|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In the original Ohio State studies to what strategy did the black button correspond?
2. Which game had a biblical example of how it is played in Chapter 11?
(d) Divide the cake.
3. What strategy embodied some human psychology aspects according to Chapter 12?
(c) Backwards induction.
4. Organisms and genes can be thought of to have a kind of what in relation to game theory?
(b) Saddle Point.
5. Many believed that game theory games modeled seemingly perfect but inhuman and ____ players.
(c) Too perfect.
6. What game is a cross between Deadlock and Chicken?
(a) Stag Hunt.
(d) Volunteer's Dilemma.
7. What game is similar to volunteer's dilemma but is played by only two people?
(c) Stag Hunt.
8. What game did Axelrod's tournaments "play?"
(c) Prsioner's Dilemma.
9. Who did the public see as Machiavellian advocates of nuclear war in connection with the wane in game theory interest?
(a) Oppenheimer and Hilbert.
(b) Russell and von Neumann.
(c) RAND and von Neumann.
(d) Matthews and von Neumann.
10. What General believed it was justified to use nuclear weapons in Korea to prevent a North Korean and Chinese victory?
11. In what field was game theory used to model evolutionary game theory?
12. As Ohio State subjects were allowed to meet and discuss strategy in the original studies, what strategy dominated play?
13. After his fall von Neumann was examined by a doctor who diagnosed him with what disease?
(b) Radiation poisoning.
(c) Prostate Cancer.
14. Which game is also known as an "assurance game?"
(a) Stag Hunt.
15. What were the subjects in the original Ohio State studies awarded in the pay off situations?
(b) Food vouchers.
Short Answer Questions
1. An organism that can adapt to changing circumstances over long periods of time has developed ____.
2. When did the initial interest in game theory begin to wane?
3. In the late 1950s what did von Neumann spend most of his time working on?
4. Who developed SAGE?
5. In what month did von Neumann die?
This section contains 385 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)