|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. According to Kennedy, what makes it difficult to recognize courageous acts when they do occur?
(a) Business concerns and the competition for attention from the public.
(b) The secrecy of most courageous acts.
(c) Self interest that only looks like courage.
(d) Media bias one way or the other.
2. What does Kennedy suggest prevents a lot of people from acting courageously?
(a) Not enough education about courage.
(b) Social and public pressures.
(c) Fear of the unknown.
(d) Averice and greed.
3. Why was John Quincey Adams generally unhappy?
(a) He never felt he had accomplished enough.
(b) He never couold live up to his mother's expectations.
(c) He never married his childhood sweetheart.
(d) He never traveled abroad.
4. What was Benton's characteristic that early on made his constituents love him?
(a) His sense of humor.
(b) His humble nature.
(c) His fearlessness.
(d) His political favors.
5. What traits indicate that Adams suffered common human emotions?
(a) Lapses in his Puritanical beliefs.
(b) Adams secret life of debauchery.
(c) His hate and retribution against his enemies.
(d) Times of disappointment and hurt at loss of popularity.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why was Webster not bothered by what many would consider as bribes?
2. Why was Webster a leader in the North prior to the Civil War?
3. How did Webster's constituents view his stand on compromise with the slave states?
4. What effect did Webster's three-hour-long speech in the Senate have in 1850?
5. In PROFILES IN COURAGE, what does John F. Kennedy fear the American public has forgotten?
This section contains 394 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)