|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 7.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What advantage did John Quincey Adams have as a politician?
(a) More money than anyone else.
(b) More education than experience.
(c) Ignorance of the Washington politics.
(d) The confidence of coming from a strong political family.
2. John Quincey Adams was a Senator from what state?
(c) New York.
3. What was the result of Webster's courageous stand in giving the Seventh of March speech?
(a) Webster would have become president but he died 2 years later.
(b) Webster sacrificed his potential presidential run and his popularity.
(c) Webster was honored by his constituents as a man of courage.
(d) Webster changed his position of slavery to agree with Clay.
4. What two bills did Houston support that made him unpopular in the South?
(a) The Missouri Compromise of 1820 and the Compromise of 1850.
(b) The repeal of the Missouri Compromise and the bill of rights.
(c) The Kansas-Nebraska bill and the articles of confederation.
(d) Calhoun's bills and resolutions on the Oregon question.
5. In terms of service in office of both father and son, what similarity set them apart from presidents before and after them?
(a) Both father and son served three terms in office.
(b) Neither father nor son served a second term in office.
(c) Both father and son served during wartime.
(d) Neither father nor son served out a full term in office.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why did Benton oppose the treaty of annexation of Texas?
2. What was Lamar able to convince President Hayes to do?
3. What were Benton's most effective weapons as a fighter?
4. What was Benton's characteristic that early on made his constituents love him?
5. To what does Kennedy ascribe as half the power of Webster?
This section contains 362 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)