|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 5.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In addition to being the first Senator from Missouri, what other first did Benton achieve?
(a) First Senator to serve 30 years in the Senate.
(b) First politician to support Martin Van Buren.
(c) First Senator to change political parties.
(d) First politician to have a duel.
2. How did Webster's constituents view his stand on compromise with the slave states?
(a) They supported him wholeheartedly.
(b) It drew their wrath.
(c) They thought he should run for President.
(d) They were proud of their native son.
3. John Quincey Adams was a Senator from what state?
(d) New York.
4. How did one reporter categorize elected officials?
(a) That people elected them on their looks.
(b) That people thought everything they said was untrue.
(c) That they were gluttons for mental punishment.
(d) That they needed to be good public speakers.
5. Which of the following public offices did John Quincey Adams NOT hold?
(c) Supreme Court Justice.
Short Answer Questions
1. What advantage do minority special interest groups have to influence elected officials?
2. Why was it considered a contradiction when Houston supported temperance?
3. Kennedy sees as a weakness in John Quincey Adams an emotional attachment to whom?
4. What Senator pulled a gun on Benton once?
5. What made Sam Houston a household word in the United States?
This section contains 329 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)