|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 10.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Kennedy suggest prevents a lot of people from acting courageously?
(a) Social and public pressures.
(b) Not enough education about courage.
(c) Averice and greed.
(d) Fear of the unknown.
2. What were Benton's most effective weapons as a fighter?
(a) Knives and bull whips.
(b) Friends and relatives.
(c) Wit and sarcasm.
(d) Guns and canons.
3. Did Norris always oppose President Wilson's measures?
(a) No. He supported the President's issues that made him look good in Nabraska.
(b) Yes. He was a total critic of Woodrow Wilson.
(c) No. He supported the President's major foreign policy issues.
(d) No. He was opposed to any form of isolationism.
4. What leader who was at odds with Adams' father did John Quincey find himself agreeing with quite often?
(a) George Washington.
(b) Benjamin Franklin.
(c) Thomas Jefferson.
(d) Alexander Hamilton.
5. How did Webster view the Compromise of 1850 in terms of his anti-slavery convictions?
(a) He believed that compromise would eventually lead to abolition.
(b) He viewed it as a short-term compromise.
(c) He wanted to bring the prospect of Civil War to a head.
(d) He thought it would give him power to run for President.
Short Answer Questions
1. How many other Republicans lost their careers by standing with Ross against the impeachment of President Johnson?
2. What did the historian Wharton say about Houston's courage as he fought against Texas' secession from the Union?
3. How did Benton urge support for expansion to the West?
4. What were Norris' opening words at the public meeting in Nebraska after the filibuster?
5. What traits indicate that Adams suffered common human emotions?
This section contains 392 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)