|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. John Quincey Adams was a Senator from what state?
(a) New York.
2. Who said that courage is grace under pressure?
(a) Jesus Christ.
(b) Bret Hart.
(c) John Quincy Adams.
(d) Ernest Hemingway.
3. What Senator pulled a gun on Benton once?
(a) Senator William Cooper.
(b) Senator Martin VanBuren.
(c) Senator Henry Foote.
(d) Senator Aaron Burr.
4. What is a particular problem on occasion when the electorate presents a desire to the elected official?
(a) What they want is not fair to fixed income people.
(b) What they want they are not willing to help pay for.
(c) What they want is not clear to the elected official.
(d) What they want may not in the long run be good for the constituency.
5. How does Kennedy characterize the difficult position of the elected official?
(a) Not being able to care about doing a good job.
(b) Walking on the moon.
(c) Being alone in the desert.
(d) Walking in the difficult landscape of being elected by constituents.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the example of some advice Kennedy received when he first became a Congressman?
2. To what does Kennedy ascribe as half the power of Webster?
3. What metaphoric comparison does Kennedy make to John Quincey Adams' Puritanism?
4. What does Kennedy see as Webster's moral flaw?
5. How did Daniel Webster describe and define himself?
This section contains 342 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)