|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 10.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How was Lamar similar to author Joel Harris?
(a) Lamar had a pet named Br'er Rabbit.
(b) Lamar wrote a book called Tunes of the South.
(c) Lamar, like Harris, was a graduate of Oxford.
(d) Lamar, like Harris, told tales about the South.
2. What advantage did John Quincey Adams have as a politician?
(a) The confidence of coming from a strong political family.
(b) More money than anyone else.
(c) Ignorance of the Washington politics.
(d) More education than experience.
3. What were Norris' opening words at the public meeting in Nebraska after the filibuster?
(a) I am not a traitor.
(b) Thank you for not hissing.
(c) I have come home to tell you the truth.
(d) Four score and twenty years ago.
4. After Houston's removal from the Senate, what office did he run for and win as an independent?
(a) Senator from Tennessee.
(b) Governor of Texas.
(c) House of Representatives.
(d) Attorney General of Texas.
5. Where did Benton say he's rather see the Democratic Party rather than give one inch to Mr. Van Buren?
(a) 50 fathoms deep into the middle of hell fire.
(b) A thousand miles north of the Mason Dixon Line.
(c) Right in the middle of the Atlantic Ocean.
(d) Out of politics altogether.
Short Answer Questions
1. How did Norris attack Joe Cannon's power?
2. Who called Taft's speech against the Nazi war crimes trials a classic example of his muddled and confused thinking?
3. Why did Houston define himself as an old fogy?
4. Of the 54 Senator in Congress, how many were openly opposed to the impeachment?
5. When Houston ran away from home in his childhood, where did he go?
This section contains 406 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)