|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 10.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What was Webster's justification for accepting political gifts and money?
(a) He published his gifts in the newspaper.
(b) He used everything he collected for his favorite charities.
(c) He shared the gifts with other Senators and Congressmen.
(d) He considered them gifts from God and from voters or constituents who Webster believed were created in God's image.
2. Why was Webster not bothered by what many would consider as bribes?
(a) He never let that happen to him.
(b) The moral question of accepting money and gifts for Webster was not an issue for him.
(c) He felt he was entitled to extra benefits for his service to the Union.
(d) He accepted money and gifts but always did only what he thought was right.
3. What was Benton's characteristic that early on made his constituents love him?
(a) His political favors.
(b) His sense of humor.
(c) His fearlessness.
(d) His humble nature.
4. Which candidate did Norris support in the 1928 Presidential election?
(a) Al Sharpton.
(b) Al Gore.
(c) Al Smith.
(d) Al Newman.
5. What was the Jay Treaty and why did President Washington support it?
(a) It was a treaty to buy arms and munitions only from the British.
(b) It was a treaty giving land west of the Mississippi to the British.
(c) It was a treaty with Great Britain that President Washington supported to keep the young country from going to war.
(d) It was a treaty removing all taxes from British imports supported by Washington to protect the rich.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who was the only Southern senator who refused to secede with his state?
2. Who was the butcher of New Orleans who was the chief prosecutor in Johnson's impeachment trial?
3. Did Norris always oppose President Wilson's measures?
4. What Speaker of the House did Norris oppose to the chagrin of his party?
5. To whom was Ross compared in a Kansas newspaper editorial?
This section contains 374 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)