|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 10.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What famous piece of legislation bears Robert A. Taft's name?
(a) The Taft-Hartley Act.
(b) The Taft Education Manifesto.
(c) The Taft Health Plan.
(d) The Taft Welfare Act.
2. What occurred during a duel that gave Benton a reputation as something of a thug?
(a) He rigged the other pistol so it wouldn't fire.
(b) He threw down his gun and beat the man with his fists.
(c) He killed a U. S. District Attorney.
(d) He had a sniper actually shoot the opponent.
3. What is a constant that an elected official must understand?
(a) He or she will never hear from the constituency until election day.
(b) He or she is under scrutiny by the constituency.
(c) That once elected, the official is no longer responsible to the constituency.
(d) The media will not report anything the elected official does not want made public.
4. Who was the Democratic majority leader in the Senate who later became Vice President?
(a) Jacob Javits.
(b) Alben Barkley.
(c) Richard Nixon.
(d) John Nance Garner.
5. When Houston ran away from home in his childhood, where did he go?
(a) To live with the Cherokee.
(b) To his grandfather.
(c) To sea.
(d) To Texas.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why was it considered a contradiction when Houston supported temperance?
2. What was Lamar able to convince President Hayes to do?
3. What trait of Adams ultimately caused him to suffer great disappointments?
4. What leader who was at odds with Adams' father did John Quincey find himself agreeing with quite often?
5. How did Norris attack Joe Cannon's power?
This section contains 371 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)