|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 7.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. After Lamar toured Mississippi to discuss his reasons for voting the way he did, how did the people react?
(a) No one came out to hear the traitor.
(b) They changed their opposition to Lamar and supported him.
(c) They recalled him from Congress.
(d) They held rallies against him.
2. What measure did Henry Clay enlist Webster to help with?
(a) Speaches warning about Abraham Lincoln's political ambitions.
(b) Clay's bid for re-election.
(c) Re-writing the Bill of Rights to include slavery.
(d) The Great Compromise of 1850.
3. What were Benton's most effective weapons as a fighter?
(a) Knives and bull whips.
(b) Friends and relatives.
(c) Wit and sarcasm.
(d) Guns and canons.
4. Why was Webster not bothered by what many would consider as bribes?
(a) He never let that happen to him.
(b) The moral question of accepting money and gifts for Webster was not an issue for him.
(c) He felt he was entitled to extra benefits for his service to the Union.
(d) He accepted money and gifts but always did only what he thought was right.
5. What trait of Adams ultimately caused him to suffer great disappointments?
(a) His ability to manipulate his father.
(b) His superior attitude toward other politician.
(c) His uncompromising religion.
(d) His willingness to change positions when expedient.
Short Answer Questions
1. What Senator pulled a gun on Benton once?
2. What was Webster's justification for accepting political gifts and money?
3. What was the dichotomy concerning John Quincey Adams' father?
4. Who served as the Governor of Tennessee and later as Senator from the State of Texas?
5. What position did Lamar take after the Civil War?
This section contains 415 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)