|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 10.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who was the butcher of New Orleans who was the chief prosecutor in Johnson's impeachment trial?
(a) Gen. Benjamin F. Butler.
(b) Gen. Robert E. Lee.
(c) Gen. Ulysses S. Grant.
(d) Gen William Tecumseh Sherman.
2. Besides appearing to be disloyal to his father when he aligned himself with Jefferson's politics, what other problem arose for John Quincey Adams?
(a) Disillusionment of his party when he broke with them and voted with Jefferson.
(b) His mother becaue distraught that her son and husband did not agree.
(c) He lost his political influence for many months.
(d) He was forced to change political parties and lose his seniority.
3. What is a particular problem on occasion when the electorate presents a desire to the elected official?
(a) What they want they are not willing to help pay for.
(b) What they want is not fair to fixed income people.
(c) What they want is not clear to the elected official.
(d) What they want may not in the long run be good for the constituency.
4. Which senator saved himself from dunking by giving a speech beside the river?
(a) Sen. Humphrey Marshall of Kentucky.
(b) Sen. Jacob J. Javits of New York.
(c) Sen. Stephen Austin of Texas.
(d) Sen. John Adams of Massachusetts.
5. What act of inconsistency brought his Missouri constituents to brand him a traitor?
(a) His opposition to annexting Texas.
(b) His opposition to the Missouri Compromise.
(c) His voting with the Republicans.
(d) His willingness to allow the country to go to war.
Short Answer Questions
1. What famous American represented the Boston Massacre defendants in 1770?
2. What is Kennedy's third pressure that he feels is the most damaging?
3. How had President Johnson come to power?
4. What does Kennedy identify as the personal tragedy and national greatness about Sen. Robert A. Taft?
5. What was the irony of Norris' using the filibuster to fight passage of the Armed Ship Bill?
This section contains 495 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)