|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who became pessimistic about military technology and modern society as they aged?
(a) von Neumann.
2. After WWI what did the U.S. push to develop in the hopes of gaining an edge over the Soviet Union?
(a) The atom bomb.
(d) The hydrogen bomb.
3. In Axelrod's tournaments, how many rounds would each computer program play?
4. Who appointed von Neumann Atomic Energy Commissioner?
5. An organism that can adapt to changing circumstances over long periods of time has developed ____.
(a) A defection strategy.
(b) A stable strategy.
(c) A natural strategy.
(d) An equal strategy.
6. What strategy was the most successful during Axelrod's tournaments?
(a) Backwards induction.
7. What could SAGE detect?
(a) Radiation leaks.
(b) Radioactive elements.
(c) Nuclear devices.
(d) Nuclear detonation.
8. Which game is also known as an "assurance game?"
(a) Stag Hunt.
9. In what month did von Neumann die?
10. Due to his deteriorating health von Neumann was confined to a wheelchair in ___.
11. Which game has a madman strategy?
(a) Prisoner's Dilemma.
12. After his fall von Neumann was examined by a doctor who diagnosed him with what disease?
(c) Prostate Cancer.
(d) Radiation poisoning.
13. Who was Secretary of the Navy in 1950?
(a) Dwight D. Eisenhower.
(b) Francis Matthews.
(c) Curtis LeMay.
(d) Douglas MacArthur.
14. In what year did the U.S. get good evidence of Soviet nuclear capability?
15. Over the years variations on the Ohio study have included variables in gender, race and ____.
(a) Eye color.
(c) Books read.
(d) Car ownership.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who played an unintentional role in resolution of the public nuclear game of chicken?
2. What was the name of the Russian spy working in Britain that helped leak key nuclear information to help Russia become nuclear capable quicker?
3. As Ohio State subjects were allowed to meet and discuss strategy in the original studies, what strategy dominated play?
4. In ____, two-person games neither player has an advantage.
5. Who publicly disavowed preemptive war after so publicly advocating this stance before?
This section contains 348 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)