|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 13 The Dollar Auction.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What game is similar to volunteer's dilemma but is played by only two people?
(b) Stag Hunt.
2. In the 1950s and 1960s many viewed international conflict, and specifically ____ as a kind of prisoner's dilemma.
(a) Nuclear conflict.
(b) Militia led conflicts.
(c) Human rights conflicts.
(d) Political conflicts.
3. When did Robert Axelrod hold his game tournaments?
(a) Early 1980s.
(b) Late 1970s.
(d) Mid 1990s.
4. In the face of major criticism game theory research shifted from a pure math focus to what?
(a) Actual human behavior.
(b) Animal behavior.
(c) Human psychological factors.
(d) Evolutionary possibilities.
5. Who developed the game model now known as a prisoner's dilemma?
Short Answer Questions
1. In Chapter 6 one of von Neumann's RAND colleagues in the 1950s was mentioned as whom?
2. In the 1980s who took game theory into unexpected territory according to details in Chapter 12?
3. Prussians issued Kriegspiel to every ____.
4. In what year did von Neumann slip and fall after being appointed commissioner?
5. Where was the disastrous Secretary of the Navy's speech about neutralizing the Soviet threat made?
This section contains 197 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)