|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 7.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Whom did the Adams family say that the magistrate must serve?
(a) His god.
(b) His party.
(c) His family.
(d) His people.
2. What made Sam Houston a household word in the United States?
(a) He was a greater orator than Daniel Webster.
(b) He was leader of the Texas forces that defeated Mexico at the battle of San Jacinto.
(c) He ran for president in 1856 but did not win the Democratic nomination.
(d) He became known for the Houston knife he invented.
3. When Houston ran away from home in his childhood, where did he go?
(a) To sea.
(b) To Texas.
(c) To live with the Cherokee.
(d) To his grandfather.
4. Besides appearing to be disloyal to his father when he aligned himself with Jefferson's politics, what other problem arose for John Quincey Adams?
(a) His mother becaue distraught that her son and husband did not agree.
(b) Disillusionment of his party when he broke with them and voted with Jefferson.
(c) He lost his political influence for many months.
(d) He was forced to change political parties and lose his seniority.
5. In terms of service in office of both father and son, what similarity set them apart from presidents before and after them?
(a) Both father and son served three terms in office.
(b) Neither father nor son served a second term in office.
(c) Both father and son served during wartime.
(d) Neither father nor son served out a full term in office.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where did Houston deliver his acceptance speech after being elected Governor as an independent?
2. What were Benton's most effective weapons as a fighter?
3. What questionable arrangement kept Webster in the Senate when he was about to resign?
4. What disease cut short Lamar's military career?
5. What was Daniel Webster known for during his lifetime?
This section contains 378 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)