|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 8.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. For what prestigious university did Adams once work as a professor?
2. How did Ross describe his feelings just before he cast his not guilty vote?
(a) I had a great lump in my throat.
(b) I looked down at my open grave.
(c) I felt the chill of fear on my spine.
(d) I was afraid I could not speak.
3. Which candidate did Norris support in the 1928 Presidential election?
(a) Al Sharpton.
(b) Al Gore.
(c) Al Smith.
(d) Al Newman.
4. What is a constant that an elected official must understand?
(a) The media will not report anything the elected official does not want made public.
(b) He or she will never hear from the constituency until election day.
(c) That once elected, the official is no longer responsible to the constituency.
(d) He or she is under scrutiny by the constituency.
5. In addition to being the first Senator from Missouri, what other first did Benton achieve?
(a) First politician to support Martin Van Buren.
(b) First politician to have a duel.
(c) First Senator to change political parties.
(d) First Senator to serve 30 years in the Senate.
Short Answer Questions
1. Of the 54 Senator in Congress, how many were openly opposed to the impeachment?
2. What nickname was given to Joe Cannon because of his power?
3. How many votes were needed to convict the President?
4. How did Lucius Lamar first run for Congress?
5. Why did Benton oppose the treaty of annexation of Texas?
This section contains 297 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)