|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Did Norris always oppose President Wilson's measures?
2. Which courageous Senator refused to support the expunging of some of Jackson's military activities?
3. What was the Jay Treaty and why did President Washington support it?
4. Who made the statement that when he had made up his mind it was not in the power of man to divert him?
5. What famous speech did Lamar give in Congress?
Short Essay Questions
1. What was the downfall of Sen. Oscar W. Underwood of Alabama?
2. Why did Taft speak out against the Nuremberg trials of Nazi war leaders?
3. What difference does Kennedy see between breaking with a political party and breaking with a section?
4. What was wrong with the situation under the lead of Czar Cannon in the House?
5. Why did Sen. Lamar vote against the Bland Silver Bill even though the Mississippi legislature had instructed him to vote for it?
6. How did Norris manage to stop the vote on the Armed Ship Bill?
7. Why is Ross called the man who saved a president?
8. What was Norris' working knowledge of both poverty and war?
9. What was the Armed Ship Bill and why did Norris oppose it?
10. How did Lamar win respect from Northerners and Democrats in Congress?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Write a brief account of the Nuremberg trials.
Essay Topic 2
Write an essay about courage in sports.
Essay Topic 3
Write a narrative about someone from your school who showed uncommon courage.
This section contains 731 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)