|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 8.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Whom did the Adams family say that the magistrate must serve?
(a) His party.
(b) His people.
(c) His god.
(d) His family.
2. Who said that courage is grace under pressure?
(a) Jesus Christ.
(b) John Quincy Adams.
(c) Bret Hart.
(d) Ernest Hemingway.
3. How did Lucius Lamar first run for Congress?
(a) As a pro-Unionist.
(b) As a Radical Republican.
(c) As an independent.
(d) As a secessionist.
4. What advantage did John Quincey Adams have as a politician?
(a) The confidence of coming from a strong political family.
(b) More education than experience.
(c) Ignorance of the Washington politics.
(d) More money than anyone else.
5. Why did Norris oppose the Armed Ship Bill when his state seemed to favor it?
(a) He thought the bill would prevent the US from declaring war on Germany.
(b) He thought it should really be a declaration of war.
(c) He wanted to gain fame as the man who defied President Wilson.
(d) Norris believed it was a ploy to get the US into WWI without going through congress.
Short Answer Questions
1. How did one reporter categorize elected officials?
2. Why was it considered a contradiction when Houston supported temperance?
3. What is a constant that an elected official must understand?
4. What does Kennedy see as Webster's moral flaw?
5. According to Kennedy, what makes it difficult to recognize courageous acts when they do occur?
This section contains 369 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)