|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 9.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What position did Lamar take after the Civil War?
(a) That those who supported the Union should be tried as war criminals.
(b) That laws needed to be enacted to punish carpetbaggers.
(c) The way to end the South's suffering was compromise and reconciliation with the North.
(d) That people should save their confederate money.
2. Why was John Quincey Adams generally unhappy?
(a) He never couold live up to his mother's expectations.
(b) He never married his childhood sweetheart.
(c) He never traveled abroad.
(d) He never felt he had accomplished enough.
3. What act of courage marked the Presidency of Robert A. Taft's father, William Howard Taft?
(a) Pushing for more and more farm subsidies.
(b) Standing by his Secretary of the Interior against opposition from Pinchot and Roosevelt.
(c) Denouncing Woodrow Wilson for his mishandling of WWI.
(d) Forecasting that America would go to war with Germany and Japan.
4. To whom was Ross compared in a Kansas newspaper editorial?
(a) Judas Escariot
(b) Benedict Arnold.
(c) Thomas Payne.
(d) Marc Anthony
5. How did Benton's reputation for being crazy become problematic to his opponents?
(a) They feared he would challenge them to a duel.
(b) They feared he would blow up the capitol building.
(c) They thought people would think they were picking on Benton.
(d) They never knew what he might do next.
Short Answer Questions
1. What was leaked to the newspapers that did away with American public resistance to the Armed Ship Bill?
2. What earned Houston the name of traitor and pro-Abolitionist?
3. Prior to the Civil War, what notable action did Lamar undertake with Jefferson Davis?
4. Where did Benton say he's rather see the Democratic Party rather than give one inch to Mr. Van Buren?
5. Who was the Senator from Nebraska who opposed President Woodrow Wilson's Armed Ship Bill?
This section contains 374 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)