|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 10.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who said that courage is grace under pressure?
(a) Ernest Hemingway.
(b) John Quincy Adams.
(c) Jesus Christ.
(d) Bret Hart.
2. John Quincey Adams was a Senator from what state?
(c) New York.
3. What was the result of Webster's courageous stand in giving the Seventh of March speech?
(a) Webster was honored by his constituents as a man of courage.
(b) Webster would have become president but he died 2 years later.
(c) Webster changed his position of slavery to agree with Clay.
(d) Webster sacrificed his potential presidential run and his popularity.
4. Where did Houston say he wanted it written that he loved his country, he was a patriot, and he was devoted to the Union.
(a) In the Dallas Herald.
(b) In the latest history books.
(c) On the face of the Texas capitol building.
(d) On his tombstone.
5. What was ironic when the Matthews Resolution came up for a vote in the Senate?
(a) Matthews voted against his own resolution.
(b) Lamar voted against it but the other Senator, a Negro appointed by the reconstruction, voted for it.
(c) Lamar had gone back to Mississippi and missed the vote.
(d) The Resolution came before the Senate before the Bland Bill.
Short Answer Questions
1. How many tickets were printed up for seats during the Johnson Impeachment Trial?
2. What advantage did John Quincey Adams have as a politician?
3. What advantage do minority special interest groups have to influence elected officials?
4. Of the 54 Senator in Congress, how many were openly opposed to the impeachment?
5. What book did Lamar later say was the first one ever put into his hands to read?
This section contains 345 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)