|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 9.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who was the Senator from Nebraska who opposed President Woodrow Wilson's Armed Ship Bill?
(a) Lucius Lamar.
(b) George W. Norris.
(c) Rutherford Hayes.
(d) James W. Grimes.
2. John Quincey Adams was a Senator from what state?
(a) New York.
3. Why did Thomas Hart Benton get the nickname of Old Bullion?
(a) His gold plated sign on his office door.
(b) His greed for money.
(c) His advocacy for hard currency.
(d) His silver mines in Missouri.
4. Where did Benton say he's rather see the Democratic Party rather than give one inch to Mr. Van Buren?
(a) A thousand miles north of the Mason Dixon Line.
(b) Out of politics altogether.
(c) 50 fathoms deep into the middle of hell fire.
(d) Right in the middle of the Atlantic Ocean.
5. How did one reporter categorize elected officials?
(a) That people thought everything they said was untrue.
(b) That they needed to be good public speakers.
(c) That they were gluttons for mental punishment.
(d) That people elected them on their looks.
Short Answer Questions
1. What was one of Benton's favorite sayings about himself?
2. What was Johnson's purpose as President that caused him problems with the Radical Republicans?
3. What were the results of Norris' opposition of President Wilson on the Armed Ship Bill?
4. Why did George Norris believe Big Business was urging the country into war?
5. How does Kennedy assess the failure of both Adams presidencies to produce second terms?
This section contains 396 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)