|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 10.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Prior to the Civil War, what notable action did Lamar undertake with Jefferson Davis?
(a) Speaking out against secession.
(b) Designing the Confederate flag.
(c) Writing the Articles of Confederation.
(d) Walking out of the Democratic Convention.
2. What was so strange about Henry Clay's enlisting Webster in his cause for compromise?
(a) Clay was from the South and Webster was from the North.
(b) Clay had always opposed Webster in the Senate before.
(c) Webster had given many speeches opposing Henry Clay.
(d) Clay was a republican and Webster was an independent.
3. What traits indicate that Adams suffered common human emotions?
(a) Lapses in his Puritanical beliefs.
(b) Adams secret life of debauchery.
(c) His hate and retribution against his enemies.
(d) Times of disappointment and hurt at loss of popularity.
4. How did Webster's constituents view his stand on compromise with the slave states?
(a) It drew their wrath.
(b) They supported him wholeheartedly.
(c) They were proud of their native son.
(d) They thought he should run for President.
5. Who called Taft's speech against the Nazi war crimes trials a classic example of his muddled and confused thinking?
(a) Gov. Thomas E. Dewey of New York.
(b) Sen. Scott Lucas of Illinois.
(c) Newspaper columnist David Lawrence.
(d) Former Nazi Franz Von Papen.
Short Answer Questions
1. What well-known military leader had Houston served under?
2. What was it about Benton that inspired the approval of his Missouri constituency?
3. What do the subject of PROFILES IN COURAGE all have in common?
4. Why did George Norris decide to go against his constituents and vote according to his conscience?
5. How was Benton's behavior different when he was with his family from when he was involved in politics?
This section contains 428 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)