|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 7.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What position did Lamar take after the Civil War?
(a) That laws needed to be enacted to punish carpetbaggers.
(b) That those who supported the Union should be tried as war criminals.
(c) That people should save their confederate money.
(d) The way to end the South's suffering was compromise and reconciliation with the North.
2. Why did Thomas Hart Benton get the nickname of Old Bullion?
(a) His gold plated sign on his office door.
(b) His silver mines in Missouri.
(c) His advocacy for hard currency.
(d) His greed for money.
3. Which of the following public offices did John Quincey Adams NOT hold?
(d) Supreme Court Justice.
4. Prior to the Civil War, what notable action did Lamar undertake with Jefferson Davis?
(a) Speaking out against secession.
(b) Designing the Confederate flag.
(c) Writing the Articles of Confederation.
(d) Walking out of the Democratic Convention.
5. What was Lamar's involvement in the controversial Hayes-Tilden presidential election?
(a) He refused to fight the election results.
(b) He made stump speeches for Hayes.
(c) He supported an election commission that eventually gave Hayes the Presidency.
(d) He voted against the Democrats and supported Hayes.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who served as the Governor of Tennessee and later as Senator from the State of Texas?
2. What was the result of Webster's courageous stand in giving the Seventh of March speech?
3. Where did Benton say he's rather see the Democratic Party rather than give one inch to Mr. Van Buren?
4. How did Daniel Webster describe and define himself?
5. Kennedy sees as a weakness in John Quincey Adams an emotional attachment to whom?
This section contains 379 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)