|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 5.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where did Houston deliver his acceptance speech after being elected Governor as an independent?
(a) At San Jacinto.
(b) In Houston, Texas.
(c) On the steps of the Capitol building.
(d) In San Antonio, Texas.
2. How was Benton's behavior different when he was with his family from when he was involved in politics?
(a) He hid his wife's mental illness from the public.
(b) He was easy on political opponents and harsh on his family.
(c) He was always warm and gentle around his family.
(d) He held his family by fear.
3. What Webster speech in the Senate became known by the date it was given?
(a) The Seventh of March speech.
(b) The First of January speech.
(c) The Christmas Day speech.
(d) The Independence Day speech.
4. What Senator pulled a gun on Benton once?
(a) Senator Henry Foote.
(b) Senator Martin VanBuren.
(c) Senator William Cooper.
(d) Senator Aaron Burr.
5. John Quincey Adams was a Senator from what state?
(d) New York.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who served as the Governor of Tennessee and later as Senator from the State of Texas?
2. What is ironic about Texas secession on March 2?
3. How did Daniel Webster describe and define himself?
4. Whom did the Adams family say that the magistrate must serve?
5. What was the dichotomy concerning John Quincey Adams' father?
This section contains 342 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)