|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 9.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What well-known military leader had Houston served under?
(a) Ulysses S. Grant.
(b) Robert E. Lee.
(c) George Washington.
(d) Andrew Jackson.
2. How many tickets were printed up for seats during the Johnson Impeachment Trial?
3. How was Benton's behavior different when he was with his family from when he was involved in politics?
(a) He was always warm and gentle around his family.
(b) He held his family by fear.
(c) He was easy on political opponents and harsh on his family.
(d) He hid his wife's mental illness from the public.
4. How did one reporter categorize elected officials?
(a) That people thought everything they said was untrue.
(b) That they needed to be good public speakers.
(c) That they were gluttons for mental punishment.
(d) That people elected them on their looks.
5. Where did Benton say he's rather see the Democratic Party rather than give one inch to Mr. Van Buren?
(a) A thousand miles north of the Mason Dixon Line.
(b) Right in the middle of the Atlantic Ocean.
(c) Out of politics altogether.
(d) 50 fathoms deep into the middle of hell fire.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why did George Norris believe Big Business was urging the country into war?
2. What was Ross' military experience?
3. What is the first pressure of Americans that keeps them from acting courageously according to Kennedy?
4. What does Kennedy say was a liability about Webster's immense popularity with both sides of the political spectrum?
5. How did Norris attack Joe Cannon's power?
This section contains 429 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)