|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 10.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What were the circumstances that brought Edmund G. Ross to Congress as Senator from Kansas?
(a) He was sent after a recall of Senator Lane.
(b) The resignation of Senator Lane who was a reconstructionist.
(c) A landslide vote of the Kansas people.
(d) The suicide of his predecessor, Senator Jim Lane.
2. Taft's words on freedom of thought, freedom from orthodox dogma, and the right to think for oneself are his definition of what?
3. What questionable arrangement kept Webster in the Senate when he was about to resign?
(a) Webster lied under oath in a Senate hearing.
(b) Webster appointed his relatives to Senate jobs.
(c) Businesses who benefited from his help paid off his debts so he could remain in the senate.
(d) Webster was offered a bfribe which he nearly accepted.
4. What Speaker of the House did Norris oppose to the chagrin of his party?
(a) John Dalzell.
(b) Walter Smith.
(c) Woodrow Wilson.
(d) Joe Cannon.
5. Which bitter rival of Sen. Robert A. Taft actually ended up in the White House?
(a) Dwight D. Eisenhaur.
(b) Thomas E. Dewey.
(c) Richard Nixon.
(d) Harry S. Truman.
Short Answer Questions
1. How did Benton urge support for expansion to the West?
2. For what prestigious university did Adams once work as a professor?
3. Why did George Norris believe Big Business was urging the country into war?
4. Which candidate did Norris support in the 1928 Presidential election?
5. Besides the Texas territory which Benton opposed, what other one did he support against his party's stand?
This section contains 347 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)