Topic 3
Write a paper about a great example of political compromise in the history of the world. (You choose the topic.)
This section contains 657 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)