|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 9 Von Neumann's Last years.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Chapter 1 if neither loved one pushes their button by the time limit what happens?
(a) Both die.
(b) Both are beaten.
(c) Both are set free.
(d) One dies.
2. How old was von Neumann's daughter from his first marriage when she moved in with him?
(a) Late thirties.
(b) Young adult.
(c) Pre teens.
3. Who played Kriegspiel as a boy?
(a) John Nash.
(b) John von Neumann.
(c) Merrill Flood.
(d) Robert Axelrod.
4. Many began to see the presumptions of game theory as callous and ___.
5. The Manhattan Project was a secret U.S. government program to build what?
(a) A bio-weapon.
(b) A hydrogen bomb.
(c) A computer guided missile.
(d) An atomic bomb.
Short Answer Questions
1. In the prisoner's dilemmas experiments, how many times was the equilibrium solution played, according to Chapter 6?
2. RAND operations were located where?
3. What war between the Allied and Axis powers was going on when von Neumann was invited to become part of the Manhattan Project?
4. Who helped develop a strategy of how to use the bomb to end the war in Japan?
5. What could SAGE detect?
This section contains 200 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)