|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 6 Prisoners Dilemma.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who developed a mathematical way to extend von Neumann's game theory beyond the original game theory insights?
(a) Merrill Flood.
(b) David Hilbert.
(c) Kurt Godel.
(d) John Nash.
2. In the prisoner's dilemma, what do both criminals have to do in order to be set free by the police?
(a) Wait for their lawyers then confess.
(b) Tell lies about each other.
(d) Keep quiet.
3. John von Neumann worked with what company to help design a faster, more compact computer?
(a) Eckert-Mauchly Computer Corp.
(b) International Business Machines.
(d) Nixdorf Computer Corp.
4. What does IAS stand for?
(a) Institute for Advanced Studies.
(b) Institute in Advanced Studies.
(c) Institute of Armament Strategies.
(d) Institute for Armament Strategies.
5. What was the first name of von Neumann's first wife?
Short Answer Questions
1. Besides Einstein, von Neumann was in the presence of such great thinkers as ____ at the IAS.
2. Bertrand Russell is a ___.
3. Who originally suggested the RAND Corporation as a research and development institute?
4. The RAND institute at one time had every great U.S. and free world mathematician, physicist and ____ working there.
5. How old was von Neumann's daughter from his first marriage when she moved in with him?
This section contains 216 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)