Two Week Quiz A
|Name: _____________________________||Period: ___________________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 7.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. To what does Kennedy ascribe as half the power of Webster?
(a) His ability to make friends easily.
(b) His political connections.
(c) His handsomeand commanding appearance.
(d) His outstanding education.
2. Why did Houston define himself as an old fogy?
(a) Because, he said, I have been around far too long and need to retire.
(b) Because, he said, he had been made a martyr for Texas.
(c) Because, he said, I don't always practice what I preach.
(d) Because, he said, I cling devotedly to the principles upon which our government was founded.
3. How was Lamar similar to author Joel Harris?
(a) Lamar had a pet named Br'er Rabbit.
(b) Lamar, like Harris, was a graduate of Oxford.
(c) Lamar wrote a book called Tunes of the South.
(d) Lamar, like Harris, told tales about the South.
4. Which of the following public offices did John Quincey Adams NOT hold?
(b) Supreme Court Justice.
5. Where did Houston deliver his acceptance speech after being elected Governor as an independent?
(a) In Houston, Texas.
(b) On the steps of the Capitol building.
(c) In San Antonio, Texas.
(d) At San Jacinto.
Short Answer Questions
1. What was ironic when the Matthews Resolution came up for a vote in the Senate?
2. What Webster speech in the Senate became known by the date it was given?
3. What was it about Benton that inspired the approval of his Missouri constituency?
4. What act of inconsistency brought his Missouri constituents to brand him a traitor?
5. Where did Houston say he wanted it written that he loved his country, he was a patriot, and he was devoted to the Union.
This section contains 401 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)