|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 11 More on Social Dilemmas.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Besides mathematics, von Neumann, according to details in Chapter 2, was also very knowledgeable in what area?
(c) English Literature.
2. Scientists working on the Manhattan Project were in a rush to complete the project before Russia and ____ could complete their similar projects.
(a) North Korea.
3. Who played an unintentional role in resolution of the public nuclear game of chicken?
(b) von Neumann.
4. As mentioned in Chapter 6, which two colleagues agreed to play the experimental prisoner's dilemmas?
(a) Alchian and Shubik.
(b) Godel and Cun.
(c) Cun and Williams.
(d) Williams and Alchian.
5. In prisoner's dilemma, if either criminal confesses before the other the police promise to do what?
(a) Give both prisoners a lighter sentence.
(b) Set that prisoner free.
(c) Drop all charges against that prisoner.
(d) Give that prisoner a lighter sentence.
Short Answer Questions
1. What war between the Allied and Axis powers was going on when von Neumann was invited to become part of the Manhattan Project?
2. John von Neumann helped a company move its _____ computers to digital, stored binary computers.
3. Who developed the game model now known as a prisoner's dilemma?
4. Bertrand Russell is a ___.
5. What was the bomb called that von Neumann developed which became the basis for later nuclear device development?
This section contains 233 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)