|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 5.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Kennedy suggest prevents a lot of people from acting courageously?
(a) Social and public pressures.
(b) Not enough education about courage.
(c) Fear of the unknown.
(d) Averice and greed.
2. What does Kennedy identify as the second pressure that prevents courageous deeds by elected officials.
(a) The need to travel the world.
(b) The need to publish a book.
(c) The need to get more education.
(d) The need to get re-elected.
3. What were Benton's most effective weapons as a fighter?
(a) Knives and bull whips.
(b) Wit and sarcasm.
(c) Friends and relatives.
(d) Guns and canons.
4. For what prestigious university did Adams once work as a professor?
5. What was the dichotomy concerning John Quincey Adams' father?
(a) Adams was not religious but his son, John Quincey, was a devout Puritan.
(b) Adams was a stern father but a political liberal.
(c) Adams had raised his son to do what he believed to be right and that meant opposing his father.
(d) Adams raised his son to always do as his father did regardless of what he thought personally.
Short Answer Questions
1. What traits indicate that Adams suffered common human emotions?
2. What view did Webster take that made him unpopular with abolitionists?
3. Why did Thomas Hart Benton get the nickname of Old Bullion?
4. What questionable arrangement kept Webster in the Senate when he was about to resign?
5. What measure did Henry Clay enlist Webster to help with?
This section contains 407 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)