|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 5.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What traits indicate that Adams suffered common human emotions?
(a) Adams secret life of debauchery.
(b) His hate and retribution against his enemies.
(c) Lapses in his Puritanical beliefs.
(d) Times of disappointment and hurt at loss of popularity.
2. Although thought of as a crazy politician, what did John F. Kennedy see as a mark of courage in the man?
(a) His stance on big government over states' rights.
(b) He would stand up in the Senate without a gun.
(c) He would do what he thought was right regardless of his party or his popularity.
(d) He would do whatever was necessary to get re-elected.
3. When Houston ran away from home in his childhood, where did he go?
(a) To sea.
(b) To live with the Cherokee.
(c) To his grandfather.
(d) To Texas.
4. What is the first pressure of Americans that keeps them from acting courageously according to Kennedy?
(a) The need to be different from other politicians.
(b) The need to be well liked.
(c) The need to raise campaign money.
(d) The need to be right all the time.
5. Besides the Texas territory which Benton opposed, what other one did he support against his party's stand?
Short Answer Questions
1. In a speech, how did Houston justify his right to deliver an address in a Texas town where he had been turned away from the courthouse?
2. What leader who was at odds with Adams' father did John Quincey find himself agreeing with quite often?
3. What view did Webster take that made him unpopular with abolitionists?
4. What was so strange about Henry Clay's enlisting Webster in his cause for compromise?
5. What act of inconsistency brought his Missouri constituents to brand him a traitor?
This section contains 449 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)