|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 7.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What leader who was at odds with Adams' father did John Quincey find himself agreeing with quite often?
(a) Benjamin Franklin.
(b) Alexander Hamilton.
(c) George Washington.
(d) Thomas Jefferson.
2. Kennedy sees as a weakness in John Quincey Adams an emotional attachment to whom?
(a) His religious congregational members.
(b) His wife and his mistress.
(c) His parents and God.
(d) His college friends and professors.
3. Where did Houston deliver his acceptance speech after being elected Governor as an independent?
(a) At San Jacinto.
(b) On the steps of the Capitol building.
(c) In Houston, Texas.
(d) In San Antonio, Texas.
4. What measure did Henry Clay enlist Webster to help with?
(a) Speaches warning about Abraham Lincoln's political ambitions.
(b) The Great Compromise of 1850.
(c) Clay's bid for re-election.
(d) Re-writing the Bill of Rights to include slavery.
5. What was Daniel Webster known for during his lifetime?
(a) As a writer of fiction.
(b) As a politician who opposed any kind of compromise.
(c) As a particularly eloquent speaker.
(d) As a squeaky voiced speaker.
Short Answer Questions
1. What traits indicate that Adams suffered common human emotions?
2. What was Lamar able to convince President Hayes to do?
3. After Houston's removal from the Senate, what office did he run for and win as an independent?
4. What poet does Kennedy quote to express the bitterness of the South during reconstruction?
5. Although thought of as a crazy politician, what did John F. Kennedy see as a mark of courage in the man?
This section contains 351 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)