|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 6 Prisoners Dilemma.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. RAND developed a nuclear fail safe strategy that held that a good second strike capability deterred a first strike by ensuring that the U.S. had plenty of what available?
(a) "Fat Bombs."
2. Besides Bertrand Russell, what mathematician thought a new war between the U.S. and Soviet Union was inevitable once the conflict ended between the Allied and Axis powers?
(a) Kurt Godel.
(b) Merrrill Flood.
(c) John von Neumann.
(d) John Nash.
3. Who was von Neumann's partner in the original development of game theory?
4. Game theory involves competitive games between perfectly ____ and opposed players.
5. Several famous RAND studies looked at how the public would respond to contact with aliens and life after what?
(a) A near death experience.
(b) Chemical warfare.
(c) A nuclear war.
(d) An alien abduction.
Short Answer Questions
1. With what country was the United States engaged in a "cold war?"
2. Russell was the first to suggest a different game model for ___ than prisoner's dilemma.
3. In the game prisoner's dilemma the police separate the two criminals into ______ .
4. Where were the Manhattan Project operations located?
5. In what country did von Neumann earn his PhD in mathematics?
This section contains 232 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)