|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 7.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What trait of Adams ultimately caused him to suffer great disappointments?
(a) His ability to manipulate his father.
(b) His superior attitude toward other politician.
(c) His willingness to change positions when expedient.
(d) His uncompromising religion.
2. How did Daniel Webster describe and define himself?
(a) Not as a Massachusetts man but as an American.
(b) As a citizen of the world.
(c) As a free thinker opposed to the Union.
(d) As a debator who loved to take any opposing view.
3. For what prestigious university did Adams once work as a professor?
4. Although thought of as a crazy politician, what did John F. Kennedy see as a mark of courage in the man?
(a) He would do whatever was necessary to get re-elected.
(b) His stance on big government over states' rights.
(c) He would stand up in the Senate without a gun.
(d) He would do what he thought was right regardless of his party or his popularity.
5. What metaphoric comparison does Kennedy make to John Quincey Adams' Puritanism?
(a) A conflict of interests.
(b) The east coast, craggy, rocky, somber and strong.
(c) Kennedy's Catholicism.
(d) A mighty ship in a storm.
Short Answer Questions
1. What was ironic when the Matthews Resolution came up for a vote in the Senate?
2. Where did Houston say he wanted it written that he loved his country, he was a patriot, and he was devoted to the Union.
3. What earned Houston the name of traitor and pro-Abolitionist?
4. In spite of John Quincey Adams' clarity and political courage, what life-long need did he have?
5. How was Benton's behavior different when he was with his family from when he was involved in politics?
This section contains 413 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)