|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 10.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What disease cut short Lamar's military career?
2. How many tickets were printed up for seats during the Johnson Impeachment Trial?
3. What is the example of some advice Kennedy received when he first became a Congressman?
(a) The way to get along is to go along.
(b) Listen and do what the majority are doing.
(c) Follow the yellow brick road.
(d) The way to go is to make your own decisions.
4. What two bills did Houston support that made him unpopular in the South?
(a) The repeal of the Missouri Compromise and the bill of rights.
(b) Calhoun's bills and resolutions on the Oregon question.
(c) The Missouri Compromise of 1820 and the Compromise of 1850.
(d) The Kansas-Nebraska bill and the articles of confederation.
5. Why was Webster not bothered by what many would consider as bribes?
(a) He felt he was entitled to extra benefits for his service to the Union.
(b) He never let that happen to him.
(c) The moral question of accepting money and gifts for Webster was not an issue for him.
(d) He accepted money and gifts but always did only what he thought was right.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which of the following public offices did John Quincey Adams NOT hold?
2. What act of courage marked the Presidency of Robert A. Taft's father, William Howard Taft?
3. How had President Johnson come to power?
4. What was the result of Webster's courageous stand in giving the Seventh of March speech?
5. In terms of service in office of both father and son, what similarity set them apart from presidents before and after them?
This section contains 399 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)