|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where was the disastrous Secretary of the Navy's speech about neutralizing the Soviet threat made?
2. What game is similar to volunteer's dilemma but is played by only two people?
(d) Stag Hunt.
3. In what year was von Neumann appointed Atomic Energy Commissioner?
4. When did Robert Axelrod hold his game tournaments?
(b) Late 1970s.
(c) Mid 1990s.
(d) Early 1980s.
5. Who first suggested nuclear warfare as a game of chicken?
(d) von Neumann.
6. What General believed it was justified to use nuclear weapons in Korea to prevent a North Korean and Chinese victory?
7. Who developed SAGE?
(c) von Neumann.
8. What strategy embodied some human psychology aspects according to Chapter 12?
(b) Backwards induction.
9. What was the name of the Russian spy working in Britain that helped leak key nuclear information to help Russia become nuclear capable quicker?
(a) David Hilbert.
(b) Klaus Fuchs.
(c) Kurt Godel.
(d) Bela Kun.
10. A study commissioned to find out how many bombs the U.S. had available reported that a total of 300 to 600 bombs were available in what year?
11. In what field was game theory used to model evolutionary game theory?
12. What is also know as a public goods game?
(a) Stag Hunt.
(b) Volunteer's Dilemma.
(c) Prisoner's Dilemma.
13. Who came up with the game model centered around two hunters deciding what to hunt for the day?
14. Many began to see the presumptions of game theory as callous and ___.
15. How long did von Neumann take to do calculations for a project which he thought he would need a digital computer to complete?
(a) 5 months.
(b) 3 months.
(c) 12 months.
(d) 6 months.
Short Answer Questions
1. After WWI what did the U.S. push to develop in the hopes of gaining an edge over the Soviet Union?
2. If neither person swerves in a game of chicken what happens?
3. Who appointed von Neumann Atomic Energy Commissioner?
4. What could SAGE detect?
5. In Stag Hunt how many people are needed to hunt stag?
This section contains 368 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)