|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 11 More on Social Dilemmas.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The RAND Corporation became know for "___" the unthinkable as they considered problems arising in varied situations?
2. What were the subjects in the original Ohio State studies awarded in the pay off situations?
(c) Food vouchers.
3. What is the most popular "solution" to the rational to cooperate in Prisoner's Dilemma as explained in Chapter 11?
(b) Repeated play.
4. Besides Bertrand Russell, what mathematician thought a new war between the U.S. and Soviet Union was inevitable once the conflict ended between the Allied and Axis powers?
(a) Kurt Godel.
(b) Merrrill Flood.
(c) John Nash.
(d) John von Neumann.
5. After his fall von Neumann was examined by a doctor who diagnosed him with what disease?
(b) Prostate Cancer.
(c) Radiation poisoning.
Short Answer Questions
1. What philosopher advocated a world government for peace?
2. Who played Kriegspiel as a boy?
3. How old was von Neumann when he was invited to teach a course at Princeton?
4. John Nash, a brilliant unbalanced mathematician, was von Neumann's old colleague who reconnected with him where?
5. What General believed it was justified to use nuclear weapons in Korea to prevent a North Korean and Chinese victory?
This section contains 215 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)