|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which of the following public offices did John Quincey Adams NOT hold?
(c) Supreme Court Justice.
2. What issue caused Benton finally to begin losing popularity in Missouri?
(a) The Missouri voters felt allied to the South but Benton supported the Union.
(b) Benton refused to own slaves.
(c) The Missouri voters became ashamed of Benton's rough behavior.
(d) Benton had too many duels.
3. What was Daniel Webster known for during his lifetime?
(a) As a politician who opposed any kind of compromise.
(b) As a writer of fiction.
(c) As a particularly eloquent speaker.
(d) As a squeaky voiced speaker.
4. In addition to being the first Senator from Missouri, what other first did Benton achieve?
(a) First politician to support Martin Van Buren.
(b) First Senator to change political parties.
(c) First Senator to serve 30 years in the Senate.
(d) First politician to have a duel.
5. What leader who was at odds with Adams' father did John Quincey find himself agreeing with quite often?
(a) Alexander Hamilton.
(b) George Washington.
(c) Thomas Jefferson.
(d) Benjamin Franklin.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Kennedy's third pressure that he feels is the most damaging?
2. What was one argument Webster made for compromising on the question of slavery?
3. In PROFILES IN COURAGE, what does John F. Kennedy fear the American public has forgotten?
4. What was it about Benton that inspired the approval of his Missouri constituency?
5. What is a constant that an elected official must understand?
This section contains 433 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)