|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 9.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the example of some advice Kennedy received when he first became a Congressman?
(a) Follow the yellow brick road.
(b) The way to go is to make your own decisions.
(c) Listen and do what the majority are doing.
(d) The way to get along is to go along.
2. How many votes were needed to convict the President?
3. What disease cut short Lamar's military career?
4. What position did Lamar take after the Civil War?
(a) That laws needed to be enacted to punish carpetbaggers.
(b) That those who supported the Union should be tried as war criminals.
(c) The way to end the South's suffering was compromise and reconciliation with the North.
(d) That people should save their confederate money.
5. Why did Benton oppose the treaty of annexation of Texas?
(a) Because he disliked Sam Houston.
(b) Because Texas would cost too much money.
(c) Because Texas was too big.
(d) Because of his commitment to the Union.
Short Answer Questions
1. What was Benton's characteristic that early on made his constituents love him?
2. What trait of Adams ultimately caused him to suffer great disappointments?
3. What is ironic about Houston as an Indian fighter?
4. What two bills did Houston support that made him unpopular in the South?
5. What famous speech did Lamar give in Congress?
This section contains 324 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)