|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 10.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. To whom was Ross compared in a Kansas newspaper editorial?
(a) Benedict Arnold.
(b) Judas Escariot
(c) Marc Anthony
(d) Thomas Payne.
2. What famous American represented the Boston Massacre defendants in 1770?
(a) Charles Evans Hughes.
(b) Thomas Payne.
(c) John Adams.
(d) Paul Revere.
3. Prior to the Civil War, what notable action did Lamar undertake with Jefferson Davis?
(a) Writing the Articles of Confederation.
(b) Speaking out against secession.
(c) Walking out of the Democratic Convention.
(d) Designing the Confederate flag.
4. What does Kennedy identify as the second pressure that prevents courageous deeds by elected officials.
(a) The need to publish a book.
(b) The need to get more education.
(c) The need to travel the world.
(d) The need to get re-elected.
5. What memorable line did the Toledo BLADE print about Taft after he decried the Nuremberg trials?
(a) That Taft wanted to let loose on the world a terrible gang of cutthroats.
(b) He has a wonderful mind that knows practically everything and understands practically nothing.
(c) He has no feeling about the soup kitchens of 1932 but supports Nazi criminals.
(d) This is not the time to weaken the punishment of international crimes.
Short Answer Questions
1. How did Lucius Lamar first run for Congress?
2. What Webster speech in the Senate became known by the date it was given?
3. What was so strange about Henry Clay's enlisting Webster in his cause for compromise?
4. What was rumored to be the cause of Houston's breakdown and resigning as Governor of Tennessee?
5. Why was Norris' candidate for President unpopular in 1928?
This section contains 373 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)