|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 8.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What leader who was at odds with Adams' father did John Quincey find himself agreeing with quite often?
(a) Thomas Jefferson.
(b) George Washington.
(c) Alexander Hamilton.
(d) Benjamin Franklin.
2. Why was Webster a leader in the North prior to the Civil War?
(a) He was older than any other politician.
(b) He knew all the words in the dictionary.
(c) He had strong views against slavery.
(d) He could out talk his opponents.
3. How did Ross describe his feelings just before he cast his not guilty vote?
(a) I felt the chill of fear on my spine.
(b) I looked down at my open grave.
(c) I was afraid I could not speak.
(d) I had a great lump in my throat.
4. What was leaked to the newspapers that did away with American public resistance to the Armed Ship Bill?
(a) The sinking of the Titanic.
(b) The Kaiser's war zone warning.
(c) The Mexican conspiracy.
(d) The Zimmerman note.
5. Why did George Norris believe Big Business was urging the country into war?
(a) Because American business wanted to supply munitions to the Kaiser.
(b) Because he feared the munitions profits was what was steamrolling the country into war.
(c) Because Big Business supported Wilson only when he tried to stay neutral.
(d) Because the country was actually run by a few big businessmen.
Short Answer Questions
1. What was rumored to be the cause of Houston's breakdown and resigning as Governor of Tennessee?
2. What well-known military leader had Houston served under?
3. What is the first pressure of Americans that keeps them from acting courageously according to Kennedy?
4. What is a particular problem on occasion when the electorate presents a desire to the elected official?
5. What was one argument Webster made for compromising on the question of slavery?
This section contains 450 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)