|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 8.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which candidate did Norris support in the 1928 Presidential election?
(a) Al Smith.
(b) Al Sharpton.
(c) Al Newman.
(d) Al Gore.
2. When Houston ran away from home in his childhood, where did he go?
(a) To his grandfather.
(b) To live with the Cherokee.
(c) To sea.
(d) To Texas.
3. What is the example of some advice Kennedy received when he first became a Congressman?
(a) The way to go is to make your own decisions.
(b) Follow the yellow brick road.
(c) The way to get along is to go along.
(d) Listen and do what the majority are doing.
4. In a speech, how did Houston justify his right to deliver an address in a Texas town where he had been turned away from the courthouse?
(a) He said he was the greatest general Texas ever had.
(b) He said he had authorized the funds to build that courthouse.
(c) He said he had watered Texas soil with his blood.
(d) He said he paid his taxes regularly.
5. For what conflict does Kennedy feel the most empathy?
(a) The conflict of constituency interest versus national interests.
(b) The conflict between Congress and the Supreme Court.
(c) The conflict between political parties.
(d) The conflict of special interests versus constituency interests.
Short Answer Questions
1. Of the 54 Senator in Congress, how many were openly opposed to the impeachment?
2. What was Webster's justification for accepting political gifts and money?
3. Who was the first son of a former president to become president of the U.S.?
4. What view did Webster take that made him unpopular with abolitionists?
5. Why did the six Republicans say they would not vote to convict President Johnson?
This section contains 443 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)