|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 9.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Kennedy identify as the second pressure that prevents courageous deeds by elected officials.
(a) The need to get more education.
(b) The need to publish a book.
(c) The need to travel the world.
(d) The need to get re-elected.
2. Which candidate did Norris support in the 1928 Presidential election?
(a) Al Smith.
(b) Al Gore.
(c) Al Newman.
(d) Al Sharpton.
3. What traits indicate that Adams suffered common human emotions?
(a) His hate and retribution against his enemies.
(b) Lapses in his Puritanical beliefs.
(c) Adams secret life of debauchery.
(d) Times of disappointment and hurt at loss of popularity.
4. What method did Sen. Norris use to prevent the passage of the Armed Ship Bill?
(a) Collecting enough votes to defveat it.
(c) A Petition.
(d) Buried in committee.
5. What Senator had to be carried into the Senate to cast his vote on Johnson's impeachment?
(a) John B. Henderson.
(b) Joseph Smith Fowler.
(c) James W. Grimes.
(d) William Pitt Fessenden.
Short Answer Questions
1. What action by Texas brought about the end of Houston's career?
2. When Houston ran away from home in his childhood, where did he go?
3. How did Lucius Lamar first run for Congress?
4. Which bitter rival of Sen. Robert A. Taft actually ended up in the White House?
5. What well-known military leader had Houston served under?
This section contains 299 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)