|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Besides Chicken what other two-person, non-cooperative game gets a lot of attention?
(a) Prisoner's Dilemma.
(d) Stag Hunt.
2. In Stag Hunt how many people are needed to hunt stag?
(c) 2 or 3.
(d) 1 or 2.
3. What General believed it was justified to use nuclear weapons in Korea to prevent a North Korean and Chinese victory?
4. Organisms and genes can be thought of to have a kind of what in relation to game theory?
(d) Saddle Point.
5. Later in variations of the Ohio State study, what strategy dominated play?
6. Where did Axelrod Teach?
7. In what year did von Neumann slip and fall after being appointed commissioner?
8. What could SAGE detect?
(a) Nuclear devices.
(b) Radiation leaks.
(c) Nuclear detonation.
(d) Radioactive elements.
9. As his health worsened von Neumann's ___ was one of the first things to go.
10. Who was President of the United States when the nuclear debate came to a head and a study resulted to determine how many bombs the U.S. actually had?
11. Which two person game is similar to Prisoner's Dilemma except that in this game there is no reason to cooperate?
(c) Stagh Hunt.
12. In what month did von Neumann die?
13. Who came up with the game model centered around two hunters deciding what to hunt for the day?
14. Who did the public see as Machiavellian advocates of nuclear war in connection with the wane in game theory interest?
(a) Matthews and von Neumann.
(b) Russell and von Neumann.
(c) Oppenheimer and Hilbert.
(d) RAND and von Neumann.
15. In what field was game theory used to model evolutionary game theory?
Short Answer Questions
1. In ____, two-person games neither player has an advantage.
2. According to Chapter 11 how many separate pay off situations are there for the two person games like Chicken where no player has an advantage?
3. According to details in Chapter 7 Harold Urey was a key developer of what?
4. In which symmetric social dilemma game do parties just not cooperate because they do not want to cooperate?
5. An organism that can adapt to changing circumstances over long periods of time has developed ____.
This section contains 396 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)