|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 5.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In spite of John Quincey Adams' clarity and political courage, what life-long need did he have?
(a) The visible justification of God.
(b) The approval of his father and mother.
(c) Unwavering popularity among the people.
(d) A personal fortune so he was not dependent on the voters.
2. What do the subject of PROFILES IN COURAGE all have in common?
(a) They were all Democrats.
(b) They all served as U. S. Senators.
(c) They were all Republicans.
(d) They all lost elections and then won them the next time.
3. How did one reporter categorize elected officials?
(a) That they needed to be good public speakers.
(b) That people thought everything they said was untrue.
(c) That people elected them on their looks.
(d) That they were gluttons for mental punishment.
4. In PROFILES IN COURAGE, what does John F. Kennedy fear the American public has forgotten?
(a) Where to look for courage in a politician.
(b) The basic principles our country was founded on.
(c) How to tell if a man is honest.
(d) What courage actually is.
5. What act of inconsistency brought his Missouri constituents to brand him a traitor?
(a) His willingness to allow the country to go to war.
(b) His opposition to annexting Texas.
(c) His opposition to the Missouri Compromise.
(d) His voting with the Republicans.
Short Answer Questions
1. What Senator pulled a gun on Benton once?
2. How did Benton's reputation for being crazy become problematic to his opponents?
3. What was the result of Webster's courageous stand in giving the Seventh of March speech?
4. What is ironic about Texas secession on March 2?
5. Besides appearing to be disloyal to his father when he aligned himself with Jefferson's politics, what other problem arose for John Quincey Adams?
This section contains 430 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)