|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In addition to being the first Senator from Missouri, what other first did Benton achieve?
(a) First politician to support Martin Van Buren.
(b) First Senator to change political parties.
(c) First politician to have a duel.
(d) First Senator to serve 30 years in the Senate.
2. What was Webster's justification for accepting political gifts and money?
(a) He published his gifts in the newspaper.
(b) He shared the gifts with other Senators and Congressmen.
(c) He considered them gifts from God and from voters or constituents who Webster believed were created in God's image.
(d) He used everything he collected for his favorite charities.
3. What were Benton's most effective weapons as a fighter?
(a) Wit and sarcasm.
(b) Friends and relatives.
(c) Guns and canons.
(d) Knives and bull whips.
4. In PROFILES IN COURAGE, what does John F. Kennedy fear the American public has forgotten?
(a) Where to look for courage in a politician.
(b) What courage actually is.
(c) How to tell if a man is honest.
(d) The basic principles our country was founded on.
5. What does Kennedy identify as the second pressure that prevents courageous deeds by elected officials.
(a) The need to travel the world.
(b) The need to get more education.
(c) The need to get re-elected.
(d) The need to publish a book.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which of the following public offices did John Quincey Adams NOT hold?
2. How did Daniel Webster describe and define himself?
3. How did Benton's reputation for being crazy become problematic to his opponents?
4. What do the subject of PROFILES IN COURAGE all have in common?
5. How did one reporter categorize elected officials?
This section contains 381 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)