|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In terms of service in office of both father and son, what similarity set them apart from presidents before and after them?
(a) Neither father nor son served a second term in office.
(b) Both father and son served three terms in office.
(c) Neither father nor son served out a full term in office.
(d) Both father and son served during wartime.
2. What questionable arrangement kept Webster in the Senate when he was about to resign?
(a) Businesses who benefited from his help paid off his debts so he could remain in the senate.
(b) Webster lied under oath in a Senate hearing.
(c) Webster was offered a bfribe which he nearly accepted.
(d) Webster appointed his relatives to Senate jobs.
3. Who was the first son of a former president to become president of the U.S.?
(a) Thomas Alva Edison.
(b) Andrew Jefferson.
(c) Geroge Washington Carver.
(d) John Quincey Adams.
4. What were Benton's most effective weapons as a fighter?
(a) Friends and relatives.
(b) Knives and bull whips.
(c) Guns and canons.
(d) Wit and sarcasm.
5. What do the subject of PROFILES IN COURAGE all have in common?
(a) They all lost elections and then won them the next time.
(b) They were all Republicans.
(c) They were all Democrats.
(d) They all served as U. S. Senators.
Short Answer Questions
1. What measure did Henry Clay enlist Webster to help with?
2. What is another difficult situation for an elected official besides the interests of the nation and those of the constituency?
3. Where did Benton say he's rather see the Democratic Party rather than give one inch to Mr. Van Buren?
4. What does Kennedy suggest prevents a lot of people from acting courageously?
5. What Webster speech in the Senate became known by the date it was given?
This section contains 382 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)