|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What occurred during a duel that gave Benton a reputation as something of a thug?
(a) He rigged the other pistol so it wouldn't fire.
(b) He killed a U. S. District Attorney.
(c) He threw down his gun and beat the man with his fists.
(d) He had a sniper actually shoot the opponent.
2. Who suggested that Senators were vulgar demagogues?
(a) An ambassador.
(b) A reporter.
(c) A cabinet member.
(d) A preacher.
3. What is a constant that an elected official must understand?
(a) The media will not report anything the elected official does not want made public.
(b) He or she is under scrutiny by the constituency.
(c) That once elected, the official is no longer responsible to the constituency.
(d) He or she will never hear from the constituency until election day.
4. Why was John Quincey Adams generally unhappy?
(a) He never felt he had accomplished enough.
(b) He never married his childhood sweetheart.
(c) He never couold live up to his mother's expectations.
(d) He never traveled abroad.
5. John Quincey Adams was a Senator from what state?
(b) New York.
Short Answer Questions
1. How did Webster's constituents view his stand on compromise with the slave states?
2. What Webster speech in the Senate became known by the date it was given?
3. What Senator pulled a gun on Benton once?
4. Whom did the Adams family say that the magistrate must serve?
5. What is the first pressure of Americans that keeps them from acting courageously according to Kennedy?
This section contains 321 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)