|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 5.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why was it considered a contradiction when Houston supported temperance?
(a) He owned a brewery.
(b) His political supporters opposed temperance.
(c) He made his money in rum running.
(d) He was a heavy drinker.
2. Besides the Texas territory which Benton opposed, what other one did he support against his party's stand?
3. What is a particular problem on occasion when the electorate presents a desire to the elected official?
(a) What they want they are not willing to help pay for.
(b) What they want is not clear to the elected official.
(c) What they want may not in the long run be good for the constituency.
(d) What they want is not fair to fixed income people.
4. What well-known military leader had Houston served under?
(a) Robert E. Lee.
(b) Andrew Jackson.
(c) Ulysses S. Grant.
(d) George Washington.
5. Which of the following public offices did John Quincey Adams NOT hold?
(b) Supreme Court Justice.
Short Answer Questions
1. For what prestigious university did Adams once work as a professor?
2. How did Webster's constituents view his stand on compromise with the slave states?
3. How did Daniel Webster describe and define himself?
4. Kennedy sees as a weakness in John Quincey Adams an emotional attachment to whom?
5. What were Benton's most effective weapons as a fighter?
This section contains 295 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)