|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 7.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What was Lamar's main purpose in his political actions?
(a) To bring the South peacefully back into the Union.
(b) To rekindle the anamosity between North and South.
(c) To transfer his allegience to the Northern Democrats.
(d) To become President of the United States.
2. How did Daniel Webster describe and define himself?
(a) As a free thinker opposed to the Union.
(b) As a debator who loved to take any opposing view.
(c) Not as a Massachusetts man but as an American.
(d) As a citizen of the world.
3. What was it about Benton that inspired the approval of his Missouri constituency?
(a) He did not care about political pressures and did what he thought was right.
(b) He was also very popular among his party members.
(c) He arranged a lot of pork barrel spending in Missouri.
(d) He took young Congressmen under his wing.
4. How did Lamar view the free silver movement of 1877?
(a) He saw it as a depletion of the nation's silver.
(b) He supported it to help save Mississippi.
(c) He was too ill to pay it much attention.
(d) He saw it as creating easy inflationary money.
5. How did Lucius Lamar first run for Congress?
(a) As a Radical Republican.
(b) As a pro-Unionist.
(c) As an independent.
(d) As a secessionist.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which of the following public offices did John Quincey Adams NOT hold?
2. What position did Lamar take after the Civil War?
3. How was Lamar similar to author Joel Harris?
4. In terms of service in office of both father and son, what similarity set them apart from presidents before and after them?
5. What act of inconsistency brought his Missouri constituents to brand him a traitor?
This section contains 406 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)