|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 9.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How did Benton urge support for expansion to the West?
(a) He made a Congressional junket to Oregon.
(b) He voted to give tax breaks to manufacturers of wagons.
(c) He supported communications methods such as the telegraph, the Pony Express and roadways that ran into the country.
(d) He pushed a measure giving extra benefits to leaders of wagon trains.
2. John Quincey Adams was a Senator from what state?
(d) New York.
3. What were the results of Norris' opposition of President Wilson on the Armed Ship Bill?
(a) He was taken off all Senate committees.
(b) He was recalled by Nebraska.
(c) He resigned his seat in the Senate.
(d) He was vilified for acting against the President.
4. For what conflict does Kennedy feel the most empathy?
(a) The conflict between political parties.
(b) The conflict of constituency interest versus national interests.
(c) The conflict between Congress and the Supreme Court.
(d) The conflict of special interests versus constituency interests.
5. How many other Republicans lost their careers by standing with Ross against the impeachment of President Johnson?
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the example of some advice Kennedy received when he first became a Congressman?
2. Why did George Norris believe Big Business was urging the country into war?
3. What act of inconsistency brought his Missouri constituents to brand him a traitor?
4. Why did the six Republicans say they would not vote to convict President Johnson?
5. How had President Johnson come to power?
This section contains 401 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)