|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 13 The Dollar Auction.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who first suggested nuclear warfare as a game of chicken?
(d) von Neumann.
2. When you make a decision in a game that you think your opponent will make, you are using a minimax or ___ strategy.
3. Russell was the first to suggest a different game model for ___ than prisoner's dilemma.
(a) Negotiating a peace treaty.
(b) Nuclear war.
(c) Selling a car.
(d) Building a world government.
4. Political lobbying, _______________, and staying in a bad marriage or a bad job are all examples of real life dollar auctions.
(a) Betraying friends to win a game.
(b) Staying in a bad neighborhood.
(c) Leaving a bad movie.
(d) Campaign contributions.
5. Scientists working on the Manhattan Project were in a rush to complete the project before Russia and ____ could complete their similar projects.
(c) North Korea.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who developed SAGE?
2. Who came up with the game model centered around two hunters deciding what to hunt for the day?
3. In a game of chicken, what happens if both parties swerve simultaneously?
4. In which game is defection the best strategy for either player?
5. What course topic was von Neumann invited to teach at Princeton?
This section contains 228 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)