|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 9.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. To whom was Ross compared in a Kansas newspaper editorial?
(a) Judas Escariot
(b) Benedict Arnold.
(c) Thomas Payne.
(d) Marc Anthony
2. After Lamar toured Mississippi to discuss his reasons for voting the way he did, how did the people react?
(a) They held rallies against him.
(b) They changed their opposition to Lamar and supported him.
(c) They recalled him from Congress.
(d) No one came out to hear the traitor.
3. Why did Houston define himself as an old fogy?
(a) Because, he said, I don't always practice what I preach.
(b) Because, he said, he had been made a martyr for Texas.
(c) Because, he said, I have been around far too long and need to retire.
(d) Because, he said, I cling devotedly to the principles upon which our government was founded.
4. Why was John Quincey Adams generally unhappy?
(a) He never felt he had accomplished enough.
(b) He never traveled abroad.
(c) He never couold live up to his mother's expectations.
(d) He never married his childhood sweetheart.
5. What view did Webster take that made him unpopular with abolitionists?
(a) He was a strong supporter of the Union and believed compromise on slavery was more important than breaking up the nation.
(b) He did not feel that being a part of a Union that allowed slavery in some territories a viable alternative.
(c) He refused to argue against salvery when he went to the Southern states.
(d) He would not address the subject of slavery because he though it would just go away.
Short Answer Questions
1. Did Norris always oppose President Wilson's measures?
2. Which bitter rival of Sen. Robert A. Taft actually ended up in the White House?
3. How does Kennedy assess the failure of both Adams presidencies to produce second terms?
4. John Quincey Adams' mother was fond of saying John had been groomed to do what?
5. Whom did the Adams family say that the magistrate must serve?
This section contains 410 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)