|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 8.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How many other Republicans lost their careers by standing with Ross against the impeachment of President Johnson?
2. Which candidate did Norris support in the 1928 Presidential election?
(a) Al Sharpton.
(b) Al Smith.
(c) Al Newman.
(d) Al Gore.
3. What questionable arrangement kept Webster in the Senate when he was about to resign?
(a) Webster was offered a bfribe which he nearly accepted.
(b) Businesses who benefited from his help paid off his debts so he could remain in the senate.
(c) Webster appointed his relatives to Senate jobs.
(d) Webster lied under oath in a Senate hearing.
4. What was Daniel Webster known for during his lifetime?
(a) As a politician who opposed any kind of compromise.
(b) As a writer of fiction.
(c) As a squeaky voiced speaker.
(d) As a particularly eloquent speaker.
5. In PROFILES IN COURAGE, what does John F. Kennedy fear the American public has forgotten?
(a) What courage actually is.
(b) How to tell if a man is honest.
(c) The basic principles our country was founded on.
(d) Where to look for courage in a politician.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did Lamar say about his vote against the Matthews Resolution?
2. What was Lamar's involvement in the controversial Hayes-Tilden presidential election?
3. Kennedy sees as a weakness in John Quincey Adams an emotional attachment to whom?
4. What was the irony of Norris' using the filibuster to fight passage of the Armed Ship Bill?
5. In addition to being the first Senator from Missouri, what other first did Benton achieve?
This section contains 421 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)