|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 9.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. After Houston's removal from the Senate, what office did he run for and win as an independent?
(a) Senator from Tennessee.
(b) House of Representatives.
(c) Attorney General of Texas.
(d) Governor of Texas.
2. What well-known military leader had Houston served under?
(a) Andrew Jackson.
(b) Ulysses S. Grant.
(c) George Washington.
(d) Robert E. Lee.
3. What was so strange about Henry Clay's enlisting Webster in his cause for compromise?
(a) Webster had given many speeches opposing Henry Clay.
(b) Clay was from the South and Webster was from the North.
(c) Clay was a republican and Webster was an independent.
(d) Clay had always opposed Webster in the Senate before.
4. John Quincey Adams was a Senator from what state?
(d) New York.
5. What memorable line did the Toledo BLADE print about Taft after he decried the Nuremberg trials?
(a) That Taft wanted to let loose on the world a terrible gang of cutthroats.
(b) He has a wonderful mind that knows practically everything and understands practically nothing.
(c) He has no feeling about the soup kitchens of 1932 but supports Nazi criminals.
(d) This is not the time to weaken the punishment of international crimes.
Short Answer Questions
1. Under what law was President Andrew Johnson tried in the Congress?
2. What is a constant that an elected official must understand?
3. What Senator pulled a gun on Benton once?
4. Taft supported education, health, housing, and other welfare programs against his normal conservative Republicanism. Why?
5. What benefit did Norris fight for to aid the people of Tennessee Valley?
This section contains 376 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)